Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2019 8:27 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched it with terrible subs, so not sure if I understood everything regarding Nexus. I enjoyed it because I get to see the characters I loved from the TV series, but otherwise, the plot wasn't entirely that interesting. The first 15 minutes was a recap of the series, and then the next 15 (?) minutes was some boring ass talk with Professor Nambu and the lady from the U.N. Almost fell asleep during this scene. Might also be because of the bad subs though.

Since we only got to know Joe from the movie and his relationship with Ken, I can't say I was all that invested in him as a character. But by the end of the movie, when he died, I did feel a bit for him...especially when he help his hand up towards Ken, saying, "mabushii." Even though Joe couldn't see things the way Ken did regarding justice, he didn't hate Ken for that, and perhaps even envied him in the end. The title of the movie also makes sense, given the ending. Even though it's a different Joe, it's still the second time Ken has to say goodbye. Can't imagine how that'd feel.

I like Emi, but about 2/3 way in, she didn't seem like she was very important to the story. Glad she was still able to help out in the end. Anyways, like I said, the only reason I got any sort of enjoyment from this movie was because of the characters. I miss them from the TV series :( They work great as a team, so the action near the end was a lot of fun. I would love to see them all again in another TV series with a better plot. But that's probably not going to happen, lol.
Jan 14, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2015
The CGI was good... my only gripe was the lack of fighting combos in the battle choreography…
Jan 16, 2019 3:31 AM

Mar 2010
Good movie..........but ridiculously shitty subs right now. I hope someone comes around and re-subs it.
Jan 16, 2019 8:54 PM
Sep 2013
MoonFox said:
Good movie..........but ridiculously shitty subs right now. I hope someone comes around and re-subs it.

Agreed, the subs I watched it with were carp, but other than that it was a good movie, a parallel Gatchaman Universe where Galactor was a bigger threat, enough to get rid of the Gatchaman ending with a Professor going insane from the grief and his own fear of Death is an interesting concept... which I feel was wasted on this movie, but at the same time KNOW it was the only way the concept could have been played out, considering that, for what I remember of Gatchaman there are no one besides the Professor who could have deciphered the techno babble the way the Tekkaman could...

still an excellent movie....
Jan 17, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 2015
I'm so sad that emi was given so little to do, that the first 15 min were basically recap, and the next 10 didn't even have the mains. Same Sub problem. I wish there was more #team but the animation was still nice. Idk mostly disappointed due to our teams lack of time and development together but still can't help liking just because I am weirdly invested in this series.
Jan 19, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
Nice. I enjoyed this movie as much as I enjoyed the TV series. You can't go wrong with centering your story on Ken after all.

Seeing Joe was great, but damn I wish he survived...

KenxEmi is still the best, though I wish Emi's role was bigger. I also wish this particular take on the iconic heroes received another sequel or something, it's just too addicting somehow and always leaves you wanting more. I guess Ken staying in that world instead of going to his own until Nexus' accumulated energy gets distributed around the world could be used as a hook for a sequel, though the chances are slim, tbh.

Oh, and seeing Ken catch up on that woman's plan and destroy it at the end was satisfying.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 19, 2019 7:35 PM

May 2015
Bad subs, but I figured out what the story was about after analyzing them. The movie was a bit slow, but the action scenes were as great as they were in the TV series. Lots of Deus ex Machina though, but I didn't really mind it because superheroes. It started with a recap of the TV series which went by pretty quick so I didn't mind it. I actually began tearing up after seeing Emi and Kaido's story again. The introduction of Joe the Condor was great though, and I understood the character right away.

Those Nexus Railgun pistols are way too powerful to possess as weapons. Seriously, it's a freaking hitscan shot. And then the Nexus Armor. No experience or technique needed. Just put one one and you become an instant superhero. Yeeah, you don't want weapons like those hanging around.

Emi was pretty sidelined despite her importance in trying to dissipate the Nexus. Basically a plot device. Well she did try talking to Nanbu to no avail. Still looking pretty though.

Casshan's dog isn't around...

I almost mistook Sasaoka's voice actress as Yoko Hikasa. Aya Endou and Yoko Hikasa sound so alike...

I did not expect Joe to go down like that. Goes to show how he is the opposite of Ken. And I guess Ken and Joe's relationship of how they view justice is kind of like how Nanbu was saying that society needs conflict in order for it to stay alert. Ken may have a strong sense of justice, but sometimes it won't always work out the way he wants. Lol at the ending though. Jump in the jet, beat everyone up, grab the goods, and then leave like nothing happened. Ken will stay in that world while the others return to Emi's world I guess. Does that mean that there will be another movie or a new TV series? What if they make a movie for each of the heroes as they return to their worlds? I mean Tekkaman still has Belle Lynn with him. That can be a story for a movie. I hope they do more.
Feb 17, 2019 2:41 AM

Feb 2014
Tarotist said:

Casshan's dog isn't around...

What if they make a movie for each of the heroes as they return to their worlds? I mean Tekkaman still has Belle Lynn with him. That can be a story for a movie. I hope they do more.

Well his dog sacrificed itself in the TV series remember?

Would love to see further character stories even maybe an OVA.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 23, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2009
will this get a better english subs already? or will this be licensed in USA already so that we can get better subs that way?
Jun 14, 2020 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
I'm confused which version of Joe is this? Is he from the same world as Ken? What about Joe in this world? Is he alive or killed? Joe mention that he met Joe in this world and he mention that Nambu kill Ken but not Joe so is Joe in this world still alive but not appeared or killed by Galactor? If Joe in this world alive then why he doesn't appear? If Joe in this world is dead then why Joe from Ken's world doesn't mention how Joe in this world died? He only mention that he met Joe in this world and what about the detail? Is Joe that we see in the beginning from this world or from Ken's world?
Jul 27, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
finally watch the english dub of Amazon

the 15 minutes of recap is good

but damn Joe (the antihero or dark justice) died huh or one of the alternate version of Joe died that is since they are in the multiverse

Emi x Ken romance is still strong as ever

More topics from this board

» eng sub infini t force movie pv

anime_mantabh - Sep 29, 2017

1 by tsubasalover »»
Feb 19, 2018 2:14 AM

» Preview

Wlad- - Sep 9, 2017

1 by tsubasalover »»
Sep 9, 2017 4:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.