Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 27, 2020 8:04 PM

Feb 2010
Golems traditionally are artificial humans (men made of clay.) created by humans.

so assuming the same holds true for the golems in this series were they made by humans as well? what are the chances that he could get repaired? i'm assuming the hard deadline of thousand years is because there power source expires. couldn't they replace it?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 27, 2020 9:03 PM

Sep 2016
If humans could make golems....They would have never lost the war in the manga....
I've surpassed your limit!
Mar 28, 2020 2:21 AM

Feb 2010
iorn said:
If humans could make golems....They would have never lost the war in the manga....
i could see golems doing well against poorly armed opponents, but guns exist in this series as does magic. we have yet to see how well he handles those kinda obstacles
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 30, 2020 2:38 PM

Sep 2016
hazarddex said:
iorn said:
i could see golems doing well against poorly armed opponents, but guns exist in this series as does magic. we have yet to see how well he handles those kinda obstacles

Magic exists but not on a level that would allow wartime use. We're only shown the golem and the witches using it. The witches being a race of scholars wouldn't have been likely to take part in the conflict.

Guns and magic exist in a way so vague in the series that I can't really say which race has access to each freely. However the Golem kind of trumps any witch in combat. AFter we see what he's capable of around chapter 32 in the manga. Or you know by how he killed the fish with almost zero effort while the witchers a race of magic users btw. We effectively powerless to stop it.
Mar 31, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2009
iorn said:
hazarddex said:

Magic exists but not on a level that would allow wartime use. We're only shown the golem and the witches using it. The witches being a race of scholars wouldn't have been likely to take part in the conflict.

Guns and magic exist in a way so vague in the series that I can't really say which race has access to each freely. However the Golem kind of trumps any witch in combat. AFter we see what he's capable of around chapter 32 in the manga. Or you know by how he killed the fish with almost zero effort while the witchers a race of magic users btw. We effectively powerless to stop it.

Actually, the newest chapters 35,36 ad 37 shows us that human can use magic or at least a form of it
Mar 31, 2020 6:06 AM

Sep 2016
Koshi_Inaba said:
iorn said:

Actually, the newest chapters 35,36 ad 37 shows us that human can use magic or at least a form of it

Can you explain that in a way that makes it sound less like an asspull like the golems super Saiyan transformation?

Also if humans can manifest magic that powerful. Surely during the war, there would be some effort to replicate its effects in normal humans or at the very least train them in aspects of magic that would increase their combat effectiveness to put them on around the same level as one of the other races. So why didn't that happen?
Mar 31, 2020 6:52 AM
Jul 2009
iorn said:
Koshi_Inaba said:

Can you explain that in a way that makes it sound less like an asspull like the golems super Saiyan transformation?

Also if humans can manifest magic that powerful. Surely during the war, there would be some effort to replicate its effects in normal humans or at the very least train them in aspects of magic that would increase their combat effectiveness to put them on around the same level as one of the other races. So why didn't that happen?

I don't know how else to explain, really, because that's how it is right now. Due to the series being on hiatus since last year, we're stuck in a cliffhanger ending for chapter 38. Sakura herself is still a mystery and so is her having the sword of light.

Mind you, she's not strong because of the sword alone, she's a trained warrior as observed by Leigle, the red-haired witch from the witches village, who is currently travelling with Somali and co. Also, the newest arc revealed another important fact:

Honestly there's still a lot of question about human-grotesque relationship in the series. I really hope the series will come out of hiatus soon, because I'm really curious about the current arc's story. I'm hoping Sakura will joined Somali and become a big-sister figure to her.

Also, the Golem himself has been questioning what he really is after his transformation. He admits that the only thing he could remember is suddenly knowing
he was tasked to protect the forest, the knowledge of floras and faunas and maintaining the balance of nature. Hopefully, there will be a revelation someday about the nature of the Golems.
Koshi_InabaMar 31, 2020 7:00 AM
Apr 3, 2020 3:15 PM

Sep 2016
Koshi_Inaba said:
iorn said:

I don't know how else to explain, really, because that's how it is right now. Due to the series being on hiatus since last year, we're stuck in a cliffhanger ending for chapter 38. Sakura herself is still a mystery and so is her having the sword of light.

Mind you, she's not strong because of the sword alone, she's a trained warrior as observed by Leigle, the red-haired witch from the witches village, who is currently travelling with Somali and co. Also, the newest arc revealed another important fact:

Honestly there's still a lot of question about human-grotesque relationship in the series. I really hope the series will come out of hiatus soon, because I'm really curious about the current arc's story. I'm hoping Sakura will joined Somali and become a big-sister figure to her.

Also, the Golem himself has been questioning what he really is after his transformation. He admits that the only thing he could remember is suddenly knowing
he was tasked to protect the forest, the knowledge of floras and faunas and maintaining the balance of nature. Hopefully, there will be a revelation someday about the nature of the Golems.
Koshi_Inaba said:
iorn said:

What do you mean hopefully?

If the series doesn't get canceled there will be.

Chances are we'll get a character to give an expisotroy and drawn out explanation of what the golem is.
Nov 20, 2020 9:15 AM
Jul 2014
Judging from the title of the series, the duty of the golems (or at least the protagonist one) and their predetermined lifespan, it seems to me like they're divine guardians of nature created by some deity or deities of the world of the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

114 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.