Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 11, 2020 2:44 AM

Feb 2018
Nice BL fan service, and also i cant understand about the story xD.
Jan 11, 2020 12:11 PM

Nov 2015
directing has to get better if this wants to be a quality mystery. first episode was decent but due to the bad directing it was a bit incoherent. OST is dope though

3/5
Jan 11, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
iunno, i cant make a solid opinion so far except it was fucking confusing LOOOOOOOL

i agree with others, the pacing and directing were kinda bad

i am interested to watch more. it seems really weird and spicy
Jan 11, 2020 6:53 PM
Jul 2019
Ocalino said:
Episode felt like it was 40 minutes long.
That can't be good.

GTO first episode was also 42 min long aprox, and it is such a great anime
Jan 12, 2020 12:10 AM

Sep 2009
I did not get it at all! So confusing! O_O Even the names. So what was it all about? Explain. This gave me lots of headache!
Jan 12, 2020 12:15 AM

Jul 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
I did not get it at all! So confusing! O_O Even the names. So what was it all about? Explain. This gave me lots of headache!

we learned a few things:
1. the glasses guy is a bad guy
2. the dreads guy used to be a smoker but quit. he employed the two young dudes.
3. one or both of the young dudes has the ability to invade peoples' minds.
4. this show will be about the young dudes and how they solve mysteries and such most likely.
Jan 12, 2020 1:55 AM

Sep 2009
Mayuka said:
Zel_Ezl said:

we learned a few things:
2. the dreads guy used to be a smoker but quit. he employed the two young dudes.
4. this show will be about the young dudes and how they solve mysteries and such most likely.

so who's the real villain?
Jan 12, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
Mayuka said:

we learned a few things:

so who's the real villain?
in my experience with mystery anime and manga, he most likely hasn't even been introduced yet for this type of story... I doubt the glasses guy will be the worst out here
Jan 12, 2020 8:08 PM
Aug 2017
I really liked when they missed up with the guy head at the end but they didn't show it they just show him acting extra friendly with them and he was back to smocking
Jan 13, 2020 2:43 AM
Sep 2018
Was kinda keeping up with what happened until the suddenly cut to the bar scene
Is he still seeing things or is it actually happening
Jan 13, 2020 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
i am not gonna lie if i say this anime has rather a specific vibe to it. dropping it would have been my to-go choice if only i didn't watch it with a friend. for anyone trying this out and who's not familiar at all with how the criminal world rolls, or at least some basic psycho stuff such as schizophrenia (cause that's where i believe they got the hallucinations idea from, but i could be wrong, only a hunch)- try to pay more attention to the ins and outs. i had to rewatch the ending 3 times and ask my mate for extra explanation to have all the details fully comprehended. could also be that i am a grasshopper and am slow with this genre.
at the end (after a moment of self-satisfaction for figuring it all out) im not disappointed at all and there is real potential for this show to become a hit.
Jan 13, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
ultimatewarrior7 said:
Was kinda keeping up with what happened until the suddenly cut to the bar scene
Is he still seeing things or is it actually happening

that's what i personally had to rewatch 3 times to grasp lol
the bar scene is actually happening, they brainwashed the dude altogether, making him forget about the suicide (car accident of Yokota) and his own hallucinations (aka planning to go to Bali yada yada). those 2 guys that supposedly were his co-workers at his bar, end up as simple renters of that flat above. they played with words really well, but the ending is real.
they erased his memories, fully.
Jan 13, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2019
-Komurasaki said:
i had to rewatch the ending 3 times and ask my mate for extra explanation to have all the details fully comprehended. could also be that i am a grasshopper and am slow with this genre.

Y-you should watch episode 2..
Jan 16, 2020 4:15 AM

Dec 2010
Well, this sure is something... different.
Jan 16, 2020 2:20 PM
Apr 2019
I really liked this first episode, it has potential, let's see how it develops. I don't think it was that confused, one just have to pay a bit attention to the details and give it some time. I suppose as the series progresses the plot will end up clearing up.

The OP is superb and the ED was good too.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 22, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2007
Very slow episode. For a beginning I really though dropping it. But I can give an oportunity. The story seems interesting.
Jan 27, 2020 8:44 AM

Sep 2016
1evis-asshole said:
Ppl praise mediocre shounen on here all the time and some of the most innovative shows get mad hate on here. I'm not surprised. People want shows to hold their hand like this ain't a mystery/psychological show. *Some people are so dense, like I didn't understand every single thing either but I got the concept. Mystery shows are supposed to make you ask alot of questions, psychological shows are supposed to be a mindfuck. Ppl are basically complaining about the genre.

I can't help but compare this to ID invader which was also sort of confusing (tbh this show made more sense to me) but much less creative by far yet its being praised as the most original anime of the season when this gem exists. Even Pet's art style is way more original. ID Invander has an interesting psych genre to it too but its riddled with tropey characters and plot devices, plus the faces are bland and typical for anime. Pet has such a sharp and beautiful animation and the characters actually have distinctive features, it's so refreshing to watch.

Pet has characters who aren't nearly as predictable and tropey. The whole thing really does feel like a new world, the characters aren't so black and white from the jump. ID feeds ideas to the audience while Pet forces you to think on your own. It's kind of hilarious that people like the easily digestible psychological mystery and not the one that truly feels like its genre (Pet).

Plus we know dudes on here hate anything that they see as gay cause this site is homophobic too. Honestly that's sad because ppl miss out on really good shows and judge them unfairly because they're close-minded dickheads.

Can't agree more with your points!
Jan 29, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2019
Hmm, I had to move my mouse cursor to see how many minutes of the episode are left because it felt dragged on just a little bit too long...

There seems to be a lot to be unpacked, so I'll keep watching to see how it's gonna unfold.

The visual highlights for me are the mindf**kin' images & illusions :)
Feb 2, 2020 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
This was weird but I'm interested. In the middle of all the isekai, comedies, and cuteness contrasting with all the gore it's nice to see something different. I miss mindfuck Anime.

Definitely not a show I can watch at work tho with scenes like the licking popping up randomly lol
Feb 3, 2020 4:50 PM

Jan 2020
From this first episode, I can tell this is going to be a really “different” series. After they found out that homeboy with the dreads knows everything, I HONESTLY COULD NOT TELL WHAT WAS REAL AND WHAT WASN’T I WAS GETTING SO MAD ILL TELL YA LMAOOOOOO!

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 3, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2020
Honner said:
yo where can i watch this? or is this only on amazon prime

I watch this (as well as all my other anime...) on Animetake. Its a really good site to watch anime, the only downside is, if you a dub person (such as I) then they don’t have much dubbed on there but other than that, its pretty good!
tanukiOnMALFeb 3, 2020 5:24 PM

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Aug 2017
It was a bit funny when I realize that the kid at the beginning is the blond tracksuit yakuza.

I could understand everything but I don't like the way they executed it. Maybe its the direction.
NurguburuFeb 24, 2020 10:54 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Oct 2018
At the beginning when the first 2-3 episodes came out, I rewatched the first episode for so many times(probably 5 or even more), and now to think about it, where the anime got so far, the first episode is just like a piece of cake, so easy to understand now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
Anime about mind control, felt kind of trippy not as much as Paprika but definitely some mindfuckery going on

Feeling bad for dreadlock guy, being betrayed like that, losing his friend, and the worst part, not even remembering what is really going on...still glad they didn't kill him or made him go as crazy to the point where he spents the rest of his life in an mental institute

Jun 27, 2020 8:32 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I liked the beginning it didn’t great job of grabbing your attention. The show also doesn’t explain much in the beginning which can turn fans away. I liked that they had a Jamaican character in the show but besides that the characters didn’t stand out that much. The OP was not my cup of tea with high pitch whispering. I would need to watch more to understand it all.
Aug 14, 2020 8:19 AM

Feb 2012
i was just as confused as the guy.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 24, 2020 6:05 AM
Oct 2020
A bland diet for dogs is easily digestible and quickly as well. When an owner sees the sign of vomiting, diarrhoea etc.
A bland diet for dogs is easily digestible and quickly as well. When an owner sees the sign of vomiting, diarrhoea etc.
Read monehttps://askpetguru.com/dogs-bland-diet/

May 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Feb 2017
Wth happened at the end
The smoking scenes ruined my enjoyment hope they stop showing that at some point
Jul 14, 2021 7:22 AM

May 2020
What just happened???
Oct 31, 2021 4:00 PM
Aug 2020
that was interesting!!! The OP and ED are cool AF!

I didn't get what happened to that guy at the end, he seemed back to normal
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.