Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 13, 2020 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
Christ. What an awful episode.
Nov 15, 2020 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty boring for me. I don't understand Mahjong, never played Uno either so I have no clue what was going on.
Nov 15, 2020 8:12 AM
Jul 2020
When Yota introduces Ashura to Hina, she gets irritated by the fact that he also has the name of a God. This surprised me as that there is a similar concept in Sanskrit. "Asura" in Sanskrit means "Class of powerful superhuman beings with either good or bad qualities".

I know this is not the right place to comment such things. Sumimasen.
Nov 15, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
A bit late to the party, as I'm catching up on my seasonals, but yeah the episode's a lot funnier when you have a background in how Mahjong works and how you're supposed to play. Especially combined with how serious and unbending the rules are usually, but yeah this episode would be kind of random and confusing for anyone who doesn't have any experience with Mahjong (I used to play chinese Mahjong and there are enough similarities to the Japanese style).
But yeah, the stuff that happened with the woman was weird asf though, don't know where this show's trying to go.
Nov 28, 2020 3:52 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Ah yes, the trope we haven't been able to avoid since Yosuga no Sora: An MC that has the chance to "score" but acts more embrassed than the female or chickens out over "love", as if that exist in Japan anymore. Christ almighty...
Nov 28, 2020 2:04 PM

Mar 2010
Damn that truly was a waste, was hoping he would get laid.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 7, 2020 4:57 AM

Jun 2019
The last part of the episode and Youta's action were so cliched and annoying when he rejected that ladies advances. Up until this episode Youta hasn't been acting like the typical weak protagonist, but has been taking some chances and following Hina's advice, even to the point of telling his life long crush how he felt.

So this normal young guy, aged 17-18, fancies a sexy tv lawyer, he actually gets to meet her and she comes on to him, offering him his first real experience, with a lady he already has a crush on, and he says no! Isn't the whole point of youth to act out and have some fun now and then. He turns down a drink and an open invitation to spend the night with a woman of his dreams, yet he says no.

What a let down! After seeing how Nasa acts in Tonikawa i was hoping we'd get some more protagonists that act like real people, or act less like cliched anime protagonists, wimpy and weak minded. Most guys would jump at the chance if there tv crush propositioned them, and it's not as if his real crush, Izanami, is interested in him at all. Poor writing.
Dec 9, 2020 8:03 AM

May 2014
The only thing I understood about that match were the epic UNO plays.

Still a fun watch.
Dec 9, 2020 10:38 PM
Oct 2019
What the hell was that? Did that not fall into potential statutory rape category?

I don't mind the Mahjong, even though I don't have any clue what was happening. One of my absolute favorite anime is Hikaru no Go and I have no idea how to play Go even after watching that entire show lol.

So, 4 episodes down. That's 1/3 of the season. And now there are just 13 days before the end of the world, down from the original 30. There's been no discernible progress towards staving off end times.
Jan 7, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was actually nice. I just don't understand the direction this anime is going in. We have this episodic structure that's mostly lax with an underlying dark element of days that continuously count down. It's a very weird mix.

Lots of enjoyment, very little sense.
Jan 16, 2021 10:21 AM

Aug 2017
Not good as epsode 3. I don't understand the game and the bitch was annoying. Did they just use UNO Rules for other game? LMAO.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 7, 2021 11:56 PM

Mar 2016
What the hell was with this episode. The only part that made it link to what we've seen so far was Youta remembering all of Hina's statements during the game.

No idea how Mahjong's supposed to work, but somehow he won...by cheating? (unless the freedom play just allowed to score with all those incomplete/partial hands and combinations)

And then the end. He got nervous and turned down the advances of his TV crush, who proceeds to go gorilla-mode, her bodyguard tears his expensive suit (that he 'borrowed' from his Dad), he leaves the trophy and the damn prize money...and then his true crush Izanami had left ahead of him.

There were pretty much no upsides to that day for Youta. He managed to wing it into winning a tournament, but it all went to shit from there :P
Feb 9, 2021 9:10 PM
Oct 2017
Ugh... wasted opportunity but he has the right to say 'No'.
Feb 26, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect a sudden mahjong tournament arc with a bit Uno in it. I'm impressed Yota managed to follow Odin's instructions, even though I've no clue wtf happened. Still can't believe Yuta is mad enough to reject Tengan and managed to destroy his dad's expensive suit.

Mar 15, 2021 5:49 AM
uwu

Mar 2014
I'm legit starting playing Mahjong after this episode and finally can understand some things. These are for those who don't understand

1. In Mahjong, you need to have a "hand" to win (as in poker). In this case, Youta didn't have a winning hand but he invented his own winning hand.

2. You can only take opponent tile to complete a triplet, quadruplet or a sequence. But in this episode, Youta takes opponent tile to make a Pair which don't comply the rules

3. If you almost have a winning hand (only need one tile to win) and throughout the game you don't reveal your hand, you can declare "Riichi". In real Mahjong, you can only declare one Riichi, but here Youta declare multiple Riichi which is hillarious

4. And last, in Mahjong there are points system, and basically the better your hand, more points you will get. Because Youta invented his own rule, he can have a winning hand with lots of point which in normal Mahjong you can't win with that hand at all.

tl;dr Youta invented his own Mahjong rule. Some of his rules are pretty funny but you can only get it if you play Mahjong
Apr 26, 2021 1:11 AM

Mar 2019
I don't know the rules of mahjong but I think I can understand the humor from a poker player's perspective. He was doing things like
-Claiming 26789 is a partial straight
-Claiming QKA23 is a straight
-Claiming 2 clubs and 3 spades are a flush because they're all black
-Randomly deciding that deuces are wild cards
-Taking a discarded card from the muck and adding it to his hand
-Staying in a hand without calling a raise
Is that kind of right?
Apr 10, 2023 3:19 AM
Sep 2018
As soon as Yota’s father went “hey, where’s my favorite suit?” I knew he wasn’t going to get it back in one piece.
May 20, 2023 2:04 PM

Apr 2023
She was really down to smash a teenager
May 23, 10:33 AM
Mar 2024
beautiful episode, i hope jun maeda is doing great
Aug 4, 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
the rare 4th episode filler, a play as bold as MC boy's mahjong
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

167 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 20, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

308 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 16, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.