Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 2019 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
In my opinion it's a really interesting anime. Animation is really decent. Plot is interesting. MC is pretty cool. How come this has 6.6 rating while Kenja no Mago that's really average gets 7.3. What do people dislike about this show ?
May 27, 2019 12:48 AM

Oct 2018
Episode 5 most likely, a lot of people were hating that episode.
May 27, 2019 1:21 AM

May 2018
I don't quite understand either. Most of the episodes have been interesting, humorous, or questioned conventional ethics.

However, the two MCs ought to be fleshed out more. I still don't know much about Zero at all, and the information we have on Inyou is limited.
May 27, 2019 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
For me it's just as bad as kenja no mago
May 27, 2019 11:13 AM

Jan 2019
I think this is a weird brainstorming about what is a good or bad or mediocre anime all across MAL. The crowd likes a Lot of mediocre as I see #1 + #2 khm....
But it's in the air, I mean it's the same with movies or music too. Btw Magmel is a fine (6) anime to me. Just compared to the overrated animes ( and there is a Lot of them) it looks like this is a bad rating, I say it's one of the most accurate, but ther are tons of 7+ animes and most of them are not deserve it. So don't be mad, just go on and enjoy it! Your gain, their loss.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
May 28, 2019 6:51 AM
Oct 2018
No plot
filler first few episodes
shit side character
Trash adaptation
May 28, 2019 8:28 AM
Oct 2017
The first episode was so promising, but now there's no progress in the story, we're going nowhere, the same stuff, it's getting boring.. Also, it's said the anime is a total waste of a great manga..
May 28, 2019 9:16 AM

May 2012
I did like early episode, but it started to get worse

I personally would not rate it more than 6/10 unless it gets betters
May 28, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
Because it's garbage?!
May 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
What plot are you talking about?
May 29, 2019 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
Momentay said:
I think this is a weird brainstorming about what is a good or bad or mediocre anime all across MAL. The crowd likes a Lot of mediocre as I see #1 + #2 khm....
But it's in the air, I mean it's the same with movies or music too. Btw Magmel is a fine (6) anime to me. Just compared to the overrated animes ( and there is a Lot of them) it looks like this is a bad rating, I say it's one of the most accurate, but ther are tons of 7+ animes and most of them are not deserve it. So don't be mad, just go on and enjoy it! Your gain, their loss.

Nah I'm not mad. I see your point. For me it's a 7, but 7 is like average score for me. I give most anime 7. Only anime I consider good, great or one of the best get beyond 7 score from me. For example: 8 in my book is good/great , 9 is best. Never gave a 10 because I think I would have to be really mindblown to give such a score.
May 31, 2019 9:24 PM

May 2015
- Its pretty boring, nothing seems to lead anywhere
- Side characters are mundane and 2 dimensional
- Main characters have hardly any backstory if any (also their not really likeable)
- Animation quality is lacklustre for today's standards anyway
- The world has so much promise but just doesn't deliver

An anime can have awful animation but great story, they can have beautiful art work but frustrating characters and still be seen as relatively good shows because they have some form of a redeemable feature, however this show seems to be lacking in every department. That's just my opinion anyway feel free to disagree.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Jun 1, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2011
I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, but my excitement is starting to go downhill. I hope this anime gets better tho.

Jun 4, 2019 2:38 AM
Jan 2014
So far each episode seems to be its own story. I think I've seen animes like this where the story starts to be continuous after the 10th episode or so.

I hope it's worth it.
Jun 4, 2019 8:44 AM

Nov 2013
i was already thinking about put it on drop and low rate without even watching just because i didn't like the synopsis/promo video (and that's a fun way to drop my score a little)

i ended up watching and kind of enjoying the first 3 episodes, thinking i could actually finish the anime.......but then that shop thing happened and what was already not so good, turned out to be even worse, so...ya trash anime lol
winddevil1Jun 4, 2019 8:49 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 5, 2019 1:31 PM
May 2014
Because only the first episode was badass and then it went downhill.
Such a disappointment but i still enjoy it
Jun 5, 2019 4:21 PM

Aug 2015
abyss_will said:
For me it's just as bad as kenja no mago
kenja no mago is way worse. gunjou no magmel at least is quite new, but still illogical and just silly
Jun 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Jan 2018
1. Trailer misleading (hyped)
1.a No plot (All of it are Filler)
1.b The characters are meh ( I like the boob girl though)
1.c There is an episode where MCs are assholes
1.d Not appealing enough. MCs are dumb.
1.e Overall, the story is a mess and even if you put it in comedy perspective well its like watching Tom and Jerry
Jun 18, 2019 3:25 AM
Apr 2013
for me this anime cant pass 5

Jun 26, 2019 11:09 AM
Dec 2013
The anime had a serious first episode with death and blood and risk, after that it suddenly became a child's cartoon filled with silly loony characters dancing around in Magmel until the main character shows up and makes battles look like a circus act, then the side character (Zero) just whines about food and meanies while sitting in a box 90% of the anime. Now the last 3 episodes are actually serious again but they, like every other episode, have no progression, character development, no direction, just simple objectives to get done but somehow the characters suddenly start sucking and screws everything up before somehow becoming a pro again and saving the day. Kenja no Mago at least has development, serious events, people actually being injured or dying, somewhat character development/progression, and an explanation of why the main character is strong, but this anime just goes "oh they are ractors and can make anything they touch out of thin air... dunno why but they can". I feel like the manga, which I haven't seen, of this anime was supposed to be a lot more serious. Every episode is just a filler between episode 1 and 11.
Oct 15, 2019 1:32 PM

Aug 2008
I don't get the hate for this anime either, like it definitely wasn't amazing but it was solidly OK. The complaints about it seem rather... hive minded? I can't explain it perfectly but a large degree of the hate doesn't seem derived from original opinions. IDK maybe it is just a consequence of the disparity from the potential displayed in the trailer and the relatively average final product? Either way, if you're someone who hasn't watched this but is considering doing so and you somehow manage to get past all the hate to read this; if the setting seems appealing to you I suspect you'll enjoy this anime enough to make it worth giving a try.
Oct 22, 2019 9:39 AM
Oct 2019
6 is generous... it's so stereotypical "Shonen" it's cringe inducing...
Derivative art style (1 piece?), characters that say dumb things such as "I'm sleepy" before battle, or antagonize adult characters rudely... that's stuff 7 to 11 year olds would find funny. As others have mentioned people loose teeth, bleed and die yet all the things listed above take place... who's the target audience?
Oct 23, 2019 7:43 AM
Feb 2019
Textbook example of interesting ideas that are not implemented well. Animation was ok at best. Story doesnt really go anywhere instead its a slice of life just see them work as anglers every day. Wholesome content but felt underwelming and as a result makes the show not very memorable.
Oct 25, 2019 8:41 PM

Jun 2015
Honestly I don't think it's a problem of the content it's more of a loss hope type thing to me. From episodes 1-4 you got a very serious vibe and we'll built starting point for a great anime but after that it changed to more of a comedy. That is where it loses out imo. I mean sure it has character but the theme shifted quite a bit after those first few episodes
Nov 13, 2019 11:12 AM
Dec 2017
I mean, the plot is honestly all over the place and there really wasn’t much development in the characters, and tbh, it kinda seems to shift genre btw episodes, with the first few being more serious, then some being more comedy and so forth. So I can see why people don’t like it. However, I actually really liked this for i’m not too sure of the reason myself, so I honestly think that this series really deserves a 7 at least. I do wish that they would delve deeper into Inyo’s past tho, that one seemed really interesting, but it was mostly touch and go in season 1.
Nov 26, 2019 11:11 PM
Nov 2019
-extremly boring plot if you can even call it that

-the Premise is promising at first, but they dont use it to make the anime interesting

- animations are so bad, lot of the cgi gave me overlord flashbacks

-MC is not cool or nice, he is annoying at best and boring/stupid at worst times

The only thing it got going for itself is the premise and i guess the world is decently interesting, thought since the anime doesnt make good use of either, its just not good.

4/10 its not horrible, but not good or avarage either.
Feb 12, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2018
Luroon said:
- Its pretty boring, nothing seems to lead anywhere
- Side characters are mundane and 2 dimensional
- Main characters have hardly any backstory if any (also their not really likeable)
- Animation quality is lacklustre for today's standards anyway
- The world has so much promise but just doesn't deliver

An anime can have awful animation but great story, they can have beautiful art work but frustrating characters and still be seen as relatively good shows because they have some form of a redeemable feature, however this show seems to be lacking in every department. That's just my opinion anyway feel free to disagree.

Two episodes in and this exactly what I felt this could become. So far I would rate it a perfect 5/10, just in the middle, not doing this all that bad, but not trying to excede to higher levels in anyway.

I have seen series with no plot develoment or every episode is its own story and are very good, but this one lacks depth
34 years old ossan who still watches anime
Mar 30, 2021 11:47 AM
Jun 2020
it was good at the beginning then it turned plain out boring, i didn’t feel connected at all after a couple of episodes, i can’t even force myself to watch the last two episodes because of how bland it turned. There’s just nothing special afterwards and went downhill so i gave it a 4/10 because i expected something decent but became disappointed
Mar 12, 2022 11:13 PM
Jul 2019
Plot is terrible to say the least..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 9 Discussion

-Akirion- - Jun 2, 2019

18 by Lolicon »»
Jun 8, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

P_S_Y_C_H_O - May 6, 2019

64 by wildhood »»
May 15, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmell Episode 13 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 23, 2019

37 by MeanEYE »»
Dec 21, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 6 Discussion

el_morris - May 12, 2019

26 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jun 6, 2023 4:02 PM

» Gunjou no Magmell Episode 12 Discussion

Luroon - Jun 27, 2019

1 by Dawizz »»
Mar 17, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.