Forum Settings
Forums
Smokin' Parade
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2015 4:11 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WOW. This manga didn't waste time...It's really interesting so far. A lot of gore.
Her sister was is cute!
I love them, don't know why~

The birthday party was disturbing. Happy Birthday~

Great first chapter and great art as well IMO.
XenocrisiAug 29, 2015 5:23 PM
Aug 29, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2011
As expected by the author of Deadman Wonderland, it didn't waste time to get to the violent content. Surprisingly, it revealed more about the main characters than I had expected.

Happy bloody birthday.

I also wonder how many chapters this will run for?
Aug 30, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2014
well al halhalhal rightyyyy then, pretty similar start to deadman wonderland lol if not more brutal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
Well as expected, I completely forgot about this until a couple of minutes ago when I was looking through my plan to read list.
Where do you read this?

Edit: ok, I found one. One chapter and I'm already loving it! I never watched/read Deadman Wonderland so I don't know what to expect, but so far it's really good imo. I also like the steampunk elements.
toblynarutoSep 4, 2015 3:09 PM
Sep 3, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
nice chapter. awesome art, really cool to see and read
Sep 3, 2015 7:40 PM

May 2014
Does anyone know where some good scanslations are? The one I read had horrid engrish

EDIT: nevermind found a good one

This series has an awesome start, expecting great things
WitchJacquelineSep 3, 2015 9:00 PM
Sep 4, 2015 12:30 AM

Jul 2012
A lot of parallels with the structure of deadman wonderland, but that's a good thing.

Extremely well done first chapter, in my opinion. Emotional and gory, with what seems like an interesting cast of characters and an awesome protagonist. I didn't know exactly what to expect, but this first chapter was very enjoyable and I have high expectations for the series.

Hopefully, if and when it gets an anime down the line, it'll adapt the whole story instead of these introductory chapters (unlike another series I know).
Sep 6, 2015 6:51 AM

Oct 2013
Didn't like it, felt lackluster to Me. Gore and more gore that's all I saw. And I like deadman wonderland btw. This better improve in the next few chapters.
Sep 7, 2015 3:37 AM
Jul 2014
Seems like a really great 1st chapter, violent and gory straight from the get-go, loving the character designs so far ^_^ Hope that the next chapters will further improve the story, its got lots of potential
Sep 7, 2015 9:36 AM
Apr 2014
Okay-ish. Not much stands out except the gore part.

Hopefully MC gets better.
Sep 7, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
known for gore, we got much of what we expected, and definitely not complaining. still, for this manga, it's hard to b picky by one chapter. it's interesting. looking out for more.
Sep 7, 2015 3:50 PM

Nov 2012
Well... it didn't waste time getting to the gore. I thought it was a good first chapter, it got me excited to see more.

Is this gonna come out monthly?

Sep 7, 2015 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
Well it's pretty much what you would expect from the duo that did Deadman Wonderland, lots of violence, lots of gore, and just a bunch of fucked up imagery in general. I'm certainly interested though, looking forward to the next chapter, also really great art, especially the opening colour pages.
Sep 8, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
BlueEyedUchiha said:

I think so. This should be monthly.
Sep 10, 2015 3:14 AM
Sep 2015
As expected from the author of deadman wonderman. Blood and gore. Bloody birthdays. This is just my favourite! Re-reading many times since yesterday couldn't have enough! Looking forward for the next chapter
Sep 10, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2014
Damn that was an awesome start, already can see I'm going to enjoy this much more than DW. The designs are very cool, a lot of gore and the cast seems awesome from 1st impressions.
Sep 11, 2015 11:05 PM
Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
BlueEyedUchiha said:

At the end of the chapter it says to be continued in November. That's two months
Sep 11, 2015 11:51 PM

Jan 2015
Oryza said:
Xenocrisi said:

At the end of the chapter it says to be continued in November. That's two months

It could be just for the 2ns chapter. Thank you for the information, i didn't notice it.
Sep 13, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
Damn! That was pretty damn good. Art and gore are top notch. Dat birthday cake :O

Loving Youkou a lot. His personality is pretty unique, the way he just doesn't seem to give a fuck. Jumping on cars just for a dropped can and his little to barely no reaction to having his friggin arms and leg cut off by his sister was insane. He's got some insane mental fortitude.

Jackalopes leader seems damn awesome. Already giving me Crow vibes. His grin thinking Youkou's some Smokin Hot shit was epic.

I wonder where this will go. I'm guessing this Jackalope will be ur usual hidden Organization stuff.
Sep 21, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
I LOVED THAT CHAPTER. It really has some Deadman Wonderland vibes, but I believe that it may be better. The artwork is much better, we have to see for the story, but so far the MC is a real badass. And the other MCs have really amazing designs. Can't wait for next month.
Sep 26, 2015 9:53 AM
May 2015
This has serious potential. The 1st chapter 9/10
Sep 27, 2015 6:43 AM
Jan 2015
Nice 1st chapter and potential but i have mixed feelings about the mc. He's so stupid for defending his sister even after finding out what she did. If I was him, I would be glad to see her die.
Sep 29, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
Man that was a amazing first chaapter.
Sep 29, 2015 3:04 AM

Mar 2013
Not a bad first chapter. Should be interesting for the next few chapters
Sep 29, 2015 5:12 AM
Oct 2013
So what's the line between Shounen and Seinen? Because this certainly stretches it the the utmost limit.

I imagine his strong mentality and physique is a result of his past abuse as a kid from the looks of it.
Sep 29, 2015 6:04 AM

Oct 2011
One of the most unlikable main characters I have ever seen. Did this guy seriously say to the cop to shoot the ambulance?

This whole thing was sloppy and didn't really have a good pace to flesh out the concepts of the pilot chapter. Disappointing.
Sep 29, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2015
That was some pretty fucked up Birthday Party. And how is this Shounen? LOL.
TsukuyomiREKTSep 29, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 29, 2015 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
That was some pretty fucked up Birthday Party. And how is this Shounen? LOL.

*Magazine it's published in.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 29, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
That was fucking brutal, I expect great things from the mangaka from Deadman
Sep 29, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
Gov said:
This whole thing was sloppy and didn't really have a good pace to flesh out the concepts of the pilot chapter. Disappointing.

This. Also it already have a lot of reused things from Deadman Wonderland...not impressed at all.
Sep 29, 2015 5:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was something else lol....Definitely following this
Sep 29, 2015 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
Used almost the same formula with deadman wonderland. Well, from the beginning it DOES feel like I'm reading a second deadman wonderland. But is that a bad thing? Not for me :D

7.5/10 for 1st chapter. Gonna follow this red head.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 2, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
I never read the duo's previous work, Deadman Wonderland so i was pretty exicted for this but this was an ok start guess.

I don't really like the MC so far, i can definitely see his attitude getting on my nerves really soon.

Can't say much about Jackalope other than the fact that their design are pretty nice. Midari is definitely based off Bayonetta. her fighting style/design are to damn similar lol.

I hope it get's better soon, because right now i'm not really feeling it.
Oct 8, 2015 3:38 AM
Mar 2012
Gawd, this manga was awful.
The characters are either stupid or unlikeable, or both. The protagonist is just a damn jerk with his code. Punching a guy because he dropped a can? That doesnt make you interesting or honorful, you're just rude & a jerk.
Also, really? Two awful cliches at once? 'The little sibling has to die' and 'women in the refrigerator' in the first chapter? I'm not a fan of all this senseless gore, too. It just looks as if it tries to be SO dark & SO edgey, and because of that lost my interest.
Also, the black clothed girl from the killer squad is just stupid. Why did you put your hand before the eyes of the boy, AFTER HE SAW THE WHOLE FIGHT & LOST 3 OF HIS LIMBS?! LADY THAT HAPPENED TOO LATE!! Why did you pushed your ass in that one panel? That was irritating & unnecessary! Also, what the fuck, you are surprised that he 'covered' his sister? That whole 'he covers a spider' doesnt make sense, because the society doesnt know shit about spiders. If you dont tell people beforehand, that spiders are evil & demonic, why shouldnt they protect them?
And yet, why did he do that? He saw, how his sister killed noth of her friends AND chopped of his limbs. That was so dumb, and stop talking about your rules, they are dumb, you're dumb. And how could you jump fast enough to cover your sister, if you just have ONE DAMN LEG!! That's so damn stupid, ugh...
And of course, we got the tragic ending, after his sister regained conciousness.

I cant stand this manga. To be fair, I didnt read Deadman Wonderland. But Smokin' Parade wasnt interesting and I didnt care about all its gore, too. The maincharacter was a jerk, the killer squad was dumb & the set up seems questionable. I would only read it, because it could be one of the 'it's so bad, that it is funny again'-stories.
Oh, but there was one thing, which I actually liked: The artstyle. It's pretty good & impressive. Me gusta.
Oct 8, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2014
Well fucking hell. There were some absolutely amazing panels in this first chapter, good drama and creepieness in this chapter. I believe they did an excellent job with this. I hope my first impression will hold so for the rest of this manga, and I want a motherfucking anime adaptation tomorrow.
Good MC too, at first I thought it would be generic but still kinda cool, he didn't do what I thought he would do though. So looking forward to the next few chapters.
9/10 for now.
Oct 9, 2015 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Shame about the sister, she was cute and her new legs were quite sexy. Nice and fucked up though, love it.
Oct 26, 2015 7:11 PM

Sep 2015
The Kandou-Kataoka duo is amazing. That first chapter really got me pumped.
Nov 3, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
I found this manga a while ago but wasn't up to reading 70 pages so today I did, hmm interesting so he's fucked up in the head huh?? That's alright aren't we all? :D
Dec 9, 2015 6:53 AM

Jan 2010
I must have read this chapter at least 5 times. This may very well be the best first chapter for a manga I have ever read. It hooked me from the very start and I am hyped for the future prospects of this manga.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Aug 11, 2016 7:46 AM

May 2011
Just finished reading chapter 1, I didn't captivate me that much to be honest, the first time I read Deadman Wonderland, it was one hell of an experience, I couldn't stop myself from reading more, maybe I sat the bar too high for this manga, I hope it gets better.
Nov 15, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
pretty decent (albeit strange) start

this first chapter didn't have the same shock value for me that deadman wonderland did
but i was still surprised - with the way it seemed to me at first, i thought the jackalopes were the antagonist. the minute that doorbell rang and the sister went to answer i was like

i knew something bad was gonna happen but wow, i didn't think it was gonna be eating people ಠ_ಠ

let's see where this goes!
Apr 2, 2018 9:55 PM
Nov 2017
Oh man, so much gore.... just the way I like it! Man I’m hooked, I can’t wait to read more :)

More topics from this board

» Ongoing or canceled?

-Sasaki- - Jan 21, 2016

10 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Jul 11, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Smokin' Parade Chapter 12 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Nov 16, 2018

2 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jan 2, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Smokin' Parade Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

2 by Ittan_Momen »»
Nov 14, 2018 8:48 PM

Poll: » Smokin' Parade Chapter 4 Discussion

drama_menck - Feb 4, 2016

6 by Ittan_Momen »»
Nov 14, 2018 6:55 PM

Poll: » Smokin' Parade Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

21 by the_sketchy_nerd »»
Apr 2, 2018 10:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.