Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2020 9:26 AM
Nov 2014
In one of the early episodes, an organization referred to the principal Takamatsu Kougetsu as a "first generation Lily".

I find this very interesting. This raises a lot of questions - was the first generation mixed gender ? how long ago in the lore did it appear ? is the Principal really that old or it some accelerating aging stuff.
Are principals in other gardens also "first generation" Lilies? What about the teachers?
Is the principal some sort of "last survivor"? so far he's the only "First generation Lily", and he's been a Lily himself at least for as long as Grand Guignol and co existed.

So, do you folks think the anime might delve into "first generation Lilies" later?
It's potentially a goldmine imho. (from an aspiring author's POV, I dabble in creative writing)

Thank you for the feedback.
Dec 4, 2020 9:49 AM
Aug 2020
I kind of think they will get into this especially if the series ends up being two-cour. They've focused pretty heavily on civilian-Lily relations and the ethical aspect of the Lilies so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to their origin in the end. I imagine it will tie into the origin of the HUGE in some way as well.

Edit: It seems it's been confirmed as one cour now, which means we're getting to the last 3 episodes, but it still seems possible to me.
liquidscimitarDec 4, 2020 10:00 AM
Dec 4, 2020 10:09 AM
Nov 2014
If it helps to sell the toys (and if the blu ray sells ok), then hopefully they'll at least continue the story with novels/manga (less costly than anime).
Dec 4, 2020 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
the story of this anime is just so messy in some areas. btw, the Acting Chairman seems to be male so does that mean males can be Lilies too? So far we have only seen females as Lilies though. Even the latest episode which shows Lilies from various other schools only had girls as Lilies.

Maybe first gen lilies are actually normal humans experimented on to be given powers to wield magie for the fight against Huge. The first gen lilies, then had children and now the gene for wielding magie got passed down to the whole human race so Lilies can be born naturally, with some people being able to wield magie or have more magie quantity being considered a Lily.
removed-userDec 11, 2020 1:39 PM
Dec 4, 2020 11:31 AM
Nov 2014
I agree with this theory.

Even setting aside the "rule of cool" and "of course they must be girls!" factors, biologically it just may be the case that whatever enables one to use magic can only be carried by an X chromosome.

Therefore X egg + Y spermatozoid = normal boy.

X egg + X spermatozoid = girl with the potential for magic.

This is further enhanced if the genes are recessive, since that would require both parents to be "first generation" lilies and would exclude "halfbreeds".

Johan Nouvelle's father might be a "first generation" lily himself.
Dec 4, 2020 12:47 PM
Dec 2018
They could be first generation Lilies (super human test subjects or something like that) since male are considered better candidates for army and war. But then they must have discovered later that some young girls (maybe their offspring, or some particular girls in general) can show better results. I won't be surprised if the parents of the girls were chosen particularly and injected with something to give birth to a girl with super human capabilities. The question is who came first, the Huge, or the Lilies.

It's clear one is derived from the other. Probably the huge came first, then came the first-gen Lilies (the men), then x-gen Lilies (the girls we see now). But this method is still not efficient since you'll have to wait for girl to be born and grow. So, now they are trying to mass produce lilies.

In my opinion, Huge are 'Angels' here. But instead of building giant Mecha robots, Humans this time decided to use men and eventually teenage girls.

Also, RIP Yuri-chan.
Dec 4, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2008
I'm still thinking the Vividred Operation route.
Humanity reached out to somewhere they shouldn't (Magi energy) and opened the door to not just a new revolutionary energy source, but also creatures from the other world.

Lily are the Newtype human evolved to also make use of the Magi energy. They just found out later girls are better at using that power and then the education is focused to girls only.

The acting director's sister, the real director of Yurigaoka, is also a Lily
nseikaDec 4, 2020 5:45 PM
Dec 6, 2020 7:40 PM

Sep 2008
I raised an eyebrow as well, but I wouldn't read much into this show. they'll go with whatever they want. there's no clear direction unfortunately.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 8, 2020 5:07 PM
Aug 2018
At what age do lily begin to fight? I know it is between 16 years old and?
Dec 9, 2020 6:23 PM

Apr 2008
Yuyu met Riri 2 years ago, so it's probably she is still in the middle school. At least, she and Soraha are already part of the 1st generation Legion Alfheim since middle school, although not as official member (because of the different department).

Kaede and Araya are also famous already, so they likely had real experience before.
Dec 10, 2020 2:11 AM
Aug 2018
nseika said:
Yuyu met Riri 2 years ago, so it's probably she is still in the middle school. At least, she and Soraha are already part of the 1st generation Legion Alfheim since middle school, although not as official member (because of the different department).

Kaede and Araya are also famous already, so they likely had real experience before.
Yes, but I am asking the age of when they became lilys that in some episode of the assault lily bouquet video they said since I do not remember which episode it is in and I cannot find the data anywhere.
Dec 10, 2020 2:36 AM

Apr 2008
Tachi27 said:
Yes, but I am asking the age of when they became lilys that in some episode of the assault lily bouquet video they said since I do not remember which episode it is in and I cannot find the data anywhere.
The earliest is probably middle school. Most of the well known Lily has begin to stand out since that age.

In the middle school, those who had experience defeating Huge in real combat would be known as first class Lily.
Although they are categorised as Reserve Squad (probably means they are not the main force, like Legions).
Kusumi awakened her Phantasma skill at 1st year of middle school, so she would have been in the program and monitored since that time.
There are also Lily who transferred in midway in middle school.

Rather than the anime, the best source of info would have been from the stage play, novel, or digging through Fumi's tweets
nseikaDec 10, 2020 2:44 AM
Dec 28, 2020 1:35 AM
Nov 2014
Thank you nseika for suggesting the sources.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.