Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That piece of garbage totally deserved to die like that.
Apr 25, 2020 1:46 PM
Dec 2017
Wow this episode got me f-ed up. Kanami deserved better.
Apr 25, 2020 9:46 PM

Apr 2014
Loved this ep. I agree, I didn't think they'd show us the scene with Kanami but doing so was a really good way to make us feel for Takashi. And I hated the teacher especially after that. But it looks like younger posthumans might not be as emotionless as the older ones, since Takashi made the program out of revenge, love, and sadness but stopped after the first use.
Apr 26, 2020 7:40 AM

Feb 2010
That teacher ran me warm...never hated a Ghost in the Shell character this much since Gouda.
Apr 26, 2020 10:10 PM

Oct 2016
What the heck was that? Horrible episode
Apr 27, 2020 5:22 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah... That was bad. It's a shame that the last several episodes have been bad because I was kiiiiinda digging it between episodes 2-7 or 8. These scenes which are designed to elicit sympathy or sadness just fall flat because of how it looks. I just don't feel anything. When there's an action scene this kinda works, but when it's trying to do something serious/somber it feels freaking ridiculous.
May 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was a bit hard to follow. Like did Takashi just stand up in class and said "War is peace"?

And what to think of the para-troopers episode? If it coincides with his transformation fever and eventual collapse, that means Yuzu was there even before post-humanity. Is she some sort of post-human matrix (since there were no other post-humans at the time)? She seems to be bound to the school somehow, why? At any rate the fact that Yuzu seems to be a separate entity from Takashi means she had a trail of her own. How close is Yuzu to the mastermind transformer? etc
EratiKMay 1, 2020 3:36 PM
May 4, 2020 6:53 AM

Apr 2009
That 2045 smartphone design is so 2015, come on what's with the thick bezels on all sides? LOL

WTF?!The math teacher had the nerve to do that in school, yes he was probably just counseling her by taking her clothes off! The poor girl committed suicide. The teacher might be a real piss of shite if all those hack attacks are students in the school that knows him well...or maybe it wasn't real? What if it's all in our teen post-human friend's head, like he's the only one who sees Yuzu? >_<

He might still have a bit of his old personality left to write that letter to his mom, I hate to see him turning to full unemotional post-human and doing Matrix dodging like Gary Harts and Patrick Huge. :-(
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 10, 2020 1:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bad episode. Hard to follow at times and the serious tone kinda falls flat with the ridiculous cgi.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2020 8:51 PM
Nov 2018
so takashi has retained some of his personality and memories then based on that note in his room. there's a lot of uncertainty about the post-humans that we haven't learned yet, dunno what is truth or what is a lie
Apr 28, 2022 10:13 AM

Jun 2010
First I thought that maybe the post-human syndrome evolves through its iteratiions. With Takashi being more in line with the final stage of evolution it wants to achieve with how different he seemed. And it would fit with the boxer already retaining some of remains of his personality and now Takashi being even more human.

But then they said that all of them became post humans on the same day, May 12th - so I'm not to sure anymore if that theory makes sense.

Also what was with his imaginary sister? Was that some visual representation of his dependency for comfort or previous mindset that he left behind at the end? At least it seemed as though the scene with his sister bidding him farewell and him leaving the blanket for his mother were intended to be a parallel. He leaves both behind since he is now transformed. He doesn't need his blanket since he found purpose and doesn't need the imaginary sister since he's become the para-trooper.
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
Bit confusing episode but was able to piece everything together by the end. It seriously sucks how teachers take advantage of students like that, so disheartening to see and know that it happens every day. Glad the students took revenge.

Also the voice actor for Takeshi was incredibly bad. Didn’t fit at all. Super cringe when he spoke cause the voice didn’t match the character.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 10 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

20 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.