Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2019 4:52 AM

Oct 2011
Sorghaghtani said:
Fallere_825 said:

Don't you remember? It's the pact he made with his guild.

Yeah, but is it worth staying in the guild if it means he forces his sister to live a lie? She certainly did not want her memory sealed. I feel this is just a convenient setup for him.

Agreed, especially since she isn't a kid now, so she should have a say in it. He can't simply decide about her future or life like that.
Dec 7, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, honestly I didn't expect this. So far this show has been less than "meh" but I'm glad that I kept watching and that it picks up towards the end in storytelling and overall quality. Still some problems, and I don't think it can really save the entire series but at least I'm enjoying it more.

I wasn't expecting that backstory. I thought that the flashes they had shown us somehow showed that Kufa had been working as a member of the guild since he was little, but instead it's a much sweeter and sadder story. To safeguard his adoptive little sister's happiness and safety, he has to give up their sibling relationship and lock away her memories. And so he's been watching her and keeping her safe all this time. I didn't really notice it at all. So all this time he's been acting, including in the first episode when they first "met" at the train station. Since Rosetti is my favourite character, I liked this episode. That scene where Kufa had to seal away Rosetti's memories again was really sad. I hope one day they can live peacefully without having to lock away her memories as brother and sister. No wonder Rosetti is so drawn towards Kufa. Even though she mistakes it for romantic attraction, I think deep down she feels comfortable and familiar with Kufa and wants to be with him. Locking away her memories doesn't mean locking away her heart or her feelings.

Melida and Kufa's relationship progresses it seems. I'm not really sure how I feel about it as I'm not much of a fan of the main ship, but I guess as long as people are happy? Not sure how the Angel family is going to react to one of their two heiresses falling in love with a "low-born".

Action scenes were good. Action in this series is one of the things I most enjoy, but they felt short and often lacks that last "oompf" that makes it all the more enjoyable. Animation is also a bit choppy during battles which again takes away from it.

I hope the next episodes keep up the improved quality of the pacing and storytelling that was shown here.
Dec 7, 2019 8:36 AM

Feb 2017
the idea of the story are good, but how they serve it, minimal knowledge of the world building and out of context of a scene make really horrible

also fbi is watching you kufa, jail waiting for you

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 7, 2019 3:42 PM

Feb 2018
Melida get kiss lol, Rose so cute xD.
Dec 7, 2019 8:22 PM
Mar 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Why didn't he just use the potion on rosetti ?

it wont work on her because she was his kin only.. she's not the lancasthrope herself... only when kuffa got back on being a human that she will become too.. that's why kuffa using the alternative of sealing away her memories...
Dec 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Sep 2016
I sure expected him to kiss her, but for her to kiss him, lol.

Also, she bragged about it...twice!

Also remember, she is 13 he is 17, also, even if they weren't, doesn't matter it's fiction.
bruh
Dec 8, 2019 2:53 AM
Jan 2018
bhosx said:
Mattinator95 said:
Why didn't he just use the potion on rosetti ?

it wont work on her because she was his kin only.. she's not the lancasthrope herself... only when kuffa got back on being a human that she will become too.. that's why kuffa using the alternative of sealing away her memories...

Ah ok . Did i miss the part where they explain what a kin is or did they just overlook it at and just mention kin like we are supposed to know what it means
Dec 8, 2019 10:47 PM

Jul 2016
Sorghaghtani said:
Yeah, but is it worth staying in the guild if it means he forces his sister to live a lie? She certainly did not want her memory sealed. I feel this is just a convenient setup for him.

WTH did you even watch in this arc? LOL! Without her memory sealed she'll attack people out of blood lust & with the war going on between Human vs Lancanthrope, she'll get killed, Kufa's identity will get revealed. End of story xD
rafin016Dec 22, 2019 5:31 AM
Dec 9, 2019 6:53 AM
Oct 2018
FullyCharged said:
I sure expected him to kiss her, but for her to kiss him, lol.

Also, she bragged about it...twice!

Also remember, she is 13 he is 17, also, even if they weren't, doesn't matter it's fiction.

Yeah LOL. MAL administrator should've put "shoujo" for this anime. But with that epic eps 1, who the hell knew that this anime gonna be like as we know today.
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
Dec 9, 2019 1:11 PM
May 2019
I would have tickled her tonsils, but I'm sure it's a good place to start......hopefully more adult stuff happens soon.
Dec 11, 2019 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
I get that the age gap between Melinda and Kufa is only 4 years, but think of it like this... a 13 year old girl... has probably just started getting her period... and a 17 year old male... is y'know.. like.. almost grown...
At 13, you do not have the body of an adult, like not even a little bit,

I'm bothered by this bc at 13 you LOOK like a child. They even drew her to look like a child. I thought Kufa was a grown ass man. I mean, he's only 17, sure, but like.. compared to 13? He's a grown ass man idek
Why is a 17 year old attracted to a 13 year old? A prepubescent child?
Aaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 11, 2019 2:55 PM
May 2019
LilyWhiteheart said:
Since there's only 4 years of difference between Melida and Kufa and he isn't "adult" yet (17 years old), is it ok for me to ship them?

Considering all the people shipping Mafuyu with Nariyuki in Bokuben, I don't see how this could be a problem. Anyone who's okay with the former but not with Kufa and Melida is a hypocrite.
sabishiihitoDec 11, 2019 3:02 PM
Dec 14, 2019 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Is it just me or did this whole episode feel like whole scenes were missing?

Rosetti is all of the sudden healed and in a forced wedding by her dad? Also giant spider demon super villain taken out so fast?

Then magically Kufa and Rosetti are siblings in love because incest, which means her dad is Kufa's which adds even more drama.

Also Melida perfectly find with vampire twilight boyfriend...and everything was wrapped up with rumor exposition on the train home...

This episode was horrible and an absolute mess.
Dec 15, 2019 7:20 AM

Nov 2019
Did she just said they kissed Twice? I can't seem to remember when was the first time.

Dec 15, 2019 10:06 PM

Jun 2017
Now we know more about Rosetti and Kufa's past, so that's how they were related huh, it's just sad that she can never remember who Kufa truly is.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 16, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2019
Nabaat said:
Did she just said they kissed Twice? I can't seem to remember when was the first time.

Kufa delivered the potion that gave her his mana via kiss.
Dec 17, 2019 9:10 AM
Jan 2017
I felt surprised when the kufa kissed the melida, the rest are boring (Sorry for my bad english).
Dec 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Nov 2019
sabishiihito said:
Nabaat said:

Kufa delivered the potion that gave her his mana via kiss.

I yeah, true. I remember now. Thanks

Dec 19, 2019 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
WHY DID YOU CENSOR THE KISS. STUPID ANIME.

Anyway...

Melida: HAHA I GOT FURTHER THAN YOU. >:p
Rosetti: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! D:<

Fantastic. :)

@Naabat: Yeah, episode one, he kissed her to feed her the potion. xD again it was censored to incur my wrath

LittleHellion said:

Why is a 17 year old attracted to a 13 year old? A prepubescent child?
Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Because that's how you know the feelings are REAL. Love is about more than "wow, hot body; I wanna bang!"

This relationship (like many others in anime) is about heart, not sex.

Why do people have to cheapen romance like this?
ChiibiDec 19, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 20, 2019 12:04 AM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
I always liked Rosetti as a character but damn, I really wish she was able to keep her memories.
Jan 2, 2020 12:52 AM

Feb 2012
This episode had me cracking up all the way through. Absolutely hilarious. I don't know why the show is getting such low ratings. People are taking it way too seriously.

I mean, all the stuff that kept happening was comical. "We're in the kind of relationship where we've already kissed!" Comic genius.

Antanaru said:
Wow... either the writer for this episode was taking the piss or the show finally revealed its true shoujo colours. Either way, it was so fucking dumb I couldn't stop cringing.
You've gotta enjoy it. It's absolutely hilarious.
Jan 6, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2011
rafin016 said:
Sorghaghtani said:

WTH did you even watch in this arc? LOL! Without her memory sealed she'll attack people out of blood lust & with the war going on between Human vs Lancanthrope, she'll get killed, Kufa's identity will get revealed. End of story xD

True. Rosetti's memories are better off sealed.
Was anime really a mistake tho
Jan 11, 2020 3:58 PM
Nov 2018
Kufar and Rosetti》》
Feb 2, 2020 5:42 PM

Jan 2016
wtf was that wedding scene shit??

their relationship weird af too
Mar 14, 2020 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
It was nice seeing Kufa coming clean about being half lancanthrope to Melida. I can't say I agree with his decision to seal Rose's memories though.
Apr 12, 2020 6:21 AM

Jun 2011
I think I like the Kufa x Rose dynamic more, Kufa x Angel feels like father x daughter or brother x sister, even more so than Kufa x Angel..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 21, 2020 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
The end of some weird family trip it seems, to think all those problems occured because of some spider

I really expected some scolding to happen because certain individuals have admitted to kissing smh

Jun 18, 2020 7:22 AM

Aug 2017
Probably the best episode yet with a satisfying ending. We have Kufar and Rosetti past and the relationship they have. I also appreciate that while Marquis Prickett was not a good guy, he had good intentions but questionable methods. Also, it was a good idea to made him the secondary villain of the arc not the main as many expected. Several episodes ago, I thought Naqua was a vampire but really being an arachnid was a nice addition.

Rosetti achieve her goals, but she just doesn't remember it -.-

Pretty good arc.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 6, 2020 8:13 AM
Nov 2019
This is probably the best episode so far, but the problem is again so obvious - the pace is incredibly quick - I don't think anyone who hasn't read the light novel could catch up with the story...
Nov 29, 2020 3:19 PM

Sep 2017
So in addition to students getting mysteriously attacked, a voice only Melida could hear and Prickett looking like the anime version of Gilderoy Lockheart, we also had a giant spooder, and the person who'd been doing the attacking was being manipulated/controlled

Pretty convinced now they actually did just throw The Chamber of Secrects into a blender to come up with the plot for this arc, but I have to say I found it surprisingly enjoyable
Mar 9, 2021 11:47 PM
Jan 2019
Yo this soundtrack is pretty good. Everything else is very rough. Feel like I'm watching an epic fantasy show with my ears but then you use your eyes and brain....quite bad.
Oct 19, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2015
Ok I know I'm not going mad now. I swear Rosetti's voice actor changed during these last few episodes. I remember the first time I watched this I had a gap between watching the main series and these last few episodes and thought Rosetti's voice was different to what I remembered but I swear it does change.

Also the whole main romance is just weird to me. I'm normally all for the main romances in anime but here it just seems weird. A very young girl who acts young with a very mature older guy. I personally think Rosetti and Kufa look a lot more natural together. Especially in their vampire forms. I'd personally rather they kept the main romance to Melida admiring Kufa but Kufa keeping it at a safe distance.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2021 4:11 PM

Jun 2020
He was going to erase Melida's memory because of his ego ok then, Damn Melida taking the first kiss, I don't know why it felt like a kink when Kufa is sticking his teeth on Melida's neck

This is like getting out of hand now what's going to be the point with all these random ass battles

Good thing they resolved the problem too bad Rose gets to forget all of her memories again.
Jan 26, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2021
Why is everyone sayin melida kissing kua was amazing? shes 13 hes 17. thats not right!?!?
Jan 26, 2023 3:23 PM
Nov 2021
Hylianticipated said:
Yikes. At least their ages aren't that different.
ah yes, 13 and 17 arent that different
Jan 26, 2023 5:46 PM

Dec 2015
JimmyWatson said:
Hylianticipated said:
Yikes. At least their ages aren't that different.
ah yes, 13 and 17 arent that different

Why are you quoting my comment of all comments? I literally said “yikes” because of how weird it is. My point is it could’ve been worse like a lot of other awful anime. All things considered 4 years isn’t that significant. It’s still weird as shit and partly why I gave this anime such a low score. Go be mad at someone else.
Apr 28, 2023 8:38 PM

Mar 2012
-100 for the creepy kisses, but i enjoyed the hell out of the priest on fire.
Aug 19, 2023 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe the best episode of the entire series, although the kiss scene beetween the main leads is kind of... Eeewww!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

32 by pissolati »»
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.