Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The first half of this episode felt boring but the pacing did pick up a a little. The episode was more about building up a team between Riku and his friends.

Feels like the show is following its style of Gunpla battles although the storytelling was kinda loose this time around. Hoping Riku's team will have a successful future!
Stark700May 8, 2018 3:01 AM
May 8, 2018 3:55 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, second greatest episode from this show imo. This episode did drama WAY better than Try.
So, does this mean this show takes place in the future or something? GPD is pretty similiar to the old Gunpla to life system.
May 8, 2018 4:11 AM

Dec 2017
Felt like one of the better episodes.

lol Sarah stalking Koichi. Also her saying "dame-ningen?"

Think GPD isn't GBF's Gunpla Battle. Why would the name change be for and I think it uses a different machine?
May 8, 2018 6:26 AM

May 2017
forexjammer said:
Wow, second greatest episode from this show imo. This episode did drama WAY better than Try.
So, does this mean this show takes place in the future or something? GPD is pretty similiar to the old Gunpla to life system.

You serious?

Quiting Gunpla Battle just bcoz the other members quit, such a dumb af reason tbfh I dunno if you can even call that drama but we can call him a drama queen for sure
May 8, 2018 7:05 AM
Apr 2016
TsundeReaper said:
forexjammer said:

You serious?

Quiting Gunpla Battle just bcoz the other members quit, such a dumb af reason tbfh I dunno if you can even call that drama but we can call him a drama queen for sure

Although I agree, we have to to acknowledge 80% of this series is made for the children, to whom this drama is more than enough. It is preparing them for actual tragedy in art, I guess. I am really looking forward to those 20% though, and I hope it does not mostly involve children. We have a champion and a Sarah who can almost fill in the soul of Gundam.
Re:formed
May 8, 2018 7:09 AM

Sep 2009
I love this series but the hooded villain motivation has been revealed in this episode.

May 8, 2018 7:14 AM

Jan 2016
TsundeReaper said:
forexjammer said:

You serious?

I was comparing this to Try so yeah, after watching that harem shitshow everything in here is better.
May 8, 2018 9:35 AM
Apr 2018
TsundeReaper said:
forexjammer said:

You serious?

To be fair, I think it's more the fact that he put himself wholeheartedly into GPD, and then his team just abandoned it. It's not so much them quitting, so much as the fear of having everything be for nothing again. Thus his criteria for joining the force.
May 8, 2018 9:49 AM
Jun 2017
Lol! Koichi being Rank F despite being the most experienced member of Riku's force reminded me of Naruto being a Genin despite being the Hokage. Overall Koichi seems like an interesting character and seems to have a past with the supposed villain Tsukasa.
May 8, 2018 11:38 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Divers is set in the same universe as Fighters
The person in the hood (Tsukasa) is kinda look like Junya Inose in Try.
Oh, and I'm glad that I'm not in the camp that believe Macgee is the same person as shopseller girl. She wouldn't flirt with her own brother... is she?
May 8, 2018 2:41 PM
Jan 2017
This episode explores a side of hobbies rarely explored by other TV shows: people's tastes in hobbies can change over time and a drastic change in the way a hobby is handled can put some people off. The change in Gunpla Battle is what caused Koichi's friends to walk out on him, which ruined his ability to enjoy Gunpla, until he meet Riku. Despite the childish, quirky way it is handled, I enjoyed that this a children's show teaches that things and people change, but there is still the chance to accept what's happening and willing to adapt. That's a nice touch of realism in a show that embraces escapism and fantastic storytelling.
May 8, 2018 3:27 PM
Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
Oh, and I'm glad that I'm not in the camp that believe Macgee is the same person as shopseller girl. She wouldn't flirt with her own brother... is she?

There's already pretty solid evidence that she isn't, as of Ep.2. She has been seen outside the game at the same time as Magee, so it's unlikely that she's the player.
May 8, 2018 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
This show is very consistent. Patrick Colasour has cameod in every episode so far
May 8, 2018 6:44 PM

May 2017
ShinigamiRaptor said:
TsundeReaper said:

You serious?

To be fair, I think it's more the fact that he put himself wholeheartedly into GPD, and then his team just abandoned it. It's not so much them quitting, so much as the fear of having everything be for nothing again. Thus his criteria for joining the force.

Then that's a contradiction to him loving GPD, if the others quiting Gunpla is enough to make him quit, then his love for it isn't that great at all, talk about badly written "drama" but a well written drama queen
May 8, 2018 9:21 PM
Apr 2018
TsundeReaper said:
ShinigamiRaptor said:

Then that's a contradiction to him loving GPD, if the others quiting Gunpla is enough to make him quit, then his love for it isn't that great at all, talk about badly written "drama" but a well written drama queen

It's not so much that it made him quit, so much as pushed him into depression. He doesn't seem like a very social person, so being tossed away by what might be a very rare group of friends pushed him to totally shut down. Notice that until Namami starts pushing him to do things, he appears to have totally shut himself away.
As to his love of GPD, what he loved was the cameraderie. The friendships. Imagine if, say, Fumina was abandoned by Yuuma and Sekai. He loved the game for what it gave him.
May 8, 2018 10:52 PM

Aug 2011
Imagine if Divers is actually in Reiji's world.

May 9, 2018 12:01 AM
Jul 2011
@daime17
actually in Reiji's world

No signs they live on space colony.
May 9, 2018 1:23 AM

Aug 2011
megaload said:
@daime17
actually in Reiji's world

No signs they live on space colony.

Well at first I thought it was in Reiji's world when I saw the different races and dis not know is was VR.

May 9, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2017
WHY.NO.MEGANE.GIRLS???? whyyyyyy? :'(

sad tho that the show is in a different universe than GBF (actually I don't know if I should be sad or happy) buuut... was 8th place in the World Tournament a reference?

one thing I was wondering about... why didn't he join his friends when they moved to GBN? (its not implied tho, but its also not implied that they didn't)
phantomfandom said:

1.ehhh different artsyle implies it isn't
2. makes sense since protag looks like Sekai
3. disgusting.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 9, 2018 1:22 PM
Apr 2018
red-tomato said:

sad tho that the show is in a different universe than GBF (actually I don't know if I should be sad or happy) buuut... was 8th place in the World Tournament a reference?

one thing I was wondering about... why didn't he join his friends when they moved to GBN? (its not implied tho, but its also not implied that they didn't)
phantomfandom said:

3. disgusting.

Arguably, because it wasn't the same to him. Maybe he liked the realism and face to face aspect of GPD, maybe his friends said something that made him feel like he wasn't going to be welcome. There's a lot of reasons someone might just decide to drop a hobby entirely
May 9, 2018 6:41 PM
Nov 2015
although it does not happen in the same universe, it is more realistic and reminded me of the first ova of build figther (before Reiji and his friends), where they used some arcade.

that virtual reality becomes a trend, is a step to follow, and there are already arcade gundam battles, not like in this anime, but who knows, someday they could exist.
May 9, 2018 8:40 PM

Mar 2017
ShinigamiRaptor said:
red-tomato said:

3. disgusting.

Arguably, because it wasn't the same to him. Maybe he liked the realism and face to face aspect of GPD, maybe his friends said something that made him feel like he wasn't going to be welcome. There's a lot of reasons someone might just decide to drop a hobby entirely
welp, I guess that's the only possible reason. It's just that the flasback made it look like he was left behind (which he was), but it's not as if he didn't have a chance to follow them.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 10, 2018 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
Nice! they found another team mate who is a great builder but still Rank F!
they should call him sempai who cameback from retirement in gunpla world.
He is Kouichi which is the brother of Nanami, one of the employee there...
4/5.

May 11, 2018 3:34 PM
Mar 2012
1st half so cringey, pathetic senpai turns neet & leaves gunpla battle just cuz he's too stubborn to go to gbn like his comrades, then he needs the younger Riku & imouto to get his shit together. gbd did seem interesting like the prequels.
Animation returned to good in middle. Real cool sengoku astray(?). 2nd half was fun & kinda cute, & more Sarah.
May 11, 2018 4:44 PM

Jun 2017
I overall enjoyed this episode a lot. While there was no gunpla action here, it instead focused more on the characters, introducing Nanami's older brother, whom we later find out is one of the main characters in the OP sequence. There's also a battle system which resembled the old Gundam Build Fighters battle area, which kinda makes me wonder if this is a sequel to GBF. These kinds of episodes aren't bad once in a while.
May 13, 2018 6:28 AM

Apr 2015
This episode feels slow but really enjoy it...
yeah, the reason to quit gunpla kinda lame...

it's great to see astray moving in the anime... Really like Astray gundam...
and we get to see the console for home use. lol

looks like we will see Senpai's friend in hood later in the story. Maybe he's one of those people who use a cheat.
May 24, 2018 5:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new "nakama" for the team, a Gundam Build!!!
Aug 14, 2018 8:43 AM

Feb 2012
Does this Koichi have dignity?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 4, 2018 4:16 AM

Jan 2014
so this Divers technology actually advanced version of previous plavsky particle.

so I am wondering, we never seen Sarah battle, so why her Rank rise up to the same level as Riku and the others? or is it her rank that already in D from the beginning?
Dec 21, 2021 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
Nanami's oniichan?
Koichi.
Dat decline.
Koichi is K0-1.
Koichi enters the game.
Sarah appears behind him.
Dat GPD.
Nanami oppai close to Riku face. Lucky.
Patrick.
Koichi will join.
Dat error.
Dat F.
LMAO at Sarah calling Koichi a dame ningen.
Dat ending.

How the heck does Sarah have a D ranking? Was it because she stopped Ogre from attacking Riku? lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 20, 2023 1:06 AM

Feb 2019
so the mass-diver boss is tsukasa, right? it's gotta be that hooded guy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2018

35 by FONZACUS »»
May 13, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 21, 2023 12:32 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

11 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

15 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2018

10 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.