Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2020 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love how daring Minare is in this show. Never afraid to speak her mind.

That kidnapping scene though..holy shit. It's interesting how they managed to balance out the light comedy with the darker elements just based on narrative storytelling. Looks like Minare is also pouring a lot of effort into her new work.
May 1, 2020 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
That was incredibly entertaining! I do wish we could have gotten the full 20 minutes of Minare's program, though that probably wouldn't work with the time given to the episode.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 1, 2020 12:09 PM

Feb 2019
This show continues to be one of my faves of the season and to impress. It’s got relatable and mature characters with real life issues. The older you get, the more you appreciate shows like this.

Ah, I’m glad that the new girl from last week isn’t the subject of this radio story and that it’s fake. I was thinking that the reason she was acting all sketchy and sleeping in the station was because she was involved in that story.

“You’d be more attractive if you just stood there in silence” damn Mato-san not pulling any punches 😂

Minare’s a natural at this radio drama thing. Her seiyuu put in a masterclass during that act, jeez

Great episode as usual. Really fun throughout. I’ll probably have to pick up the manga since I’m enjoying this so much. Once a week isn’t enough of this series🔥
May 1, 2020 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Boring episode again, I don't think it's gonna be interesting later
May 1, 2020 12:32 PM

Mar 2019
Its still boring, cant help it
May 1, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
I could listen to her speak on the radio for hours ngl.
May 1, 2020 12:44 PM
Sep 2015
Took 5 episodes for Minare to start appreciating Mato, he's very hot in his own age! His character scream "I'm a mature man with many 'life experience'" but I still wish he's always single (or better, virgin!).

And this is probably the strangest way to pay homage to War of the Worlds yet.
May 1, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
Dude almost got murdered lol, the radio show saved him.
May 1, 2020 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the "punchline" at the end. Who knew a gruesome tale of murder with alien invasions could be so romantic?

The young dudes in the show are all questionable. Wonder if there'll be a clear love interest.
May 1, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2019
May 1, 2020 1:25 PM

Apr 2012
big chaotic energy
May 1, 2020 1:47 PM
Sep 2017
Why lota people say this show is boring? It's quite entertaining especially this episode, cant stop laughing with how Minare can speak whatever she want to.
May 1, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Imagine getting waked up by a turtle shitting in your mouth. Almost as crazy as saving a life with your broadcast. Lol, at first I thought the attempted murder scenario was an illustration of the program, but coincidences like that happen. If only Koda knew xD At least she got recognition from some lads.

Episode also had some nice moments between her and Mato. The latter thoughful words of appreciation after her doing one hell of a job were sweet. Some probably saw that as an invitation for shipping. Be my guests. Tho, first I need Koda to turn her urge to make love with Mizuho into action.

Miyeng said:
Why lota people say this show is boring? It's quite entertaining especially this episode, cant stop laughing with how Minare can speak whatever she want to.

Me too, would even go as far and say that this is the most enjoyable show of the season for me. It's extremely consistent to boot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2020 2:22 PM

Dec 2016
Miyeng said:

I know right! :D I havent had any good shows recently so this one is like a diamond in the rough.

At my country its 11 pm rn and when the turtle sh*t in her mouth .. Probably every neighbour within 1 km is fully awake now xD

Next to the first episode this one was probably my most favourite! It has this high scene change pattern I normally only know from Studio Shaft production, the cast seems so real with real world problems and the graphic is simply enjoyable, yet the whole anime concentrates it self on the language spoken instead of flashy animations

I sincerely love it .. out of my over 200 animes watched (I know its not a number for many on the forum) this has the potential to develop into one of the few 10's
If you are sad, stop being sad and watch anime instead

May 1, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
FMmatron said:
Imagine getting waked up by a turtle shitting in your mouth. Almost as crazy as saving a life with your broadcast. .

Seriously the turtle scene had me killing :D

May 1, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2019
Wtf was that part about the woman with the knife and the dude? Was it real? Was it fiction? Tf is going on? At first I thought it was the radio show's visual representation (like the one in ep 1) but then she was actually listening to the radio...

This anime is great. And the ending song is beautiful.

And lololol the turtle shat in her mouth
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 1, 2020 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
Thorckan said:

Ah here I am, skipping through your animelist and thinking: " hey he likes sorta the same animes i like!" and then you find this show not hilarious ^^

Welp, how do romans say? De gustibus non est disputandum ^^

If you dont like it, drop it. Thats sorta my motto.

May 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Feb 2017
Another great episode!
Also a really good first program for minare, that was really fun.
BTW, we need more minare x mizuho moments
May 1, 2020 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
The people who say this is boring have short attention span. The details in the dialogue and reactions in this anime can be amusing for days.
May 1, 2020 3:37 PM
Jul 2013
mstmaverick said:
Thorckan said:

Welp, how do romans say? De gustibus non est disputandum ^^

I find that saying used by people, who don't have enough reason to defend their choices. What's the whole reason this forum exists?

Man, this episode has flown by just like previous one, although no drinking this time.
Minare not holding back on Mato, but the way she probed Nakahara was quite roundabout.

I like the ED, it's growing on me. It doesn't really sound 2020, more like 90s, or is it just me?
May 1, 2020 4:04 PM

Jul 2017
Another nice episode. So far after 5 episodes, still slightly prefer the manga despite all the energy the anime brings to the table but regardless, this show has just been breezing by with quality.

Only issue with this episode? The art. I felt like some of the frames looked a bit janky and inconsistent and overall, felt cheaper than its previous episodes.

Still, doesn't ruin the episode much for me. Solid stuff.
May 1, 2020 5:19 PM
Oct 2019
This, along with episode 1, are the best episodes yet! I really don’t get the 6.95 rating. That murder scene had me laughing.
May 1, 2020 5:47 PM

Sep 2017
Love it so much. Prob my favorite episode thus far. Chaotic, dramatic, suspenseful, and heartfelt.
May 1, 2020 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
the coincidental hilaruty when she was telling a stabbing someone named Mitsuo story while an actual attempted stabbing of a Mitsuo is happening and is listening lol

screamed in terror when she sleep-ate turtle shit
May 1, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 2017
I just wanna know about the kidnapping/murder, but this show feels so good in anime form that I can't bring myself to read the manga.
May 1, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2012
The murderer ran out and got hit by a car lol. I can listen to Minare's stories all day! This series is so underrated! It's one of my favorites of this season!
May 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Mar 2016
Bruuuuuuh.

Did she just get turtle turd in her mouth?!?! Lmfao that’s not a way to start your morning xD
May 1, 2020 10:13 PM

May 2015
Every time the ending song is starting it makes my skin pleasantly tingle on my back. I have wanted to listen to the full song so much for weeks and voila after watching this episode I find that it has been uploaded at last.

IshitatesoMay 1, 2020 11:51 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 1, 2020 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
Riho Sugiyama is KILLING this role as Minare! Holy crap it's so good. All the VA work so far in this anime is amazing.

Minare puffing up her chest when she asked Matou about her was kinda hot.

Man this anime just gets better by the week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 1, 2020 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
Minare's show finally started and lol she already saved a guy's life with it. Also lmao did that turtle seriously shit in her mouth.
May 1, 2020 11:49 PM

Jun 2013
Don't understand why people are watching this show if it's so boring. I think all they care about is adding more Anime to their list and just so they could say they watched it. I don't watch a series if I don't want to or I'm not ready for it. I mean what's the point? You don't win extra points in life for wasting time on a series you deem boring.

Review of the episode:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. To be honest, the series didn't capture me from the first episode. I have a three to four episode rule before I drop something and fortunately, the second episode is where the show captured my interest. The last three episodes were the best so far.

I guess the Micchan that was almost murdered is Minare's ex-boyfriend. He's lucky, his ex-girlfriend freaked out his psychotic girlfriend enough to run out and get hit by a car. Saved his life, indirectly. I love it whenever Minare says she wants to make love to Nanba, I just find it hilarious for some reason.
臭い-
May 2, 2020 12:26 AM

Oct 2018
Miyeng said:

Dunno, apparently some ppl need their lolis or JKs to keep them interested lol. This show is all about the performance of the seiyuu and her character, the story is secondary IMO. She's so intense and powerful, but she's a mess at the same time, pure chaos... She's so real! Such a great character.

Dear lord that turtle... I actually screamed and cringed so hard on my seat; I've had turtles, I know what their little crap looks and smells like, I've seen my dogs eating it! Having it dropped in your mouth while sleeping must be one of the nastiest experiences on this world.
May 2, 2020 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
I totally loved the episode. Lot of energy and excentricity, laughed a lot. Minare's seiyuu does an impressive performance, listening to her is really fun. And the sudden part with the aliens xD

Miyeng said:

The two people who thought the episode was boring are under 20 years old, maybe that's the reason. You can like it even being under 20 of course, but this series was obviously made for an older target audience.

May 2, 2020 2:02 AM

Jul 2016
Man, that cold opening scene was hilarious. Props to whoever directed that.

The way it blends fantasy and reality to the point where you can't tell which is some amazing work and which I'm choosing to believe was the idea behind the attempted murder scene. If I had to guess how this show is going to move from this point on, each radio broadcast is going to get continuously more surreal with murder scenes and shit before snapping us back to reality once it's over. If I end up being right, then this is definitely going to end up as one of my favourite shows of the year, already.

Also, the other day there was a forum asking who's your seasonal waifu, and I said it was a draw between Minare and Haru from Sing "Yesterday" For Me, and you know what? I take it back. Minare all the way, motherfuckers. She's hot, and I like her personality just a bit more.
May 2, 2020 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
With this episode, Minare starts her official debut on radio!

As is with her ruses of the past intercepting the radio on that one time, she delivers her witty and savory "unplugged" performance, so much it carries this episode for me, SIMPLY BRAVO to Minare's VA for carrying the spirit of this show.

And Mizuho's turtle pooping in Minare's mouth, HAHA WOW that was some HOLY SHIT!

As much as the radio station's ruse with Minare's segment is kept under wraps (that has people scrambling and talking online to spread the information), her passion for radio simply cannot be stopped.

Solid, yet excellent episode. NOW this is what this show is all about.
KANLen09May 2, 2020 3:12 AM
May 2, 2020 5:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode! This is getting better the episode.

Minare's acting there striking a chord with a random person in crime was a nice touch imo, lol. Way to go though, she literally just saved a person. Hopefully, the lady there didn't pass away in the process though. Story took some wild turn with the involvement of aliens lol, kind of felt like a troll.

It's amazing that someone in the past managed to make a whole town frenzy with a performance in the same vein, I must say.

I sense some guilt in Nakahara-san. What was he doing at that hour, huh? Minare seems convinced xD. I wonder when this misunderstanding (or is it even one in the first place) will clear up, I feel like it'll just keep getting worse for a while at least.

Yuck, that turtle crapping in her mouth though. God, that's nasty. Celebrating Nanba-san's birthday too, lmao. Looks like we're slowly going to get started with the Romance aspect, meanwhile...

@Ishitateso God bless you, I have already heard it twice at the time of this writing and I'm up for a dozen more still.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 2, 2020 6:20 AM
Apr 2008
It's definitely an anime aimed at a more mature audience. I definitely wouldn't see myself from 10 years ago enjoying this as much as I am right now.
May 2, 2020 7:44 AM

Feb 2008
Minare did well.

Her first solo segment was all over the place. In the best possible sense. It was no no mean feat given what the scriptwriter threw at Minare. Had I heard the programme at 3:32 AM, I would have been captivated too.

I wonder, how would Minare feel if she found out that she saved Mitsuo?

But damn, having turtle dung in her mouth must have sucked...
May 2, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2016
YOOOO THAT WAS SO GOOD. I'm really glad that the voice actor for Minare was chosen for this series. She absolutely KILLED the radio show. If I were one of the people listening to that radio, I would definitely have believed that she actually killed someone. Until the part where aliens showed up, of course.

Also, I thought it was really funny and coincidental that someone was actually trying to kill Mitsuo in real life, and that he was saved because of Minare's debut radio show about her being the one who "killed" Mitsuo.

Man, I really like this so far. This is probably my favourite episode of the anime for now. Can't wait for more!
May 2, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
Minare's resolve is quite fast.

But, she might take a shot on becoming Hokkaido's top DJ.
May 2, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2018
Either Minare is lesbian or she's Bisexual , cu'z she did mentioned that she wants to make love to Mizuho...

Oh so Minare's aired time was about her making fake news
May 2, 2020 12:12 PM

Dec 2017
I love how the characters become more interesting as they get more fleshed out with each episode. Now that I'm already hooked by Minare and Mizuho, seems like I'll end up having a crush on all four of the female characters if this keeps up.

Ishitateso said:
Every time the ending song is starting it makes my skin pleasantly tingle on my back. I have wanted to listen to the full song so much for weeks and voila after watching this episode I find that it has been uploaded at last.

Help! I can't stop; been listening to it since the first episode. The song is just too good and fitting perfectly with the anime, those visuals and artworks only make things even worse. :/
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 2, 2020 12:31 PM
Oct 2019
Miyeng said:

I totally agree with you! I believe this is a very funny and good anime by the way.
If people expect a battle shounen or a shojo, of course they' ll be disappointed and maybe bored, but this is a very well done slice of life instead.
I really like it!

Also, the opening made by Tacica is a masterpiece ❤️❤️❤️
May 2, 2020 12:37 PM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
Old man smoking juul instead of cigarettes lol. Haven't seen that much.

This was by far the most entertaining episode till now

Miyeng said:
Why lota people say this show is boring

I guess it's quite hard to shift from flashy shounen to real slice of life all of a sudden, not like I have anything against shounen, I enjoy both equally
May 2, 2020 4:10 PM

Nov 2019
It's a nice show, but the real MVP here is Minare's seiyuu, her voice acting is something out of this world.
May 2, 2020 4:28 PM

May 2015
Best episode so far, I've been waiting for her to start the radio seriously all this time. Interesting link to the real Mitsuo there, I wonder how everything unfolds from this point.
May 2, 2020 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! another great episode!
Minare has got the knack of it! (like others said, she's a natural!)
her ad-lib is just perfect and way too talented!
i want more of this show! HEHEHE!
5/5!
matias067May 2, 2020 5:44 PM

May 2, 2020 6:56 PM

Feb 2020
The Anime and OPED are very underrated...
I watched the Top OP&ED of spring 2020 subscriber version,and very sad the OPED are not on the list:/
May 2, 2020 10:22 PM

May 2016
This is actually the first anime comedy I've found legitimately funny in ages. Minare's voice and banter are great, obviously. That being said, I nearly died over the smash cut with the birthday hats.

This is a legitimately incredible show, I'm loving every minute of it, the mature cast is fantastic, and if it keeps up like this I'd easily call it my AOTY. Hell, it actually has me turning my radio back on!
May 2, 2020 11:54 PM
Mar 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Either Minare is lesbian or she's Bisexual , cu'z she did mentioned that she wants to make love to Mizuho...

It's obviously a joke, you don't have to be either to make jokes like that, she's also an adult who pretty clearly straight, just the comedic type!

EckhartPilgrim said:

Miyeng said:

The two people who thought the episode was boring are under 20 years old, maybe that's the reason. You can like it even being under 20 of course, but this series was obviously made for an older target audience.

I agree, it's definitely "mature/dry humor", i find it hilarious, but i can see why teenagers/younger people won't. Otherwise i personally wish there were more anime with a mature (comedic) tone like this one, it's a rare genre i believe.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

131 by michidicchy »»
Oct 14, 11:38 PM

» How I should Read the Manga After the Anime?

LucasChristyan - Jun 20, 2020

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Aug 7, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.