Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Anne girl is quite a talkative character. It looks like this takes place with a half year time skip.

There's also more rivalries developing even outside of the rock climbing fields. Well, I suppose this anime is gearing up for another major competition again soon. Kinda funny seeing Uehara explaining rock climbing to the younger kids.
Nov 28, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2020
To prepare for the big tour, each of the girls (except Jun) are improving and each are busy training and repping up. This caught Anne's attention and decides to compete with Konomi, which she decisively won.

The true colors appeared as Anne discourages our girl on their winning prospects. Konomi challenged as ever took the trash talk and took up Anne's challenge.

All this time, Jun is running the bouldering gym she once grew up with. This time, we have Kaoru and the kids they're teaching. It goes to show how much she lagged behind after her mishap months before. But Kaoru, the girl that hated her for years encourages her and Jun manages to finish the climb.

A buildup for the last tournament arc. Jun will likely reunite with the Hanamiya girls and I hope Konomi will beat that annoying kurukurusu bitxch.
Nov 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
I’m so glad Jun got her confidence back, I was scared for a minute there. Shoutout to Uchihura too for the encouragement. She may be scummy, but even she didn’t wanna win that way.

Great episode as usual, all the girls are off training and getting ready for the next event. I’m hyped to see Konomi’s results next week.
Nov 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
I like Juns long hair, it suites her more, but Imma guess she will cut it once she gets back. Its great that she got over her lack of will power to climb. But I feel like she is so behind in training and progression her return will be but a small help to the others.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 28, 2020 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Jun is back and thats the best bit of this chapter. Anne and all the mental midgets simping for her made me cringe too much for me to get any enjoyment.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2020 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
Annoying idol girl shows her true colours and they aren't very bright, not that it was unexpected.

Anyway Konomi sees her own flaws which is a good thing since she can work on it now.
Jun got over her issues as well with some unexpected help let's hope she will perform better next them.
And hopefully her new found joy will be able to help out Konomi as well.
Nov 28, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2018
Konomi given the moniker "Murder Observation" Idol girl appears by the name "Cool Kurusu" sheees watta couple of lame nick names.

i wonder why Sayo and Nonoka weren't competing along with Konomi????

Well well, Cool Kurusu ain't so Cool after all when she becomes a bitch when no one is looking,,,,,,,oh, that trash talk that Cool Kurusu does to Konomi......looks like somebody has to put Cool Kurusu in the ice box where she belongs.
JiangHaoyi1979Nov 28, 2020 12:47 PM
Nov 28, 2020 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
Murder Observation, yeah that's a lame nickname. They should've given her a better one.
Kurusu Anne showed her true colours.

Well, Jun is now able to climb now partly thanks to Akane.

Nov 28, 2020 12:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was nice development for Jun at the end of the episode, she was really paralyzed by the wall... but now that she realized she's having fun too I hope that she will be reunited with the other girls
Nov 28, 2020 1:24 PM

May 2020
Finally, finally Jun is able to climb again! And she realizing that she also started to climb for fun was wonderful. I really cant wait for Hanamiya to get reunited.

Also, can we talk about the great development of Akane? Motivating his "rival" so she also can get better is such an amazing way to demostrate how hungry of get better and win she is.

The national cup is gonna be great. I'm hyped.
Nov 28, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2019
well...Anne-chan is like an idol..not really a climbing girl but sh*ttalking the others huh...how poor.

Well I guess Jun is back again...
Nov 28, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2020
Jun with her long hair, looks really good
Nov 28, 2020 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
3 episodes to wrap this up, huh? Not gonna lie, this show lost a LOT of steam after last week for me, I hope they can somehow salvage this. Didn't help that Kurusu is annoying AF.
Nov 28, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2020
Atleast Anne-chan's true colors are that bad... I think she's a pretty decent opponent.

Bruh is Jun rapunzel!!?!? I understand that it was 6 months but damnnn her hair grew a lot. She looks great with it tho.

wait I just realized that there are two kitty girls in this show; and both of them challenge someone in this ep. Coincidence??

Yesss go ginger-haired girl for helping return Jun's climbing spirit!

Nice episode, felt too short :(( gonna need a redemption.
I wonder how they are gonna wrap this up in just 3 more episodes....
Nov 28, 2020 3:14 PM

Sep 2019
So the nyan girl helped Jun and now she can climb again. I don’t know what to feel about Jun’s return.
Nov 28, 2020 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Jun finally made it up I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 28, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
I knew that the cool Kurusu chick had a bipolar personality >:( I hope you lose :D

“Murder Observation” BAHAHAHHA. We love that, might be a little too aggressive, like Yotsuba said though lol.

I’m glad to see that Jun overcame whatever was bothering her. Now we are going to get the whole squad back up and running!
Nov 28, 2020 6:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, a time skip before a big tournament for the girls. Apparently Konomin had so much progression over her stamina and power, and conquer more wall in the process. Meanwhile, everything still at the same one, though, both Sayo, and Nono. Idk if thats a good sign or not. But, i got to see the real personality of Cool Kurusu, after a nice progression of Konomin. She crushed Konomin's previous mind really hard, with her factual harsh words, while at the front, she kept acting cute at her fans. Double face Kurusu at her best!

Well, at least, Konomin learnt much from her exhibition match against those hypocrisy girl. Speeding climb, maximized her stamina and power into a one blow, instead of focusing them into the analytical review for the walls. Interesting to see how Konomin solved those problems from its master. Who? Jun? At the same time, finally the screen back to Jun's, and how her new daily life. She still had the same struggle. Fortunately, with a little rude encouragement from her childhood rival, a mew girl, she could overcome her fear, and realized behind it. Yeah, you just need to shut your mind up, and enjoy that shit, to get a nice result. Now, Jun, after you regain your confidence, lets go back to your couple Konomin, and teach a nice art of a speed climbing to her. Lets see next. Fast pace as its own good!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 28, 2020 8:51 PM

Aug 2019
what a surprise, Kurusu was a bitch all along and her nice personality was just a facade
Nov 28, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2017
Konomi has a new nickname: Murder Observation. Weird flex but OK...

A 6-months timeskip after the competition, and FINALLY, getting to know the "Princess of Climbing" idol Anne Kurusu. A friendly exhibition match no less for the views and extravagance, and down to the private self, she's no different than the others before her. What a bitch, beat her down to the punch with all that training for the future Cup!

For Jun though, other than the competition leaving a harsh impression on her, getting away from all the trouble to teach bouldering for kids, much less deteriorate from her skillset. The "Rookie Killer" Akane Uchihara a.k.a childhood rival diving into her job is such a win-lose situation, with ALL THAT MEW. She desperately needs "the push to shove", and it's all thanks to Akane for challenging her physcial and mental provocations.

A bit of a better episode, and the final quarter to finish things up.
Nov 28, 2020 10:53 PM

Jul 2016
I knew that Kurusu chick would be another bitch but seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to have the only two characters I would like to smash against a wall (in a violent sense, not a lewd one sadly) having screentime in the same episode? I swear, between so many nya's and kuru-kurushit's, I actually had to pause the episode a few times due to my growing irritation.
Nov 29, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode I really enjoyed it. I knew Anne wasn't cool kurusu but, I didn't expect her to be that much of a dick cause, gaddamn she has a really terrible personality. Better watch out bitch, Hanamiya coming for your ass.

Uchimura is bad guy but that does not mean she's bad... guy. Her dickishness is just what was needed to give Jun her edge back. And I like her ponytail, I think it really suits her. Though she most probably will cut it once she's back on the team.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 29, 2020 7:30 AM

Oct 2017
The world will remember your sacrifice nyaaa.

Also XD knew it, cool Kurusu has a bitchy personality. Too arrogant, gotta take her down a few notch.
Nov 30, 2020 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
Kurusu's personality just felt incredibly fake from day one. Now we see her for who she truly is.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 30, 2020 4:01 PM
Aug 2018
Okay episode. 6 months and yet Konomin hasn´t learned a thing, bit unusual no? Nothing interesting to see and the only the scenes with Jun are interesting...even then, its not that spectacular. At one point, i was seeing this coming. This anime keeps on going with very poor and rushed ideas and honestly, its drawing me away. Lets see what kind of rivalries will come.
Nov 30, 2020 6:19 PM

Aug 2018
Weird time skip, not sure it was necessary since almost nothing happened in that timelaps. Like Jun was still isolated herself from the group and apparently no one came to help her in 6 months. Pretty weird move from a so-called team

Also the annoying as fuck "Cool Kurusu" girl revealed her true face : I bet she'll be defeated & exposed publicly, which could be satisfying
Nov 30, 2020 7:36 PM

Oct 2008
Kurusu is a pro-bitch! nuff said!
4/5.

Dec 21, 2020 12:22 AM

Aug 2018
Why in every anime theres a bitch like this KuruKurusu
Btw that Jun scenes were pretty hilarious without the help of the Rookie Killer Jun probably will not regain her composure and will not join Hanamiya again. Thankfully even with that attitude she still have kindness and helped Jun lol

Mvp this ep is the Rookie Killer
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 29, 2020 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
Akane rooting for Jun was pretty cute, not gonna lie.

That said this episode totally contradicts the fact that Jun was supposed to train her wall reading skills for the last six months, bit disappointing.
EratiKDec 30, 2020 2:04 AM
Jan 1, 2021 8:18 AM

Dec 2016
I already had my daily dose of annoying girls after watching this entire episode x_x The cat and idol girls are so annoying they should be nominated for grammy awards.

This episode wasn't for my liking, but I'll wait for the actual competition where Hanamiya's gonna beat them and teach those girls a valuable lesson. Patience is a virtue ;3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 22, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
Expected cool nicknames like 'Analyst' or 'Robot'...not something silly like 'Murder observation'.

Really thought Jun was training in the half year that went by, but reality is cruel seeing her struggle with the sport.

Jul 17, 2021 12:19 PM

Feb 2020
Cool Kurusu! Oh, my. She's so cute yet a little annoying character.

I'm glad Jun to get her confidence back.
Aug 8, 9:14 PM
Apr 2020
I don't like Uehara Jun very much as a character because of her motto that climbing can not be fun and if you think it is you're not good enough for the sport. she started climbing because it was fun but she "forgot" that? ok! I have come to like the cat girl more because of this ep and I hope that Jun stops gatekeeping
Oct 13, 5:18 PM
Mar 2018
I was growing increasingly irate every time they said kuuru kurusuuuuuuuu. Then it turns out she's actually a massive cunt like half of the characters in this show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2020

41 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Oct 10, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

76 by cijhho123456 »»
Sep 7, 11:43 AM

» Terrible sportsmanship compared to irl climbers

BiscuitsAnimeAlt - May 16, 2021

11 by Awwww- »»
Aug 19, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2020

111 by Jonas-K »»
Aug 19, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

32 by JAC67 »»
Jul 6, 2023 6:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.