Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 14, 2020 6:32 PM
May 2018
For anyone that's read the manga, is there any reason why Somali's eye color constantly changes from amber to green? From what I know, there isn't much manga beyond what the anime has adapted, so it's probably just a small error the animators made while making the show, but I figured I'd ask about it anyway just in case there is some plot related reason why.
Apr 14, 2020 11:00 PM
Jan 2016
It's most likely that her eye color is Hazel. If you've ever looked at a person with such eyes, you'll notice depending on the environment and lighting it may seem to be a different color.
Apr 15, 2020 5:39 AM
May 2018
paradox2k said:
It's most likely that her eye color is Hazel. If you've ever looked at a person with such eyes, you'll notice depending on the environment and lighting it may seem to be a different color.

My eyes are hazel and have never differed that greatly. I assume they just messed up a bit.
Apr 16, 2020 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
MrRyzGuy said:
paradox2k said:

My eyes are hazel and have never differed that greatly. I assume they just messed up a bit.
I find it funny how you say that with so much confidence. Do you carry a mirror and check what your eyes look like in different environments?

My guess is that it is what @paradox2k said, it just changes with environment. Bright yellowish during the bright environments and greenish/blueish during dark and night environments. I highly doubt this is a mistake since animators have a standard color pallet they use when coloring in frames.
Apr 16, 2020 9:06 PM
May 2018
akihikosama said:
MrRyzGuy said:

I find it funny how you say that with so much confidence. Do you carry a mirror and check what your eyes look like in different environments?

My guess is that it is what @paradox2k said, it just changes with environment. Bright yellowish during the bright environments and greenish/blueish during dark and night environments. I highly doubt this is a mistake since animators have a standard color pallet they use when coloring in frames.

That's not really what I meant. Usually hazel eyes will lean one way or the other, they don't really change too drastically most of the time. I don't get why you have to be so rude about it, it's not like I'm claiming to be the authority on hazel eyes, I'm just sharing my experience. To me the colors in the show varied too much to believe it was just simple lighting change, but I don't know one way or the other.
Apr 16, 2020 9:09 PM

Oct 2008
MrRyzGuy said:
akihikosama said:

That's not really what I meant. Usually hazel eyes will lean one way or the other, they don't really change too drastically most of the time. I don't get why you have to be so rude about it, it's not like I'm claiming to be the authority on hazel eyes, I'm just sharing my experience. To me the colors in the show varied too much to believe it was just simple lighting change, but I don't know one way or the other.
Haha, sorry didn't mean to come off rude, I just found it funny the way you said it since normally you can't really see your own eyes.
Apr 16, 2020 9:11 PM
May 2018
akihikosama said:
MrRyzGuy said:

Haha, sorry didn't mean to come off rude, I just found it funny the way you said it since normally you can't really see your own eyes.

Ah alright, sorry if I jumped the gun on that, it's hard to tell intentions through text.
Jul 8, 2020 5:17 AM

Oct 2008
I think her eyes resemble the eyes of the girls from "Claymore". No idea why Somali has such eyes though. However they look beastly and cool, not really fitting her personality.
Jan 18, 2021 1:23 PM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
A sample size of one is not much (MrRyzGuy). I know plenty people with hazel colored eyes and it depends on the person. But it is a common thing that happens to many people with hazel eyes. Same with people bordering between green and blue. Depending on what you wear it can look more prominently green or blue. So they don't actually "change" colors, it's just a perception thing.
MALGRAPH____

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

114 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.