Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2017 5:54 AM

Feb 2017
Loving this show so far. Ririko grew fond of the exoskeleton suit that she's even wearing it while eating LMAO.
Apr 29, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2011
Kittens-kun said:
yhunata said:

It is quite easy to understand. Them not figuring it out is bad writing. Unless you can properly explain why my solution is not possible or give an actual reason for why they couldn't have figured it out, I'll hold to the point that you're trying to defend this episode without any arguments at all.

You're solution wouldn't work because they live in a nobody town. No one's going to go to an "exhibition" in a rundown town they've never heard of. Even if they held it on TV, nobody would fucking watch it.

You're the only person complaining about this because everyone else can see there's no "bad writing" here.

You realise the entire point of our Miyamori-clone going to the village (and become the queen) is to increase tourism, right? The exhibition isn't for the bloody villagers in the first place. Maybe watch the anime first before you try to defend it?
Apr 29, 2017 6:04 AM

May 2015
yhunata said:
Kittens-kun said:

You're solution wouldn't work because they live in a nobody town. No one's going to go to an "exhibition" in a rundown town they've never heard of. Even if they held it on TV, nobody would fucking watch it.

You're the only person complaining about this because everyone else can see there's no "bad writing" here.

You realise the entire point of our Miyamori-clone going to the village (and become the queen) is to increase tourism, right? The exhibition isn't for the bloody villagers in the first place. Maybe watch the anime first before you try to defend it?

I have watched it. Your plan wouldn't work.

Apr 29, 2017 6:07 AM

Apr 2011
Kittens-kun said:
yhunata said:

Like I said, why? Either give an actual reason or stop.
Apr 29, 2017 6:09 AM

May 2015
yhunata said:
Kittens-kun said:

I already did. Whether you accept it or not is up to you. Continue complaining about it though, you're the only one doing so.

Apr 29, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2011
Kittens-kun said:
yhunata said:

I already did. Whether you accept it or not is up to you. Continue complaining about it though, you're the only one doing so.

And I already shot down your argument. Now tell me, why would an exhibition that showcases "some of the most detailed woodwork in the country" not increase tourism in the village? Why is this not a viable option? I'm not even complaining, just pointing out a legitimate flaw. The only one complaining here is you with your "Why don't people just blindly accept what happened in the episode" crap.
Apr 29, 2017 6:14 AM

May 2015
yhunata said:
Kittens-kun said:

And I already shot down your argument. Now tell me, why would an exhibition that showcases "some of the most detailed woodwork in the country" not increase tourism in the village? Why is this not a viable option? I'm not even complaining, just pointing out a legitimate flaw. The only one complaining here is you with your "Why don't people just blindly accept what happened in the episode" crap.

Because no one outside of the town has a reason to care about wood carvings?

Apr 29, 2017 6:16 AM

Nov 2016
yhunata said:
Kittens-kun said:

If it was as simple as you say it is, the 5 of them would have thought of your suggestion by now, whether they show it in the episode or not. Not that hard to understand.

It is quite easy to understand. Them not figuring it out is bad writing. Unless you can properly explain why my solution is not possible or give an actual reason for why they couldn't have figured it out, I'll hold to the point that you're trying to defend this episode without any arguments at all.

I don't think it's a bad writing rather they do some pacing since this'll be a 25 episode series what they have done this episode was more of a character development for Sanae, Well most probably they will come up with the solution by next week.
Apr 29, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2011
Kittens-kun said:
yhunata said:

That is what advertisements are for. They've got someone who can make websites, it should easy for them to make a simple advertisement. They could even invite some people and let word-of-mouth do the trick for them. It's called marketing, look it up.
Apr 29, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2015
yhunata said:
Kittens-kun said:

That is what advertisements are for. They've got someone who can make websites, it should easy for them to make a simple advertisement. They could even invite some people and let word-of-mouth do the trick for them. It's called marketing, look it up.

They did that when they were selling the manju. How well did that that go?

Apr 29, 2017 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Wooden-plated robots and vending-machine budha? Come on, anyone could have guess those silly things won't work at all, and the worse they even thought it was a good idea, *sigh*

Other than then it wasn't really bad episode per se and I liked the ending drama but overall this series still lefts a lot to be deserved.
Apr 30, 2017 4:06 AM
Mar 2012
Lots better than ep3. Fun "alchemy" of sculpture & exoskeleton. Still rough & awkward, but lots of potential opens up. Eg, agriculture-exoskeleton sales & show, vending machine etc, wood sculptures of characters to drive in otaku money, sculpture for tokusatsu/film sets etc.

Mecha is art, see Ririko understands. Too bad some, even the hot young pupil sticks to tradition. I mean what happened to "find your own way", the traditionalists can mind their own business, while the innovators can experiment & fail on the side.

Sanae part got depressing. Unless one's exceptional, most people eventually realize their job is easily replaceable & pointless.

Apr 30, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
Pride blocking everything... Too close minded tbh.

Anyway I think Sanae is slowly falling in love with the older dude lol.
Apr 30, 2017 7:36 AM

Feb 2008
I could use one of those exoskeletons, without the wooden ornaments, of course. It would seem the townsfolk aren't overly eager regarding the prospect of promoting their activities, as usual. The insight into Sanae's background was intriguing as well.
Apr 30, 2017 8:23 AM

Mar 2016
Nice episode. I love Sanae. I can relate to her on a similar level.
May 2, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling love is coming for Sanae...
May 4, 2017 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked this episode. We're getting some creative stories already out of this unique premise and setting, The tech dude was quite amusing and his power suits and buddha vending machine were really cool. I'm not sure how I feel about the obvious fake out cliffhanger departure of IT girl at the end. But I get stories like this are common place while you're establishing a large main cast. And I thought the way they integrated her personal arc into the wood carvers story was pretty clever. And the cliffhanger did its job, I'm really interested in the next episode.
May 15, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2014
I really like the realistic take they have on these countryside towns and their struggles. I believe they should first try to amend with the oba-san and get her to co-operate as it will surely work better than it currently is. Aside from that some nice moments in this episode, the vending machine was lit lol, it's always nice seeing girls being afraid of bugs. I hope the megane girl will make up her mind by next episode. Also I believe they should've somewhat consulted with the artisans whilst brainstorming instead of 'forcing' their ideas on them.
Jul 9, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Dooku is my new hero this season.

Also, why is the bus driver always in the cafe?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
Liked this episode, though I find the show repetitive already, and yet I still watch it because of the interesting characters. I love everyone in this show.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 31, 2017 2:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode again, let's see what's next though.
Nov 15, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2011
That was harsh. Even thought Kazushi's comment seemed like he's a jerk, but what he said made sense.
Dec 27, 2017 2:16 PM
Sep 2015
We got introduced to Doku and he doesn't know English apparently.

The girls will all live together. They tried to promote the wood-carving district despite past failures.

The megane girl fell in love with the older pupil haha
Mar 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Sep 2011
I hate Riri's grandmother >.>

I hope something good will happen to them soon because this makes me sad now :(
Aug 14, 2018 6:08 AM
Jun 2016
I'm not a Buddhist, but is it me or is the little trick they've did with Buddha a bit insensitive?

I like the dynamics between Kadota and Chitose (the grandma). Usually, we think of old people as ones who dislike change, which Chitose fits the stereotype. On the other hand, Kadota doesn't mind the change, which is a trait usually associated with younger people and hence kind of breaks the stereotype.

Also, Kazushi reminds me of those internet elitists. Lol.
Nov 30, 2020 3:44 AM

May 2016
I feel bad for them a dead town like that is hard to revive.
Mar 28, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2020
Decent and also a little dramatic episode. Riri's grandmother is annoying. <.<

I understand how Sanae feels. Poor girl.

SerafosMar 2, 6:32 AM
Jul 31, 2023 7:37 PM

Oct 2022
A person who run away from hardship and found a place easier to live without giving all herself. Oh Sanae, are you me??
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.