Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Aug 2017
So 02 is bascially a classical Tsundere? A dynamic character that starts out tsuntusn and ends up being deredere at the end as exaplained in "Lucky Star" episode 10 in the last section.

Also I think 02 character sheet would've a maxed out the waifu stat.
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to see it.
May 5, 2018 12:07 PM
Mar 2018
-Stray said:
SNDT said:

the fuck are you talking about?

So? it doesn't change what I said.
Learn to read and understand.

Sorry, I'll try :(
May 5, 2018 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
New visual op is good
the song itself is the second part of kiss of death

bruh
May 5, 2018 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
I noticed that the comments appear to be Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more nicer and more optimistic when the anime is an original and not a manga/light novel adaptation.
May 5, 2018 12:11 PM

Jul 2017
abnas106 said:
Short_Circut said:
Seems like the main antagonist is about to be introduced and Kokoro smooth af with that kiss

Also looks like they went the Black Butler ways with the OP

Are you talking about the one shown at the end?

Yea, as far as I know they don't exactly look hero material
May 5, 2018 12:17 PM

Jul 2017
that OP gotta make its way to Mother's Basement bruh
May 5, 2018 12:20 PM
Apr 2018
Entry to a new arc,An interval refreshment .. Now the main klaxosaurus origin may be carried out and also zero two origins
May 5, 2018 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm. I think someone will die from main cast. Biggest candidates are probably Mitsuru and Futoshi . I have hope that I am wrong
May 5, 2018 12:31 PM
Jan 2015
God the new OP gives me bad vibes, makes it kind of hard to enjoy an episode like this after that. I still figure that scene in the first episode with hiro and Zero Two walking together in the cherry blossoms will be the endgame, but im not sure how its going to turn out for the rest of the team.
My Queens

May 5, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2017
That almost kiss between Ichigo and Ikuno might be the signal of a death flag, like an "I love you" and good-bye". Actually lots of death flags through the episode from beginning to end.
arubaro89May 5, 2018 12:38 PM
May 5, 2018 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Oh. I hoped for brand new OP song. But new ED is beautiful.

Btw. Calm before the storm. Last scene was suspicious as hell and I'm starting to suspect what is actually happening.
rsc-plMay 5, 2018 1:28 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 5, 2018 12:40 PM

May 2016
This episode is like a death flag. Will see how it will turn out in the next episode. And also, have anyone noticed a change in the style? I felt like the motion part of sakuga was not really similar to the ones that it used to..
May 5, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
That flashback with Ichigo and Zero Two was absolutely beautiful. Loved the entire scene, even more after all that happened between them. Ichigo understanding a apologetic Zero Two and being so caring with her just shows that she's a good person that is still growing up. It ended really well the character arc for both of the characters and the resolution of all that happened. I really liked it, best part of the episode to me.
May 5, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
Wait.. Isn't Futoshi bullimic? They just ignore it after the tantrum.
Eh this episode was kinda lame.
Zero Two was gr8 though.
May 5, 2018 12:57 PM
Apr 2017
and the new enemy is ... the klaxosaur princess. for some reason i feel like she's gonna be interested in hiro and try to drive him and 02 apart. can't wait to see how this arc turns out.

May 5, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
Arcaedes said:
A few notable points this episode although some passed by pretty fast

Nana has pain in her head, add that to the death flag list, and one that will probably come to fruition

Miku has some grey hairs - remember the squad 26 leader who'd gone from dark brown/black hair in episode 6 to completely grey by episode 15?

Dr Franxx etc doing more lab rat BS with squad 13

More yuri hints from Ikuno towards Ichigo

Mitsuru's reaction to the kiss seems like he's more interested in thinking about Hiro

Papa etc have sent their last warning and waiting for a reaction from Klaxo Princess & Blue Oni at end of episode

Zorome not thanking Papa for the food

More conversation about "being human" and 3rd time since ep 12 those exact words have been used (yeah I'm just keeping count since I made that topic after ep 9 ^_^)

If it's going fully into the Red Oni, Blue Oni set up. I'm still fairly sure the adults are the bad guys, and since in the traditional story it's the red that's sacrificed for the sake of the blue, future is looking very uncertain for 002

DitF seems to do reverse fillers, just like the beach episode. The ones that seem to have the least plot and more cute or funny character stuff, actually reveal the most

I double checked, it's the other way around, the Blue Oni is the one that sacrifices itself so that the Red Oni could live in prosperity with the humans.

Source: Ore Monogatari!!

As for Yuri hints between Ichigo and Ikuno, yeah that's pretty much confirmed in the ending credits artwork.
May 5, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 2016
the calm before tempest
really nice to see 02 act like a normal girl and feel like she's at home with all the other kids.
things did get somber at one point after Zorome revealed that Futoshi was undergoing bulimia, and that he really had to eat, regardless, because they still don't know what tmrw could bring.
I didn't see that Kokoro kiss coming, though, honestly.

As for that very last part.....possibly Zero Two's superior twin sister??
May 5, 2018 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
_kuro_n3ko_ said:
and the new enemy is ... the klaxosaur princess. for some reason i feel like she's gonna be interested in hiro and try to drive him and 02 apart. can't wait to see how this arc turns out.

More like try to kill Hiro
May 5, 2018 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone gettig along now but futoshi and zorome have some drama and realize the adults have abandoned them.
Blue oni might be a good girl and is just misunderstood.
May 5, 2018 1:08 PM

Jun 2017
AnimeSoap said:
_kuro_n3ko_ said:

There is a FranXX behind her so maybe she will NTR Hiro lol.
May 5, 2018 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
I'm just waiting for the deaths to happen at this point. It's what I'm looking forward to so that there's some sort of dramatic change from a soul-crushing blow. 8 more episodes, boy oh boy.
Don't believe the hype.
May 5, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2014
MomoSinX said:
AnimeSoap said:

There is a FranXX behind her so maybe she will NTR Hiro lol.

Huh I hadn't seen that.

It looks probable that she will NTR Hiro lol.
May 5, 2018 1:15 PM

Jan 2018
That was simply a delightful episode and a nice cool down after 3 pretty heavy ones.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
May 5, 2018 1:23 PM

Sep 2017
Seems like leaving them to survive on their own is another test from papa. The guys up in the sky mentioned a klaxosaur princess, which I thought might have been 02, but it seems it's the girl character we got at the end.

The OP is basically the same. Part of it sounds like they just started from the second verse of the full song. The visuals are certainty more sad. It leaves me concerned for 02 and Hiro's future.
May 5, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was really nice.

I wonder, since Zero Two and the klaxosaur princess both can function as keys, if they're related somehow. Perhaps they're the same except one was raised by humans and one was not. I also found it interesting that the giant hand became two hands in the OP and held Zero Two up as if protecting her. Perhaps their dome survived because the giant hand didn't want to hurt Zero Two.
tokidoki921May 5, 2018 1:58 PM
Feb 2017
Am I the only one who is angry at kokoro ?
I don’t ship her with Fat Guy i don’t even know his name
But what i am really angry at is that she promised to stay by his side forever and then she broke the promise at the same day and now she is kissing mitsuru ? Am not against her love for him but at least she did not have to promise the fat guy and break the promise
Am i wrong ? 🤔🤔
May 2013
Seriously, they use the lame song as the 2nd opening again? Is this Hunter x Hunter?

Apart from that, pretty solid episode. I am looking forward to see what's up with Miku's white hair. I really like Mitsuru's new haircut. Hopefully the yuri hinted in the ending is only a bait. It is pretty obvious that Ichigo is currently in love with Hiro.
May 5, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2017
Evol69 said:
Arcaedes said:
A few notable points this episode although some passed by pretty fast

Nana has pain in her head, add that to the death flag list, and one that will probably come to fruition

Miku has some grey hairs - remember the squad 26 leader who'd gone from dark brown/black hair in episode 6 to completely grey by episode 15?

Dr Franxx etc doing more lab rat BS with squad 13

More yuri hints from Ikuno towards Ichigo

Mitsuru's reaction to the kiss seems like he's more interested in thinking about Hiro

Papa etc have sent their last warning and waiting for a reaction from Klaxo Princess & Blue Oni at end of episode

Zorome not thanking Papa for the food

More conversation about "being human" and 3rd time since ep 12 those exact words have been used (yeah I'm just keeping count since I made that topic after ep 9 ^_^)

If it's going fully into the Red Oni, Blue Oni set up. I'm still fairly sure the adults are the bad guys, and since in the traditional story it's the red that's sacrificed for the sake of the blue, future is looking very uncertain for 002

DitF seems to do reverse fillers, just like the beach episode. The ones that seem to have the least plot and more cute or funny character stuff, actually reveal the most

I double checked, it's the other way around, the Blue Oni is the one that sacrifices itself so that the Red Oni could live in prosperity with the humans.

Source: Ore Monogatari!!

As for Yuri hints between Ichigo and Ikuno, yeah that's pretty much confirmed in the ending credits artwork.

Ah ok, maybe it was Re:Zero throwing me off, with the Ram/Rem backstory and Ram losing her horn. I think that was the last Red/Blue thing I saw with actual Oni type characters. For some reason I thought it was usually the red who sacrificed, but Red being the one who wants to be with the Humans makes more sense here
ArcaedesMay 5, 2018 1:38 PM
May 5, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2018
New sexy waifu klaxosaur-princess coming?
May 5, 2018 1:35 PM
Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we got a new OP song. I mean, it's more like a new version of it but I personally think it's better than the first one.

Looks like Zero Two is back to her usual self/personality.

Mitsuru's haircut makeover was also noticable this episode. I think it symbolized more than just a physical change for him. He also seems more kinder now than he was first introduced. I was also not expecting that kiss between her and Kokoro!

Pretty relaxing episode tbh after the drama and all the fighting. Zorome though...and I also wonder who that character is at the end.

My fucking reaction to the kiss of Kokoro and Mitsuru!

YEEES! BITCH!! YEEEEEEEEEEES!!

Now I just need that they to start making babies! and I will be satisfied!
May 5, 2018 1:40 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Same OP song, but I love the visuals, though it did foreshadow some things making it even more obvious that the anime ending will be a bittersweet one.

I enjoyed seeing the whole squad spending time with each other.
Also 02 looks pretty this episode!! Nice seeing her smile!!

It's also good to see them depending on themselves rather than relying on the adults, I'm guessing that's what Dr.Franxx plan is.
I am concerned over what he meant when he told Nana "You've been down this road as well" & with her getting a headache.
Perhaps her memory has been altered as well & that she was a pilot before.

This episode however did feel more like "The calm before the storm" reminded me of the beach episode & it raised some death flags!!
Goro is getting sick, futoshi could be struggling from bulimia & Miku is starting to have white hair strands which is worrying, she's probably getting older & that could also mean that her time limit is getting closer.

Oh & about Mitsuru, I prefer his old hairstyle, but the new one is not that bad either.
It seems like he's trying to move on which is refreshing to see.
His behavior towards Hiro has changed. He's acting more friendly & Mature now.

"We'll be together forever" that line!! More death flags are raised but hope they really will be together in the end.
All what one can do is hope ~~

Ah about the one in the end, I wonder who she is??
Zero two's sibling?? 001?? Klaxosaur princess??
Looking forward to the next episode!!
-ArisaMay 11, 2018 3:02 PM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
May 5, 2018 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
_kuro_n3ko_ said:

Rather the opposite, I think:

The klaxosaur princess is undoubtedly the "witch" of the story

Zero Two is the princess

Hiro is, of course, the prince.

At some point, the klaxosaur princess will attempt to reclaim her own, and conflict will result.

We also have a direct contrast between Zero-Two (red oni) and the Klaxosaur princess (blue oni).

In addition, It's fairly clear that Dr. Franxx has met with and studied the klaxosaur princess before. Nothing else could have been meant by him saying that Zero Two was the most "human" of the Klaxosaurs he'd seen. It would also explain why she has a franxx herself.
May 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2014
AnimeSoap said:
Wait.. Isn't Futoshi bullimic? They just ignore it after the tantrum.
Eh this episode was kinda lame.
Zero Two was gr8 though.

Yes he is bulimic even though there wasn't any clear indication that he even had that disorder.

And before someone brings up that" I'm dieting" line, him saying that is not a clear indication. For all I know he could have realized he eats too much and decided to cut back.

The fact that this is brought up and then dropped in two minutes is one of the many examples of why I have very little faith left in this show's character writing. Absolute crap.
May 5, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2014
I really like the new ED and OP, the new visuals work well.

Klaxosaur princess looks badass, I'm definitely sensing a link to 002. I've become convinced that Klaxosaurs are more akin to humanity then the 'adults' and I suspect that the parasites are somewhat klaxosaur, Hiro seemed to almost become Klaxosaur near the start and 002 and Gobro weren't too shocked at it. Adding on to that, we saw those weird Klaxosaur/Human egg things.

Man this show is really getting good, wasn't too fond of all those damn death flags though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
I've waited 2 weeks for little plot development! SASUGA A-1!

What the heck is that new opening?

removed-userMay 5, 2018 2:08 PM
May 5, 2018 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
Finally, the show is starting to grow on me, the way that the credits transition in the OP in that fluid way is beautiful, the new ED song is as well.

That was a nice bit of fanservice but NOT ENOUGH!
May 5, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2009
Lots of character development, and the new op is very nice.
But there's two things still bugging me out, the Miku's white hair and the girl who showed up at the end of the episode.
May 5, 2018 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
Deam bois it is seething up. It can become even better than Gurren Lagann for me
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
May 5, 2018 2:08 PM
May 2016
I do not believe that they put anything so important or spoil in the beginning like Zero Two is going to die. I think is something more symbolic like like separate her from Hiro ( she vanished like Sakura petals) and Hiro is going to look for her.
May 5, 2018 2:14 PM

Mar 2017
Ok so the characters improved alot. They became less annoying before I even realised (compared to early state of the seires). Curious about last scene though. That's another klaxosaur princess like Zero Two right? Those elders were also talking about something like "who needs two keys?" So I'm guessing that there's another klaxosaur like Zero Two. She might be Zero One or something xD
May 5, 2018 2:17 PM
Jan 2017
new op and ed are awesome!! also, glad to see hiro is officially back to his old self!!

also, is anyone gonna talk about miku's grey hair O.O id imagine the parasites lifespan to be shorter than that of average humans/Adults. or rather, they are bred that way given they are only used for fighting and protecting plantations. that would also explain why its so heavily implied that they will never become "adults".. (also, the "pet" setting on that adults healing machine) they simply were not bred for the role of reproduction.. it sucks, but because of this, i wouldn't be surprised if we get a "not so happy ending".. :( just a speculation.. these kids seem to go against the grain of every parasite that ever existed so maybe they will surprise us :D
May 5, 2018 2:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A calm before the storm episode, but boy the death flags are abundant. Sickness, fever, signs of aging, you name it...

I feel for Futoshi, Things had been kind of quiet after Kokoro replaced him with Mitsuru and we thought he was doing ok, but there's definite signs of him having bulimia or a similar eating disorder.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2018 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
Overall an okay episode; we can't have episodes like 13 & 15 24/7 after all. But DAMN, new OP version is fire and visuals are 9999999999/10. And that new ED is SO FUCKING GOOD. Again, great music and phenomenal visuals. Oof, take notes other studios, THIS is how you make shows great.

Music and animation aside, the episode was a decent follow-up to where Squad 13 is at. It seems like the adults have cast them aside for some new experiment or something, but they're getting by on their own just fine. They are limited in their resources though, so we know it won't last forever. We also got our first look at the Klaxasour Kingdom with someone who appears to be of the same lineage as Zero Two.

This is really turning out to be some cuckold NTR super show; Kokoro + Mitsuru? Not particularly to my liking, but I'll give it a shot. It seems Mitsuru is coming to forgive Hiro to an extent, realizing that it wasn't his fault entirely, having his memories erased and all. Speaking of which, best girl Zero Two is FINALLY being accepted by Squad 13! It's about damn time. It was interesting to see that it's actually Zero Two that manages her own horns; I always thought they were just like that naturally.

Finally there was some foreshadowing that was lightly touched upon and is very worrisome. Miku's hair is turning white, similar to the adults we saw in the cities. Could this be enhanced aging or something along those lines? Next, Futoshi was having problems eating. It seems to have been resolved toward the end of the episode, but I'm still cautious as to what was or is wrong with him - the dieting excuse is often used by people suffering from bulimia. Lastly, it would appear as though a couple of the pilots were sick, namely Goro and Ikuno. We know Ikuno overexerted herself so that could be it, but Hiro mentioned something about Goro possibly having the Child Fever, and we know how well Mitsuru handled that.

At the end of it all, it was a pretty good episode with revamped, bomb-ass music and new animated visuals in both the OP and ED. The hiatus that we all suffered through wasn't completely worth it, but it wasn't terrible nonetheless. I'm super psyched for next week and what's to come.

5/5
May 5, 2018 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
The calm before the storm... Before it all gets burned to the ground.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 5, 2018 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
masahiiro said:
GrimSuspect said:

It could be Code 00

PAPA and the APE peeps did say something about two keys

I don't like where this is going.

Nonetheless, this episode was really heartwarming, especially when everyone was crying at the end.

notices Zero Two death flag in distance
May 5, 2018 2:23 PM

May 2016
What a great heartwarming episode I never enjoyed watching this show to this extend.

So they teased another girl similar to Zero two hmm that would be interesting let's hope she is as cute as her cause next gonna be the battle for cutest Klaxoar girl.
May 5, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2014
Seeing Zero Two smiling so often is making me unseasonably warm. It's so reassuring.
Mitsuru's new haircut suits him so well. I couldn't take him seriously before.
I just hope that Futoshi won't end up getting killed just because he's fat.
May 5, 2018 2:33 PM
Nov 2016
Is that Code 001? in opening and end scene of episode ? i'm assuming she is...
May 5, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Damn. Just...damn.

New OP (visuals) and ED (song and visuals) are both absolutely AMAZING - will definitely be downloading the latter, for sure.

Alas, it was a nice calm-before-the-storm/Slice of Life episode that had more than a few "death flags" thrown in.

Enjoyed everyone's camaraderie - it was quite cute.

Anyway, can't wait to see what the next 8 episodes will bring! (and maybe if we're lucky, a second season?!)
May 5, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
Short_Circut said:
Seems like the main antagonist is about to be introduced and Kokoro smooth af with that kiss

Also looks like they went the Black Butler ways with the OP

I'm fairly sure Papa is going to be the main antagonist, especially since he thinks killing people is 'saving humanity'. Makes you wonder why he hates the klaxosaurs, and tries to prevent the pilots from 'saurification'.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.