Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 28, 2019 12:53 AM
Feb 2019
I kinda like this show, I mean this anime was so logic.
My point is:
1. MC doesn't give any shit. You are strong then you can fight the stronger enemy, you love a woman then confess (no need for too much drama).
2. All the side character was well balanced, I know there's not much story about them, but more importantly, i can easily recognize all of them and their skill in my memory.
3. The main enemy is so smart. You are not strong enough then you'll be come with another plan (I bet he still got something behind), i like that kind of enemy. Plus, you have the reason to become an evil.

I know this is Isekai. But, everything what happen in this show was pretty basic and logic, nothing complicated. I wish my next Isekai woulld be like this. I can understand there's still so much question but i'll be looking forward for the next season. What is the reason to hate an anime as long as it enjoyable?!
Wasting time? Who is actually wasting their time more than someone who still keep up with an anime despite they don't like it just to speak up their dissatisfaction in the last episode? Just drop it sooner, so you'll not waste your pricey time.
anodasinJun 28, 2019 1:39 AM
Jun 28, 2019 2:22 AM
Jan 2017
it's beyond pathetic that people praise Saitama that is overpower and praised by anyone that knows his capabilities but this protagonist is hated so much for being overpowered and praised by those that knows his capabilities. don't get me started for those criticizing it negatively for being power fantasy, isekai, etc. this genre has been established by now. get over it and move on manbabies. the elitism has destroyed your god damn brain cells you freaking losers.
SapiaNt0mataJun 28, 2019 2:58 AM
Jun 28, 2019 4:51 AM
Aug 2018
SapiaNt0mata said:
it's beyond pathetic that people praise Saitama that is overpower and praised by anyone that knows his capabilities but this protagonist is hated so much for being overpowered and praised by those that knows his capabilities. don't get me started for those criticizing it negatively for being power fantasy, isekai, etc. this genre has been established by now. get over it and move on manbabies. the elitism has destroyed your god damn brain cells you freaking losers.

Google "parody" then come back to us. Better yet look up its synonyms. If you consider that elitism then public or maybe even private education has failed you. Stay in your lane.
Jun 28, 2019 5:41 AM

Apr 2018
Finally this is over. Bad animations, cringy jokes, bad story telling. Well it did entertained me a little
Jun 28, 2019 6:46 AM

Feb 2012
Fuuuuuck they're really pushing that final episode for another season. They really want a season 2. It's funny that they almost touched on a serious note at the end there... but then just went ahead and trashed it immediately.

I want to see some real character development. Like maybe blue haired girl grows to hate Shin or becomes traumatised or SOMETHING. Seriously. ANYTHING.

I made a post a few episodes in talking about how it would be amazing if they did a bait and switch and the show turned into a serious story about the horrors of war and having the power to cut through armies, etc, etc.

But no... instead we got exactly what we were expecting. This show had NO twist at all. Maybe I'm getting jaded because I'm sure I used to love this kind of show. Once you've seen it 100x, it starts to get a bit old.

So either this show is just generally so generic that it's become bad, or I'm becoming too mature to enjoy it.

6/10, would not watch again. 5 for managing to make me watch till the end and 1 for the decent animation quality.

Finally,
elementex said:
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.
ekat361 said:
yes I did. why are you saying that
elementex said:

you didn't even watch it

How much are they paying you, elementex? You dirty shill. I honestly laughed so hard at this. You have to be 15 years old or something.
Zei33Jun 28, 2019 6:54 AM
Jun 28, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
SapiaNt0mata said:

Google "parody" then come back to us. Better yet look up its synonyms. If you consider that elitism then public or maybe even private education has failed you. Stay in your lane.

Parody or not who cares? If you think Kenja No Mago is taking itself 100 percent seriously then get some help.
Jun 28, 2019 10:38 AM
Aug 2018
elementex said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

Parody or not who cares? If you think Kenja No Mago is taking itself 100 percent seriously then get some help.

I'm still waiting to hear you reply to @Zei33 about how much they are paying you.
Jun 28, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 2019
Zei33 said:
Fuuuuuck they're really pushing that final episode for another season. They really want a season 2. It's funny that they almost touched on a serious note at the end there... but then just went ahead and trashed it immediately.

I want to see some real character development. Like maybe blue haired girl grows to hate Shin or becomes traumatised or SOMETHING. Seriously. ANYTHING.

I made a post a few episodes in talking about how it would be amazing if they did a bait and switch and the show turned into a serious story about the horrors of war and having the power to cut through armies, etc, etc.

But no... instead we got exactly what we were expecting. This show had NO twist at all. Maybe I'm getting jaded because I'm sure I used to love this kind of show. Once you've seen it 100x, it starts to get a bit old.

So either this show is just generally so generic that it's become bad, or I'm becoming too mature to enjoy it.

6/10, would not watch again. 5 for managing to make me watch till the end and 1 for the decent animation quality.

Finally,
elementex said:
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.
ekat361 said:
yes I did. why are you saying that

How much are they paying you, elementex? You dirty shill. I honestly laughed so hard at this. You have to be 15 years old or something.

Idk, why do you think death march is better than this? The world may never know.
Jun 28, 2019 1:03 PM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

I'm still waiting to hear you reply to @Zei33 about how much they are paying you.

Lets just say I made your whole year in a week
Jun 28, 2019 3:23 PM
Jul 2009
I think the show was enjoyable to watch, I mean this show wasn’t that bad from the start. I love Isekai genre as much as the others put together, saying this anime is bad in my opinion is incorrect, I seen much worse like Death March which fell flat down on its face for having a bland storytelling and characters or Shichisei no Subaru have the worst story aspects to tell just another SAO and a bit of Anohana into it, the story was terrible and characters are so forgettable also the flashbacks didn’t make any sense during the adventure. Comparing those two to this, Kenja no Mago is better written and if I have to make another choice for a good isekai like Reincarnation of a Slime or No Game, No Life just naming a couple here are miles better than them. I’m just saying this, Kenja no Mago isn’t the worse one out of the bunch, I like it a lot but have to say they scraped some scenes in some episode like later when it was progressing the story, just reading the manga it’s a bit better than the anime. Despite the MC is OP getting tired of that really, I didn’t mind the characters all that much, they’re all likable have no problem with that. Overall I’ll give a 7/10 and I’m being generous too also I would love to see a 2nd season as well too.
TrinityHaremJun 28, 2019 3:38 PM
Jun 28, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Man, I wish Shin Wolford were to tell them that he's from another world, a much more advanced one.
Jun 28, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good ending, it was a good run.
I wanted to see a fight between Shin and that girl but this time till the end xD

The anime is pretty good and i am glad i watched it.
6-7/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 28, 2019 9:09 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

Lets just say I made your whole year in a week

Via the same system that created "President Trump"? No, thank you.
Jun 28, 2019 9:25 PM
Jan 2016
Pretty good ending!

Miria was really powerfull, defeating others From Ultimate Magicians, i wanted to see more of their fight, but she run away!

Sicily crying because not being able to save the woman's husband was painful, but she managed to keep him alive until Shin arrive!

The moment between Ellie and August was really cute!

Overall, of couse this isn't the best isekai, but i really loved it in someways, it was simple and really enjoyable to watch, all character were nice, the growup of Shin and Sicily relationship was really beautiful, and the comedy of this show was really nice! I would like to see a second season, cause it was an open end, and i am curious to see more about this, and more Shin and Sicily's moments, same for August and Ellie!

8 out of 10!
Jun 29, 2019 3:16 AM
Oct 2016
Anime adapted 3 volumes of Light Novel
Jun 29, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
Eh? That was it? Are we getting a season 2? If not, I'm OK with it...moving on.

I wished they would expand on his magic, and what makes it unique in that world, probably a memory of logical processes (from his past life?) involved in his construction, manipulation and deconstruction of that world's magical principles. Even grandpa can do "his" magic like the gate but they can't come up with anything new or significantly more effective or efficient (speechless spell casting) than he could. Aside from that everything was pretty generic, it was meh. 5/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 29, 2019 7:41 AM

Jun 2011
now i know why this is rated so low.. this feels like a low budget production, poor action sequence, rushed pacing, terrible voice acting, and poor animation during fight scene by cutting corners.

It was looking really promising when the protagonist was introduced as a genius, but then the series is pretty much a lot of huge energy blast, there's not enough variety in it. It's also disappointing that the protagonist was made to show off in front of everyone by the writer but is oblivious to it, like when he's adjusting his technique in the training camp and everyone was left dumbfounded.. it was supposed to be a lesson, not for you to show off.. if that was the first or second time he's oblivious to the fact that whatever he's doing is impressive then it's alright, but it's not. It was really cringy.

The romance is also so bad.. there's barely any development and they want to marry each other already.. :l Sicily is also really annoying. I can't take moe type like her well. When it got dramatic this episode when she failed to save the guy, that moment was really annoying. Shouldn't she be happy that he got saved, rather than being emotional over nothing..

the show also doesn't know whether it wants to be a parody- sort of, or a serious one.. there's a severe lack of tension with the "ultimate magicians" fooling around when they're in battle, but no one died even so.. it's really obnoxious when the red haired keep going on about wanting to have a boyfriend, or the blond chibi rage at being called a kid / having small chest, or the lightning megane girl keep on exploding in her own face. :l

I know now why someone asked me to just read the manga instead.. this anime would've been worth it if the production value is high, great action sequence/animation and great voice acting, unfortunately that's not the case. The voice acting is very amateurish and at times downright horrendous. The action animation look really awkward having a weird camera angle that captured absolutely nothing crucial.. smh

oh yea and most of this anime have very low to no impact at all.. you want an emotional scene? Hell yea we're speeding through it and get a joke through in less than 3, 2, 1 sec.. you want to feel the weigh of a moment? We're skipping to the next scene in the next second.. there's barely any moment to breathe and absorb the moments properly.

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2019 9:01 AM

Apr 2017
This show is by no means a 'good' adaptation. However, I enjoyed this a lot more than some other isekai shows like Death March or Isekai wa Smartphone. The anime's not bad whatsoever, it's just lacking some good elements. 7/10 just because I enjoyed it.
Jun 29, 2019 1:22 PM

Dec 2016
Good episode ?? and they just had to do that Shin did not feel too OP compared to the enemies, so there was some struggle and tension? Who Knew?!? ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯

But in the end I liked this episode, the only problem is that Shin saved this guy, if he died Sicily would have a better motivation to become stronger.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 29, 2019 6:00 PM

Jun 2013
This is the kind of series that panders to audience members who love your generic isekai series. The problem is, after the first episode, you forget it's an isekai because Shin loses all qualities of a typical isekai character. He rarely mentions anything from his previous life or applies it in the world where he was reincarnated in. It ended up being a ridiculous fantasy show with regurgitated tropes, zero originality, forgettable characters who are all one-dimensional and don't progress from their initial introduction, predictable and boring plot, unnecessary romantic moments which could have been used to instead further the story and give it depth, etc.

This series is worth nothing more than a 1/10. Believe it or not, I gave it a 7 which I do with most series in the beginning but this just got worse and worse. I did my best to find something good with it. I watched each episode twice to see finer details that I could have missed but nah, it was just awful.

We all enjoy different things. I don't care if anyone gives this series a perfect 10/10. That is their prerogative. Different folks means different strokes. This tried to stroke me but I didn't climax.
่‡ญใ„-
Jun 29, 2019 6:19 PM
Apr 2019
Bibimbapski said:
This is the kind of series that panders to audience members who love your generic isekai series. The problem is, after the first episode, you forget it's an isekai because Shin loses all qualities of a typical isekai character. He rarely mentions anything from his previous life or applies it in the world where he was reincarnated in. It ended up being a ridiculous fantasy show with regurgitated tropes, zero originality, forgettable characters who are all one-dimensional and don't progress from their initial introduction, predictable and boring plot, unnecessary romantic moments which could have been used to instead further the story and give it depth, etc.

This series is worth nothing more than a 1/10. Believe it or not, I gave it a 7 which I do with most series in the beginning but this just got worse and worse. I did my best to find something good with it. I watched each episode twice to see finer details that I could have missed but nah, it was just awful.

We all enjoy different things. I don't care if anyone gives this series a perfect 10/10. That is their prerogative. Different folks means different strokes. This tried to stroke me but I didn't climax.

You clearly didn’t watch the show, he mentioned his previous life many times. The entire reason he is op is because of his scientific knowledge from our world. Not to mention all of his inventions like the bidet, the phone, the megaphone, the treadmill. And he uses kanji to hack the enchantment system.
Jun 29, 2019 9:17 PM
Jan 2017
the story at first quite interesting for genius kid who have great magic power.
and at last episode there a epic fight again the devil, but its to boring whole the season. and for the power is not logic like unlimited for magic without source. i know he came from another world and the grandson from the legend. but its too boring for this show..
6/10
Jun 29, 2019 10:50 PM
May 2019
CritiasBG said:
tiwibo said:

He would just "This anime > Everything else I'm sewrious LUL"
tiwibo said:

He would just "This anime > Everything else I'm sewrious LUL"

I mean i just saw his list and he rated Dororo with 1 and Kenja no mago with 10 so that explains everything xD
Dude your taking this so seriously everyone has different taste in anime but you going off at this guy for how he rates an anime geez such a dick
Jun 29, 2019 11:09 PM

Sep 2017
u are a bit late to the party bud
Jun 30, 2019 1:11 AM

Nov 2017
Yay this anime now has a final score on MAL that's higher than Smartphone, Unlimited Fafnir, and Hyakuren.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 30, 2019 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
What a wonderful ride i really loved it. it seems the true journey of "Ultimate Magician" :'D just about to begin. I'm curious with Oliveira and Miria baby at the end, it seems they want to create an offspring that purely come from Demonized Human.
All of couples flying in pair in then end :3,and Aug got blushed by Ellie, after doin lots of teasing to Shin finally Aug got his karma lol.That MerlinxMelinda moments in the end tho haha, got ruined by them("Ultimate Magician").

Hmmm... as i expected how the adaptation'll be concluded with "that" since it just adapted into 12 episodes.
TBH at first i just interested on the adorable main couples after saw the glimpse of trailer and read synopsis from the source. It turn out to be Amazing for me with the setting it gave like real knowledge adaptation to magic creation and magic enhancement in equipment, the character design and skill animation were also truly beautiful.
Well i didn't quite immerse into that so called what isekai,tensei troupe that has been going on recently since i'm rarely watching isekai's too. I'm more into pure fantasy, for me it'll be great if Shin wasn't a reincarnated human in another world and just born in that world like usual fantasy. but, whatever i still liked this one with isekaish thingy.

I also liked the way they put some side character couples and ships beside ShinxSicily, There's also lotsa adorable and cute moments in them especially ShinxSicily one. and don't forget too with some Heartwarming Family and Friends bonding in it. Other than that i also liked some lighthearted joke and funny gang they had.

It seems they still a long road for this story to be ended, i expect a lot of great things from it, honestly i really hoped for 2nd season if the source is already suffice for to be adapted. Well as for now i think i just read the source to keep up maybe some few things that being left out in anime.

This really great, loved it, thank you for the great works Yoshioka-sensei.
It'll be 10/10 for me

r16fourarmJun 30, 2019 6:42 AM
Jun 30, 2019 8:11 AM
Dec 2017
Ehurvaks said:
Yay this anime now has a final score on MAL that's higher than Smartphone, Unlimited Fafnir, and Hyakuren.

Those are some REALLY low benchmarks though.
Jun 30, 2019 9:38 AM
Aug 2018
Acro23 said:
Ehurvaks said:

Those are some REALLY low benchmarks though.

Hey, the anime's "quality"(or lack thereof) already speaks for itself, we should let them have this one.
Jun 30, 2019 12:22 PM
Apr 2019
Ehurvaks said:

Since when do anime get a final score? I have seen plenty of anime that ended a long time ago have their scores change recently
Jun 30, 2019 9:39 PM

Mar 2012
i loved the first episode, but then... what the hell happened?
everything's a bit too mediocre production wise, but good storytelling could save it easily and it just sank it deeper.
the last episode was so bad, i don't even remember what happened, just sizilien - or whatever is her name - crying and that demon lady touching her stomach like she's pregnant. i'm still thinking what the fuck.
Jul 1, 2019 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
it's a meh anime that has the most generic and basic isekai would have, op main character, has attention of a girl etc...
5/10
It could be 7/10 if it had more than 12 episodes, anime like this should have more episodes or cut the team build up as in this 12 episodes we saw main character in his previous life, bit in his childhood, then some school, now he formed a group of power rangers that fights evil for kingdom and they fly off to the sky. The End.
UiaiJul 1, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 1, 2019 8:48 AM
Aug 2018
Ehurvaks said:

You may have spoke too soon.
elementex said:
Ehurvaks said:

Since when do anime get a final score? I have seen plenty of anime that ended a long time ago have their scores change recently

I guess you were right.
Jul 1, 2019 8:53 AM

Mar 2012
Really liked this anime even with all it's generic cliches. It was really cute and entertaining enough. I appreciate it for not trying to be edgy and keeping it simple. 7/10.
Jul 1, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
Bibimbapski said:

First of all, I don't blame you if you forgot about the first episode, that was a while ago, but the dude was reincarnated into this world as a baby with his memory in tact, I don't think there's any reason to keep thinking about an old world when you've lived 15+ years in a new one. But he has on multiple occasions brought back various items from his old world for use such as the treadmill and megaphone.

That being said though I have to agree with you on most of your points, this was pretty trashy for most of the run. But I do like that they've shown that others are capable of getting closer to MC's level with the right training and having an actual relationship for once rather than a trash harem felt pretty okay on one hand, but the actual relationship was meh through and through.

...But it was better than the one where a dude brought a cell phone to another world.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 2, 2019 12:47 AM

Nov 2017
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Ehurvaks said:

You may have spoke too soon.
elementex said:

I guess you were right.

Kenja no Mago score : 6.97
Isekai Smartphone : 6.70
Juuou Mujin : 6.40
Hyakuren no Haou : 6.07

What do you mean by "I spoke too soon?" XD
Any score close to 7.00 or above is good enough for a Light Novel anime, but any LN anime close to 6.5 or below is quite mediocre for a LN anime.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jul 2, 2019 12:52 AM

Nov 2017
DuoraDoll said:
Bibimbapski said:

First of all, I don't blame you if you forgot about the first episode, that was a while ago, but the dude was reincarnated into this world as a baby with his memory in tact, I don't think there's any reason to keep thinking about an old world when you've lived 15+ years in a new one. But he has on multiple occasions brought back various items from his old world for use such as the treadmill and megaphone.

That being said though I have to agree with you on most of your points, this was pretty trashy for most of the run. But I do like that they've shown that others are capable of getting closer to MC's level with the right training and having an actual relationship for once rather than a trash harem felt pretty okay on one hand, but the actual relationship was meh through and through.

...But it was better than the one where a dude brought a cell phone to another world.

A dude who brought his cell phone to another world ? Which one are you referring to ? Isekai Smartphone or Hyakuren no Haou ?

Jul 2, 2019 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
Ehurvaks said:
DuoraDoll said:

A dude who brought his cell phone to another world ? Which one are you referring to ? Isekai Smartphone or Hyakuren no Haou ?

HM... I was talking about Isekai Smartphone... didn't realize there was two of them... But if Hyakuren was the one where two people fought on horse back while the horses stood still I might have dodged a bullet on that second one.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 2, 2019 9:32 PM
Mar 2015
Shin is certainly a cockblock to old magicians
Jul 2, 2019 9:36 PM
Jan 2019
Okay, I admit, it was a good ending. I liked.
It's true, they beat up the Ultimate Magicians, but for Shin, at least one of the members would have died, but he arrived just in time. They need to learn to improve their physical combat skills.
Ray! Shin's magic, apparently, Shin's magic has no limits. Well, he trained for many years, but it is still amazing that after fighting with the demonoids he had magic to spare to heal a mortal wound. He has magical skills, battle, defense, healing, as well as being skilled in armed combat and melee. This guy can do it all, and it goes without saying that he got the girl before finishing the anime ๐Ÿ˜…. Nosborn, that galán.jpg.
It is to be admired that she made Sicily understand that the help she offered to the wounded was not in vain.

August and Shin, they are synchronized. "Protect the world"? In a way, that ideal exceeded my expectations. August acts like a true prince and future king ๐Ÿ‘. And Shin, then, acts like a true hero.
I was surprised that Merlin and Merida accept Shin's decision to travel the world so easily. That shows how much they trust him.

And speaking of Miria, ... that woman is incredibly strong, she beat them up. Maybe it was an adventuress or soldier in the past. And ... Are you pregnant ?! QUE?!. Strochm is looking for procreation among demonoids. If that is true, this race will soon expand. That's crazy!.

In short, it was an open end and gives way to a Second Season. Honestly, although it was criticized by many, this was one of my favorite anime and I consider it one of the 10 best of this season, although I admit that it lacked emotion to the plot and depth to some characters ๐Ÿ˜…. Well, it did not stop being fun and entertaining, and exciting in some moments. I think his strong point was romantic comedy.
I hope that if they do a second season there will be a lot more action ๐Ÿ˜.
It was a pleasure to follow this anime with you.

Score: 7/10
Jul 3, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2018
I definitely easyly forgot this anime
Jul 4, 2019 1:03 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This anime could have been at least an easier to swallow dry chunk of chicken breast if the characters were a good enough sauce. Instead the characters were just a bunch of salt. Do you know how useless a bunch of salt is on a dry chunk of chicken breast? Go try it. Don't drink any water with it either. This anime didn't allow us water so neither will your dry, salty meal.

There were maybe a few good points of this anime, mostly relating to Oliver. Everything else was just a bowl of stale chips when you're at a restaurant with some dude sitting at the table next to you happily snacking on them as if they're good, looking at you funny like you're the one with the problem. And then you just keep hearing them make that disgusting, stale chip snapping sound and he keeps saying, "AGGGGH THEY'RE SO GOOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE'S COMPLAINING ABOUT THESE CHIPS" like MAN.

Tch, look. This anime got me all unimpressed, making food comparisons.

I actually had slightly okay hopes too. I was ready. I went in not thinking it'd be bad or good. I was so open. Stale chips and a dry, salt-covered chunk of chicken breast.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 4, 2019 11:53 AM
Apr 2019
Swiggy said:
This anime could have been at least an easier to swallow dry chunk of chicken breast if the characters were a good enough sauce. Instead the characters were just a bunch of salt. Do you know how useless a bunch of salt is on a dry chunk of chicken breast? Go try it. Don't drink any water with it either. This anime didn't allow us water so neither will your dry, salty meal.

There were maybe a few good points of this anime, mostly relating to Oliver. Everything else was just a bowl of stale chips when you're at a restaurant with some dude sitting at the table next to you happily snacking on them as if they're good, looking at you funny like you're the one with the problem. And then you just keep hearing them make that disgusting, stale chip snapping sound and he keeps saying, "AGGGGH THEY'RE SO GOOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE'S COMPLAINING ABOUT THESE CHIPS" like MAN.

Tch, look. This anime got me all unimpressed, making food comparisons.

I actually had slightly okay hopes too. I was ready. I went in not thinking it'd be bad or good. I was so open. Stale chips and a dry, salt-covered chunk of chicken breast.

The anime was great, just wasn’t your thing
Jul 5, 2019 7:09 AM
Mar 2017
meh! But those boobs is wonderful

8/10
Jul 5, 2019 11:52 AM
Mar 2018
Unlike most, I didn't hate this episode. I thought that the fight with Miria was necessary for the ultimate magicians since they had begun to get complacent and cocky about their strength. However, the ending felt more like a beginning than an actual ending.

The show was generic and barely had anything to be excited about but I have to give a thumbs up because it was not a harem like the majority of anime in the isekai genre.
Jul 5, 2019 2:48 PM
Apr 2019
Top 5 isekai rankings

1 kenja no mago
2 shield hero
3 konosuba
4 re zero
5 no game no life
Jul 5, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
This isn't a bad anime. It just depends on individual ppl's tastes.

Since there are already multitudes of Isekai anime, so much, they even had that side-anime to do parodies with Isekai characters...

As for this anime, Story wise, it's not bad. I liked the lay-back style of this Isekai over some others "way too serious" Isekais.

Such as the rank ppls posted up there (multiple times in this thread...)

My would be

1 Konosuba
2 no game no life
3 kenja no mago
4 shield hero
5 re zero

Konosuba is a very non-serious Isekai that literally focuses on the comedy aspects. So it's more fun to watch.

No game no life was great to watch, tho it does get boring from time to time, especially when they try to do some comedy and it just turns awkward. I do like the idea of using games to win things. Just not so much where it literally harass certain characters.

Kenja no Mago as said, it's not bad, the story is pretty good. The problem with this anime is that the "romantic" aspect can get really awkward at times. I kinda wish they would have focused more on MC using knowledge from "our world" to come up with more stuff.

Shield Hero is kinda blah to me, especially at the early episodes... I literally had to skim through the episodes because it got too annoying watching it. (IE: skim it using keyboard arrow key to fast forward web videos by 5 second per click)

Re Zero is even more blah really... it's not really that good to watch unless you're really bored or is into certain female characters. (which is mainly what most ppls knows about this series instead of the actual series, lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 5, 2019 9:04 PM
Apr 2019
amlg said:
This isn't a bad anime. It just depends on individual ppl's tastes.

Since there are already multitudes of Isekai anime, so much, they even had that side-anime to do parodies with Isekai characters...

As for this anime, Story wise, it's not bad. I liked the lay-back style of this Isekai over some others "way too serious" Isekais.

Such as the rank ppls posted up there (multiple times in this thread...)

My would be

1 Konosuba
2 no game no life
3 kenja no mago
4 shield hero
5 re zero

Konosuba is a very non-serious Isekai that literally focuses on the comedy aspects. So it's more fun to watch.

No game no life was great to watch, tho it does get boring from time to time, especially when they try to do some comedy and it just turns awkward. I do like the idea of using games to win things. Just not so much where it literally harass certain characters.

Kenja no Mago as said, it's not bad, the story is pretty good. The problem with this anime is that the "romantic" aspect can get really awkward at times. I kinda wish they would have focused more on MC using knowledge from "our world" to come up with more stuff.

Shield Hero is kinda blah to me, especially at the early episodes... I literally had to skim through the episodes because it got too annoying watching it. (IE: skim it using keyboard arrow key to fast forward web videos by 5 second per click)

Re Zero is even more blah really... it's not really that good to watch unless you're really bored or is into certain female characters. (which is mainly what most ppls knows about this series instead of the actual series, lol)

Crazy that we have the same top 5 just in a different order
Jul 5, 2019 9:52 PM

Nov 2017
Anyone still remember the Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai anime ๏ผŸ

Jul 6, 2019 7:58 AM

Aug 2015
I want a sequel!! Very nice.
Jul 6, 2019 10:43 AM
Jan 2016
I did not really care whether this series is generic, forgettable character and so on as I rated anime series based on my amusement so 7/10 from me
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

84 by FaiziTheGreat »»
Sep 21, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

121 by Liam_AT »»
Jul 17, 1:12 PM

» Why is this Anime ranked soooo bad?

nitneuq333 - May 18, 2021

48 by Mashadaar »»
Jun 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.