Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2019 11:30 PM

Oct 2009
So, I've finished watching the whole thing just now and like many, it felt very confusing.

Frankly, I loved this Anime, throughout, especially the first part. The "other world" part was good but seems rushed but still enjoyed it, for what it is.

So, it begs the question, do you expect this Anime getting any type of a sequel, either another season or an OVA? Is that a potential possibility?
Oct 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2008
Watch the YU-NO (OVA), is the only thing I can tell you. A 2nd season probably won't come, just my personal opinion. By the by do you know what name they said at the last scene of ep 26, I couldn't find out the name they gave that newborn tree.
Oct 8, 2019 2:20 AM
Jan 2018
The original author died in 2011. Any sequel would be fanfiction.
Oct 8, 2019 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Personally I wish the adaption was better overall and the Isekai part not soo rushed. It needed more episodes.

I think you should also watch the OVA because it's going to be different you'll see what I mean compared to the TV series. Either way it kinda leaves a hole within me wanting to know what else happened to Yu-No and Takuya. There won't be a second season no way and what Laukku wrote. According to ANN the special episode 26.5 is about wrapping up the rest of the story. Maybe we'll get a kinda after story episode.

So in the meanwhile, if you still can't get enough there's no better way then to play the Visual Novel itself.
https://vndb.org/v1377

The remake (similarly to the TV series character design) just got released a few days ago https://store.steampowered.com/app/912450/YUNO_A_girl_who_chants_love_at_the_bound_of_this_world (uncensored unlike the Switch and PS4) which I'll be playing soon after I'm done playing another game.

Or play the original Visual Novel from 1996 (PM if you want the direct link to that if you can't find it yourself) I warn you tho it is not easy and you may frustrate yourself due to your decisions potentially could lose hours of progress if you mess up kinda like real life.

The difference is the remake omits the sexual parts and also anything that came with it plot-wise. I'm not sure if anything else has been censored.

zieek said:
By the by do you know what name they said at the last scene of ep 26, I couldn't find out the name they gave that newborn tree.

I believe the name of the tree is what the father said to Takuya. The tree of Vriranda, not sure on the spelling. As a historian he wanted to know everything from a historical point of view from how everything started but only Takuya would be able to see that together with Yu-No and he was envious of him for that.
radleOct 8, 2019 8:50 PM
Oct 13, 2019 12:46 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
radle said:

The remake (similarly to the TV series character design) just got released a few days ago https://store.steampowered.com/app/912450/YUNO_A_girl_who_chants_love_at_the_bound_of_this_world (uncensored unlike the Switch and PS4) which I'll be playing soon after I'm done playing another game.

What do you mean uncensored?
I m playing the PC version and was thinking of later on getting it for the PS4, they have removed all the nudity from the original release, what is there more to censor?
Oct 13, 2019 9:31 PM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:
I m playing the PC version and was thinking of later on getting it for the PS4, they have removed all the nudity from the original release, what is there more to censor?

Uncensored as in exactly as how the Japanese remake was released. No edited images, etc. I know that term is loosely thrown around but if these stupid companies would stop censoring games we wouldn't have to resort to such things.

The English publishers made a blog post about the Sony PS4 version was going to be censored (I can't find that article might of been a link from Reddit) and perhaps also the Nintendo Switch version might also be censored.

So if you got a Switch you may wanna get the limited edition version for a bonus game that was released in Japan over the PS4 version.

http://spike-chunsoft.com/YU-NO/8bit-adv/
https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/games/yu-no/
Oct 14, 2019 2:57 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
radle said:
Playcool said:

Uncensored as in exactly as how the Japanese remake was released. No edited images, etc. I know that term is loosely thrown around but if these stupid companies would stop censoring games we wouldn't have to resort to such things.

The English publishers made a blog post about the Sony PS4 version was going to be censored (I can't find that article might of been a link from Reddit) and perhaps also the Nintendo Switch version might also be censored.

So if you got a Switch you may wanna get the limited edition version for a bonus game that was released in Japan over the PS4 version.

http://spike-chunsoft.com/YU-NO/8bit-adv/
https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/games/yu-no/

So they censored it even further?
I finished Mio's recently, do you mean they censored stuff like the blood of Yuuki or Mitsuri corpses when he goes back in one of Mio's endings?
That is so lame, specially for the PS4 where there are way more bloody games released...
Oct 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
No. It should've been 2-3 seasons though. The VN is as long as Clannad and the other world arc is its After Story. In an ideal world, season 1 would be the prologue, Mitsuki/Eriko arc and Ayumi arc, season 2 would be the Mio, Kaori, and Kanna arcs, and season 3 would be the epilogue/other world arc.

Alas, not meant to be.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Oct 14, 2019 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:
I finished Mio's recently, do you mean they censored stuff like the blood of Yuuki or Mitsuri corpses when he goes back in one of Mio's endings?
That is so lame, specially for the PS4 where there are way more bloody games released...

All I can tell you is what the English publisher wrote on themselves.

https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/news/yu-no-localized-release-changes/ (read the PS4 part)
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/bs4vhl/censorship_yuno_will_be_censored_in_the_west_for/
https://noisypixel.net/yu-no-censored-in-the-west-ps4-switch-pc-version-uncensored/

As to the extent of the censorship I have no clue what they did. I'm only sticking to the STEAM version. So if you got a SWITCH get that one instead at least you'll get a extra game and all the goodies. With all the censorship Sony have been doing to VN's and anime related games and others it was bound to happen. I hope they lose next generation.

Maybe it'll get featured on Censored Gaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFItIX8SIs4zqhJCHpbeV1A/videos or other sites that deal with that on what was cut or censored.

If it bothers people track down the fan translation of the original Visual Novel.

bastard_of_young said:
No. It should've been 2-3 seasons though. The VN is as long as Clannad and the other world arc is its After Story. In an ideal world, season 1 would be the prologue, Mitsuki/Eriko arc and Ayumi arc, season 2 would be the Mio, Kaori, and Kanna arcs, and season 3 would be the epilogue/other world arc.

Alas, not meant to be.

I agree fully. They seem to want to get to the Isekai quick and when they got there rushed that too much to my liking. Heck, 36-38 episodes would of been alright with me not 26.
radleOct 14, 2019 9:10 PM
Oct 17, 2019 2:56 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
radle said:
Playcool said:

All I can tell you is what the English publisher wrote on themselves.

https://www.spike-chunsoft.com/news/yu-no-localized-release-changes/ (read the PS4 part)
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/bs4vhl/censorship_yuno_will_be_censored_in_the_west_for/
https://noisypixel.net/yu-no-censored-in-the-west-ps4-switch-pc-version-uncensored/

As to the extent of the censorship I have no clue what they did. I'm only sticking to the STEAM version. So if you got a SWITCH get that one instead at least you'll get a extra game and all the goodies. With all the censorship Sony have been doing to VN's and anime related games and others it was bound to happen. I hope they lose next generation.

Maybe it'll get featured on Censored Gaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFItIX8SIs4zqhJCHpbeV1A/videos or other sites that deal with that on what was cut or censored.

If it bothers people track down the fan translation of the original Visual Novel.

"Sala Oasis Scene
A sunbeam is placed over Sala’s naked lower body.
Symbols
Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced."
This kinda of censorship is pathetic, also wishing Sony fails in next gen due to that is just dumb dude, if going by that logic I could say stuff for each of them that would paint them in a negative light, we are dealing with corporations here, made of many people, and whoever is in charge of the department related to censorship just messed up.

They have been doing other retarded censorships lately so I can definitly agree something needs to change in those regards.
What they did with Yu-no feels like a joke though, there are definitly other things, images t there, that I would expect them to censor.
Oct 18, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:
"Sala Oasis Scene
Symbols
Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced."
This kinda of censorship is pathetic, also wishing Sony fails in next gen due to that is just dumb dude, if going by that logic I could say stuff for each of them that would paint them in a negative light, we are dealing with corporations here, made of many people, and whoever is in charge of the department related to censorship just messed up.

They have been doing other retarded censorships lately so I can definitly agree something needs to change in those regards.
What they did with Yu-no feels like a joke though, there are definitly other things, images t there, that I would expect them to censor.

It's not dumb to want them to fail t's my honest opinion nor do I give a shit about those who censor games I wanna play as it was intended especially when then they dictate to developers what they can and can't do on their own games especially when they mandate a rating system to publish the game on their platform. It's blatantly retarded and agenda ridden all over.

Especially when they are asking for a specific amount of worthless pieces of paper monopoly money more than two to four weeks worth of food, water, clothing and essentials for me to obtain this single luxury item they won't get my support regardless for them to get a small cut of the profit my priorities will go to saving it instead. And if I truly want said item I'll fire up a program and get it the "other" way and grab a shared copy of the game a kind soul shared even with the censorship and not feel one bit of regret despite their attempt to manipulate people that you're doing something wrong when you aren't. They have their master copy still in their possession.

Also, corporations do not give a single shit about you period. Their actions alone show this as the vast majority of them cater to are not the real fans but to casuals and their sensibilities. Heck, even for the niche they aren't the main targets as they too want the casuals despite heavily reliant on the hardcore fan base to use (and more often than not abuse). Instead of using their brains and offering something like defaulting to the censored version and in the option setting to uncensored it kinda like what Dead or Alive does but nope.

Guns and graphic violence is more tolerable to these idiots then showing the naked body of a woman. Some of the things they do is plain stupid such as reducing a females breasts while claiming to not want to demean women yet they leave out women who have big breasts as if they do not exist now got no representation.
radleOct 18, 2019 3:08 AM
Oct 18, 2019 5:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
radle said:
Playcool said:
"Sala Oasis Scene
Symbols

It's not dumb to want them to fail t's my honest opinion nor do I give a shit about those who censor games I wanna play as it was intended especially when then they dictate to developers what they can and can't do on their own games especially when they mandate a rating system to publish the game on their platform. It's blatantly retarded and agenda ridden all over.

Especially when they are asking for a specific amount of worthless pieces of paper monopoly money more than two to four weeks worth of food, water, clothing and essentials for me to obtain this single luxury item they won't get my support regardless for them to get a small cut of the profit my priorities will go to saving it instead. And if I truly want said item I'll fire up a program and get it the "other" way and grab a shared copy of the game a kind soul shared even with the censorship and not feel one bit of regret despite their attempt to manipulate people that you're doing something wrong when you aren't. They have their master copy still in their possession.

Also, corporations do not give a single shit about you period. Their actions alone show this as the vast majority of them cater to are not the real fans but to casuals and their sensibilities. Heck, even for the niche they aren't the main targets as they too want the casuals despite heavily reliant on the hardcore fan base to use (and more often than not abuse). Instead of using their brains and offering something like defaulting to the censored version and in the option setting to uncensored it kinda like what Dead or Alive does but nope.

Guns and graphic violence is more tolerable to these idiots then showing the naked body of a woman. Some of the things they do is plain stupid such as reducing a females breasts while claiming to not want to demean women yet they leave out women who have big breasts as if they do not exist now got no representation.

You are focusing on Sony... that is a problem of the WHOLE industry, I have seen Nintendo before censoring their games too, in fact in the past you never heard Sony doing something of the sort.

You focusing on Sony is turning an eye away to everyone else that did it before, blame the whole industry instead, and dont forget about the rating system, both PEGI and ESRB have come under heavy critic recently due their practises of rating games.

Noneless I still think wishing companies to fail (and if you mean by going out of business) for this, WONT solve anything, hating on them like that wont solve anything, neither are they the root of the problem here.
Oct 20, 2019 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
Playcool said:
You are focusing on Sony... that is a problem of the WHOLE industry, I have seen Nintendo before censoring their games too, in fact in the past you never heard Sony doing something of the sort.

You focusing on Sony is turning an eye away to everyone else that did it before, blame the whole industry instead, and dont forget about the rating system, both PEGI and ESRB have come under heavy critic recently due their practises of rating games.

Noneless I still think wishing companies to fail (and if you mean by going out of business) for this, WONT solve anything, hating on them like that wont solve anything, neither are they the root of the problem here.

Uh what? We talking about YU-NO and the switch version would be the second best for the notion of having an additional game. The only reason I am even talking about consoles is because it's what you are interested in obtaining.

Sony's censorship is complete bullshit and I will not support them at all. The idiots at Nintendo are only allowing some games to be uncensored because they could use the sales. The recent news on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE shows them to be full of shit. The so called rating system is complete trash since the top gaming companies are the ones running it. They are perfect fine manipulating children with gambling.

Regardless, if you want to get YU-NO on a console probably get the Switch.

Also NSFW https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2019/10/20/yu-no-western-release-censors-shapely-bottom/

Unboxing of PS4 and Switch version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRi7BbL_w0
radleOct 21, 2019 1:21 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.