Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we got a new OP song. I mean, it's more like a new version of it but I personally think it's better than the first one.

Looks like Zero Two is back to her usual self/personality.

Mitsuru's haircut makeover was also noticable this episode. I think it symbolized more than just a physical change for him. He also seems more kinder now than he was first introduced. I was also not expecting that kiss between her and Kokoro!

Pretty relaxing episode tbh after the drama and all the fighting. Zorome though...and I also wonder who that character is at the end.
Stark700May 5, 2018 7:56 AM
May 5, 2018 8:09 AM

Nov 2010
Things have developed well for all, especially for 02. Since this show always goes two steps forward and one step backward, bad things should come next. Quite time abundant plot making.
May 5, 2018 8:09 AM
May 2017
Hi
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Ooh, we got a new OP song. I mean, it's more like a new version of it but I personally think it's better than the first one.

Mitsuru's haircut makeover was also noticable this episode. I think it symbolized more than just a physical change for him. He also seems more kinder now than he was first introduced. I was also not expecting that kiss between her and Kokoro!

Pretty relaxing episode tbh after the drama and all the fighting. Zorome though...and I also wonder who that character is at the end.

What character? Is it a new character?
May 5, 2018 8:10 AM
Jun 2015
kuroneko99 said:
Things have developed well for all, especially for 02. Since this show always go two steps forward and one step backward, bad things should come next. Quite time abundant plot making.

Im curious onto the ED used - is it still beautiful world or a 5th ED?
May 5, 2018 8:13 AM

Mar 2011
uchimaki131 said:
kuroneko99 said:
Things have developed well for all, especially for 02. Since this show always go two steps forward and one step backward, bad things should come next. Quite time abundant plot making.

official youtube link posted a video so maybe its the new ending called escape

May 5, 2018 8:17 AM
Jun 2015
ricardo241 said:
uchimaki131 said:

official youtube link posted a video so maybe its the new ending called escape

Thanks! IT IS escape! The song foreshadows the remaining storyline :)
May 5, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2016
New opening is basically the same,but visuals are better.

Nice and calm episode,definitely felt good to see that after all the drama,but I'm hoping that things will pick up next week.

Kokoro kiss scene surprised,tho. Wonder how people are going to react..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2018 8:25 AM

Jun 2017
Great and relaxing episode after all this..

Character development happens so can't complain..

Love mitsuru's new haircut..
May 5, 2018 8:34 AM
Sep 2017
Does The new op indicates sad end???
May 5, 2018 8:37 AM

Mar 2011
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

The opening at the end shows 02 disappearing when she's about to hug Hiro

I blame Thanos bec. of that

But seriously...I don't think its about death...its probably about 02 leaving Hiro to save him or something ...you know like the girl on the picture book.....but I honestly don't think Hiro will let it happen

May 5, 2018 8:40 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ricardo241 said:
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

"Darling, i don't feel so good.."
May 5, 2018 8:42 AM
Sep 2017
I wish what you said will get true. I also heard that hiro also disappear at the end.
May 5, 2018 8:45 AM

Oct 2015
I think they are doing a better job for doing a flashback to show what happen after episode 15. One month time skip.

Great interaction and development , especially for 02. Love some her sweet moment with hiro.

Love this episode.
May 5, 2018 9:13 AM
Sep 2017
Who is expecting a happy end for this anime?I guess i am not expecting an happy end by the perspective of new op
May 5, 2018 9:25 AM

Nov 2017
May 5, 2018 9:27 AM

Mar 2011
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
Who is expecting a happy end for this anime?I guess i am not expecting an happy end by the perspective of new op

I'm expecting two ending but both got 02 and Hiro leaving squad 13

They will either die together or live to go an adventure together

May 5, 2018 9:30 AM
Jun 2016
DatRandomDude said:
ricardo241 said:

"Darling, i don't feel so good.."

Why, just why ? :((

May 5, 2018 9:33 AM

Jun 2017
Good to see the show back after the hiatus, The new OP is great.
May 5, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2017
Oh my god kokoro kissed mitsuru so cute i love them ;-;
May 5, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
It was a pretty nice episode.

Didn't expect the Kokoro Mitsuru kiss but I have no comment towards it apart from that.

I liked the serene tone this episode had to it, watching the kids living and fending for themselves was pretty nice. Zero Two's a lot more cheerful and kinder. Everyone's getting along well and everything seems to be going good.

I actually think I would've liked it more if they had just added some more conclusive material and ended it right here with all the kids realizing that there's more to life than just piloting a FranXX. Would've made for a nice sweet and sorta uplifting ending. Clearly that isn't gonna happen and I'm not sure what kind of drama whirlpool is gonna come up next but bring it on. If the OP is anything to go by, it just might end up with a tragic or bittersweet ending.

I assume the Zero Two look alike at the end is what the Elders refer to as the Klaxosaur princess but if that's true then who are the two keys?
May 5, 2018 9:37 AM
Feb 2018
Stark700 said:

It could be Code 00
May 5, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2018
Is it just me or is anyone getting a very fucking ominous vibe from the new OP btw new op was A1 ;)
May 5, 2018 9:44 AM

Jun 2012
Shit ton of character development

i wonder if they can wrap up the series in 8 episodes..

i'd think there's going to be another season
May 5, 2018 9:44 AM
Aug 2012
GrimSuspect said:

It could be Code 00

PAPA and the APE peeps did say something about two keys
May 5, 2018 9:47 AM
Mar 2018
"Don't worry. We'll be together forever"

NOOO!!! Why did you say that.

May 5, 2018 9:47 AM
Aug 2012
This episode is really brilliant

While it is great that 02 is accepted into the group, it feels like she gel in too well and she kinda lost all her old personality we all know of her. Not that it is a bad thing

Just feel abit off to see her behaving in this way. Quite a shocker
May 5, 2018 9:49 AM
Feb 2018
Good episode loved the vibe of it and how Zero two is now back to normal and seeing the team in good health(sort of) btw How are u guys posting banners??
May 5, 2018 9:50 AM
Apr 2018
The new OP and ED are giving me real bad vibes for the direction of show, sad vibes ☹️
May 5, 2018 9:51 AM
Feb 2018
masahiiro said:
This episode is really brilliant

While it is great that 02 is accepted into the group, it feels like she gel in too well and she kinda lost all her old personality we all know of her. Not that it is a bad thing

Just feel abit off to see her behaving in this way. Quite a shocker

Yeah it kind of threw me of too at first but it makes seeing she now has her darling and the team accepts her and all, it all puts a smile on my face.
May 5, 2018 9:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The new visuals for the second half sure were nice though. The damage to the plantation sure ended up changing their lives though. Kokoro and Mitsuru's relationship sure is improving. It was interesting to see the squad learn to adapt to the new situation and learn to cook themselves though. After seeing what happened to s26 its not surprising that they would fear that fate as well. An interesting episode that did a great job of showing the change to both the lives of the team on both a practical level and a more personal level. Looks like they are starting to realise that there is more to life than combat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode showing the parasites can survive on their own, although the ominous appearance of the blue oni with AN ACTUAL DRAGON was very surprising at the end.
May 5, 2018 9:54 AM

Dec 2017
this is the beach episode all over again, time to raise the black flags bois

and some good improvement to mitsuru's and zorome's characters, i like that shit. now feed me up with some deaths

---also "darling, don't peek! ;p" while in manga he has seen her naked like 3 times already
uninstallthegameMay 5, 2018 9:59 AM
May 5, 2018 9:55 AM
Mar 2018
I cry everytime. Ichigo is the best

May 5, 2018 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Seems like the main antagonist is about to be introduced and Kokoro smooth af with that kiss

Also looks like they went the Black Butler ways with the OP
May 5, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2017
Loved this episode, it was quite unusual to watch it because how lighthearted and happy it was considering last few episodes. Episode finished with giving us a clue about what is to come, looking forward to that.

New OP visuals are great and ED is good too.
May 5, 2018 9:59 AM

Jan 2018
Stark700 said:

It's the urrossaurus princess, pope talked about her in this episode
May 5, 2018 10:00 AM
Apr 2018
Last episode the elders called zero two a key and now they said two keys which means that the charcter in the end was probebly the other key ehich means she/he is probebly the Klaxosaur princes and zero two is the Klaxosaur princess and togather they will be able to free humanity from the terror of the klaxosaurus or she is the second version of zero two and getting both of their mind togather (by a franxx rechnollogy) will release the Klaxosaur princess which is suppose to be the key to save humanity by (probebly) having the ability to control the Klaxosaurus and that is probebly why both zero two and her other version or her sister or whoever she is are being called keys. This is all a theory btw.
Also she was probebly locked up at the grand crevasse.
Seven_IotaMay 5, 2018 10:06 AM

Sep 2017
Great and relaxing episode which is good after this much drama..

Excited for the next..

ボールルームダンサー

Dec 2016
That IchigoxIkuno yuri in the ED. I wonder if it will see any development or if it's just a bait.

Dec 2017
Who is this new pink creature with a sweet behavior and where is the catty one? I don't remember putting on rose colored glasses.

It's nice to see 02 turn over a new leaf and act sweetly, but I kind of miss that wild part of her now.

UgIyGOD said:
The new OP and ED are giving me real bad vibes for the direction of show, sad vibes ☹️

Same here man
May 5, 2018 10:02 AM
Feb 2018
readher said:
That IchigoxIkuno yuri in the ED. I wonder if it will see any development or if it's just a bait.

I was just about to say that lol btw how do u post pics on here
May 5, 2018 10:03 AM
Aug 2012
I think we will have more character development in the same order as the ending. with of course 02 having the most coverage and ichigo the least since her arc is more or less complete.

Damn that IkunoIchigo tease at the end
May 5, 2018 10:06 AM

Sep 2013
This was the breather episode it seems, as the final arc of the anime will play out from here on. A lot of deathflags were raised LOL

I like the new opening song visuals a lot. Really nice animation.
May 5, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2017
readher said:

nah, probably not. i think ichigo will go goro route and ikuno will be ignored
May 5, 2018 10:07 AM

May 2017
Does no one feel bad for Futoshi?
I mean his partner left him and now she's in love with Mitsuru.
Yes No Maybe
May 5, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
Ok so I'm not the only one who noticed that Ikuno x Ichigo thing in the ED. No one mentioned it for a while and I was like "did no one else notice that."

Anyway, pretty decent episode with more character drama. I wasn't expecting Kokoro to kiss Mitsuru, and I'm curious about the new character teased at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 5, 2018 10:10 AM

Jan 2016
I loved the new version of the opening, but the end of it made me quiet worried for the future of Hiro and 02 in particular.

It was a bit corny but in the end a enjoyable episode, 02 looks so relaxed now which is awesome to see. I like Kokoro, but not Mitsuru and that's why I don't like their relationship unfortunately.

Ichigo wasn't a Bichigo after all, mature of her to first approach 02 after everything. The gang is also a lot more chill with the whole 02 and Hiro situation and accepted that they don't know a lot about their relationship
May 5, 2018 10:10 AM
Apr 2018
The calm before the storm..

They did a good episode again, they needed to show us how 002 get into the group. Also the fact that Zero-Two has finnaly become ''human ;)'' bc of Hiro is fcking great. We can see the links between them all become stronger. I'm pretty sure it's bc they are gonna kill some ppl. So this development it's really well done.

The new ending is really good to me. New Ending is the same sound but the new visual made me fear even more for a '' Sad Ending"...
May 5, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2017
Despite their current situation, it was nice seeing the whole squad trying to make the best of it.
May 5, 2018 10:11 AM
Mar 2016
I think the new character in the op is the "blue" oni, because I paused the screen and it shows the character with 1 blue horn.
Loved this episode, Zero two and Hiro's interactions were cute. When he tried to grab her hand though.
Miku is aging?
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.