Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, it was just the same scenes from the anime... some which was taken poorly... like the 1st cross counter with Rikishi... in the recap of the next episode they fixed the error they made.. but, then the movie didn't even try to take the scene from the recap that was better with no error...
Aug 29, 2015 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Can you link me?
Sep 13, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
You watched it raw?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jun 1, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, that ending almost made me cry.
Dec 14, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2020
This was great, even tho it was just some of the old scenes. I really just watched this for the nostalgia, that end hurt me tho... I miss him man.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Feb 3, 2021 7:08 PM
Jul 2010
There is an english dub that exists for this! That's what I watched! It is great. The english dub was pretty good. The animation is a lot better than the 1970's series, a lot of it is remastered and a bunch of scenes are even redrawn. It looks incredible. This movie is like Dragon Ball Kai, it removes all the filler, redraws some scenes and looks more modern than the original 1970's series. I would definitely recommend checking it out!
Feb 3, 2021 11:29 PM
Jul 2010
This movie was so good. watched it again. The animation is just beautiful, so well drawn and detailed. Very high definition stuff. The english dub is also great. This movie condenses about 53 episodes into a 2 and a half hour movie but does it very well. It covers the story without the filler.
Feb 3, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2010
I can't get over how good that english dub was, discotek did an amazing job. They dubbed it back in 2008/2009. I hope they can dub the second movie too sometime!
Apr 22, 2023 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
No matter what, ending still hurts :/

Honestly, not that bad for a recap movie.

Art and animation improvements over the series and even some new scenes added (which looked great)
Voice acting was improved upon too although I wasn't a fan of Nishi's new VA.

But in the end it's just a condensed version of the series so it misses out on way too many details sadly, as you'd come to expect from the pacing in recap movies.
That said if you somehow watched the first series and didn't go straight into season 2 then this is perfectly fine to catch up.

Oct 2, 2023 9:05 PM
Oct 2018
It was fun rewatching a lot of the classic scenes from the series, but it's too condensed in my opinion. Many of the moments are cut down for time, and as a result lose their impact and meaning upon rewatch. It's too rushed and almost dismissive of the scenes it's showing. Not only that but Nishi's voice is all wrong, and the animation is basically the same as the original's. This might as well be a long recap episode with bad voice acting instead of an actual movie. Still, with all that being said, the show itself is so good that watching it again like this is still entertaining.

More topics from this board

» Okay to watch instead of TV series?

ChartTopper60 - Jul 3, 2020

2 by ChartTopper60 »»
Jul 22, 2020 1:38 AM

» Where can I find the movie English subbed?

MidoFortune - Jul 6, 2015

2 by MidoFortune »»
Apr 28, 2018 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.