Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2013
I watched non-sub.

It was an OK special, nothing amazing, but was quite enjoyable seeing Ash and Pikachu set off on their journey to Kalos c:
Apr 28, 2014 8:48 AM

Mar 2010
Mostly just a recap of 2 episodes of original Pokemon anime and some preview/commercial of upcoming (at that time) XY anime). Oh and also a couple sleeping Satoshi (Ash) and flying plane scenes.

Recap is fine, preview is not necessary, so I recommend against watching it if you're not hardcore "I watched all the stuff pokemon" guy at the very least))
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick
It can pierce through dust
No matter how thick...
Dec 11, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2011
I really like the recap they did for the first few episodes of the original pokemon, and I am glad that they included the scene where Ash protects Pikachu from the Spearows, that is one of the best scene in the entirety of Pokemon. It's really nice to hear the songs from the original too.

Some of the scenes here are pretty spoilerific -.- I watched some and I skipped the rest, don't wanna be spoiled much more before I actually get to watch it in the XY anime.
ToG25thBaamDec 11, 2014 5:49 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 29, 2015 8:11 PM

Jun 2014
Good recap. It was good seeing Ash again and am pumped to tackle XY.
Jul 23, 2016 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
An alright recap. The highlight was Gen 1.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 10, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
nice recap to the original pokemon series, I'm just starting to watch X&Y now and hoping it will be as good as people say
Mar 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah, basically a 24-minute commercial for XY with some scenes from other seasons, especially episodes 1 and 2. I also liked hearing Mezase Pokemon Master again.

And they actually discussed why Team Rocket wants to get Pikachu for new/forgetful fans. Because they're stupid and don't know it's a relatively common, weak species of course! No, actually it's because Ash's Pikachu showed skills way beyond a normal pikachu and every time it defeats them it cements in their minds that this pikachu is special.
Dec 28, 2023 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
Recap bit was alright, to be fair the first episode is still one of the best in the series.

The new footage of the battles that will occur in XY looked promising though, a lot more detail at least.
In fact most of the stuff looks great, glad too after Best Wishes.
Dec 28, 2023 3:08 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.