Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 9:03 PM
Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't believe Peter didn't ask Heidi about how the heck she learned how to read! Seriously Peter, don't you remember how bad she was with the alphabet? Good episode too but I was expecting a reaction ^^''
May 8, 2016 2:06 PM
Mar 2015
notdog1996 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't believe Peter didn't ask Heidi about how the heck she learned how to read! Seriously Peter, don't you remember how bad she was with the alphabet? Good episode too but I was expecting a reaction ^^''

I mean, he was a bit incredulous at first, that was his reaction. She went to live in a big city though, it's not exactly surprising that she would learn a few new things.

Great episode as per usual. Wondering if Dete will return and bring trouble...
Jul 28, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
It's kinda bad that Alm gave in too easily but i guess it's fine becasue Heidi would have coped with the situation.
Apr 13, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
I feel bad for Clara, I knew her father wasn't going to stay with her for long. But I hope Heidi's letter will find its way to her soon! I loved how her grandfather and Peter were surprised to see her reading. And I'm far from being a religious person, but even I found the scene in which Heidi read that psalm to Peter's grandmother beautiful. I was waiting for it. It was something so "simple", but it brought her so much joy. Reading is wonderful. Heidi was also so amused by her book back in her home, I'm glad she found the joy of reading.

Her grandfather was also really kind by taking the initiative to repair Peter's house. And he made the right choice about Heidi. I've been hoping that she would go to school during the winter with Peter since this topic was brought up even before she went to Frankfurt. It seems that it won't go very well at first, but I'm hoping that Heidi will be able to make Peter want to get better at reading as well. I'm sure they would have a lot fun studying and learning together.
Feb 27, 2020 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I knew right from the start that Heidi wouldn't take the news of selling the baby goat and stripping her off her mother too lightly. I swear Heidi is getting spoilt quite a bit. If it was any other child, the results wouldn't be pretty. But Heidi is a wonderful girl. Grandfather truly loves Heidi from the bottom of his heart. He is willing to work his heart out on an abandoned, run-down house just for his granddaughter's sake. He is going through quite the change because of Heidi that he is even willing to start living in the village amongst the townsfolk to provide better conditions for her education.

Since Heidi was the one who read a part of the book to grandmother, does that mean Peter still can't read or at least doesn't know as enough? Isn't he 14 years old? He needs to start focusing on school and his studies. You can't go through the motions of life without having at least some knowledge at reading. I doubt Peter improved much in his alphabet.
removed-userFeb 27, 2020 10:22 AM
Dec 3, 2023 7:47 PM
Sep 2016
Grandpa seems so sad Hiedi has learned to read... it's more that Hiedi has grown up and he can't dote on her all the time. Growing pains of the parents.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 21 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 8, 2019

2 by AverageRiceFan »»
Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 13 Discussion

pacuuuuu3 - Jul 18, 2009

5 by AverageRiceFan »»
Sep 26, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 52 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

4 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 17, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 50 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 17, 2019

3 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 15, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.