Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2019 8:22 AM

Aug 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Wakaba is getting like really really fucking annoying. But the soudntrack is as awesome as always some of the fight animations actually looked pretty sick the background art is still stunning and we are slowly but surely getting an idea of what thsi world is about. Not a revolutionary episode but Im still hooked!
Jan 30, 2019 8:39 AM
Nov 2018
I like wakaba, he is a deep character in my book.
Jan 30, 2019 11:15 AM
Aug 2014
I started out thinking this show was great, but now it's amazing. It really has that Kemono Friends "I don't know what's really going on" feeling.
Jan 30, 2019 11:20 AM

May 2018
wakaba you pussy, well even if it's accidental you did save one of those sisters, so they're in San Francisco, that golden gate bridge is really familiar.

So, they ending suggest that there will be 6 harem member, so when will the other 4 show up, not including those lolis?????
Jan 30, 2019 11:30 AM
Aug 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

So, they ending suggest that there will be 6 harem member, so when will the other 4 show up, not including those lolis?????

I believe that the ending is referencing what already happened
Living in a middle of a ruined world
Jan 30, 2019 11:31 AM
Jan 2015
Until they met the Nushi on the bridge, the episode was pretty boring. As for the fight, it was okay, but, if it wasn't for Wakaba, they'd all be dead meat (or veggies, or whatever the sisters are). Too bad they didn't acknowledge this and give Wakaba the credit he deserves.

I know I am in the vast majority here but, to me, Wakaba is a hero. Jumping in front of someone to prevent them from getting killed, at the risk of sacrificing his own life, and without hesitation, is what heroes do.

And why, oh why, does he still have that root around his waste? Is it some sort of fashion statement? Since it doesn't prevent him from using his hands or feet, it's not much of a security precaution.
Jan 30, 2019 11:41 AM
Jan 2015
MountainOfIrony said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Yes, no suggestion of a harem but referencing what went on before this series began. We have been plunked down into the middle of the story, so to speak, like watching a 2 hour movie starting at minute 59.

This is pretty disjointed as far as a series goes. There was a 28 minute OVA in 2012 which was the original concept. Earlier this year, prior to this series, there was a series of 6 twitter shorts that sort of link the original OVA to this series.
Jan 30, 2019 1:49 PM

Jan 2017
I wish they followed the old "show, don't tell" rule a little closer, instead of just referencing characters and events, that I'm supposed (?) to know about. Maybe a budget limitation? A lot this series looks pretty shoestring to me, tbh.
Jan 30, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
The real MVP here is Wakaba! if not for him! they would have not defeated the Nushi!
So many thing still unclear but this show is still solid for me!
5/5.

Jan 30, 2019 7:53 PM

Feb 2016
FredFriendly said:
MountainOfIrony said:

Yes, no suggestion of a harem but referencing what went on before this series began. We have been plunked down into the middle of the story, so to speak, like watching a 2 hour movie starting at minute 59.

This is pretty disjointed as far as a series goes. There was a 28 minute OVA in 2012 which was the original concept. Earlier this year, prior to this series, there was a series of 6 twitter shorts that sort of link the original OVA to this series.

The original ova has a similar feeling, but it's an alternate version, not the same story. The character from the twitter shorts are dead by the time the original Ova starts, as well as when the current series starts.

The original ova it's similar to the first two episodes of this series with some changes:

- In the original, there are more rinas alive
- They mention being able to teleport using water
- They don't travel in the Japaribus, and only Rin and Wakaba go out to explore at the end
- They mention safe zones, markers, a town, and more concepts that seem different now
- Kemurikusa used to be a ciggar, now it's a leaf because smoking is bad for you.

Great episode as always!
Jan 30, 2019 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
Damn! Rin is really strong to have lift that carriage. I don't like Wakaba but that was impressive of him to coin that plan, I hope they begin to trust him sooner after this.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 31, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2017
Somehow I'm still watching this, hoping for some dark twist, some explanation for the world they live in. I like the world art and the desolate landscape.

What I hate the most is Rina. The voice actor behind it is really, really, really annoying (and she's new to the business from what I see). I really want to pop off Rina's heads each time those clones start talking. In contrast, Rin's seyuu sounds weird and bored most of the time, not really that energetic voice acting that Mikako Komatsu usually has.

Jan 31, 2019 3:27 AM

Oct 2007
badass episode today. That nushi was like a boss fight in a video game.
it's fortunate that large robot did not fire it's laser directly into their train car.

Wakaba still annoying voice, but he did good this time.
Is that small robot near the end came from the wreck of the nushi that they defeated?
Jan 31, 2019 3:28 AM

Oct 2007
lihle808 said:
Damn! Rin is really strong to have lift that carriage. I don't like Wakaba but that was impressive of him to coin that plan, I hope they begin to trust him sooner after this.

yeah, I was surprised too how physically strong Rin really is. It takes superhuman strength to lift that vehicle. She was also able to withstand being shot by a laser.

Jan 31, 2019 3:31 AM

Oct 2007
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
wakaba you pussy, well even if it's accidental you did save one of those sisters, so they're in San Francisco, that golden gate bridge is really familiar.

thanks for the trivia.

I guess the Golden Gate bridge is a sturdy one. Still standing in the future, although it's partially wrecked.. did not collapse from the nushi battle.
Jan 31, 2019 8:23 AM

Jan 2015
Definitely one of my favorites this season
Jan 31, 2019 4:44 PM

Nov 2013
those Rinas are just super adorable <3

nice episode again =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 26, 2019 1:24 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I feel like they're lowkey going for a technology kills nature type of thing-- humans being a part of nature, but I dunno.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 7, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like they have discovered something against the Nushi

Aug 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Nov 2018
Another solid episode, I am loving this (tho Wakaba almost gets borderline irritating, but his curiosity leads to helpful things and that's good)
Sep 30, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2019
You know what, this story really remembers me of "9", that animation movie.

with lolis in the place of the dolls.
Rob7Sep 30, 2019 9:52 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yorusigh - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.