Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2019 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That's right, believe in yourself Nidou!
Jul 12, 2019 1:15 AM

Mar 2010
Watanuki Chihiro has become the deity of the baseball club.
Jul 12, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
chihiro, you are goddess now to the baseball club, LMAO. also yugami interpreter.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 12, 2019 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
This is some high level mind games.
Jul 12, 2019 6:25 AM

Sep 2007
Jesus F. Christ, this series is like "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" but actually GOOD. And funnier.

(Disclaimer: I don't think "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" is bad. I'm just making a point.)
Jul 12, 2019 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
vanetz said:
Jesus F. Christ, this series is like "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" but actually GOOD. And funnier.

(Disclaimer: I don't think "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" is bad. I'm just making a point.)

Indeed. Yugami overshadows Hachiman so much. I'm only keeping Hachiman in my favourite character's list only because i put Yugami before him. Haha.
Then again, at their core those 2 characters are very different, even though both appear as lone wolves. Hachiman is quite self-sacrificial while Yugami is mentally stronger and has winning (this chapter explains this very well) mentality. In the end, Yugami stays more true to himself than Hachiman does.

As for the female characters Chihiro also comes up on top compared to the girls in "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU". Just look at the transformation Chihiro has gone through. She's a goddess now.
Jul 12, 2019 7:21 AM

Apr 2019
Chihiro is now officially the Rosetta Stone for Yugami.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Lylaaz said:
vanetz said:

Indeed. Yugami overshadows Hachiman so much. I'm only keeping Hachiman in my favourite character's list only because i put Yugami before him. Haha.
Then again, at their core those 2 characters are very different, even though both appear as lone wolves. Hachiman is quite self-sacrificial while Yugami is mentally stronger and has winning (this chapter explains this very well) mentality. In the end, Yugami stays more true to himself than Hachiman does.

As for the female characters Chihiro also comes up on top compared to the girls in "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU". Just look at the transformation Chihiro has gone through. She's a goddess now.

Yes. They are both lone wolves and take direct approach with people but in Hachiman's case it's more "I don't care if you hate me because I already hate myself" and with Yugami it's "I don't care if you hate me because your opinion is of no consequence to me". If Hachiman does something he will groan all the way through; and if Yugami does something it's because he decided to do it himself (and he's going to do it properly). I liked the scene with Rio during the 2nd school festival when he offered to help her paint the board. He just likes to paint! There's no hidden agenda or meaning!

Now that I think about, Oreki from Hyouka is actually closer to Yugami than Hachiman. He's also a self-sufficient loner who tries to avoid unnecessary social interactions, and smart to boot, but his overall energy is waaay lower than Yugami's even when he gets into something.

Edit: Also holy crap did Chihiro show amazing progress. She's probably the only person in school who can correctly interpret Yugami. He himself does not even realize how much he's been depending on her lately. Her social skills are starting to cross over into OP territory lol. I think all this interaction with Yugami has helped her learn to 'read the room' much better. Because it's not like Yugami can't do it, he just straight up does not care.
vanetzJul 12, 2019 12:07 PM
Jul 12, 2019 2:00 PM

Mar 2010
vanetz said:
Lylaaz said:

Yes. They are both lone wolves and take direct approach with people but in Hachiman's case it's more "I don't care if you hate me because I already hate myself" and with Yugami it's "I don't care if you hate me because your opinion is of no consequence to me". If Hachiman does something he will groan all the way through; and if Yugami does something it's because he decided to do it himself (and he's going to do it properly). I liked the scene with Rio during the 2nd school festival when he offered to help her paint the board. He just likes to paint! There's no hidden agenda or meaning!

Now that I think about, Oreki from Hyouka is actually closer to Yugami than Hachiman. He's also a self-sufficient loner who tries to avoid unnecessary social interactions, and smart to boot, but his overall energy is waaay lower than Yugami's even when he gets into something.

Edit: Also holy crap did Chihiro show amazing progress. She's probably the only person in school who can correctly interpret Yugami. He himself does not even realize how much he's been depending on her lately. Her social skills are starting to cross over into OP territory lol. I think all this interaction with Yugami has helped her learn to 'read the room' much better. Because it's not like Yugami can't do it, he just straight up does not care.

Exactly :)
Nice Oreki / Yugami comparison, I agree with it. I haven't seen Hyouka in ages so I haven't really thought about it before. However, as for Oreki, I felt that his character was not that much explained like Yugami's character is. Maybe that's why Yugami feels more complete/consistent to me. Not to mention the whole manga is mostly about figuring Yugami out while Hyouka had totally different goals, mysteries and etc :D

Yup, it's amazing how much Chihiro has improved thanks to all the events and communicating with Yugami. YUgami has given so many reading the room examples to her :D Also this chapter explained her ability to make people talk to her because of her ill-free acceptable pure nature. So she actually has an ability to help/listen out not only Yugami but others as well. But indeed, Yugami needs such a person in his life and I hope he will recognise it one day.

Jul 12, 2019 3:18 PM
Mar 2015
Chihro actually understands Yugami
Jul 12, 2019 6:29 PM

Jun 2015
GODDESSSSS...!!!!!!!! holy noises

Chihiro is truly one among others who can understand Yugami. Although she kinda sugarcoated it, but she is nonetheless successfully translated Yugami's word. What a bliss..

And back then I almost dropped this manga because Chihiro's character is too weak for the story. But now she is undoubtedly very strong for the story and how she and Yugami can progress onward. Thank God I didn't drop this.
YosepRAJul 12, 2019 6:40 PM
Jul 31, 2020 3:21 AM
Jun 2015
Totally loved this chapter, Chihiro is awesome :D she looked so cute in the title cover, with Yugami behind her with a gun, wow....
Aug 2, 2020 6:39 AM

Feb 2018
Yugami have weakness? Oh shit. I believe on you Nidou

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IZUMI64 - Aug 24, 2019

50 by Lylaaz »»
Jun 26, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 24 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 11, 2018

2 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 16, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

9 by Joel77 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 80 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

12 by FarCritical »»
Jun 30, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 79 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

11 by FarCritical »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.