Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2020 4:49 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah this is god-tier animation! I'm blown away by how realistic the characters look and it helps that it's a cultivation-based story too! Definitely picking FRXXC up.
Jul 26, 2020 7:54 AM
Feb 2018
I just finished the first three episodes. It's quite nice to look at, I admit. The facial expressions are a bit of a hit or miss for me, and during action scenes I feel like the camera moves a tad too much, but the rest is more than fine.

I wonder if there is anyone (planning on) subbing it in english... I don't understand a lick of chinese, so it's not easy to follow what's going on. ^^'
Aug 11, 2020 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Whoah, that's probably the best chinese CGI I've ever seen, sometimes it looked like a drama with some CGI additions because of the detailed environment, I hope the plot turns out to be as good. I love how smooth and natural the character movements are and this level of facial animation in a donghua is something to be amazed of.
removed-userAug 21, 2020 12:14 PM
Aug 19, 2020 11:39 PM
Jan 2016
I agree with you. I really like the facial animation looking more realistic. Gives the characters a bit more depth to their emotions. The background and location design feels organic. Chinese animation is still growing up, check out Fog Hill of Five Elements.
Dec 3, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Gorgeous CGI and I really like the faces and landscapes etc. Beautiful!

What kind of assholes throw stones and kick them off the rope, wow...
Mar 16, 2021 4:19 PM
Oct 2019
wasn't a great first episode but it was ok. there's potential here

and i agree about those other examinees sabotaging their peers. there was literally no need to do that. there was no limit on the number of people who could pass the exam. the only purpose for them to do that is because "they can", hence the reason the one examiner said to himself "this is your first lesson". but one would think if you're going to be in a sect together, you'd want members who can work as a team, and are dependable, not who will betray each other

also, did none of the other men who were blocked by the stones attempt to climb up between the two ledges and follow them? only those 2 made it?
Oct 29, 2021 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
That was a delight to watch from an animation standpoint, wow, i was not expecting and it blew me away.

Now, the story is just starting, usual entry test, that pretty nice, I'm enjoying the dynamics already.

Definitely excited to keep watching even if the story ends up a bit disappointing
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 12, 1:45 PM

Dec 2018
I didn't like the beginning, but the sect training was great. I wish they had started with that.
Mar 16, 1:01 PM

May 2021
The soundtrack is so peak
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Episode 3 Discussion

chhgn - Jul 25, 2020

4 by zsechs »»
Jun 1, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Episode 2 Discussion

chhgn - Jul 25, 2020

3 by -miraii »»
Oct 29, 2021 4:20 PM

Poll: » Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Episode 15 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Mar 17, 2021

1 by Saurna »»
Sep 28, 2021 10:48 PM

Poll: » Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Episode 10 Discussion

Xealias - Oct 11, 2020

5 by sorsharka »»
May 9, 2021 9:38 PM

Poll: » Fanren Xiu Xian Chuan Episode 9 Discussion

Xealias - Oct 11, 2020

3 by anime-prime »»
May 9, 2021 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.