Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 2020 6:27 PM
Feb 2020
I know we’re supposed to like Jin, and this is probably an unpopular opinion, But he is the most hatable Mc I’ve ever seen in anything slice of life. Yes I know he hates animals, but he’s a complete and utter asshole about it, often being a disrespectful piece of shit to his club mates (except Hitomi) even when they’re nice to him. Regarding his love for Hitomi, as Yena put it, he’s a total fucking stalker for her, not to mention he has zero chemistry with her. I know a lot of people like him, but Jin can go fucking die.

Feb 29, 2020 8:08 PM

Aug 2019
Jin is fun *because* he's an asshole

Better than a doormat protagonist
Feb 29, 2020 8:22 PM

Aug 2019
Tbh, Jin hatred for animals the reason it came to be is really dumb but it's anime, you're not supposed make sense of it but enjoy it.

It wouldn't be what it is if he actually liked animals and wasn't an asshole.
Mar 1, 2020 12:02 AM
Feb 2020
kyou0220 said:
Jin is fun *because* he's an asshole

Better than a doormat protagonist
I see.

Would you say Jin is the sort of protagonist you “love to hate”?
Mar 3, 2020 4:50 PM
Dec 2018
Despite all his harsh words and cynical attitude, he actually comes through for them quite often and, in his own way, even appears to care for his club mates. The fact that he often says the opposite doesn't mean that there is no kindness in him. Of course, he is only interested in Hitomi but he could do a lot more to isolate the two of them if he were really serious about hating everyone else. He sees himself as long suffering but, deep down, he likes being there and I'm sure that will come out at some point. He will realise that he has great friends and that he cares for them. Who left the blanket for the panda idol?
Gab5Mar 3, 2020 11:35 PM
Mar 5, 2020 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
I don't necessarily hate the MC but he somewhat boring to me and even though I know this part of the joke I don't like his tendency to bitchin about almost everything
RedChromeMar 5, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 5, 2020 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
He's just a tsundere tbh. His clubmates will even make fun of his attitude in the future.
Mar 5, 2020 11:00 AM
Feb 2020
Gab5 said:
Despite all his harsh words and cynical attitude, he actually comes through for them quite often and, in his own way, even appears to care for his club mates. The fact that he often says the opposite doesn't mean that there is no kindness in him. Of course, he is only interested in Hitomi but he could do a lot more to isolate the two of them if he were really serious about hating everyone else. He sees himself as long suffering but, deep down, he likes being there and I'm sure that will come out at some point. He will realise that he has great friends and that he cares for them. Who left the blanket for the panda idol?
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Despite being rude and disrespectful a lot of the time. There are subtle hints that subconsciously, Jin hasn’t completely denounced all non human animals.

I actually have a headcanon that Jin was a huge animal lover as a child (which would explain his knowledge), and that after being beaten to a bloody pulp by those bears while protecting Ranka, he felt like he had paid the price for his compassion, resenting all non humans from that day forward. However, with the subtle hints of kindness, we see that not all of him is resentful towards animals deep down.
Mar 5, 2020 4:05 PM
Dec 2018
Feliraptor said:
Gab5 said:
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Despite being rude and disrespectful a lot of the time. There are subtle hints that subconsciously, Jin hasn’t completely denounced all non human animals.

I actually have a headcanon that Jin was a huge animal lover as a child (which would explain his knowledge), and that after being beaten to a bloody pulp by those bears while protecting Ranka, he felt like he had paid the price for his compassion, resenting all non humans from that day forward. However, with the subtle hints of kindness, we see that not all of him is resentful towards animals deep down.

Yes, I think they will have him rude until the end of the very last episodes but there were signs with the sports day and the evening that panda was in the cage that he is warming to them. The bear attack messed him up but his friends are bringing him back. The way wolf girl behaves I can see him taking another beating for her before long but this time he wont regret it.
Mar 5, 2020 4:32 PM

Feb 2020
Is not usual to have a Tsundere as the protagoinst.
Mar 6, 2020 4:06 AM

Mar 2009
He's an asshole, but he has his rare moments of kindness.
Mar 6, 2020 10:20 PM

Nov 2019
Yeah he's racist, not even secretly racist

It's unrealistic how nobody bats an eye how disrespectful he is, forget being racist the guy is straight up the most disrespectful piece of shit ever

Not to mention he's a straight up creep towards the only human girl
Mar 8, 2020 1:46 AM

Apr 2015
I don't really hate him but he's really bland.
Mar 9, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
You all are missing the point of the MC's side. He got transferred to a school he never choosen, had to tolerate being around animals because he can't stand them and wants to be close to the only human female in the school. He's been totally consistent all throughout the series having to deal with one animal after another getting between him and the girls he likes (Hitomi). He's not a racist but rather prefers to be around his own species. A racist is someone who chooses to be a hinderance to deny you of your success, happiness and existence. Sadly the label of "racist" has been misused to mostly malign people that don't agree with their views.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 9, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2018
I can understand disliking the mc, but I consider him a tsundere most of the time.
Mar 9, 2020 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
Janethan23 said:
You all are missing the point of the MC's side. He got transferred to a school he never choosen, had to tolerate being around animals because he can't stand them and wants to be close to the only human female in the school. He's been totally consistent all throughout the series having to deal with one animal after another getting between him and the girls he likes (Hitomi). He's not a racist but rather prefers to be around his own species. A racist is someone who chooses to be a hinderance to deny you of your success, happiness and existence. Sadly the label of "racist" has been misused to mostly malign people that don't agree with their views.
he literally said he wants all animals to die.
Mar 9, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
Feliraptor said:
Janethan23 said:
he literally said he wants all animals to die.
He also said he wanted all the animals set free back into the wild so He doesn't really mean it especially when he stands up for them when they're getting bullied. So, when he's saying things like that is in context of trying to be alone with Hitomi.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 9, 2020 6:28 PM

Mar 2017
Yeah he is the reason why I can't give the show an 8.

Tsnderes are the worst character type. How they are so popular i never know.
Mar 9, 2020 6:45 PM

May 2014
Lanz said:
I don't really hate him but he's really bland.

This.

The problem is not Jin being an asshole or a tsundere, the problem is Jin just being an asshole. He doesn't get any sort of development, even with all the subtle hints about him not being that bad, still is pretty bland, like repeating the same joke over and over.

Mar 11, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2011
Jin is okay. He's not bad.

There's a lot more hatable MCs out there.
Mar 14, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2009
He's best character in this show and manga.
Mar 14, 2020 8:49 PM
Feb 2020
I just can’t get behind this kind of MC. If your gonna make Jin a racist asshole at least develop him as a character where he becomes more tolerant and even kinder towards his classmates, who are only trying to be friendly toward him. Unfortunately they don’t do this and just keep him the same throughout the series.
Apr 19, 2020 4:26 AM
Dec 2019
He's the most likeable protagonist I've seen in a while. Just because he doesn't kiss the girls ass and simp for them 24/7 doesn't make him an asshole. He never creeped on hitomi. It's okay for ranka to molest him apparently and it's cute. Also none of the characters developed neither.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

55 by purplemoon_ »»
May 5, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2020

84 by purplemoon_ »»
May 1, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2020

126 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

162 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.