Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2020 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, maid outfits and school festival. I gotta say, Mira looked cute for this episode.

It's nice they were also able to get the Earth Space members involved at school.
Feb 7, 2020 4:32 AM

Apr 2010
Sakura changing uniform when her classmates showed up was funny, Ao's reaction the the picture her mother was trying to make of the uniform was funny as well.
And the festival project was a success judging by the people that showed up.
The little sister of Sakura was funny despite the fact she was hiding.

And was also nice of the other clubs the help with the ground sample.
Feb 7, 2020 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ino-chan is the new president of the club ! Nice to see them again in maid outfits lol they made a maid café but with astronomy and geology themes, the hand-made solar system was cool.
Feb 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2016
They just show male characters for more like 5 min ..this show is doomed, psychopaths are about to sent the creators death threats.

Also next week a recap .. like what.
Feb 7, 2020 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see other people helping the club with the earth sample.

And the school festival was fun.

Feb 7, 2020 8:44 AM

Aug 2018
School festival seems to have been a great success for the club ! Though it is mostly certain that we will see again the girl on green who claims it was "nearly enough"
Feb 7, 2020 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
Even more maid outfits! Woah! We're in a treat! \o/

The suddenly change in her tracksuit really was obvious why, Sakurai! :-D

Swagernator said:
They just show male characters for more like 5 min ..this show is doomed, psychopaths are about to sent the creators death threats.

LOOOOL. I bet there's a certain MAL user that indeed will not like this indeed.

Probably to let the rest of the anime season catch up so the Asteroid In Love end's on the same week or so I guess. I honesty don't like recaps iether most of the time, but eh whatever.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 7, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2016
Man, I wish my hand-made solar systems were that detailed when I was in high school...

Another lovely episode.
Feb 7, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
The loudmouth Newspaper club president deserves some praise as she was able to get the help from the entire baseball team to help out Sakurai and Inose with their boring sample. Nicely done. =D

The whole school festival went very nicely, as the whole club had a great success with their hand-made solar system, boring samples and, thanks to Suzuya, some delicious astronomy and geology-influenced cakes and deserts. However, the mysterious green-haired student muttered "This isn't nearly enough" before she left. Looking at the ED animation, she also appears in there, so I presume that she'll be a future club member.

Either way, this episode was fun and cute once again. It sucks that there's a recap episode next week, but I guess it can't be helped. ^^;
Feb 7, 2020 12:42 PM

Feb 2019
Ugh, another great episode. This show is going to kill me at the end when it's time for everyone to go their separate ways. Sad the MAL score has dipped below 7, you know what you're gonna get out of CGDCT so not sure where the bad ratings come from.

The model solar system brought back memories, I remember having one of those as a kid and painting them, I hope someone somewhere becomes curious about astronomy or physics as a result of this series and goes on to do great things in the field. Can't believe we're halfway done with this.
Feb 7, 2020 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Demon Vice President changed into the tracksuit so fast.

So many shows getting recaps or delays lately...
Feb 7, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
That was a nice festival, they really put up a lot of effort into all the display and food. Was nice that Suzu was helping out a lot! The maid outfits looked really nice on them!! Ao reaction for having a photo taken, what did they do to her that she dislikes it so much? Also there was no shortage of milfs in todays episode :p

Feb 7, 2020 3:10 PM
Mar 2017
I loved this episode, the girls had a wonderful school festival, I liked the whole process in which the Geosciences club prepared their stand for this important school event.

I must say that the character development of Sakura has been the one I liked the most, since episode 1 she has been shown as a serious girl and very closed to her ideas, but with the passing of the episodes the people around Sakura have noticed that she is a nice girl, but sometimes she is just shy, this was partly thanks to Ino and the other members of the club. Also Sakura overcame the barrier of imposing that something is impossible just because she thinks so.
Eve and Usami did a great favor to Ino and Sakura, the surprise face of both girls when the girls of the journalism club arrived with the baseball team, in the end they were able to take the ground sample thanks to the support of the boys.

On the side of the astronomy girls things were just as hectic, since they were preparing a model of the solar system that was beautiful and Mari let us know more about why she was interested in astronomy, her grandmother introduced her in this world.
The best part was when Suzu arrived, she always brings the laughs and the yuri, I swear that I kept laughing when Ao threw herself into Suzu's arms and then she lifted Ao like a princess and the funniest thing was how Mari took pictures wildly.

The cafeteria that the girls prepared looked beautiful, but the girls took my sighs, they looked wonderful wearing maids uniforms and Endou sensei "supervising" everything made me laugh too much, how she dared to check Mira's dress that way.
Among the other funny moments was when Eve and Usami tried to make fun of Sakura and she put on her face "don't even think about it".
Ao still does not overcome her shyness and this brought her some problems, but Mira was close to save her.
Here came my big question, why did Sakura change her clothes? Was it because two boys from the baseball club arrived? Or was it because she simply didn't want to be seen wearing a Maid's uniform? A question that won't let me sleep.
I love it when Misa appears, because Suzu gets nervous and also very happy to receive praise from her, but what caused me more laughter was that Ao was the inspiration for the lunar pancakes.
Today we were introduced to a couple of characters who i wanted to meet and a small surprise visitor, first the mothers of Ao and Mira, both very beautiful women who are the living image of their daughters, genetics do wonderful things and then Chikage appeared, Sakura's younger sister, what an adorable girl.
The part in which Ao shouted when her mother was going to take a picture of her was unexpected, that cry of denial that she released left her friends impacted, Mira above all.
The surprise of the end of the episode was something that I was waiting for to happen, Sakura and Mari will withdraw from their positions as president and vice president as they will enter their final exam periods and graduation, but with this news there is also the announcement that Ino will be the new president of the club, this fills me with joy because Ino is more than capable to fulfill that role.
The short green-haired girl who was quite rude to the girls' effort smells like she will be a new member of the club, but I'm sure she will bring drama and discussions, but we'll know that in two more weeks, damn recap that was not necessary.
Feb 7, 2020 5:49 PM

Feb 2020
What an great episode so cute and I loved seeing them in maid outfits! Also a bit feels at the end of the episode, but I'm sure Ino will make a new good president.
Feb 7, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2019
I seriously almost died of laughter when suzuya held ao, great episode and looking forward to seeing ino as club prez!

Feb 7, 2020 6:24 PM

Jan 2014
I wish I could paint planets like that lmao. The detail looked awesome.
Feb 8, 2020 1:32 AM

Oct 2008
good thing school fes went well!
i wanna have some of that tiramisu!
4/5.

Feb 8, 2020 2:16 AM

Mar 2014
Swagernator said:

WHATTT.... a recap !?

Oh no............
Feb 8, 2020 2:26 AM

Jun 2017
RedChrome said:
Swagernator said:

WHATTT.... a recap !?

Oh no............

Yeah, they even told us in the preview it's a recap...like wat. This is very unusual for Doga Kobo since they are the king of CGDCT... I wonder what happened.
Feb 8, 2020 3:48 AM

Oct 2007
wow, they really put in some work into their cafe. Delicious "educational" foods. And Mira doing her best to entertain the little girl who felt sad. ;)

also nice that the newspaper club helped them get that layer sample. Would have taken a really long time if those guys did not help them pound that tube. Also pulling it out would have been harder.
Feb 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Dec 2018
Suzu just pick Ao up and start to smell her!!!...YEEES!! Awww you really like her dont you honey!!! You are are so cute!!And my main lesbians in this!! And I also think Ino will be a great club president!

What I thought was going to be a big problem wasn't that bad!! Males shouldn't be that close to MY females!! But with Suzu there my girls purity feels safe!! And their was no staring or drooling over my lesbians!!

Now to the biggest problems! Male spoke without being addressed by my angels!!! And another male touched a random not waifu female!!

The stupid ass anime had 10/10 and now have 6/10!!! If it wasn't for Suzu it would be lower. I love my little lesbian princess and she really shines!!

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 8, 2020 10:10 AM
Feb 8, 2020 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
The usual school festival is here, and both the Astronomy and Geology / Earth Science clubs are getting fired up for it as their first presentations :)

That boring "machine" truly needs some work and not just Sakurai and Ino are fuming the work, but help from the Newspaper Club's network helped the Geology members achieve their objectives.

Over on the Astrology Club, Monroe, Mira and Ao are preparing for their space "exhibition". Nice to hear that Monroe developed the same interest through family, connecting generations. And Suzu...handles pastry...yea. One moment of Yuri for Suzu receiving Ao's hug, and Monroe just spamming like the norm.

A maid cafe for the festival seems appropriate for the girls, nice one while teaching astrology at the same time :) And another nice timing for the girls' parents and siblings to come see their work...but let's be honest, the maid outfits are what they're after!

Bad news, Sakurai and Monroe are stepping down, but good news, Ino taking up the position...that's some hurdle to overcome!

Even sad news, next week's a recap...T.T
Feb 9, 2020 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
This does get really boring at times. Pun not intended.

Vaguely meaningful male interaction in this kind of CGDCT, that's rare lol.
Feb 9, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
Monroe should have dressed her bunnygirl costume. It would attract more people to their cafe and you know it is true!

Now the club has a loli president and maybe now they will need to put a map at the door of the club room...
Feb 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Dec 2016
salbery755 said:

I must say that the character development of Sakura has been the one I liked the most, since episode 1 she has been shown as a serious girl and very closed to her ideas, but with the passing of the episodes the people around Sakura have noticed that she is a nice girl, but sometimes she is just shy, this was partly thanks to Ino and the other members of the club. Also Sakura overcame the barrier of imposing that something is impossible just because she thinks so.

I know! At first I thought I would't like Sakura that much, but with her development, I kinda felt related to her. Specially with the aspect where she doesn't have a clear dream of what to do.

That aside, I loved their cafe! Specially the solar system placed in the ceiling. I honestly would stare at it all day long if I could because of the impressive level of detail it had. <3
Feb 10, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2017
So that was the school festival. I get the feeling, that was one of the most important parts of the series. And I'm glad, they decided to to rush this. This is generally something I've noticed over the previous episodes and mentioned at some places before: The pacing of the story got a bit slower over the past episodes. After multiple stories mixed in one episode, we are with one main topic for each episode now. Not sure if this comes from the source material or from the anime just doing a better job at putting contents in episodes.

But back to the content of the episode: I really liked what they did for the festival. It's something more unusual, something you might not have seen before. Sure, just making a café for a school festival is the most standard thing to do. But the most times it then is just a normal café, while this was a cool experience, even from just watching. The ideas the characters came up with were pretty good and I think it gave off a good overview of their activities.

The end was a bit unexpected, although it is not surprising, that someday everyone of the club members will have to graduate from school, I didn't expect to see this. But with the end of the festival, the most important part of the club activities has been finished, so this seems like a good point for this. Even though that makes me wonder, what the future will bring for the series, will there be just less focus on the club and more focus on what they like despite beeing the same thing? Or will nothing really change at all?

Speaking of what's happening next, I'm a bit disappointed to see we are getting a recap episode next time, this normally is a sign for the production team struggling with their original plan. I hope there won't be any negative effects on the show, it would be sad to see the show getting worse over time.
Feb 11, 2020 8:27 AM
Jan 2018
RobbiRobb said:
So that was the school festival. I get the feeling, that was one of the most important parts of the series. And I'm glad, they decided to to rush this. This is generally something I've noticed over the previous episodes and mentioned at some places before: The pacing of the story got a bit slower over the past episodes. After multiple stories mixed in one episode, we are with one main topic for each episode now. Not sure if this comes from the source material or from the anime just doing a better job at putting contents in episodes.

But back to the content of the episode: I really liked what they did for the festival. It's something more unusual, something you might not have seen before. Sure, just making a café for a school festival is the most standard thing to do. But the most times it then is just a normal café, while this was a cool experience, even from just watching. The ideas the characters came up with were pretty good and I think it gave off a good overview of their activities.

The end was a bit unexpected, although it is not surprising, that someday everyone of the club members will have to graduate from school, I didn't expect to see this. But with the end of the festival, the most important part of the club activities has been finished, so this seems like a good point for this. Even though that makes me wonder, what the future will bring for the series, will there be just less focus on the club and more focus on what they like despite beeing the same thing? Or will nothing really change at all?

Speaking of what's happening next, I'm a bit disappointed to see we are getting a recap episode next time, this normally is a sign for the production team struggling with their original plan. I hope there won't be any negative effects on the show, it would be sad to see the show getting worse over time.

Apprently it has something to do with them outsourcing to China , and the Coronavirus is affecting the schedule
Feb 11, 2020 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
This is the best CGDCT since New Game
Feb 12, 2020 8:35 AM

Feb 2008
Mikage's laughter was charming. It was nice to see her efforts recognised.
Feb 18, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
Sakurai senpai opened up a bit with her classmates, they were all nice people. All the girls looked really cute in maid outfits and XD Suzu chan princess carrying Ao while Mari senpai snapping photos was hilarious. Also damn so both Sakurai senpai and Mari senpai stepped down from their roles and made Ino new prez.
Feb 21, 2020 4:27 PM

Feb 2018
Welcome Ao mom xD, and also look like Ao face xD.
Feb 23, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2017
Another interesting episode. I’m glad there’s a recap episode next cuz it’s been a while since I’ve seen the first few episodes

You can tell Ao is introverted when behavior arises that’s normal around parents but not outside the house

024Feb 24, 2020 8:56 AM

plz @ me
Feb 23, 2020 5:55 PM

Mar 2017
Boys?! That's a shocking twist.

The moon isn't a planet... Is this a Japanese translation issue? Pretty models though. When I did it I went for scale size which meant a giant sun and tiny planets as I traveled miles along the beach. Was very difficult. And then the next year Pluto got demoted.

Of course it is a Cafe. Can't have cgdct without maid outfits after all.

THAT IS A BIG PANCAKE.

Ah. So that's how it is. Well they are busy with getting ready to graduate after all.
Mar 6, 2020 9:43 AM

Apr 2011
Fun episode especially the school festival. They look so good in maid outfits. It was so funny how Aoi and Mira where so embarassed when they're parents visited. Never I would've thought Ao would shout like that. She really don't want her dad to see in that outfit. Maybe her dad is the doting/annoying type who loves his daughter so much.

The moment when Monroe said about an announcement, I knew it would be stepping down as President and Sakura as VP. Since Ino is now the new Prez, who's the VP?
Apr 30, 2020 2:55 AM

Jul 2015
I'm impressed, those astronomy members managed to make the planet models with such thin sticks stand on the table (10:20)

Nice to see they actually cosplayed...just not the way they used to....(꘠ ͜ʖ꘠)

Jul 8, 2020 3:56 AM

May 2015
I don't think you can actually buy land on the Moon, did the grandma get scammed?
Mar 9, 2021 7:15 AM

Feb 2020
What a sweet school festival episode. Those pancakes looked delicious nom nom.

Wow.. Ino-chan is the new president of the club! That was a big surprise.

That hand-made solar system model was so pretty. They did a good job with it.
Mar 24, 2022 12:25 PM

Aug 2018
Baseball club is sweet with the help.. ;P
Well, that's a fair guess that maybe almost everyone will be able to go to space with time.. It depends on how advanced will be civilization.. With many years space tourism will become a thing.. But right now we haven't even visited Mars or something.. Person, that is.. But you never know with technology.. Like, take internet.. It's just crazy, how easy we can transfer many amounts of various data.. And it didn't take ages for it to develop.. Well, you can say that some lines with text existed couple of ages ago or something.. But still change with internet and before is just huge.. As well as we have some stuff for ages in traveling as well.. Anything can happen with inventions.. But also it can take ages, or not necessary..
Hm?.. It seems one girl, which visited.. Wanted to see more?.. Well, club said themselves that they tried to make stuff appealing to people, not to overload with information.. As well as some things a bit skewed, because no space to make actual proportions for Sun system, for example.. But somehow this girl maybe will appear later?.. As a bit too randomly specific remark..
Jul 16, 2022 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
The cultural festival was a big success.

More maid outfits. The girls looked so cute. <3

Mira, Ao, and Mari did a good job with the solar system model. It looks beautiful.

Suzu smelling Ao's hair and then picking her up was adorable. ^^

The episode ended with a big surprise. I'm sure Ino will be a great club president.
Aug 20, 2022 4:25 AM

Jul 2019
Wow, everyone's a lesbian!

I love how Mira acts as Ao's interpreter.
Mar 1, 2023 8:55 PM
Jun 2019
thankful for this
Mar 31, 8:12 PM
Jan 2023
Ah yes, the culture festival episode, and it was a huge success. Everyone seemed to love it!

A lovely model of the solar system, plenty of space/geology themed food and the boring survey, which the boys from the baseball team helped with the strength side of getting it out of the ground.

Suzu smelling Ao's hair really caught me off guard there, oh and her picking Ao up too, interesting. And then basing a food item's flavour off the scent of Ao's hair.... hmmm....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

139 by JKam57 »»
Yesterday, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

88 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

34 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

56 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.