Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2018 6:59 AM
Oct 2018
i'm just happy that it's going to get an ova.
if one year from the end of this season we don't get a season 2, i'm gonna be confused.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 7, 2018 8:20 AM

Jun 2017
everything about that little slime is music for my ears
"Gradually Watermelon"
Dec 7, 2018 8:43 AM

May 2018
At least let's be happy that this slime is gonna get OVA, after 2-cour tv animation. For season 2, well, we must wait to see how well the selling goes in BD/DVD department.
Dec 7, 2018 8:52 AM
Aug 2017
I'm just happy to know where getting more slime!
Dec 7, 2018 9:30 AM
Aug 2018
Where's the OVA take place? Like the description says it's bundled with episode 11.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Dec 7, 2018 10:00 AM
Oct 2018
rubytherose said:
Where's the OVA take place? Like the description says it's bundled with episode 11.

-
no, it is part of the volume 11 of the manga, that is the ova, not with the 11 episode.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2018
oh yeah can't wait
Dec 7, 2018 11:56 AM
Mar 2018
Already an OVA? Shouldn't they finish the show before they work on the cashgrab for the manga's or disc-releases?
Dec 7, 2018 12:18 PM
Oct 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
Already an OVA? Shouldn't they finish the show before they work on the cashgrab for the manga's or disc-releases?

-
maybe because of the good reception that it has? also bunny girl senpai already has planned a movie so this is not that weird if we compare.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 7, 2018 1:14 PM
Mar 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:

maybe because of the good reception that it has? also bunny girl senpai already has planned a movie so this is not that weird if we compare.

It still feels rushed. Especially if you make a movie during the hype, but I guess those mediocre cashgrabs are mostly forgotten in a week, so they have to rush to keep the sales up, because the next hype is coming...
Dec 7, 2018 1:39 PM
Oct 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

It still feels rushed. Especially if you make a movie during the hype, but I guess those mediocre cashgrabs are mostly forgotten in a week, so they have to rush to keep the sales up, because the next hype is coming...

-
i mean, this ova can be a cashgrab but the movie of bunny girl senpai it's to end the arcs of all the girls currently presented in the anime.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 7, 2018 2:01 PM
Mar 2018
idontknowsarcasm said:
i mean, this ova can be a cashgrab but the movie of bunny girl senpai it's to end the arcs of all the girls currently presented in the anime.

that's even cheaper, because everyone praises this anime for being a romance type with an actual couple throughout, but then it's just like everythig else and noone notices. And those rushed movies always feel like just a very long episode. I had the same feeling when watching A Silent Voice...
Dec 7, 2018 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
DonTrumpolino said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

that's even cheaper, because everyone praises this anime for being a romance type with an actual couple throughout, but then it's just like everythig else and noone notices. And those rushed movies always feel like just a very long episode. I had the same feeling when watching A Silent Voice...

ANIME IS JUST A GIANT CASHGRAB LIKE EVERY ENTERTAINING MEDIUM, CAN YOU STOP BEING SO ANNOYING?
Dec 18, 2018 8:26 PM
May 2017
Yes. Just YES this is good for my soul, right?
Jan 22, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
DonTrumpolino said:
idontknowsarcasm said:

Dude, making anime is business, not charity. And business needs to make money... stop being so stuck up.
Jan 22, 2019 11:09 AM
Mar 2018
kronopy said:

Dude, making anime is business, not charity. And business needs to make money... stop being so stuck up.

Yeah, I know. But it has succumbed to become like the AAA game industry, where micro-transactions are over passion. Everything is not just a product, it's a cheap sale and then on to the next rushed subject...
Jan 22, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
DonTrumpolino said:
kronopy said:

Yeah, I know. But it has succumbed to become like the AAA game industry, where micro-transactions are over passion. Everything is not just a product, it's a cheap sale and then on to the next rushed subject...

Dude... is nothing like AAA game industry. You are not forced to pay anything for supplementary costs... in reality, most anime fans don't pay a dime for anything they consume. Despise being mainstream now, anime is still a niche as a business. To produce a 2D animation, like Steven Universe, for example, an American company would spend up to 4 million dollars on a single 20 minutes episode, over the course of a 2-4 years production. A Japanese anime studio doesn't spend that much on an entire 13 episodes season. They manage to do it with bellow 200 000 dollars per episode, and rarely spend more than a year in producing the whole series... some episodes can be made even in a single week (that why by the end of season many feel that the animation drops out in quality and that why Naruto, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, and other weekly shows are so poor in quality). They can do that because they work their animators to exhaustion and manage to keep the costs of production really low (the salary of an animators barely changed at all in the past 60 years)... YET, even so, most of them struggle to break even and make back their costs over the course of many years. That way it feels so weird when we say that if an anime sold 10 000 copies, then it's a great success, while in the West if something sells bellow one million is seen as a failure. The anime industry is struggling to survive, and each year you have studio's filing for bankruptcy. The reason for that is because many watch them, but very few buy... The whole industry rests on the shoulders of a handful of loyal Japanese fans who are ready to pay for the expensive DVD's and merchandise. Western fans would never do that. Most say that even the 6.95 dollars monthly membership on Crunchyroll is too expensive and find all sort of excuses to avoid it, while the Japanese fans can pay up to hundreds of dollars for the whole season of an anime.
So is ridiculous to accuse Anime Industry of being crashgrabers, when they struggle for years to make a profit out of their work. Those sort of OVA and special episodes are just ways, to make a bit more fast cash for their project.
Passion is... If you think there is anything for an animator than passion, then you are wrong... Cuz money are not, as they are paid bellow the minimal wage. If you think that there is other reason why there are so many studios other than passion, then you are wrong again. Anime industry as a whole, including manga too, it's lot's and lot's of work, and stress, and sacrifices. The only reason why there are peoples who still join into that hell despise knowing that, is passion.
Feb 2, 2019 11:22 PM
Dec 2018
For now what i seen is anime is only for japan people they marketed their product to japan people. what i seen is anime is like in the phase of gaming industry. where only some country can buy it legally and many country can acces it with pirating. then steam came and give regional pricing then everybody seems have legal access to the game. wonder when anime will get to that point
Feb 25, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 2014
Isn't there only 8 volumes of the manga? Where is this eleventh volume that contains the source?
Feb 25, 2019 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
@hwagRU Japan already released until 10 volumes as of last December and 11th volume will be released this March. Kodansha Comics USA will release the ninth volume in March.
https://myanimelist.net/news/56406763

Though, the release of OVA has delayed.
tsubasaloverFeb 25, 2019 8:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2019 6:04 AM

Apr 2017
kronopy said:
DonTrumpolino said:

Dude... is nothing like AAA game industry. You are not forced to pay anything for supplementary costs... in reality, most anime fans don't pay a dime for anything they consume. Despise being mainstream now, anime is still a niche as a business. To produce a 2D animation, like Steven Universe, for example, an American company would spend up to 4 million dollars on a single 20 minutes episode, over the course of a 2-4 years production. A Japanese anime studio doesn't spend that much on an entire 13 episodes season. They manage to do it with bellow 200 000 dollars per episode, and rarely spend more than a year in producing the whole series... some episodes can be made even in a single week (that why by the end of season many feel that the animation drops out in quality and that why Naruto, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, and other weekly shows are so poor in quality). They can do that because they work their animators to exhaustion and manage to keep the costs of production really low (the salary of an animators barely changed at all in the past 60 years)... YET, even so, most of them struggle to break even and make back their costs over the course of many years. That way it feels so weird when we say that if an anime sold 10 000 copies, then it's a great success, while in the West if something sells bellow one million is seen as a failure. The anime industry is struggling to survive, and each year you have studio's filing for bankruptcy. The reason for that is because many watch them, but very few buy... The whole industry rests on the shoulders of a handful of loyal Japanese fans who are ready to pay for the expensive DVD's and merchandise. Western fans would never do that. Most say that even the 6.95 dollars monthly membership on Crunchyroll is too expensive and find all sort of excuses to avoid it, while the Japanese fans can pay up to hundreds of dollars for the whole season of an anime.
So is ridiculous to accuse Anime Industry of being crashgrabers, when they struggle for years to make a profit out of their work. Those sort of OVA and special episodes are just ways, to make a bit more fast cash for their project.
Passion is... If you think there is anything for an animator than passion, then you are wrong... Cuz money are not, as they are paid bellow the minimal wage. If you think that there is other reason why there are so many studios other than passion, then you are wrong again. Anime industry as a whole, including manga too, it's lot's and lot's of work, and stress, and sacrifices. The only reason why there are peoples who still join into that hell despise knowing that, is passion.

why did i read this, now i'm reminded of the cruelty in the Anime Industry..again!
Mar 13, 2019 6:10 AM

Jan 2013
They really dropped the ball, because they could've made a low-effort school episode, call it Tenkou Shitara Slime Datta Ken, and make people who love bad jokes happy.
Mar 27, 2019 3:07 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I thought this was about that side story on episode 24. I guess not.
Jun 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
But if there was NEVER a beach episode in the whole web novel? Is incredible how one of the few isekai with almost no fanservice, the staff took away all the dignity to this story How to inflate Shion's breasts and highlight Milim's butt.
Nov 4, 2022 2:46 AM
Nov 2022
I visible is anime is simplest for japan humans they marketed their product to japan people. What i visible is anime is like within the section of gaming industry. Where only a few united states should purchase it legally and lots of us of a can access it with pirating. Then steam got here and give nearby pricing then each person appears have prison get entry to to the game similarly you can check here in this website. Wonder when anime will get to that point

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 29, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2020

43 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 29, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

37 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 29, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2019

93 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 29, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA Episode 2 Discussion (Hey! Butts!) ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2019

53 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 29, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.