Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 2:57 PM
Oct 2017
I have eye allergies
Apr 7, 2018 2:58 PM

Sep 2016
basically what i was thinking during this episode
Apr 7, 2018 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
The original ONI version of Zero Two was amazing and cute, why she want to become more human? Stay ONI dumbass and bring your Darling to the red side. :D

Anyway a very good flashback episode, from both perspective, origin of names included, also good they have regain their memories back.

5/5
Apr 7, 2018 3:01 PM
Apr 2017
this anime is going to be legendary

Apr 7, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2016
So this is the turning point of this anime. On one hand, I'm happy that I finally have a reason to care about Hiro and Zero Two and that main plot is finally starting to kick in, but I feel that this series took too long to get to that.

Personally I would love to see the characters escape the facilities they lived in for so long after discovering the real truth about themselves and begin to explore the outside world. Are there other humans out there? Ones who live much freer lives? Are the Klaxosaurs really the villains? I want to to see the characters grow and live their own lives. Hell, I even want to see Mitsuru and Kokoro make a baby together as part them discovering what it's like to be human.

But with only eleven episodes left I fear that the studios are going to start rushing things to give us a satisfying ending but lacks any sort of impact. Honestly, this series needs another season, at least another twelve episode. Who knows? Maybe that's what they have in mind so it's going to be interesting to see how they handle things from here. I just hope they don't gloss Hiro finally regaining his lost memories and go back to the way things were. I'll be really disappointed if they do that.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Apr 7, 2018 3:09 PM
Mar 2018
Oh I already forgot about that

Apr 7, 2018 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
First time this anime made me be so restless about waiting another week for the next episode...

But damn, the adults in this anime are all scumbags except that old lady Zorome met

But how did Hiro lose memories?
Apr 7, 2018 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
SNDT said:

Oh wow, what a fucking nice catch.
Apr 7, 2018 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, we got a nice flashback that explains more stuff, and overall was really nice and cute, but...

Can somebody explain what happened inside Strelizia? What triggered the flashback?

P.S.: Dr. Franxx is a piece of sh**
removed-userApr 7, 2018 3:22 PM
Apr 7, 2018 3:22 PM
Mar 2018
SupremeEdgelord said:
Okay, we got a nice flashback that explains more stuff, and overall was really nice and cute, but...

Can somebody explain what happened inside Strelizia? Why Hiro had this sudden flashback?

P.S.: Dr. Franxx is a pos

Perhaps this is somehow related to this

Apr 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
SupremeEdgelord said:

Can somebody explain what happened inside Strelizia? Why Hiro had this sudden flashback?
P.S.: Dr. Franxx is a piece of sh**

He was being chocked by a red ghost that looked like 02.
Don't ask why, just accept it as another plot convenience.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 7, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
SNDT said:
SupremeEdgelord said:

P.S.: Dr. Franxx is a pos

Perhaps this is somehow related to this

Okay, but why are their concioussnesses merging through Strelizia? What is that red ghost and why is it choking Hiro?
Apr 7, 2018 3:25 PM
Jul 2014
-Arisa said:
Loved this episode! My favorite so far.

I'm glad we finally got to see how 02 was in the past, but the way the adults treated her was quite painful to see!
I thought Dr. Franxx was a decent guy but this episode proved that he's just some mad scientist who sees the kids as experiments!

Seeing both Hiro & Zero two as kids was nice, they were so adorable!!
Especially Zero two, she's so cute!!

It also now makes sense looking back such as the reason she likes sweet things, when she asked him to run away with her, why she's okay with the name Zero Two etc + With Hiro remembering how cruel the adults are, I hope we get to see a Rebellion Arc!

Gah it ended with a cliffhanger, can't wait to see what will happen now that Hiro finally remembered her!
I also hope it doesn't end like the picture book, after all what both of them went through, they deserve to be together ;;

This will likely end in tragedy, judging by the thematic references being made, particularly with reference to Misletoe, the Golden Bough and an in-universe version of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Also the Prince and the Beast is a reflection of The Little Mermaid in its original form.

ZingFreelancer said:

Did the show ever bother establish why they need two pilots for the mechas?

aesthetics, theme of the show focused on male-female romance and tragedy.

Did the show ever bother establishing why girls has handles attached to their hips boys have to grab to drive?

aesthetics and pairing themes, also fanservice opportunities for initial attraction before we get into the meat of the plot.

What kind of power source is Franxx using and why is the power cut right after the girl is removed from the cockpit.

If you were paying attention and reading the other source material, you'd know that they're powered by magma-based fuel (the same used in their weapons), and that the person in the lower section of the pilots area serves as a physical interlink to the rest of the mech, allowing for better handling. In this case, the female becomes the "avatar" of the mech and handles movement or inputs from the male pilot, while the male pilot shares the maneuvering load and handles weapons. It's pretty much the same thing as pacific rim.

Why can a girl can control a Franxx in "berserk" state without a need for a boy? Plot convenience?
Its suggested that, like in Pacific Rim, an individual can pilot the mech but it places lethal strain on the individual pilot if used for too long. This will likely be explained further as we move along, but in the three times that it's been used so far it's hardly been plot convenience. The characters have had valid reasons for using the mode that further their own goals. Again, you'd know this if you were really paying attention to the way the characters and story are being set up.

But the boy has to sit in there and wait to be rescued? Plot convenience maybe?
Finally, what is Klaxosaur and where do they come from? Another plot convenience?

Perhaps the only valid instance of plot convenience so far, but it makes sense given that male pilots aren't physically interlinked into the mech, and don't have the equipment and scan hood for it.

As for klaxosaurs: all in good time. Stop being so impatient. The origin of klaxosaurs is likely a significant plot revelation for later.

The way the story is told is rather artificial, everything we know so far is just a pretext for the sake of plot convenience. Not to mention over sexualisation for no god damn reason. I dont know about you, but I've seen this trope far too many times to care about their half arsed execution. Think back to Deadman Wonderland, Guilty Crown, Elfen Lied and Eureka Seven.

Explain to me why you believe this is artificial? What short of a few instances, what part of this feels overly forced?

Not to mention over sexualisation for no god damn reason.

And? This detracts from the show in what way? beyond piloting, the show hasn't dwelled on overt sexuality since about episode three. In fact, when it was last brought up, as in episode 12, it was displayed as part of an emotional breakdown by a character whose driving goal is to be with the only person whom she felt safe with: her darling; in this episode, we see exactly why: because she was tortured for most of her childhood, and as such needs to feel and be human in order to be accepted and feel loved.

You speak of emotions, but in order to feel something about 02, we must first be made to care about her. But I can hardly bring myself to care about someone who only cares about herself. Like at first, she was all high and mighty, but her easy going and fun loving behaviour was quite endearing, so we could give her a pass on the rest. But she never really bonded, or tried to bond with neither MC or the side characters. Instead she started acting like a bitch towards everyone because her horns and fangs grown a little?

This episode provides firm grounding for her personality, and fully explains almost all of her actions throughout the series. To wit:
-She likes sweet things because they remind her of Hiro.
-She hates her transformation because it reminds her of when she was tortured through blowing up her body and watching it regenerate throughout her childhood.
-She associates humanity with security in that regard, so the more human she is, the more secure she feels; conversely, her transformation is stressing her out out and she will do literally anything to avoid returning to being that test subject.
-She seeks out her Darling actively because he's the only thing that makes her feel safe; she's basically moving along stages 2-4 of maslow's hierarchy of needs.

The whole flashback about her, it was rather predictable. In fact, the little monster was so adorable that I would rather watch another 12 episodes with both Hiro and 02 on the run. Instead we are going to have this whole 360 turn around for 02 where she might actually realise how she went ahead and fucked up?

I'm not concerned with predictability so much as how well Darlifra tells the story from here on out. In fact, we know from the cold opening at episode 1 that Zero-Two does realize that she fucked up, but also that things go badly wrong in a way that culminates in her being in the Garden the following winter surrounded by klaxosaurs. In all likelihood they in fact do rebel and go on the run in some form or another. However, we'll have to wait and see. We only have snippets and we don't know enough to speculate accurately.

Maybe by japanese standards zero two is a name, but by European standards that's just two digits. Hence why, NOT A NAME.

Careful there, your cultural arrogance and standards are showing. You torpedoed your own argument here by noting that by Japanese standards it's a name. They're making a show based on Japanese standards, hence what you think about the name explicitly does not matter. Your feelings about the aesthetics of a name does not mean that the show has unintelligent writing.

Potato, tomato. Call it whatever you want, somebody is messing with their brains.

It does very much matter in that the way you address it shows that you aren't paying attention and don't care about the show. Hence, if you're just here to complain because the show is merely "what's on," might I suggest watching something else?
Apr 7, 2018 3:27 PM

Apr 2008
SupremeEdgelord said:

Okay, but why are their concioussnesses merging through Strelizia? What is that red ghost and why is it choking Hiro?

Just accept the ghost as a plot device required for Hiro to remember what was "erased" from his mind and go do something productive in your life.
Apr 7, 2018 3:30 PM
Jul 2014
ConfusionHaze said:
firemagnet said:

In what way is the show a failure at intelligent writing at this point? Rather, look at this guy's analysis of episode 12 and tell me that all the themes, emotional references, and then tell me again that the show is somehow not "written intelligently"

Also, I'm not grasping at straws; he literally names her Zero-Two in this episode after seeing her ankle bracelet.

Your reaction to that scene leads me to believe that you weren't paying attention and didn't really watch the episode, much less the show. It's quite clear that they're having their memories erased; Doctor Franxx even orders it as such, and only keeps Hiro alive because he's "an interesting test subject."

LMAO that fucking video cant be serious.

Darling In the franxx ep 12 analysis and the guy has a fucking whiteboard behind him in the miniature with "klaxosaur threat" written on it is that actually serious I'm dying XDD

Why are people around here so insecure about what they watch?

Some people enjoy analyzing shows that way. I don't feel that need, but it's nice to know in depth the origins of the themes that the show explores and the depth of research that went into making the series. More pointedly, it shows that the writers know what they're doing and from that sort of analysis we can get some idea of where the show is headed thematically.
Apr 7, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
SupremeEdgelord said:

Just accept the ghost as a plot device required for Hiro to remember what was "erased" from his mind and go do something productive in your life.

@SupremeEdgelord.

It was already established back in the first few episodes that piloting a franxx requires a mental and physical connection between both pilots. As for why male and female, because it fits in with the themes of the show examining romance and tragic romance.

The whole red zero-two thing is a show, don't tell device, a manifestation of her conciousness to demonstrate how deep the link has gotten that she can literally will the life out of him, and provides a jumping point for the both of them to regain the memories that were already coming back to them, thus moving the plot into its next act.

Apr 7, 2018 3:36 PM
Feb 2018
I loved this ep, the past of Zero Two and Hiro is kinda heart worming. The end of the ep was worth a tear when Zero Two looked back to Hiro after the "You where the picture book girl" sentence, again it was heartworming.
Apr 7, 2018 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
Why it ended here nooo I need wait 1 more week for continue ? :((
But nice episode finally I know why she wanted only him. Last few seconds tears starting to fall from my face I'm happy he remembered that he knew her before :))
Apr 7, 2018 3:41 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
First 12 eps of this show were just ok. Nothing special. But THIS episode... Well, it surprised me in a good way. From overall 6/10 show with this 10/10 episode it's 8/10 for me now. Everything seems more clear and shit is about to be done I suppose... First time I can say that I can't wait for another episode of Darling in the FranXX
Apr 7, 2018 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
SNDT said:

It's nice when something is so written that you can see how characters influence each other... Zero Two is perhaps one of the most well realized characters I've seen to date in terms of emotional rendering. We have an entire map of the influences on her actions and why she does what she does.
Apr 7, 2018 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
@ZingFreelancer I already do productive stuff from every monday to every friday, don't worry about what i do, pal.

@firemagnet That a huge detail about how the franxx robots work that i forgot, i feel stupid now...
Apr 7, 2018 3:50 PM
Jul 2014
Hulek46 said:
First 12 eps of this show were just ok. Nothing special. But THIS episode... Well, it surprised me in a good way. From overall 6/10 show with this 10/10 episode it's 8/10 for me now. Everything seems more clear and shit is about to be done I suppose... First time I can say that I can't wait for another episode of Darling in the FranXX

The best thing it does that it establishes the psychological and emotional grounding for Zero-Two in one episode; she goes from being a fanservice character for the most part to a very well realized character whose actions are now fully and consistently based on logic that she learned when she was a child.

To wit:

She wants her darling because her darling makes her feel safe, part of the crowd. If she can be with her darling, she can avoid being tortured and abandoned; to be with her darling, she has to be human, hence she'll do anything to be human. She likes water and bathes because her smell reminds her of being a klaxosaur and therefore of the torture she endured; she likes sweets because to her they represent kindness and affection as shown to her by Hiro.

So her transformation is reminding her of all the pain she endured and losing Hiro, hence why it's causing her so much stress that she'll literally do anything, sacrifice anyone if it means she can stay human and hence stay safe. Then she realizes that Hiro is her darling, and it all comes together in one beautiful moment:
YukiJudai_100 said:
this anime is going to be legendary

A-yup.
firemagnetApr 7, 2018 3:54 PM
Apr 7, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2012
Very good episode. The best one so far.

i'm wondering now...is this the turnaround episode?
Trigger animes all had a more or less slow start (except TTGL which was basically made by Trigger too) then the story picks up and things change which leads things to the conclusion. If Hiro really got all his memories back then his personality may go back to what he was before (a very active child who was always trying to understand everything around him while the others just accept things as it was) and this may lead to things happening in a way that their "papa" may not be too happy about.

Also, i want to see how this will change Zero-Two and her actions from now on.
KaeUBWApr 7, 2018 4:03 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 7, 2018 3:52 PM
Jul 2014
SupremeEdgelord said:
@ZingFreelancer I already do productive stuff from every monday to every friday, don't worry about what i do, pal.

@firemagnet That a huge detail about how the franxx robots work that i forgot, i feel stupid now...

You're welcome. With respect to ZingFreelancer, I should remind myself that I shouldn't be feeding trolls.
Apr 7, 2018 3:54 PM
Aug 2017
I cried, it was too much for my heart.
Apr 7, 2018 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Thoughts and prayers to the Ichigo shippers.
Apr 7, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
LMAO. Hiro is Belle and Zero 2 is Beast. Nice gender bender fan fiction.
Apr 7, 2018 4:03 PM

Mar 2018
I started watching this series for the mechas & "fan-service"... now i'm here for the feels :c
Apr 7, 2018 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
OMFG! I waited so long for this part of the story and now they give it to me all at once. Many emotions to describe. I want to have a loli zero two now (no sexual way). Arrrgghhh; to wait another week to see how they solve it. Although they erased Hiro's memory, it's not so bad with Mitsuru.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OMFG! Espere tanto esta parte de la historia y ahora me la dan de golpe todo junto. Muchas emociones para describir. Quiero tener una loli zero two ahora (no sexual way). Arrrgghhh; a esperar otra semana para ver como lo resuelven. Aunque que le borraran la memoria a Hiro hace que no sea tan malo con lo de Mitsuru.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Apr 7, 2018 4:08 PM

May 2017
That last scene though
I may or may not have cried for 10 minutes
Yes No Maybe
Apr 7, 2018 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
firemagnet said:

This will likely end in tragedy, judging by the thematic references being made, particularly with reference to Misletoe, the Golden Bough and an in-universe version of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Also the Prince and the Beast is a reflection of The Little Mermaid in its original form.

Don't have to be a genius to know the ending will be tragic. How many shows have you seen that don't end in tragedy?

firemagnet said:

aesthetics, theme of the show focused on male-female romance and tragedy.
aesthetics and pairing themes, also fanservice opportunities for initial attraction before we get into the meat of the plot.

I dont really understand how aesthetics supposed to justify any of that.

firemagnet said:

If you were paying attention and reading the other source material, you'd know that they're powered by magma-based fuel (the same used in their weapons), and that the person in the lower section of the pilots area serves as a physical interlink to the rest of the mech, allowing for better handling. In this case, the female becomes the "avatar" of the mech and handles movement or inputs from the male pilot, while the male pilot shares the maneuvering load and handles weapons. It's pretty much the same thing as pacific rim.

I know about the magma, am just curious why a mech would cut out completely when Ichigo was ejected. I don't think you are right about male's being Avatars. Girls voice and face is applied to machine surface and when girl is talking to the boy, for some reason a machines face is displayed on screen. Which leave the question: Why is the guy inside there at all? Anyway, thinking about it just pointless as anime, unlike Pacific Rim, never really establish any scientific reasons for their mechs. They are simply, plot conveniences.
If you think back to it, Hiro were not even required to be CONSCIOUS when piloting with 02 for the first time. If you think on it, in most battles it felt like the girls were taking the lead. Especially in case of Hiro, what is his actual purpose inside of strelitzia? It seems like 02 is in charge of most of the fights and if anything episode 12 and 13 reinforced it even more.

firemagnet said:

Perhaps the only valid instance of plot convenience so far, but it makes sense given that male pilots aren't physically interlinked into the mech, and don't have the equipment and scan hood for it.

If you think of Pacific Rim, a single person CAN pilot a mech, it just a terrible, terrible idea. But they can pilot it in a do or die situation or in order to assist in recovery of VALUABLE MILITARY EQUIPMENT. But in this anime, if female co-pilot is incapacitated or, god forbid, killed, you are boned.

firemagnet said:

As for klaxosaurs: all in good time. Stop being so impatient. The origin of klaxosaurs is likely a significant plot revelation for later.

Maybe am being impatient, but what have klaxosaurs achieved so far to label them an actual threat? Some minor property damage? Not like they destroyed a city or devoured humans. I mean, the last big fight they had happened near a magma extractor and that can be justified because klaxosaurs got hungry and tried to go for what is considered easy source of food.

firemagnet said:

Explain to me why you believe this is artificial? What short of a few instances, what part of this feels overly forced?

How many days has passed between Hiro meeting 02 and him dying? How well did they get to know each other? So well that 02 was more then willing to accept that it was Hiro's limit and that he was going to die. When Hiro was about to kick the bucket, he decided not to because the girl he recently met would be forced to be lonely again. Then he magically recovered his wounds and was good as new. Queue the beach scene!

I could accept Hiro deciding to live because if he died, 02 would have to revert back to berserk state and we know its not that all too powerful. Which would leave his friends, including Ichigo, who he GREW UP WITH, being in mortal danger. Since he already failed Naomi, he would not want to fail Ichigo as well. Clinging to life and ensuring 02 can kill that klaxosaurs is his best chance at keeping his friends alive. I would imagine that after the battle some questions would be raised by the research staff or Hiro himself. Maybe even his closest friends as to why he is still alive. But nope, queue the fan service!

firemagnet said:

And? This detracts from the show in what way? beyond piloting, the show hasn't dwelled on overt sexuality since about episode three. In fact, when it was last brought up, as in episode 12, it was displayed as part of an emotional breakdown by a character whose driving goal is to be with the only person whom she felt safe with: her darling; in this episode, we see exactly why: because she was tortured for most of her childhood, and as such needs to feel and be human in order to be accepted and feel loved.

Kids dont even know what a kiss is, yet docking of two plantation and energy transfer is called "kissing". Like, why would anybody call it kissing if they were not making a pervy joke. But the joke is kinda lost on the kids because they have no clue what a kiss is. Which makes the whole thing, WORTHLESS.

firemagnet said:

This episode provides firm grounding for her personality, and fully explains almost all of her actions throughout the series. To wit:
-She likes sweet things because they remind her of Hiro.
-She hates her transformation because it reminds her of when she was tortured through blowing up her body and watching it regenerate throughout her childhood.
-She associates humanity with security in that regard, so the more human she is, the more secure she feels; conversely, her transformation is stressing her out out and she will do literally anything to avoid returning to being that test subject.
-She seeks out her Darling actively because he's the only thing that makes her feel safe; she's basically moving along stages 2-4 of maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Come on man, how much time do you think they spent together? Two hours? Half a day at best?
At this point, 02 spent more time with the shadowy caretaker that gave her that book then with Hiro. Her whole reason for liking sweets is because her first taste of sweets has been from him? The writers of this dumpsterfire of a story should go and read Deadman Wonderland or Elfen Lied in order to learn how to write believable characters.

firemagnet said:

I'm not concerned with predictability so much as how well Darlifra tells the story from here on out. In fact, we know from the cold opening at episode 1 that Zero-Two does realize that she fucked up, but also that things go badly wrong in a way that culminates in her being in the Garden the following winter surrounded by klaxosaurs. In all likelihood they in fact do rebel and go on the run in some form or another. However, we'll have to wait and see. We only have snippets and we don't know enough to speculate accurately.

firemagnet said:

Careful there, your cultural arrogance and standards are showing. You torpedoed your own argument here by noting that by Japanese standards it's a name. They're making a show based on Japanese standards, hence what you think about the name explicitly does not matter. Your feelings about the aesthetics of a name does not mean that the show has unintelligent writing.

Cultural ignorance? What's that supposed to mean?
Japanese like their world play and its fine, Ichigo means strawberry and its cool. But Ichigo will remain Ichigo, a person. While 02 is a designation, its literally means: zero two. This number can be assigned to any other person or object. With the way Hiro likes to play the name game, I am still highly disappointed in 02 not having a more human name.

firemagnet said:

It does very much matter in that the way you address it shows that you aren't paying attention and don't care about the show. Hence, if you're just here to complain because the show is merely "what's on," might I suggest watching something else?

I dropped by and bought a bunch of light novels the other day, so got something to keep myself busy with. But if you have anything good to recommend that I have not seen yet, please feel free to PM me. I would appreciate it very much.
ZingFreelancerApr 7, 2018 4:20 PM
Apr 7, 2018 4:26 PM
Feb 2018
Episode was solid, loved the back story with Hiro and 002. For me this put a lot in order from the one sided love story of Ichigo, That girl had no chance against the curiosity of Hiro.

Im noticing that maybe the lower your number the more closer you are to an actual human with emotion, curiosity, intelligence. The live in a place called Garden. Maybe they are clones? and the number represents the amount of times they have been brought back and the more times the further away from humanity you are. (theory)

As for what was presented, there is enough curiosity and lines sowed to breeze right on through to episode 22.
Apr 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
firemagnet said:
SNDT said:

It's nice when something is so written that you can see how characters influence each other... Zero Two is perhaps one of the most well realized characters I've seen to date in terms of emotional rendering. We have an entire map of the influences on her actions and why she does what she does.

ffffffff
me before: darling in the franxx sucks
me after this episode: SO BEAUTIFUL PLEASE STAY THIS WAY
Apr 7, 2018 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Finally an episode that focus on character development and explain more on this world. I really didn't understand people claiming the fanservice episode improved the character development. This is how you do it properly, not with cringe fanservice. Let's hope this show stays like that until it ends
Apr 7, 2018 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
Again, this episode did emotional execution amazingly. This is the first time we've seen 02's shell break, and I imagine from here on out it'll be smooth sailing with her and Hiro.

But I do wonder where the story will go.

Hiro and 02 will almost certainly rebel now that they've found their memories. Who will be on their side? Goro and Ichigo will follow Hiro. So will Mitsuru, probably, since he will know that Hiro's memories were forced from him. Kokoro herself may want to rebel--in the sense that she wants to find out more about this world. So Futoshi will follow probably. Ikuno will also follow because of Ichigo. My sense is that Miku is actually soft-hearted enough that she will sympathize with 02, and Zorome will want to know more too after his encounter with the adult. So with respect to the squad we should see a pretty quick coalescing around Hiro and 02. I think this might take maybe one episode max. Maybe another episode or half will be 02 revealing the secrets of this world (perhaps as part of the effort to bring everyone onboard).

Unfortunately outside of their squad it doesn't seem like the will have any support. Nana and Hachi have a slim chance of joining but that won't happen immediately. I thought Dr. Franxx might have been an ally, but that seems unlikely after this episode.

Then the question would be how, and that's where we're probably stuck. It doesn't look like we're all of a sudden head toward politics, so it will have to be an armed rebellion. APE might not know that Hiro has regained his memories so as long as the mission was completed they might not dig further into what precisely happened. That will give the squad time and space to plot. Will they get to rally other kids? Will they have to turn against the entirety of humanity as they know it? There are still many questions left unanswered but I hope we get some clarity from here.
Apr 7, 2018 4:34 PM
Oct 2017
Such a good episode. Great way to finish the construction/discovery process.

The moment of confrontation is just around the corner. Let's see what choices are made.

Apr 7, 2018 4:35 PM
Mar 2018
Such a wonderful episode, it's going to be impossible to wait a whole week for the next.
Apr 7, 2018 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode! Zero Two and Hiro is the interesting focus in the show.
I could care less for the side characters, their arcs were meh.

A lot of Kiznaiver vibes! Better than Kiznaiver though.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AnimeSoapApr 7, 2018 4:44 PM
Apr 7, 2018 4:39 PM
Oct 2014
Clearly the best episode for the moment ! THIS LAST SCENE GOSSSSSSHHHV
Apr 7, 2018 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not crying, you're crying!

This episode was just too good to describe it properly with words.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 7, 2018 4:49 PM

Mar 2010
Origami_Bullets said:
Episode was solid, loved the back story with Hiro and 002. For me this put a lot in order from the one sided love story of Ichigo, That girl had no chance against the curiosity of Hiro.

Im noticing that maybe the lower your number the more closer you are to an actual human with emotion, curiosity, intelligence. The live in a place called Garden. Maybe they are clones? and the number represents the amount of times they have been brought back and the more times the further away from humanity you are. (theory)

As for what was presented, there is enough curiosity and lines sowed to breeze right on through to episode 22.

... Please rewatch this episode. They straight up explained the meaning behind the numbers. ._.;; Your theory holds as much water as a spaghetti strainer.

----------------

Wonder if licking Zerotwo's wound and ingesting her blood will come up as a factor in his resiliency against her succubus-like ways. Imprinting is strong, but so are electronic lobotomies. How far back were his memories erased? (I have the feeling this was actually answered earlier but don't want to rewatch already.) Was his dull performance prior due to having organic brain damage? WHY HAS NO ONE ELSE BROUGHT UP THAT KIDDY HIRO KNEW OF BOOKS? THAT HAD CHARACTERS WITH ACTUAL NAMES AND UNDERSTOOD THE CONCEPT OF MARRIAGE?! O_O;;; This honestly was the biggest revelation for me in this episode.. Where/why did he get access to them, when the rest of the kids around didn't even know of the concept of "names"?

I find it ironic that an "answer" episode raised more questions for me. T_T
deadman80Apr 7, 2018 4:57 PM
Apr 7, 2018 4:49 PM
Jan 2018
The episode is amazing omfg Now i got to wait that 1 week ffs
Apr 7, 2018 4:55 PM
Sep 2014
After the last 2 episodes I really disliked 02 because she was acted like a cunt, but now after seeing this episode I understand why she is like that.
10/10 best episode of the entire year.
Apr 7, 2018 4:57 PM

Sep 2016
Fucking cliffhanger, amazing episode fucking amazing episode lol.

Maximum feels.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 7, 2018 5:01 PM
Jun 2017
Rabt said:
AHHHHHHHHHHI LOVE THIS EPISODE. I WANNA SEE HOW HIRO AND ZERO TWO TURN OUT
SAMEEEEE THIS EPISODE IS JUST SO SAD AND THE FEELSSSSS
DAMN CLIFFHANGER
Apr 7, 2018 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
Klad said:
First time this anime made me be so restless about waiting another week for the next episode...

But damn, the adults in this anime are all scumbags except that old lady Zorome met

she's her mother.
Apr 7, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
Finally a good episode at last , marking the half episode of the show. We get to see 02,016 past , no wonder they forgot a lot of thing, dr XxX erase their memories.
I cant wait next week
Apr 7, 2018 5:06 PM
Apr 2018
Anyone know name of the song in 17:00?
Apr 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Feb 2015
Klad said:

You closed the episode as long as the ending song rolled in or what?
They showed us Zero Two and Hiro on lab beds some with kind of machine on their heads and Dr. Franxx standing above them.
They just used that thing, simple as that.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 7, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man, what an episode, this week is going to be a LONG wait for me until the episode preview comes out

Zero Two and Hiro are truly meant for each other and holy Hiro and Zero Two was super cute as kids
CEOAmaterasuApr 7, 2018 8:33 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.