Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2014 7:11 AM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty creepy and gloomy... and the animation reminds me of Metal Slug, for some reason.
Jan 7, 2015 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
Anime with english subtitles http://vimeo.com/68606959
from TSUKAHARA Shigeyoshi's official vimeo channel
Jan 8, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this was, somehow, really creepy, I liked it :3
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jun 1, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Very nice art style. The story was sketchy but nice, it also felt kind of rushed though.
Feb 7, 2016 9:39 PM

Dec 2008
I like how the stage of war itself can be so comically portrayed. Truly its all a farce in this life. The art style was enjoyable during the first person shots. The atmosphere at such times was palpable. Still though, this gets no more than 6/10
Sep 4, 2018 10:45 PM

Sep 2013
Well, though it had real potential, it wound up being a big steaming pile of MEH!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 19, 2018 1:28 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This seemed to have the bare bones of something great. War story, with the view point of a reporter who once lived there, the child snatchers are making medicinals out of the kids. I mean it's loose but with a tigheter story and getting rid of the framing device and narration all together would've upped it's quality A LOT.

The textures didn't bother me, I think it has something akin to a cool Masaaki Yuasa styled piece. But reminds me of a first draft.

5/10
Feb 15, 2020 3:56 PM
May 2019
I liked the art style for this, it was quite unique and stylish. Everything else was pretty fine.
Jul 30, 7:25 PM

Jul 2017
Slightly jumbled but such is trauma. Beautiful art direction, colors, animation, sound, etc.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.