Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 2, 2020 3:10 PM
Apr 2018
SparkleDuck said:
LOL... Just like in the manga, the "put the phone in the exact spot so that a text would send at a certain time of the day based on how the sun works" concept is as laughable as you can get. The show forces any nonsensical idea it can just to let Nana kill for a little longer. Glad it eventually stops being this stupid, but man the first half of the series (so far, in accordance with the manga) is so bad.

Well, she would have had hours to experiment with how fingers would melt onto the phone when exposed to direct sunlight to get the construction right.

And she also would have been able to test how much exposure to sunlight the bodies need before they begin to melt, by placing bodies in different places w.r.t. the sun. So she'd be reasonably sure leaving a body in a clearing that was only open at the top would indeed melt only when sunlight could directly enter through the top at midday.

And if it turned out plan C was unworkable, she would have just done plan B and risked getting caught. So there was no reason not to experiment with plan C.

I think it's a reasonably robust scheme for a murder mystery.
Dec 2, 2020 6:51 PM
Jul 2020
Damn this episode kept me on the edge of my seat! I know some people said they were getting sick of the "nana is in trouble how will she get out of it?" trope but for me it never really gets old because I like seeing how her thinking goes. Too powerful
Dec 3, 2020 1:07 AM
Dec 2017
Step 1) Figure out Nana the Talentless is the mass murderer
Step 2) Keep it a secret, don't tell anyone
Step 3) Reveal all your secrets to Nana. Show Nana what all your powers are and expose your weakness.
Step 4) Go find a private place with no witnesses. Go there with Nana to die.
Step 5) Successfully let Nana kill you. Leaving no clues or evidence.

If you fail step 5, go back to step 1 until she successfully kills you.

This new guy is following procedure perfectly.
Dec 3, 2020 6:51 AM
Jan 2020
charliechuckle said:
Step 3) Reveal all your secrets to Nana. Show Nana what all your powers are and expose your weakness.

The new guy, Tachibana Jin is a nightmare for Nana cause he is talented, smart and knew her secrets. And I have a feeling, this guy is not easy to die or deceived
Dec 3, 2020 8:12 AM

May 2014
SparkleDuck said:
LOL... Just like in the manga, the "put the phone in the exact spot so that a text would send at a certain time of the day based on how the sun works" concept is as laughable as you can get.
It is not as though the text had to be sent at any exact time. There were several hours of leeway.

This isn't a scenario in which overly precise predictions and coincidences have to work out perfectly. Compare to some of the things that happen in Death Note, Code Geass, No Game No Life, etc.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 3, 2020 8:37 AM
Dec 3, 2020 9:08 AM
Dec 2017
Kur4y4m1 said:
charliechuckle said:

The new guy, Tachibana Jin is a nightmare for Nana cause he is talented, smart and knew her secrets. And I have a feeling, this guy is not easy to die or deceived

If it wasn't for the immortal powers, then all the people you think are "smart" would be dead already. Also, claiming they are talented or smart is subjective. In my opinion, your smart talented person acts exactly like Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z. Over confident, throws away all advantages; gives away all secrets, and gets nothing in return.
Dec 3, 2020 9:12 AM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
SparkleDuck said:
LOL... Just like in the manga, the "put the phone in the exact spot so that a text would send at a certain time of the day based on how the sun works" concept is as laughable as you can get.
It is not as though the text had to be sent at any exact time. There were several hours of leeway.

This isn't a scenario in which overly precise predictions and coincidences have to work out perfectly. Compare to some of the things that happen in Death Note, Code Geass, No Game No Life, etc.

I watched the first few epiisodes of Death Note because you said it was stupid. Everyone seemed to be acting normal in that show. Unless you are talking about the psychopath mass murderer who is literally insane. Ya, that's called insanity. That's like claiming the Joker is the same as this show. I'm sorry, there is a difference between a single insane character getting lucky, verses the getting lucky that the entire population is too monumentally stupid. One is exponentially more impossible.
Dec 3, 2020 10:02 AM
Nov 2020
charliechuckle said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

If it wasn't for the immortal powers, then all the people you think are "smart" would be dead already. Also, claiming they are talented or smart is subjective. In my opinion, your smart talented person acts exactly like Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z. Over confident, throws away all advantages; gives away all secrets, and gets nothing in return.

Exept Jin didn't throw anything away he just showed his power and backstory. If he would want to expose her, he would do that long time ago, but exposing the truth to the class would risk another battle royale among Tallented . He's that kind of character that is on nobody's side and just wants to anwsers from Nana.
But why am I even explaining this everything was stated in this ep.
Dec 3, 2020 10:13 AM
Nov 2020
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

I watched the first few epiisodes of Death Note because you said it was stupid. Everyone seemed to be acting normal in that show. Unless you are talking about the psychopath mass murderer who is literally insane. Ya, that's called insanity. That's like claiming the Joker is the same as this show. I'm sorry, there is a difference between a single insane character getting lucky, verses the getting lucky that the entire population is too monumentally stupid. One is exponentially more impossible.

His point isn't that DN is stupid, he just says that Light relied heavily on precice predictions and near-impossible coincidences, while Nana relies on much simple plans and via her leader status manipulating the truth. The main point is that this show isn't supposed to be like Death note it has cat and mouse game elements yea, but it's not full cat and mouse game like DN. Once this show concludes you will know what I'am talking about.
StrykerynoDec 3, 2020 10:27 AM
Dec 3, 2020 10:53 AM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

"First few episodes" meaning how many? The first ten episodes or so already feature mind-boggling strategic incompetence. In a few "strategic" moves, Light manages to narrow L's list of likely suspects from tens of millions to only him and a few others, with little to no benefit for Light. I seriously doubt that even Yuka or Michiru would bungle the situation as badly because Light goes so far out of his way to incriminate himself. Light has to be practically the worst strategist on the planet.

Later on, he also makes nigh-impossible plans that rely on many other characters behaving in precisely the right way over long periods of time, which he has no way to reliably know. "Just as planned"? How could he have possibly planned it? Also, Light is only able to stop an informant because he happens to be in the right place at the right time to meet them. Light is more than a bit lucky. Light is astronomically lucky.

Yet Death Note portrays Light as a genius. No, he isn't a genius. He is absolutely terrible at making strategic decisions, so bad that any average person would fare far better with the titular magical notebook in their hand. Death Note wielders should realistically never be caught or even cornered. Light only manages to get in tough situations because he almost completely throws away his initial advantage.

I could go on for a full essay. L, the investigation team, etc. also make absurdly poor decisions many times.

And yes, many of the characters in Talentless Nana behave strangely, most notably believing in invisible mind-controlling aliens. That is because they were brainwashed to believe in them, as stated very early on. At least that is an explanation. Death Note barely even tries to explain the characters' poor decisions; we are simply supposed to believe that geniuses can make impossible predictions and that their obvious mistakes are actually genius too.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 3, 2020 11:10 AM
Dec 3, 2020 11:26 AM
Jun 2019
Nana is super smart! Wish that they could have done something about the plot armor though.

I though Michiru was hiding her trueself so she can trick Nana but no, it was an another guy.

So this guy can copy and use all of the talented abilities (If Nana kills him I will say it's because of plot armor; because he is so op! There is no way he can die easily)

Was really an interesting,amazing, and fun episode! Looking forward for more.
Dec 3, 2020 1:15 PM
Nov 2020
XselfesterX said:
Nana is super smart! Wish that they could have done something about the plot armor though.

Personaly, I felt plot armor only during 6,7 episodes rest was imo explained.
1st during the coffin scene I found rly odd that nobody wanted to know details about Tsunekichi's death. If Nana said that he was cursed by EoH and therefore he died of a sickness? Even though he was a loner and nobody rly knew about his physical health, I would be still curious if he would have some info about EoH.
2nd was in the shed when Nana was jumped by zombies and right after that sun rised which was honestly more Deus ex machina moment.
But still whatever man it's shounen. it's common for shounen to have plot armor and Deus ex machina moments.

Dec 3, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2014
Strykeryno said:
2nd was in the shed when Nana was jumped by zombies and right after that sun rised which was honestly more Deus ex machina moment.
The time of sunrise is easily predictable though. The real problem was if sunlight actually didn't stop the zombies or at least stop them fast enough.

Strykeryno said:
But still whatever man it's shounen. it's common for shounen to have plot armor and Deus ex machina moments.
It isn't only a shonen thing. People should realize that in the vast majority of action shows the protagonists would realistically be dead within a few episodes. How convenient that every sword, bullet, etc. happens to miss or only barely graze them.

People often make the mistake of confusing the aura of realism with actual realism, just like they mistake the aura of genius with actual genius, and the aura of philosophy with actual philosophy.

Death Note is an easy target, but how many people criticize e.g. Monster because Johan Liebert has impossible, practically magical powers of persuasion even though his arguments don't actually make sense or have much appeal? Most people don't because the narrative exudes an aura of realism. (The philosophy also isn't nearly as intelligent as many people think, but that is a separate issue.)

If people take a hard line against plot armor and want to be consistent about it, they will have to trash vast segments of their anime and manga lists.

But of course, generic battle shonen is the most obvious target of all. You are not wrong.
Dec 3, 2020 5:06 PM

Sep 2008
Finally, Nana needs to pay!
Dec 3, 2020 6:35 PM
Dec 2017
Strykeryno said:
charliechuckle said:

His point isn't that DN is stupid, he just says that Light relied heavily on precice predictions and near-impossible coincidences, while Nana relies on much simple plans and via her leader status manipulating the truth. The main point is that this show isn't supposed to be like Death note it has cat and mouse game elements yea, but it's not full cat and mouse game like DN. Once this show concludes you will know what I'am talking about.

Thanks for the quick reply,

That explanation gets old, and doesn't work when considering previous dead people; and he knows nothing about her. Revealing himself was the dumbest move ever. He would already be dead if not for the invulnerability powers. What if she figures out a way to kill invulnerable powered people? Well, he's fucked just like the previous dead people. He is stupid, because that is the obvious outcome (history repeating itself).

If he had any sense; then he would kidnap, and torture the girl. This would do two things. Reveal her power if she had any, or that she is the most well trained government agent ever. In a way, he is trying to solve a mystery in the worst way possible. By giving a mass murderer freedom. In reality, nobody would ever do this unless they were slightly insane. Lucky for Talent-less Nana, all the students have maxed out their stupid insane stats.
Dec 3, 2020 6:47 PM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
charliechuckle said:

"First few episodes" meaning how many? The first ten episodes or so already feature mind-boggling strategic incompetence. In a few "strategic" moves, Light manages to narrow L's list of likely suspects from tens of millions to only him and a few others, with little to no benefit for Light. I seriously doubt that even Yuka or Michiru would bungle the situation as badly because Light goes so far out of his way to incriminate himself. Light has to be practically the worst strategist on the planet.

Later on, he also makes nigh-impossible plans that rely on many other characters behaving in precisely the right way over long periods of time, which he has no way to reliably know. "Just as planned"? How could he have possibly planned it? Also, Light is only able to stop an informant because he happens to be in the right place at the right time to meet them. Light is more than a bit lucky. Light is astronomically lucky.

Yet Death Note portrays Light as a genius. No, he isn't a genius. He is absolutely terrible at making strategic decisions, so bad that any average person would fare far better with the titular magical notebook in their hand. Death Note wielders should realistically never be caught or even cornered. Light only manages to get in tough situations because he almost completely throws away his initial advantage.

I could go on for a full essay. L, the investigation team, etc. also make absurdly poor decisions many times.

And yes, many of the characters in Talentless Nana behave strangely, most notably believing in invisible mind-controlling aliens. That is because they were brainwashed to believe in them, as stated very early on. At least that is an explanation. Death Note barely even tries to explain the characters' poor decisions; we are simply supposed to believe that geniuses can make impossible predictions and that their obvious mistakes are actually genius too.

Well, Light is never portrayed as a genius in any way. He's more like a psychopath killer doing insane random things that justify his bent morality.

He did write in the book to make his victims do crazy things before dying. Are you talking about non-victims doing crazy unrealistic things? In that case, then it would match the stupid unrealistic actions of the students in Talent-less Nana.

In Talent-less Nana they had several opportunities to reveal the mass murderer. Physical evidence, pictures, or speaking to the dead for examples were stopped by the completely incompetent students. Do the non-victims of DN do the exact same thing to magically help Light get away from getting caught?
Dec 3, 2020 7:24 PM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Well, Light is never portrayed as a genius in any way. He's more like a psychopath killer doing insane random things that justify his bent morality.

He did write in the book to make his victims do crazy things before dying. Are you talking about non-victims doing crazy unrealistic things? In that case, then it would match the stupid unrealistic actions of the students in Talent-less Nana.

In Talent-less Nana they had several opportunities to reveal the mass murderer. Physical evidence, pictures, or speaking to the dead for examples were stopped by the completely incompetent students. Do the non-victims of DN do the exact same thing to magically help Light get away from getting caught?
Light is always portrayed as a genius, throughout the show. L often praises his intelligence, and other characters do the same. He is praised as the best student in all of Japan. L even uses Kira's "intelligence" in his psychological profiling. Light is allegedly carrying out detailed, well-crafted schemes, not "doing insane random things." Are you even watching the same show? That is the most absurd interpretation of Light Yagami's portrayal I have ever seen in my life.

Sure, many of the characters trust Light way too much despite the evidence against him, and let him access far too much information for no reason. Let's invite the prime suspect and tell him of our investigation, great move there. Or the informant who believed in Light's lies even though they could have tried to verify the facts first.

But the main point is that Light doesn't need their efforts to get caught because he does a fine job himself. He is pretty much the least competent strategist on the planet. If you are a criminal, you are not supposed to constantly feed free incriminating info to the detective for no reason! It shouldn't be that hard to grasp. Owning a Death Note is so advantageous that it should mean an instant win, and to almost anyone else it would.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if most of those "completely incompetent students" fared better than Light if they had his magic notebook. Why wouldn't they? Practically anyone would. Even inaction and continuing random killings of criminals would be better than the "genius" schemes Light comes up with. And when he gets into trouble, the plot comes to save him with convenient deus ex machinas despite astronomical odds. The whole plot of Death Note is extremely unrealistic and fueled by magical plot power.

...I still enjoyed many parts of Death Note, but the point is that the strategies make very little sense. Far less sense than what happens in Talentless Nana because this show at least provides some semi-plausible explanations.

charliechuckle said:

That explanation gets old, and doesn't work when considering previous dead people; and he knows nothing about her. Revealing himself was the dumbest move ever. He would already be dead if not for the invulnerability powers. What if she figures out a way to kill invulnerable powered people? Well, he's fucked just like the previous dead people. He is stupid, because that is the obvious outcome (history repeating itself).

If he had any sense; then he would kidnap, and torture the girl. This would do two things. Reveal her power if she had any, or that she is the most well trained government agent ever. In a way, he is trying to solve a mystery in the worst way possible. By giving a mass murderer freedom. In reality, nobody would ever do this unless they were slightly insane. Lucky for Talent-less Nana, all the students have maxed out their stupid insane stats.
Wait, so you suggest Kyoya to kidnap and torture Nana without solid evidence. He would have to be willing to murder her then because if she ever got out, it would make it incredibly easy for her to frame him for all the murders so far. "Look, this guy is obviously evil and guilty."

And more importantly, have you noticed that Kyoya isn't supposed to be a cold-blooded kidnapper and torturer? That is not his role in the narrative.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 3, 2020 7:32 PM
Dec 3, 2020 8:31 PM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
charliechuckle said:

Light is always portrayed as a genius, throughout the show. L often praises his intelligence, and other characters do the same. He is praised as the best student in all of Japan. L even uses Kira's "intelligence" in his psychological profiling. Light is allegedly carrying out detailed, well-crafted schemes, not "doing insane random things." Are you even watching the same show? That is the most absurd interpretation of Light Yagami's portrayal I have ever seen in my life.

Sure, many of the characters trust Light way too much despite the evidence against him, and let him access far too much information for no reason. Let's invite the prime suspect and tell him of our investigation, great move there. Or the informant who believed in Light's lies even though they could have tried to verify the facts first.

But the main point is that Light doesn't need their efforts to get caught because he does a fine job himself. He is pretty much the least competent strategist on the planet. If you are a criminal, you are not supposed to constantly feed free incriminating info to the detective for no reason! It shouldn't be that hard to grasp. Owning a Death Note is so advantageous that it should mean an instant win, and to almost anyone else it would.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if most of those "completely incompetent students" fared better than Light if they had his magic notebook. Why wouldn't they? Practically anyone would. Even inaction and continuing random killings of criminals would be better than the "genius" schemes Light comes up with. And when he gets into trouble, the plot comes to save him with convenient deus ex machinas despite astronomical odds. The whole plot of Death Note is extremely unrealistic and fueled by magical plot power.

...I still enjoyed many parts of Death Note, but the point is that the strategies make very little sense. Far less sense than what happens in Talentless Nana because this show at least provides some semi-plausible explanations.

charliechuckle said:

Wait, so you suggest Kyoya to kidnap and torture Nana without solid evidence. He would have to be willing to murder her then because if she ever got out, it would make it incredibly easy for her to frame him for all the murders so far. "Look, this guy is obviously evil and guilty."

And more importantly, have you noticed that Kyoya isn't supposed to be a cold-blooded kidnapper and torturer? That is not his role in the narrative.

Being the top of your high school class doesn't make you a genius. I was the top of my class and nobody cared. Being the smartest idiot doesn't make you a genius. Actions make the person, not the high school grades.

The cat was spying and saw all her murders; or he had enough evidence to be absolutely certain she was a murderer.

Things that support my case:

----- From episode 1 or 2, I predicted every single murder style, and I haven't been wrong yet.

Plot twist #1) Let me guess, the plot twist is that they knew she was lying all along. Everyone was faking stupidity. All the students are psychos and were wondering why she was pretending to ignore their murderous lust to kill her. This might be the best ending. I'd like to see an all out battle royal; but this is wishful thinking. I doubt the writer has to balls to reveal he was trolling the audience all along.

Plot twist #2) She betrays the government, everyone forgives her for mass murdering innocent children; because she helped take down the world government. Eventually, the universe comes to terms with mass murderers, child rapists, torturers, etc and makes new laws to give them a second chance. Right?
Dec 3, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Being the top of your high school class doesn't make you a genius. I was the top of my class and nobody cared. Being the smartest idiot doesn't make you a genius. Actions make the person, not the high school grades.
I am not the one implying that people good at school are geniuses, Death Note is. Your argument just criticizes that show further. What is your point?

charliechuckle said:
The cat was spying and saw all her murders; or he had enough evidence to be absolutely certain she was a murderer.
If you think the cat is motivated by exposing Nana, you have been paying zero attention.

charliechuckle said:

----- From episode 1 or 2, I predicted every single murder style, and I haven't been wrong yet.

The only one who did that was Tsunekichi, and that was because he had a strong empirical basis to trust his photos. (Still dumb for not anticipating fakes, to be fair.) On Yuka, it is partially correct, but if she had tried to reveal Nana, it would have lead to obvious problems.

What kind of mental gymnastics are you using to make that fit Habu and Kaori's deaths though? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There would be far more legit arguments to use against this show. You are wasting time with silly ones.

charliechuckle said:
Plot twist #2) She betrays the government, everyone forgives her for mass murdering innocent children; because she helped take down the world government. Eventually, the universe comes to terms with mass murderers, child rapists, torturers, etc and makes new laws to give them a second chance. Right?
What would that even have to do with strategic incompetence? Nothing, that's what. So if it was a generic hero winning with far greater plot armor, would you be fine with that? Your list is stacked with battle shonen and similar shows, so maybe that actually is the case. Talentless Nana 1/10, but Sword Art Online 10/10. Is that what the world has come to?

Also, good job skipping all the Death Note stuff. Why do I even bother typing any replies?
TheDeedsOfMenDec 3, 2020 10:34 PM
Dec 3, 2020 10:29 PM
Jan 2020
charliechuckle said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

This guy is totally opposite from Vegeta, he has confident because he already set up many schemes like Nana was(probably). And telling his powers basically is to know more about him, so you can work together with him very well
Dec 3, 2020 10:45 PM
Jan 2020
charliechuckle said:
Strykeryno said:

Do you think all of students are ignorant and stupid? How about we hold the possibilities that they already have suspected Nana and kept it until they got the solid proof and then expose her? If you think only Kyouya and Jin are the ones who smart, then you are surely mistaken

Also, do you pay attention that they had a deal? He wanted to expose those conspirators who sent Nana to island and then wanted Nana to tell her friends that government is suspicious. In return, he want to let Nana free "for a while" so she would agree the agreement. Tachibana Jin is not a stupid overconfident person, I believed it
Kur4y4m1Dec 3, 2020 10:52 PM
Dec 4, 2020 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! damn! the turning point of this show! Tachibana Jin might be on a whole different league level!
5/5!!!

Dec 4, 2020 3:29 AM

Oct 2020
The new character eventually arised.Tachibana Jin actually has appeared in the openning.He with eagle sharp eyes and a pair of glasses which reflect light made us know he's not a man who can be easily defeated.His supernatural power of copying others' look and abilities is really Invincible.Hope to see how Nana deal with this kind of situation.
[/url]
Dec 4, 2020 3:49 AM
Dec 2017
========================================

Kur4y4ml, thank you for the reply. I truly enjoyed reading your them.

Kur4y4m1 said:

This guy is totally opposite from Vegeta, he has confident because he already set up many schemes like Nana was(probably). And telling his powers basically is to know more about him, so you can work together with him very well

The dead person before him thought the exact same way.

Kur4y4m1 said:

Do you think all of students are ignorant and stupid?

Yes, stupid or psycho crazy irrational. Most of them at least. I suspect there are evil murderers that know she's lying about her powers; because she did not react to their murderous intent.

Kur4y4m1 said:

How about we hold the possibilities that they already have suspected Nana and kept it until they got the solid proof and then expose her? If you think only Kyouya and Jin are the ones who smart, then you are surely mistaken

Hiding evidence that could expose a mass murderer is borderline conspiracy. I would have at least put anonymous messages on the walls to warn the innocent people. At least I wouldn't feel bad for their deaths when they ignore the obvious warning signs.

Any person with common sense and the ability would have left the island a long time ago. If you cannot leave the island, then they should be taking measures to defend themselves from a potential murderer. Stock up on all the food and supplies, sleep in a defended area, but these are common sense. This show doesn't have any of that.

Who is Kyouya and Jin? Are both of those dudes invulnerable idiots (one's a cat)? I couldn't imagine being so stupid that you can't figure out she's lying about reading your mind. Sorry, they are all completely dumb; or they know she's lying.

Kur4y4m1 said:

Also, do you pay attention that they had a deal?

Common sense is to never trust a evil villainous liar. Do you know what happened to the bank robbers who "made a deal" with the Joker?

Kur4y4m1 said:

He wanted to expose those conspirators who sent Nana to island and then wanted Nana to tell her friends that government is suspicious. In return, he want to let Nana free "for a while" so she would agree the agreement. Tachibana Jin is not a stupid overconfident person, I believed it

That's nice. If we capture any ISIS terrorists, then we should let those mass murders go kill more children. At least we can figure out how their organization is connected.

NO! Common sense is to capture and interrogate the mass murderer terrorist. It's cute that you don't know what Government officials do to suspected mass murdering terrorists. Look up Guantanamo Bay for that answer.

The only reason you would let a mass murderer loose is because you are completely stupid, or psycho. I guess the cat is a complete psychopath just like the rest of the students.

Just because he has super powers that breaks the rules of reality, doesn't mean he is smart. It just means that he would need to be monumentally stupid to get killed or immobilized by a Talentless Nana. Just like the rest of the talented idiots.

Dec 4, 2020 3:51 AM
Dec 2017
===========================
===========================

TheDeedsOfMen, thank you for doing some basic amount of homework and detailed thought. You are clearly a cut above the rest. I always appreciate a good conversation that isn't pure nonsense.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

I am not the one implying that people good at school are geniuses, Death Note is. Your argument just criticizes that show further. What is your point?

Lets agree to disagree. People in movies saying a person is a genius does not make the person a genius. People have called me a genius in school too, but that doesn't make me a true genius. When a uneducated child calls you a genius (because you can beat Zelda Breath of the Wild easily which i can), it doesn't mean you are a true genius of strategy. In short, genius is a meaningless label when the actions of the person doesn't reflect it.

Deathnote, Light was an idiot the moment I saw him in episode 1 or 2 and that is why I haven't watched this stupid anime. In fact, he is one of the most dumbest protagonists I've ever seen. I would say he is even dumber than Sword Art Online main character.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

charliechuckle said:

If you think the cat is motivated by exposing Nana, you have been paying zero attention.

#1) The cat was spying. TRUE
#2) The cat saw evidence that she is a murderer. TRUE
#3) The cat is just as stupid and crazy as the other students. TRUE
A) The cat reveals his super powers and weaknesses to Nana
(just like I predicted)
B) The cat keeps Nana's secrete (just like I predicted)
C) The cat gains nothing by revealing A and B

I was not paying attention? What did I miss?

Are all the people on the island psycho mass murderers and they all know she's faking her mind reading abilities?

This is my major argument, every character in this show is completely stupid, insane, or a combination of both. If there is no rational thinking, then nothing needs to make sense. We can go all Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure and start having stand fights.

Let me guess, some dude has a "STAND SUPER POWER" just like Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure and kills Nana with it. Am I right? That would be a good plot twist!

TheDeedsOfMen said:

charliechuckle said:

The only one who did that was Tsunekichi, and that was because he had a strong empirical basis to trust his photos. (Still dumb for not anticipating fakes, to be fair.) On Yuka, it is partially correct, but if she had tried to reveal Nana, it would have lead to obvious problems.

What kind of mental gymnastics are you using to make that fit Habu and Kaori's deaths though? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There would be far more legit arguments to use against this show. You are wasting time with silly ones.

I made these impossible stupid predictions after Episode 2. You just confirmed that I was correct in predicting several of the murder scenarios, and you don't see this as a problem. Why?

I don't know the names of any of the characters in this show. Sure, other people died in different ways. They must not have been important enough to showcase in the typical cliché style. My prediction months ago was a joke. I just thought of the dumbest, stupid, most illogical, irrational and nonsense ways to die possible. They came true.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

charliechuckle said:

What would that even have to do with strategic incompetence? Nothing, that's what. So if it was a generic hero winning with far greater plot armor, would you be fine with that? Your list is stacked with battle shonen and similar shows, so maybe that actually is the case. Talentless Nana 1/10, but Sword Art Online 10/10. Is that what the world has come to?

Oh, you have a problem with my prediction of a plot twist? Does it hurt your feelings, because it comes true?

Strategic incompetence? Not sure what you mean here. It's more the opposite. Completely irrational characters to make Nana successful in every way possible.

Plot Armor? Do you mean how the entire universe is completely irrational in thought that she can get away with her non-sense plans? Are you admitting that I'm right?

Talentless Nana 1/10
Sword Art Online 10/10
-- Let me guess, you think everyone needs to think like you or they are stupid. You think people with different opinions or ideas should be harassed, exiled or worse.

If you think SAO characters act irrational, then at least give me an example. What season, and/or episode? I would agree with you. However, that rating is based on when I watched it. Not current modern times. You hate SAO, because it is popular. However, you are too ignorant or bigoted to understand why it is popular.

Dec 4, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Lets agree to disagree. People in movies saying a person is a genius does not make the person a genius. People have called me a genius in school too, but that doesn't make me a true genius. When a uneducated child calls you a genius (because you can beat Zelda Breath of the Wild easily which i can), it doesn't mean you are a true genius of strategy. In short, genius is a meaningless label when the actions of the person doesn't reflect it.
...But we didn't disagree on that. We can't agree to disagree when we don't disagree.

charliechuckle said:
Deathnote, Light was an idiot the moment I saw him in episode 1 or 2 and that is why I haven't watched this stupid anime. In fact, he is one of the most dumbest protagonists I've ever seen. I would say he is even dumber than Sword Art Online main character.
Yet you 10/10'd SAO anyway.

charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

(just like I predicted)

Tachibana is not primarily interested in saving the students. He gains more information about the conspiracy by letting Nana live for now and making a deal with her (or pretending to do so). Exposing her immediately wouldn't help at all; it would deny him of information and tip the conspiracy off more quickly.

charliechuckle said:

TheDeedsOfMen said:

I made these impossible stupid predictions after Episode 2. You just confirmed that I was correct in predicting several of the murder scenarios, and you don't see this as a problem. Why?
It isn't stupid not to expose Nana if they have legit reasons for it. It would often be harmful for them. That is the main problem.

The parts about going somewhere specifically to die, voluntarily explaining weaknesses, and leaving no clues or evidence are also false, either always or most of the time.

charliechuckle said:
I don't know the names of any of the characters in this show.
That is a red alert right there for not paying attention.

charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Oh, you have a problem with my prediction of a plot twist? Does it hurt your feelings, because it comes true?
Nah, that would be far more enjoyable than the usual anime plot developments. I'd take it in a second. Remember that it wouldn't necessarily mean that the narrative endorses murder, etc.

charliechuckle said:
Strategic incompetence? Not sure what you mean here. It's more the opposite. Completely irrational characters to make Nana successful in every way possible.
The irrationality is only relevant because it results in strategic incompetence.

charliechuckle said:
Plot Armor? Do you mean how the entire universe is completely irrational in thought that she can get away with her non-sense plans? Are you admitting that I'm right?
Sure there is some plot armor. Practically every piece of fiction has some. I don't think there is more than in most anime though. And nowhere near as much as in Death Note or some of the other examples I have mentioned.

The characters are irrational because they were brainwashed by the government to believe in irrational conspiracy theories. You know, the part about invisible aliens and so on. That was stated almost immediately.

charliechuckle said:
Talentless Nana 1/10
Sword Art Online 10/10
-- Let me guess, you think everyone needs to think like you or they are stupid. You think people with different opinions or ideas should be harassed, exiled or worse.
I mentioned SAO because I argue that it makes your complaints about plot armor internally inconsistent. Kirito is wearing tons of plot armor thanks to convenient power-ups, villains sabotaging their own plans, and most of the cast worshipping him. If you like SAO that much, you should be fine with a lot of plot armor.

charliechuckle said:
If you think SAO characters act irrational, then at least give me an example. What season, and/or episode? I would agree with you.
I am pretty sure that most characters worshipping Kirito to the extent that they do counts as irrational. The villains have no sensible motives, and they often go out of their way to sabotage their own plans.

Of course, it would be even easier to see the irrationality if the author wasn't trying to make everything so blatantly obvious. The obvious heroes are obvious, as are the obvious villains. If Kirito was a serial killer, would his harem and extended fanclub really figure it out? I am not so sure. They have absolute faith in him and worship the ground on which he walks. If there was any excuse, they would probably buy it.

charliechuckle said:
However, that rating is based on when I watched it. Not current modern times.
So the ratings are inaccurate, then.

charliechuckle said:
You hate SAO, because it is popular. However, you are too ignorant or bigoted to understand why it is popular.
Nah, it is not the popularity. There are several reasons why I dislike SAO, such as most characters worshipping the protagonist to an absurd degree (far more than Nana) or the protagonist winning with convenient, OP combat abilities without much effort.

The most relevant reason is that the author is afraid of taking any moral stance that is not completely obvious or standard. Kirito is in favor of generic good things and against generic bad things. No opinion on anything interesting, nuanced, or even remotely debatable. It is one of the simplest story templates available and has been re-told countless times in human history. The obvious good guy defeats the obvious bad guys with his combat abilities and wins the affection of many women.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 4, 2020 8:43 AM
Dec 4, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2019
The cool senpai is here. Sometimes, I think this show is so dumb. But, then I'm like, yeah it's fine.
Dec 4, 2020 10:35 AM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
charliechuckle said:

...But we didn't disagree on that. We can't agree to disagree when we don't disagree.

charliechuckle said:
Yet you 10/10'd SAO anyway.

charliechuckle said:

(just like I predicted)

Tachibana is not primarily interested in saving the students. He gains more information about the conspiracy by letting Nana live for now and making a deal with her (or pretending to do so). Exposing her immediately wouldn't help at all; it would deny him of information and tip the conspiracy off more quickly.

charliechuckle said:

It isn't stupid not to expose Nana if they have legit reasons for it. It would often be harmful for them. That is the main problem.

The parts about going somewhere specifically to die, voluntarily explaining weaknesses, and leaving no clues or evidence are also false, either always or most of the time.

charliechuckle said:
I don't know the names of any of the characters in this show.
That is a red alert right there for not paying attention.

charliechuckle said:

Nah, that would be far more enjoyable than the usual anime plot developments. I'd take it in a second. Remember that it wouldn't necessarily mean that the narrative endorses murder, etc.

charliechuckle said:
The irrationality is only relevant because it results in strategic incompetence.

charliechuckle said:
Sure there is some plot armor. Practically every piece of fiction has some. I don't think there is more than in most anime though. And nowhere near as much as in Death Note or some of the other examples I have mentioned.

The characters are irrational because they were brainwashed by the government to believe in irrational conspiracy theories. You know, the part about invisible aliens and so on. That was stated almost immediately.

charliechuckle said:
Talentless Nana 1/10
Sword Art Online 10/10
I mentioned SAO because I argue that it makes your complaints about plot armor internally inconsistent. Kirito is wearing tons of plot armor thanks to convenient power-ups, villains sabotaging their own plans, and most of the cast worshipping him. If you like SAO that much, you should be fine with a lot of plot armor.

charliechuckle said:
If you think SAO characters act irrational, then at least give me an example. What season, and/or episode? I would agree with you.
I am pretty sure that most characters worshipping Kirito to the extent that they do counts as irrational. The villains have no sensible motives, and they often go out of their way to sabotage their own plans.

Of course, it would be even easier to see the irrationality if the author wasn't trying to make everything so blatantly obvious. The obvious heroes are obvious, as are the obvious villains. If Kirito was a serial killer, would his harem and extended fanclub really figure it out? I am not so sure. They have absolute faith in him and worship the ground on which he walks. If there was any excuse, they would probably buy it.

charliechuckle said:
However, that rating is based on when I watched it. Not current modern times.
So the ratings are inaccurate, then.

charliechuckle said:
You hate SAO, because it is popular. However, you are too ignorant or bigoted to understand why it is popular.
Nah, it is not the popularity. There are several reasons why I dislike SAO, such as most characters worshipping the protagonist to an absurd degree (far more than Nana) or the protagonist winning with convenient, OP combat abilities without much effort.

The most relevant reason is that the author is afraid of taking any moral stance that is not completely obvious or standard. Kirito is in favor of generic good things and against generic bad things. No opinion on anything interesting, nuanced, or even remotely debatable. It is one of the simplest story templates available and has been re-told countless times in human history. The obvious good guy defeats the obvious bad guys with his combat abilities and wins the affection of many women.

#1) Tachibana (the cat guy, i assume) is a psychopath. This is what I've been saying the whole time. He is a psychopath, irrational and crazy. Correct?

#2) Every character that decides to not expose Nana has proven to be the irrational, or stupid. Most of them proven with empirical evidence (their deaths). No rational person is going to hide evidence of a mass murderer.

We'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this one. I think rational people expose evidence that might prove a serial killer; and you think rational people should hide evidence till it feels right.

#3) I don't know the names of most side characters of any shows because their names don't matter to me. I'm certain you don't either. If tested on the spot, then you would fail to name them too. In fact, I don't know anyone that could name all the side characters of a show. Especially if the names are not native to their language/dialect. This makes you sound disingenuous for calling it a "red alert" for not paying attention. Honestly, I don't need to pay attention when I have literally predicted every outcome months ago.

#4) You admit that every character is brainwashed by the government and therefor acts irrationally in favor of the protagonist. It's basically a loony bin. This is a huge problem for me.

We'll need to agree to disagree.

I think "everyone being brainwashed irrational" is a bad excuse to have in a mystery type story/plot. You believe the mystery story is more exciting when everyone is acting brainwashed crazy psycho.

#5) You talked way too much about SAO and completely missed the point. You are too ignorant to look up why it became so popular; and far too bigoted to try to understand why people love and/or hate it so much.

If you create a thread in SAO, reply here with a link to it, then I will explain to you why it's was entertaining for me to watch in the SAO forum. The reasons are far too complex to put in this forum. It has a lot more to do with the timing (the date it was released), then anything.

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYSNgHbbW8&ab_channel=Gigguk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfi6hUPJpe4&ab_channel=Gigguk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO1btdKvovI&ab_channel=JOHKERR
Dec 4, 2020 1:35 PM
Nov 2020
charliechuckle said:

#1) Tachibana (the cat guy, i assume) is a psychopath. This is what I've been saying the whole time. He is a psychopath, irrational and crazy. Correct?

#2) Every character that decides to not expose Nana has proven to be the irrational, or stupid. Most of them proven with empirical evidence (their deaths). No rational person is going to hide evidence of a mass murderer.

We'll just have to "agree to disagree" on this one. I think rational people expose evidence that might prove a serial killer; and you think rational people should hide evidence till it feels right.

#3) I don't know the names of most side characters of any shows because their names don't matter to me. I'm certain you don't either. If tested on the spot, then you would fail to name them too. In fact, I don't know anyone that could name all the side characters of a show. Especially if the names are not native to their language/dialect. This makes you sound disingenuous for calling it a "red alert" for not paying attention. Honestly, I don't need to pay attention when I have literally predicted every outcome months ago.

#4) You admit that every character is brainwashed by the government and therefor acts irrationally in favor of the protagonist. It's basically a loony bin. This is a huge problem for me.

I think "everyone being brainwashed irrational" is a bad excuse to have in a mystery type story/plot. You believe the mystery story is more exciting when everyone is acting brainwashed crazy psycho.

#5) You talked way too much about SAO and completely missed the point. You are too ignorant to look up why it became so popular; and far too bigoted to try to understand why people love and/or hate it so much.

If you create a thread in SAO, reply here with a link to it, then I will explain to you why it's was entertaining for me to watch in the SAO forum. The reasons are far too complex to put in this forum. It has a lot more to do with the timing (the date it was released), then anything.

Enjoy:

1) No, he's actually a nice guy, but he has his reasons why he isn't intefering with Nana murders and he has as well killed many of his classmated during battle royale 5 years ago

2) If somebody would want to expose Nana they would need a solid proof which only photo guy had one, but yea he was cocky asshole poisoned by his own power that tried to rape Nana and ultimetely met his demise, but honestly SAO had worse creeps that were insane just because author wrote them that way. In Necromancer's case Yukka was more like: Killer vs Killer, where Nana had better leverage to accuse her. Dead bodies means nothing as long there is no evidance pointing at someone.

3) That would explain why you're forgeting if not willingly ignoring important details

4)They grew up believing in lies and yea Nana uses that to her advantage I see no problem in that. It kinda reminds me of AoT plot but from Warrors prespective exept here we have here kids not millitary and they were also in Dark until they found Grisha's diary.

5) Ok judging by your 2nd reaction you're SAO fanboy ok, i have no problem with that like what you want. Personaly i relate to Deed's problems with SAO i think he made fair points.
While you're just calling bigoted ignorant who just doesn't understand SAO is just ridiculous BS making you just more arogant and ignorant if that would't be clear after reading all your posts so far. Popularity doesn't equal quality.

And honestly it's not so hard to describe why SAO got so popular. It's quite simple honestly.
1) Visuals and Audio are nice (that honestly the only thing i will give SAO even today, but this is not my main point)
2) Setting in Virtual MMORPG fantasy
3) The MC is lone wolf badass with black desing who is better than others because of reasons, getting all girls all special powers even though he is actualy a normal generic kid and at the very end saves his loved fiance.
Is there more?

These are the points which kids and weebs will find extremely reletable, because they want to escape to this perfect world where all their dreams will come true in the world they know from their fantasy stories or MMO (thats why Isekai got popular) even I found that relatable and actually liked SAO 10 years ago. Today it's Mediocre at best for me.
But if you liked it because other reasons I'am fine with that as well.

Dec 4, 2020 2:09 PM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
No rational person is going to hide evidence of a mass murderer.
He isn't a psychopath. It is more like he thinks primarily in the longer term than only saving the students for a short period of time. And his altruism isn't perfect by any means.

Having morally debatable or questionable motives doesn't make a person irrational. That is different. You keep throwing around the word "irrational" as a blanket check against anyone who isn't super-altruistic or who is at least willing to ignore immediate suffering in favor of greater good in the long term.

charliechuckle said:
The latter statement does not even logically follow from what I said. Rather, whether to expose people is not determined by rationality alone.

charliechuckle said:
#2) Every character that decides to not expose Nana has proven to be the irrational, or stupid. Most of them proven with empirical evidence (their deaths).
Dying isn't proof of irrationality. Not even always of stupidity, except in some cases. It depends on the details. Some of them may have been mentally ill, dumb, or irrational, but if so, their death is not what proves it.

charliechuckle said:
#3) I don't know the names of most side characters of any shows because their names don't matter to me. I'm certain you don't either. If tested on the spot, then you would fail to name them too.
This makes you sound disingenuous for calling it a "red alert" for not paying attention.
Well, that's a problem on your end. I can usually name a large number of characters. I can actually remember over a hundred characters from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu. Not a problem.

You are "certain" of what other people can or can't remember without a shred of evidence or basis. What a weird thing to say. It is so likely to be false, considering normal cognitive capabilities.

charliechuckle said:
In fact, I don't know anyone that could name all the side characters of a show.
Well, I don't know whom you know, but there aren't even that many characters in this one, for instance. There are shows with only a handful of characters. Come on.

charliechuckle said:
Especially if the names are not native to their language/dialect.
English isn't my first language. That never stopped me.

charliechuckle said:
Honestly, I don't need to pay attention when I have literally predicted every outcome months ago.
Yet when anyone points out inconsistencies with your predictions, you ignore those points. So you claim you have predicted literally everything when you luckily predict some things sometimes, which isn't exactly difficult to do.

And even if you had managed to predict some general things, paying attention would be pretty important for evaluating the narrative as a whole. So basically, if I can predict that Kirito beats up the bad guys with OP abilities over and over again and expands his harem and fanclub, is that by itself grounds for 1/10'ing Sword Art Online? I don't need to know anything else. That sounds ridiculous.

charliechuckle said:
#4) You admit that every character is brainwashed by the government and therefor acts irrationally in favor of the protagonist.
Not in favor of the protagonist intrinsically, but in practice, yes, because the protagonist happens to know the truth. And not absolutely every character, but many of them, yes.

charliechuckle said:
It's basically a loony bin. This is a huge problem for me.

I didn't say that they are all loonies or psychos. Entirely different than believing too much in propaganda.

And I don't believe that the brainwashing makes the story more exciting. It doesn't logically follow from what I said.

Anyway, you must have huge problems with large segments of dystopian and socially critical literature then. Heavy propaganda is often a part of the premise. Fine, I guess, if you dislike it for whatever reason.

charliechuckle said:

Enjoy:

I wasn't trying to argue about why SAO is empirically popular or why you like it. I argued about why I dislike it. The former is irrelevant to the latter. After all, you claimed that I dislike SAO because it is popular, so I answered with some actual reasons. Other people's reasons for liking or disliking it are irrelevant in that context. Furthermore, empirically knowing why something is popular does not by itself result in the person with the knowledge liking or disliking it. And I don't see any normative reason why the reasons for popularity should intrinsically be a factor in anyone's personal preferences.

The second point I was arguing is that your stances on plot armor and irrationality are inconsistent because you are only applying them selectively. Your enjoyment of the show does nothing to disprove that.

(I didn't bother to watch the videos, by the way.)

Here's the thing: You conflate completely different concepts and issues with each other and act as though they are the same things. And you also act as though you can logically infer statements that you can't. Try to keep a clearer picture about what we are talking about in each context. Though I am not sure if I feel like writing much more if it's going to be as logically messy as this.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 4, 2020 2:24 PM
Dec 4, 2020 2:23 PM

Mar 2017
Jin seems like he could turn this sinking ship around - but he probably won't because Kyoya seemed to be very intelligent at the start of the season and now he's just kinda... meh. Also, he'll definitely do some stupid af things cause plot armour.

I feel like I'm kinda done with this anime but I also feel like I should see it to the end since I've come so far.
Dec 4, 2020 2:39 PM
Nov 2020
katie_potaty said:
Jin seems like he could turn this sinking ship around - but he probably won't because Kyoya seemed to be very intelligent at the start of the season and now he's just kinda... meh. Also, he'll definitely do some stupid af things cause plot armour.

I feel like I'm kinda done with this anime but I also feel like I should see it to the end since I've come so far.

Yea finish it the plot will kinda deviate from this point.
Dec 4, 2020 2:42 PM

May 2014
Strykeryno said:
2) If somebody would want to expose Nana they would need a solid proof which only photo guy had one, but yea he was cocky asshole poisoned by his own power that tried to rape Nana and ultimetely met his demise,
There is an additional point to make. If Tsunekichi had exposed Nana, it would have made it very difficult for the photos to come true, and the photos had to come true because of fate and all that. Things played out as they did because the characters were who they were.

Now, if someone wants to go after those plot points because they dislike railroaded fate as a narrative device, that is fair game. I would probably agree.

Or if they think Tsunekichi isn't very interesting as a character, then that's fair too.
Dec 4, 2020 8:12 PM
Jan 2020
katie_potaty said:

Cooperate with Nana that doesn't mean he will help her to murder you know. Tachibana Jin is also trying to pry the true character of Nana that showed that Nana is actually kind to Michiru and the real cat that stuck in the ditch. Also, do you think Kyouya will stop doubting and accusing Nana? You are mistakenly wrong. And plot armor? What are you talking about? The plot armor that I see only when corpse thing and Tsunekichi dead, the rest of them are base on Nana's own intelligent or the characters just overconfident with their powers but has dull mind.
Kur4y4m1Dec 5, 2020 9:14 AM
Dec 5, 2020 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
MrZweihander said:
I don't think that Nana's plan would work, as far as I know, touchscreens react to the electricity in the nerves of the fingers, the zombie wouldn't be able to activate it.

Nani? Almost anything food-related works with the touch screen. Bananas, sausages, tomatoes, potatoes, zombies, dead kittens... Anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9JKszcCBQ
Dec 5, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2012
SemExpectativa said:
So Nana met with one of the students who was sent earlier, in this case the only one who survived and he is very strong since he can use the power of any talented person. But how can he not know Nana's power if he could become her? Considering that he turned into several classmates.

Because Nana doesn't have a talent? I guess that's one of Jin's limitations. If he could turn into her then he would just do that instead of asking about her "real talent" in the first place.
Dec 5, 2020 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
SparkleDuck said:
LOL... Just like in the manga, the "put the phone in the exact spot so that a text would send at a certain time of the day based on how the sun works" concept is as laughable as you can get. The show forces any nonsensical idea it can just to let Nana kill for a little longer. Glad it eventually stops being this stupid, but man the first half of the series (so far, in accordance with the manga) is so bad.

If it looks stupid but works it's not stupid (c)
I don't understand the problem with the physical handmade timer. There's a lot of stories where a burning candle or a cube of melting ice is figured. It's just kinda hard to find such things in the woods. Though she could've used the ice from the lake if it still hasn't melted.
Dec 5, 2020 8:10 AM

Mar 2020
A-Joy said:

Because Nana doesn't have a talent? I guess that's one of Jin's limitations. If he could turn into her then he would just do that instead of asking about her "real talent" in the first place.

It makes sense, maybe he just didn't meet the requirements to be able to become Nana or he already knows that she has no talent and just wanted to confirm.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 5, 2020 7:36 PM
Dec 2017
=================================
=================================

Strykeryno said:

1) No, he's actually a nice guy, but he has his reasons why he isn't intefering with Nana murders and he has as well killed many of his classmated during battle royale 5 years ago

--That's your opinion. You think he's nice because he is trying to save mass murderer Nana, but he will cause more innocent casualties this way. I predict it will happen and it shall come true. Do you doubt me? I think he's a terrible person, because he isn't helping the clearly "good" guys.

He hates the government, but will do absolutely nothing (nothing that a common sense person would do). He has the powers to reveal the evil doings of the government to the citizens; but I guarantee you, HE WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I'm betting he seems so completely evil that the totally evil government is going to try and eventually successfully recruit him. If they haven't done it already.

Strykeryno said:

2) If somebody would want to expose Nana they would need a solid proof which only photo guy had one, but yea he was cocky asshole poisoned by his own power that tried to rape Nana and ultimetely met his demise, but honestly SAO had worse creeps that were insane just because author wrote them that way. In Necromancer's case Yukka was more like: Killer vs Killer, where Nana had better leverage to accuse her. Dead bodies means nothing as long there is no evidance pointing at someone.

You just admitted that this show uses stupid logic. Thanks for agreeing. Trying to say X show is worse is just redirecting. Please, admit the truth for once! Stop being delusional like Nana the crazy mass murderer. Where did the government touch you? Show us on the doll.

Strykeryno said:

3) That would explain why you're forgeting if not willingly ignoring important details

Why does everyone make claims without evidence to back it up? I can't find a single person IRL that literally pays attention more than me. We here are the elite 1%. I'm sorry, but you are expecting too much out of the average viewer.

What did I forget about? That is important?
Nanao (anti-talent power) was a good guy, corpse never found, possibly saved or living some how.

Kyouya (invulnerable) unbelievably smart and stupid at the same time. He is too important to die. (I hate this guy the most and wish he would get trapped in a cement block for life)

Michiru (healer) unlimited ignorance or she knows the truth. Destroys evidence of mass murderer, and causes the deaths of many others. Passively Evil, but portrayed as a good guy. She will die before revealing any evidence, guaranteed. Hopefully a horrible death, but I doubt it. It's either that or she will be fake deathed by Jin to be revealed at a later time for plot reasons. Having her alive in the story causes too many problems that a lazy writer would bother dealing with..

Jin (plot power) has the power to break the rules of even the anime's rules. He will never die, even if he dies. He is also a psychopath. He is either totally stupid or is pretending to believe Talent-less Nana has powers.

Tsunekichi (see's future) attempted rapist, bad guy, definitely dead; followed my episode 2 prediction of how to die perfectly.

Fuuko (??) not important enough to care about. Most likely a psychopath and a completely idiot. Will most likely do something insanely stupid like OJ Simpson; if OJ was innocent.

Yuuka (necro) crazy, psychotic. sorta bad guy, definitely dead; followed my episode 2 prediction of how to die perfectly.

Kirara (poison) innocent person killed by Nana, definitely dead. Using a dead body to send a message is complete nonsense, you can't even prove this works with a living body because any normal phone would screen saver and close the text program. In addition, you'd need to be more precise with pressing buttons than a melting corpse... We'll just suspend our belief over this one, and let it pass.

Youhei (Time Traveler) impossibly stupid, tricked into traveling back in time to his death. Another innocent good person killed by Nana

Kaori (Teleport) innocent student poisoned by Nana

Moguo (Fire) "Most useful tool of the century" award winner, will be left alone by Nana; because he is the most suspicious to stupid people. He is ugly, and a douche. That's 90% of the evidence stupid people need to convict hm of being guilty of anything really. He is also the easiest to manipulate.

Seiya (Ice) Runner up for the "Most useful tool of the century award".

Strykeryno said:

4)They grew up believing in lies and yea Nana uses that to her advantage I see no problem in that. It kinda reminds me of AoT plot but from Warrors prespective exept here we have here kids not millitary and they were also in Dark until they found Grisha's diary.

Pick one:
A) They are all government brain-washed psychopaths with no common sense that act irrationally
B) They are all government brain-washed psychopaths with no common sense that act rationally for a crazy person.

- - Please, do not compare this anime to AoT. Apples vs oranges.
EDIT: Attack on Titen is tied for #1 MAL ranking of all time. This basically proves that your taste is complete trash, LOL

Strykeryno said:

5) Ok judging by your 2nd reaction you're SAO fanboy ok, i have no problem with that like what you want. Personaly i relate to Deed's problems with SAO i think he made fair points.
While you're just calling bigoted ignorant who just doesn't understand SAO is just ridiculous BS making you just more arogant and ignorant if that would't be clear after reading all your posts so far. Popularity doesn't equal quality.

And honestly it's not so hard to describe why SAO got so popular. It's quite simple honestly.
1) Visuals and Audio are nice (that honestly the only thing i will give SAO even today, but this is not my main point)
2) Setting in Virtual MMORPG fantasy
3) The MC is lone wolf badass with black desing who is better than others because of reasons, getting all girls all special powers even though he is actualy a normal generic kid and at the very end saves his loved fiance.
Is there more?

These are the points which kids and weebs will find extremely reletable, because they want to escape to this perfect world where all their dreams will come true in the world they know from their fantasy stories or MMO (thats why Isekai got popular) even I found that relatable and actually liked SAO 10 years ago. Today it's Mediocre at best for me.
But if you liked it because other reasons I'am fine with that as well.

You are clearly ignorant by ignoring my plea to take this (unrelated topic) to another forum. You are also bigoted because you refuse to accept another person's ideas or ideologies unless they totally agree with you.
charliechuckleDec 6, 2020 9:53 AM
Dec 5, 2020 7:48 PM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Strykeryno said:
2) If somebody would want to expose Nana they would need a solid proof which only photo guy had one, but yea he was cocky asshole poisoned by his own power that tried to rape Nana and ultimetely met his demise,
There is an additional point to make. If Tsunekichi had exposed Nana, it would have made it very difficult for the photos to come true, and the photos had to come true because of fate and all that. Things played out as they did because the characters were who they were.

Now, if someone wants to go after those plot points because they dislike railroaded fate as a narrative device, that is fair game. I would probably agree.

Or if they think Tsunekichi isn't very interesting as a character, then that's fair too.

If Tsunekichi exposed Nana, it would not have made a difference. The predicted future would have still happened.

I put myself in his shoes. What would I do? First, I would reveal to the class or a different student that I trust. Second, I would never let my murderer (or anyone) tamper with my camera while I sleep. Third, I would have the common sense to know the photo doesn't absolutely prove someone died. Finally, I would stage a fake death of myself to make my future come true; while simultaneously living through it. The irony, he was so monumentally stupid to believe the fake photo, which boggles my mind.

However, Michiru destroying the photo of her murdering people is exponentially dumber than Tsunekichi. In fact, I bet her exponentially unstoppable stupid will result in the death of more people. It's that or she will actively help make Nana innocent, possibly even sacrificing her life for Nana. That's what exponentially stupid people do in a story/plot like this.
Dec 5, 2020 10:56 PM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

If Tsunekichi exposed Nana, it would not have made a difference. The predicted future would have still happened.
It was established that the predictions made by the photos take into consideration how the characters react to those photos. The fake photo was what convinced Tsunekichi to show up at the murder scene in the first place. He was refusing to go anywhere near it prior to that.

The rest of it I have addressed already, some of it several times.
Dec 6, 2020 1:08 AM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
charliechuckle said:

It was established that the predictions made by the photos take into consideration how the characters react to those photos. The fake photo was what convinced Tsunekichi to show up at the murder scene in the first place. He was refusing to go anywhere near it prior to that.

The rest of it I have addressed already, some of it several times.

No, i disagree.

I said, "The photos had a 100% chance of happening. Even if he avoided it, it would happen."
-- I believe that without the fake photo, the predicted future would still happen.

You said, "If he avoided the room, the future wouldn't come true."
-- You believe the fake photo is what made the prediction come true.

I disagree. It was well established that his future would have happened even if you do everything possible to avoid them. We should at least "agree to disagree" on this one.

Also, he was monumentally stupid beyond belief. Who let's their guard down to a confirmed murderer. He didn't test her "talent". He goes to sleep next to the murderer. This gives the murderer a chance to make the photo come true. She could have poisoned him with anesthesia to induce a coma sleep. Then made the picture come true. The only reason her improbable "trick" worked is because she had plot armor. Nana's plan was more luck, and less genius.

-- You obviously don't care; but we should talk about this on discord, zoom or something. I'm interested in why you cannot see your own delusion.

^^ I predicted the future again >< I guess...
charliechuckleDec 6, 2020 6:12 AM
Dec 6, 2020 2:44 AM
Dec 6, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
-- You obviously don't care; but we should talk about this on discord, zoom or something. I'm interested in why you cannot see your own delusion. It's like the government murdered your parents and you are brainwashed preventing you from seeing the other side of the story.
I am not interested in speaking further to a person who casually drops lines like that.
Dec 6, 2020 6:14 AM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:

If it's a spoiler, then at least mark it as a spoiler. I thought it was pretty obvious from the start, but upon researching the WIKI. It is also marked as a spoiler on the WIKI too. To be fair, many others have already said multiple times that the government brainwashed the students on this thread already...

You could also say that my future predictions coming true are spoilers too. *Shrug* That is why I wanted to take this conversation out of this thread.
charliechuckleDec 6, 2020 6:18 AM
Dec 6, 2020 6:35 AM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

If it's a spoiler, then at least mark it as a spoiler. I thought it was pretty obvious from the start, but upon researching the WIKI. It is also marked as a spoiler on the WIKI too. To be fair, many others have already said multiple times that the government brainwashed the students on this thread already...

You could also say that my future predictions coming true are spoilers too. *Shrug* That is why I wanted to take this conversation out of this thread.
...What?

I was saying that you keep harassing people in this thread in aggressive, weird, and threatening ways, and I am not interested in conversations like that. I thought I was clear enough, but I guess not.
Dec 6, 2020 7:00 AM
Nov 2020
Chee_B said:

"I read 2 chapters of manga and destroyed it with facts and logic?"
You posted that article unironically? Haha...

Yea :D Judge whole world building in 1 short exposicion in not even 2 manga chapters :DDDD not mentioning these ''Worldbuilding holes'' has been already explained. But dude srsly that article is a joke with points like that you do not expect me to take this srsly. At least he has proven me that modern URINALISTS have truly no value nowadays.
Dec 6, 2020 7:17 AM
Dec 2017
TheDeedsOfMen said:
charliechuckle said:

...What?

I was saying that you keep harassing people in this thread in aggressive, weird, and threatening ways, and I am not interested in conversations like that. I thought I was clear enough, but I guess not.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Are you claiming that I hurt your feelings?

Can you first apologize for hurting my feelings, and then I might think you are sincere about this claim.
Dec 6, 2020 7:20 AM
Dec 2017
Strykeryno said:
Chee_B said:

"I read 2 chapters of manga and destroyed it with facts and logic?"
You posted that article unironically? Haha...

Yea :D Judge whole world building in 1 short exposicion in not even 2 manga chapters :DDDD not mentioning these ''Worldbuilding holes'' has been already explained. But dude srsly that article is a joke with points like that you do not expect me to take this srsly. At least he has proven me that modern URINALISTS have truly no value nowadays.

Um.. I'm kinda not sure if you realized that I literally predicted everything that happens in this anime after watching two episodes. People are already accusing me of spoilers.

Here's my thinking process.
Step 1) Think of the most dumbest, illogical, irrational things that can happen and most entertaining like Joe Joe's Bizarre Adventure.
Step 2) Wait for some asshole to report it for spoilers.
Step 3) Revel in your genius abilities to predict the future.
Dec 6, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2014
charliechuckle said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:
...What?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Are you claiming that I hurt your feelings?

Can you first apologize for hurting my feelings, and then I might think you are sincere about this claim.
Feelings? I don't want people throwing death threats in my direction.

And people shouldn't take your aggressive personal insults either. If this is how you talk to people, I think you need professional help. I am not even being hyperbolic here.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.