Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Jan 2020
He seems like a nice person, but hoo boy his decision-making is horrible. Take a look at this conversation I had with him regarding my last ban:

[12:44] <vuxk> why am I banned?
[12:44] <vuxk> you have to give me the best explanation
[12:45] <dipitfoo> Hello
[12:45] <dipitfoo> give me one moment
[12:45] <vuxk> okay
[12:45] <dipitfoo> I am on my way to singing off so I can give you a quick explaination but if you want a more in depth one coming again tomorrow would be your best bet
[12:46] <dipitfoo> So it was trolling for this post specifically
[12:46] <vuxk> heh, I'm in the middle of conversation with someone on MAL and I can't carry on because of you
[12:46] <dipitfoo> [LINK]
[12:47] <vuxk> that's all?
[12:47] <vuxk> because I told him that he's full of shit?
[12:48] <dipitfoo> no it was for the kitchen line
[12:48] <dipitfoo> that does unfortunatly fall under trolling
[12:48] <vuxk> what??
[12:48] <vuxk> how come?
[12:48] <vuxk> if I'm asking you to go to the kitchen instead of talking to me
[12:48] <vuxk> that's offensive???
[12:49] <dipitfoo> yeah that is considered off topic for the purpose of possibily upsetting a user

I was banned because I told somebody to go to the kitchen and cool off his head. How ridiculous it can be smh.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 29, 2020 10:06 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I don't mean to offend this mod here, but honestly... "possibly upsetting a user" will always happen regardless of who did the action that provoked this or not and how it happened. Especially in this day and age where some seem to get offended pretty easily by things that don't really offend most others. It's just how the internet works and that's just how life is in general, so it's admittedly kinda pointless to over-worry about users supposedly trolling or upsetting other users, since it happens literally all the time and some people kinda have a different idea of what's offensive or not.
Also, it's admittedly kinda odd (and funny) that you ask if "that's offensive" and he immediately responds "yeah that is considered offtopic" which are clearly two different words. Maybe that's a stupid thing to point out, but hey it's like 1 am over here and I was never that smart in the first place, so idk.

Also, whenever there's a controversial thread that should clearly not be on the site or when I send in a report abuse submission, this mod takes a decently long time to address them. I realize that the first part is not exclusive to this mod, but the most recent PM I got from this mod was from 5 hours ago saying that he acknowledged a report abuse submission I made... iirc over 2 weeks ago... and some other mods are much faster to respond and acknowledge the submissions I sent, even if they may or may not exactly understand why I sent in the report, so.....

....yeah ngl I feel quite mixed about this mod's decisions sometimes.
Dec 30, 2020 1:00 AM

Jan 2020
Fario-P said:
I don't mean to offend this mod here, but honestly... "possibly upsetting a user" will always happen regardless of who did the action that provoked this or not and how it happened. Especially in this day and age where some seem to get offended pretty easily by things that don't really offend most others. It's just how the internet works and that's just how life is in general, so it's admittedly kinda pointless to over-worry about users supposedly trolling or upsetting other users, since it happens literally all the time and some people kinda have a different idea of what's offensive or not.
Also, it's admittedly kinda odd (and funny) that you ask if "that's offensive" and he immediately responds "yeah that is considered offtopic" which are clearly two different words. Maybe that's a stupid thing to point out, but hey it's like 1 am over here and I was never that smart in the first place, so idk.

Also, whenever there's a controversial thread that should clearly not be on the site or when I send in a report abuse submission, this mod takes a decently long time to address them. I realize that the first part is not exclusive to this mod, but the most recent PM I got from this mod was from 5 hours ago saying that he acknowledged a report abuse submission I made... iirc over 2 weeks ago... and some other mods are much faster to respond and acknowledge the submissions I sent, even if they may or may not exactly understand why I sent in the report, so.....

....yeah ngl I feel quite mixed about this mod's decisions sometimes.

Good points! His criterion is indeed vague and baseless.
Thanks for your input.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Dec 30, 2020 1:00 AM

Jan 2020
I've been given permission by Akko to share an argument he had with the same mod about unjust bans he received:

https://imgur.com/a/YLZqGjk
Rei Ayanami
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Is the 30 characters limit rule stupid?

vuxk - Dec 29, 2020

1 by Fario-P »»
Dec 29, 2020 9:45 PM

» Questionable thread locking practices

vuxk - Dec 29, 2020

1 by vuxk »»
Dec 29, 2020 9:06 PM

» Rate the moderators

vuxk - Dec 29, 2020

0 by vuxk »»
Dec 29, 2020 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.