Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2018 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Surprised dat she choosed Brian to take her place

These girls are really desperate for sweets.

Gold's outfit lol

Jan 1, 2019 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
I hope we get to see them again some time. Also I hope the game comes soon I've been wating a lot for it.

I couldn't stop thinking that BNW was black n' white, all the time.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jun 20, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
Nice to see Biwa Hayahide get that win at the end. I'd been wanting to see more of her since she appeared in the TV show. I'd hoped and expected that this OVA would focus on the trio in their professional careers, so it was disappointing that the actual focus was a school publicity event subject to interruption by trains; that the main conflict was one of them being very unprofessional; and, most of all, that BNW could barely even be considered main characters until close to the end.

Still a fun follow-up to an amazing series. I might feel excessively harsh toward Narita Taishin because I recently watched a much better loss/comeback arc in Hajime no Ippo.
Jun 22, 2019 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Gold Ship stole the show in these specials, she was hilarious
was lowkey hoped she would ruin the BNW final stretch in the single race and won herself XD
Aug 11, 2019 4:30 PM

Mar 2013
I was halfway expecting it to be a three-way tie between BNW, but I'm glad that they didn't repeat that again after the eighteen-way tie from the Winter Dream Cup(I'm also glad Gold Ship lost becuase Trainer-san deserves a break every now and again). And it's nice to see Urara win in some capacity; apparently she(and the mare she's named after) has never won a single race.
Aug 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
Sweetsu! Sweetsu! Sweetsu! Sweetsu!/10

absolutely loved these OVAs.
Sep 7, 2019 10:16 AM

Aug 2012

This 3-part OVA was excellent, i really want a second season now!
Apr 7, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Fairly typical fare from these OVAs, but hindered by the fact that I didn't care at all about the BNW trio, their conflict or anything of the sort. With more than three episodes and a less contrived conflict, I could probably get invested in them as characters, but there's too little time for that here so it kinda falls flat. Even more so when the initial reason for the conflict still isn't entirely clear by the end of these specials. The technicalities to deny any of them winning and stop them all from getting sweets was an incredibly stupid end result for the race too. Despite all that, the general entertainment value from the show was still there, so it was still fun to watch nonetheless.

6/10. Looking forward to starting season 2 tomorrow after watching the shorts.
AtavisticApr 7, 2021 12:47 PM
May 8, 2021 12:55 AM

Jan 2017
I enjoyed this relay race way more than the actual races in the main show. Was kinda puzzled how Gold Ship suddenly became first after straying off-course and glad it became the punchline at the end of the race xD

Decent comeback arc for Taishin and the trio racing together again really oozes the comfort feeling
Jun 23, 2022 2:02 PM
Mar 2019
I wanted Gold Ship to win.
I have a soft spot for El Condor Pasa, even though she rarely appeared in these.
These 3 episodes concentrating on lesser characters were Good to watch.
Apr 5, 2023 4:03 AM

Feb 2020
The delay race was such a failure. All the teams got disqualified by a different reasons. Pretty amusing conclusion to be honest. Poor Gold Ship, lol. She took a shortcut by an accident.

It was nice how Brian took Biwa's place in the race. Their bond is really heartwarming. <3

Congratulations Biwa Hayahide for winning the Osaka Hai race! :)

So, I guess the girls didn't get any sweets in the end. :(

Overall, this were a very good and funny specials. Pretty much as enjoyable as the main series.
Jun 2, 2023 6:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Relay race turned out as a mess because of Spica's fault, even Scarlet get lost there lmao.

Gold Ship still a comedy gold no matter what's status she shouldered on the last race. I expect Naritachi to win. But well, looks like the relay race outcome exchange to those race, which honestly not a bad idea considering all that happens to her and the effort she did to reunite the BMW title.

7/10. Really looking forward for the 3rd season.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 2, 2023 10:45 PM
Dec 2019
I always Uma so I got no bias about it
Oct 16, 2023 3:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well the relay race definitely didn’t go the way I thought it would with Team Spica members causing it to be a bust and Biwa Hayahide getting sick but it was still a very fun race with lots of different horse girls getting a moment to shine, as well as Oguri Cap eating like a champ lol. The last race of the episode I wasn’t expecting either, but I did really like seeing the BNW trio race for real after their drama ended, and Taishin actually ended up winning which was nice to see. The bit with Gold Ship having a late start was funny too lol, and I saw some folks saying this is based on irl too which of course it is lol, more reasons to love Gold Ship, Gold City was cute too but she’s sadly not the main character of this arc lol. And lastly both the insert song and ED were nice for this last episode, really liked both of them.

And that was the end of this short OVA, took me a bit to get to this final episode but I got here lol, Fall season anime kept me busy as well as the usual spooky goodness of October. I still don’t fully understand the drama between the BNW trio, but I really liked the three of them as well as all the shenanigans that occurred in this OVA so I’m glad they got some focus, in a series with so many characters it’s nice to see. I’ll definitely be checking out the next short series that came out earlier this year sometime soon since Season 3 is currently airing, and I’m ngl watching this OVA kinda made me want to rewatch Seasons 1 and 2 so we’ll see if I end up doing that as well lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - BNW no Chikai Episode 1 Discussion

TaichouSenpai - Dec 29, 2018

12 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 25, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - BNW no Chikai Episode 2 Discussion

TaichouSenpai - Dec 29, 2018

7 by badabass »»
Jun 1, 2023 11:56 PM

» Where

apep23 - Jan 12, 2019

12 by _KillDron_ »»
Nov 1, 2019 3:14 AM

» Hope for a complete translation is here!

Krishna_Reddy - Mar 22, 2019

0 by Krishna_Reddy »»
Mar 22, 2019 5:37 PM

» Special Episode

SaberDestiny - May 21, 2018

4 by LONZITO »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.