Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2021 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh...the Hortensia Orthodox Church Ecclesiastical Order, this group is a snitch. And for Alfred to get summoned by Captain Georg himself, there's surely a reason why: investigating an abandoned village of undeads suffering from a witch's plagued curse. It's no wonder Marius has opinions against the Church.

The Magonian Requiem flower from last episode, that flower is a medicine to the undead, much less them going crazy.

A new character shows up Deflotte, and simultaneously a citizen of the former village, the son of the priest and subjected to "God's Trial" of a epidemic.

Well, look at how the tables have turned against Alfred and Co. by the Ecclesiastical Order, and a giant undead as a relapse. Looking at how things are going, there's only one way to find out: recruit Deflotte and find answers to peace across the land.

Am pretty surprised that it adapts the 3 manga chapters available, mixes and added things around so it doesn't feel rushed. And yeah, it's boring as hell, but I don't care.
KANLen09Jan 20, 2021 9:21 PM
Jan 20, 2021 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
This episode was kind of boring, decent episode I guess. Deflotte is joining the knights, we're probably gonna see more of him from now on.

Jan 20, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
another very interesting episode, new blue hair guy is pretty cool and the world building here was good too.
Jan 20, 2021 9:38 AM
Oct 2016
An investigation while meeting the next member of the squad. Deflotte seems like a good dude, I liked his character introduction in this episode. Alfred, Marius and Maurice going to this quarantine village, quite a topical subject these days, to see what's going on wth the literal undead seen roaming around. We got more information about this Orthodox Church who've basically taken over authority in the Kingdom since the uprising and young king being crowned. With this Pope essentially having control over everything and letting his church rule with an iron fist. Even over the Royal Knights like we saw as they came to assault our group at the end of the episode. Sad for Deflotte having to learn his whole village had been killed by a plague including his dad. I'm glad that he decided to become a knight and join Alfred
Jan 20, 2021 11:01 AM

Mar 2010
Such a sad story for the village. Nice a new person is joining. Maid is still screechy asf.
Jan 20, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2019
Deflotte joined them, I liked him in this episode so it's nice to see that. The dad was ready to if that would make his son live. Good episode.
Jan 20, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2018
It's been 3 episodes of character introduction with filler stories. All but ep 1 were incredibly boring. I'm just hoping that the plot to retake the kingdom picks up a bit with the next episode.
Jan 20, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2018
What a sad fate for the village to be quarantined and to pray for a natural cure for the disease that they were going through. Deflotte the son of the priest visits after that has happened and in the end, Deflotte joins the party.
Jan 20, 2021 3:27 PM
May 2017
this was actually a pretty good episode
I started losing hope because ep2 wasn't too great, the maid and usual lost kid was way too annoying
Jan 20, 2021 4:32 PM

Sep 2020
It looks like more allies will be introduced in the next episode.
Jan 20, 2021 7:26 PM

Oct 2017
Deflotte seems like a realiable and likeable guy, glad to have him onboard. His and the village's story was a sad one.

Marius worrying for Alfred was sweet. I hope we get to see Afred learning her true gender in this season.
Jan 20, 2021 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
This show gets shittier and shittier with every passing episode and not the fun SCAT kind either, more like the after Taco Bell dinner kind.
It'd be more interesting if the new guys criminal charges weren't fake, molestation sounds fun......ask my dad????
The Fights and story were so boring I started phone surfing and found an article about Kevin Smith's Fleshlight collection that was more interesting than this.
And just bang your reverse trap already, come on! She looks nothing like a dude....nothing! If she was next to me and said she's a guy, then give me a show on Bravo cause I'm gayer than RuPaul eating out Elton Johns ass during Carnival.... Now that's gay!
Jan 20, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2020
an okayish episode

less Moru and less maid so i'm not complaining
Jan 20, 2021 11:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Quarantined village. Oh, no! Its revived the memories!
Anyway, that new character looked so decent. He was so good with his spear, and pretty much useful enough at the battlefield. A former bounty hunter, evolved to the real knight. Not bad, Deflotte.

Its also confirmed more of the bad church involvement, and Pope's authoritarian toward a certain territories that somehow led them into a disaster. Even the church formed their own guardian unit from a former Hortensia royal knights under their direct supervisions.

Fortunately a independent state like Albert dominion was more appropriate and free from the influence of the palace orders. Even though, Albert Lord movement was almost under their heavy observation and should obey the command they ordered, proof by these episode event. Curious to see the interaction between them and those church order captain to see the truth behind his action.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 21, 2021 12:34 AM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Just to be clear, the first time marius used the flower incantation and it didn't work on the undead was it because she used an Immortelles flower, and that's why it glowed red and they attacked her, rather than when she used a requiem flower on the big guy at the end and it turned blue, removing his regeneration? Since both flowers look basically identical. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this episode, the new character deflotte is pretty cool though, and a pretty decent guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how he integrates as a main character, and what kind of interaction will happen when they meet up with george again. The whole village stuff with zombies was pretty interesting too imo, a little bit different than what has happened so far. Looking forward to this show.
Jan 21, 2021 6:06 AM

Nov 2013
When in doubt just add zombies. Who cares about characterization?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 21, 2021 6:07 AM
Sep 2020
Seeing the rating, i thought this is will be really bad. But it's actually pretty decent. Why is this rated so Low, i wonder
Jan 21, 2021 7:04 AM
May 2016
Ughhh, dropped this is just too boring. It's worse than King's Raid and I managed to last 10 episodes for that. If the new guy had asked Marius why she was dressed like a guy I would have stuck around but this show isn't that clever.
Jan 21, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2007
Solved the current crisis, gained a new ally, even had some suspicious visitors and learned a little bit of the village's past, but we never really found out what actually happened to all the villagers. Unless the church knows more, since they were there now as well to silence them, this will be quite a big question left hanging.
Jan 21, 2021 1:45 PM

May 2018
oh, new character just arrived........
Jan 21, 2021 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
damn, the poor village left to cling onto what little hope they had left before becoming zombified lol. At least the new guy managed to get his peace somewhat and is now part of the crew and maybe part of the harem as well hehehehehe
Jan 21, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
the death of Deflotte's father was sad, one more member in the group.
Jan 22, 2021 5:51 PM

Dec 2020
this episode was kinda boring, IDK but the story seems all over the place....
Jan 22, 2021 9:26 PM

Aug 2017
weird how they have no trouble pronouncing the l in Alfred properly, but Albert is said as Aubert.
Jan 25, 2021 1:54 AM

Apr 2016
When is the hot onee-san joining the party ?

Jan 26, 2021 10:32 AM
Nov 2018
Bloodglas said:
weird how they have no trouble pronouncing the l in Alfred properly, but Albert is said as Aubert.

As usual your post is about finding that ONE little thing to pick on. So that's what you get from an entire episode - the Japanese pronounced a foreign word wrong! What a weird personality.
Jan 27, 2021 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, I feel sorry for the villagers.

Now we have a new guy, Deflotte, joining the group.

Jan 27, 2021 3:22 PM
Nov 2020
I'm a little behind (gonna watch ep4 after posting this), but this series has passed the "3 episode rule" for me to keep watching. It's interesting because this title is based on a video game, is rated low, and doesn't seem that popular. Those three aspects were also seen with Magatsu Wahrheit last season, and I absolutely enjoyed that one and hope that a second season comes out for it eventually. I've never played either video game either.
Jan 27, 2021 7:10 PM

Oct 2016
That was a good episode, it's good to have Deflotte on board.
Feb 7, 2021 5:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm this is starting to be a lil bit interesting once again after episode 1 with all that sus mission from church.

Although the rank of this anime is surprisingly bad hihi, feels like I am the only one who enjoy this :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 21, 2021 9:22 AM
Jan 2020
The quarantined village was filled with the undead. It was sad to see the past of Petale village. Deflotte is also a cool character. He can fight. He is very loyal to his village as well. The politics in this anime is real. And Deflotte is going to become a knight now, through Albert’s recommendation.
Apr 26, 2021 12:50 AM

Jul 2015
Good to see a new member joining, but since we only know about Deflotte originially being from the village I'm a bit curious to why he is a wanted man with many 'false' accusations

More topics from this board

» Will there be a part 2 or a movie?

zazo_Zero_2 - Aug 2

1 by Furnandles »»
Aug 2, 11:55 AM

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.