Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2016 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
I pity people who are full of themselves . They've yet to realize their potential .
Mitte . Nakai-san .. you disgust me . And now , you should reflect on it .
Good news is Hiramaru-kun having another anime adaptation ~ .
"Show him the difference between you ."

msrcali said:
Lol Nakai is like the funniest background character to trying out for main character role, failing then becoming stupidest evil guy ever back into being a funny background character he might have some of the weirdest but well done developments I've seen.

Good Interpretation .
AnimeLaver01Mar 30, 2016 6:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2015
Nanamine dropping so low... seeing this animated reminded me of the manga once again.
Jan 7, 2019 12:51 PM
Aug 2018
I am surprised about how many people in this anime seem to be super rich / have rich parents.

Looks like Nanamine is already swimming in dough, when he can easily pay 14 assistants as a newcomer mangaka...

And Nakai just became on of the most unlikable characters for me. He got what he deserved and still isn't able to reflect on his actions at all.
tr25a3Jan 7, 2019 12:55 PM
Jul 16, 2019 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
Bringing back Nakai and making him even more scummy was a terrible decision, as was having Kosugi claim that Nanamine has talent and begging for him not to get cancelled for circumventing the rules in the worst way possible. Forget being transferred, Kosugi should be fired for allowing this to happen and Nanamine should be cancelled on the spot.

This show comes up with some absurdly moronic plot lines at times, and this is one of the worst so far.
Dec 19, 2019 2:18 AM

Mar 2015
Good to see him lose his shit, I have no doubts that Ashirogi will come out on top!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2020 10:16 AM

May 2018
And as expected, Nanamine's manga is tanking like no tomorrow. Lol he has already gone mad after 5 weeks
Dec 8, 2020 9:06 AM

Jan 2019
Nakai became even shittier than before, if it was even possible.

What the fuck with Kosugi tho? Literally begging Ashirogi Mutou to battle Nanamine because he wants to "save him", as if Nanamine has any talent at all. Both Nanamine and Kosugi are incompetent, they shouldn't work on the magazine anymore. Still sad about the fact that they cancelled Shiratori's manga for a manga that became shit at its 5th chapter.
Jan 13, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
Nanamine's fucked basically. Guy kept on being cocky and arrogant to his editor, trying too hard to become like Ashirogi Muto yet never absorbed what made them to be great mangaka and just lost it, even with the whole challenge against them to have a similar story and see who executes it better and who is higher ranked. There's a reason why PCP's been really stable in the top 5 whereas Nanamine's manga keeps on collapsing where its not helped by the amount of inconsistency with each chapter, whether its the art or the story and ideas or characters, etc. I have no idea what Nanamine is actually even doing in the manga given the amount of ideas he's trying to stuff out of desperation. He's like a criminal who's running, trying to desperately find a way to escape but the cops have him basically surrounded in all aspects so he's just trying to prolong his freedom before he gets got by Ashirogi Muto and put in handcuffs finally. He's living the 5 star wanted level life right now but in mangaka form and man is he desperate beyond belief. Bakuman's Light Yagami.

Also, Hiramaru gets a new serialized manga but has to again go back to releasing manga weekly lol. At least he went on a cute date with Aoki to get tea and they're having a great relationship so far from looks of things so he's got some good things going on in his life beyond successful manga this time around.
Mar 3, 2021 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
The first half of this episode was really boring.

But the second half really picked up. Nakai snapping at the end and the character development of his insecure editor.

I see a bunch of people complaining. But I think this arc is finally starting to improve a bit.
Apr 29, 2021 10:17 PM

Jan 2016
I wonder why we are spending so much time on this new guy. He’s alright but I think Ashurogi has enough people now to compete with

Aug 2, 2021 12:50 AM

Jan 2020
14 assistants huh? I wonder which is richer.....Shiratori or Nanamine.........
Sep 23, 2021 10:42 AM

Aug 2011
This is honestly getting so good. I can't help but enjoy Nanamine losing his wits over the rankings and going into a spiral, but at the same time I feel bad for him because he does have talent it's just misplaced. Besides that Kosugi is such an amazing character for sticking to Nanamine and even asking for Shujin and Saiko's help. He's the star of this episode especially his perseverance for someone who's completely lost their minds.

On the other hand I just feel disgust towards Nakai, I know he has issues and is a super flawed character and I hope he has a redemption moment in this anime.
desu desu binches
Oct 24, 2021 4:53 AM

Dec 2007
this is where the arc messed up, it started previous episode as ideology battle between ashirogi and nanamine, but as soon it gets to the "fight" nonamine just lose his head over fighting PCP and not thinking to do something to improve the manga to be somewhat different, it's making him for good character fo 1-2 episodes and just in one episode he totally reversed being obsessive on the idea overlapping with PCP, glad they rushed it through.
really excepted from previous episode to have ashirogi vs nanomine battle with ideas and such, but besides that 3rd climax chp there wasn't much to offer here.
and i won't even start with the fact that every episode on this arc any other character revealed about nanomine's way and now it's kinda everyone knows.

kosugi on the other hand, gotta hand him he's the fighter here.
though he could be done better.

when nakai said he has to settle score with aoki and then that flashback i was so angry, only for saying that he deserves another triple slap.
though i like the idea of nakai returning, he had messed big time with the lose of his ideology.

besides all that, i really miss the bunch of characters we have. where's fukuda? eiji?
hiramaru have his the usual gag spot, and though to steal the show as we like it, that's it..
Dec 7, 2021 10:49 PM

Sep 2018
A few things which I'm not a huge fan of in this arc...

* Why Shounen Jump or more specifically, the editors (as they are the only ones who know so far), are keeping Nanamine around after discovering what he's been doing. No amount of "supposed talent" outweighs his actions. Talk about unprofessional.

* Why Nanamine's editor is still around after getting found out by his fellow editors about the whole situation and yet said nothing.

*There are already so many side characters that are competing against the two MCs, especially Niizuma, who's had insufficient screen time this season thus far. I feel like this isn't very necessary and a bit out of place with this anime tbh...

A lot of it just screams plot convenience. So far, this season hasn't been as good as the 1st and 2nd from memory, though maybe it's simply because I'm seen so many more anime since I first started this series and am a bit more critical/can only take so much BS.

The Ashirogi journey is still awesome, don't get me wrong.
Nov 10, 2022 12:11 PM

Jan 2020
Here we go with Nakai again; worst boy doing the worst things.

Oh well, Nanamine is going down hard. Tragically, terribly so even. I guess not necessarily tragically, as I don't particularly feel sympathy for him. He certainly doesn't deserve Kosugi.

Hopefully, since they're competing with the same story now, we'll get a little more breakdown on the manga side of things next episode. I want to see some drawing and panels again!

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 9, 2023 3:02 PM

Dec 2020
Ngl seeing the snow umbrella scene just makes me want to vomit, at this point the first thing that popped into my head was thinking about doing that.
Mar 29, 2:09 AM
Sep 2017
I don't know which one is dumber, that editor that try to make the manga better despite of originality issue, or writer of this show for making such a dumb character that still think it's fine to mock the publisher by writing mishmash story like that. To think they could easily solved it by talking to the higher-up about this issue instead of battling in ranking like a typical shounen is just.

Finally reached end of episode, and yeah, That editor just blew the hospital arc as the dumbest plot ever. My a** on talking that he'll take responsibility NEXT week, this is a problem that started when the manga got serialized. And now he's asking to do the same topic? what, a shock therapy? the correct shock therapy is axe him before meeting due to plagiarism (or something like that) and strictly told that guy to write his own. Imagine if Tooru's slightly smarter, this problem will still continue and people will just question every series started in the company again for letting this kind of stuff pass. I'd seriously fire Kosugi right away and put some note on how he's enabling people with no integrity running out beneath his watch (sorry for wrong english, I just don't know the right vocabulary to express my thought).

BTW this show is enjoyable, but I'm surprised on how I always got one arc that I have problem with every single season, just why.
I-yas-yesMar 29, 2:13 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

114 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 16, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.