Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2018 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this episode was alright, seems business is picking up again after the previous lighthearted episodes. A preparation for fighting and the squad getting into the action again on the battlefield.

Plus, the group battles a particular powerful klaxosaur. Seems they struggle quite a bit in this fight too with how powerful it is. Goro's quite a brave guy for his actions tbh and impressed me with his actions. Looks like there's some drama between Ichigo and Miku this week.

Speaking of Ichigo, it's kinda nice to see a little bit more of her past again along with Goro. The confession :o
Maybe we'll get to see Ichigo respond back in the future.
Stark700Mar 10, 2018 9:30 AM
Mar 10, 2018 7:00 AM

Oct 2015
Good Episode. Especially for Goro and Ichigo Relationship.Well to be honest I'm expecting a bit more action .
Mar 10, 2018 7:06 AM
Jan 2018
I was expecting a relatively big development for 02 / hiro from the pw ... I'm a little disappointed
Mar 10, 2018 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
Angel942 said:
I was expecting a relatively big development for 02 / hiro from the pw ... I'm a little disappointed

You should know by now that the PVs are never a good indicator on what the main premise of the Episode will be. We have played this game for 9 weeks now.
Mar 10, 2018 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Kind of getting sick of the relationship drama nonsense.
Mar 10, 2018 7:34 AM
Jan 2018
Fappa said:
Angel942 said:

You should know by now that the PVs are never a good indicator on what the main premise of the Episode will be. We have played this game for 9 weeks now.

I know but this pw don't seem a troll...
Angel942Mar 10, 2018 7:38 AM
Mar 10, 2018 7:37 AM

Feb 2018
Angel942 said:
Fappa said:

I know but this pw don't seem a troll... I will hope!

You must never believe a preview who shows 1/48 ^^'
Mar 10, 2018 7:38 AM
Jun 2016
It's time for people to Come to terms that no one will die the first count
Mar 10, 2018 7:57 AM
Jan 2018
Tomlora said:
Angel942 said:

I know but this pw don't seem a troll... I will hope!

You must never believe a preview who shows 1/48 ^^'

even today, the hiro kiss arrives tomorrow
Mar 10, 2018 8:10 AM
Aug 2017
While Goro is my favorite character, this show is read spinning it's wheels right now.It retreading over similar themes and hasn't produced any compelling overarching narratives.
Mar 10, 2018 8:19 AM

May 2013
Another klaxosaur whose ability seems to have the only reason to affect the relationships of our squad, very suspicious isn't it?
Mar 10, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 2018
Anyone know where I can watch it? Sorry this is off topic
Mar 10, 2018 8:44 AM
Jun 2016
aydenb345 said:
Anyone know where I can watch it? Sorry this is off topic

You have to know where to watch the livestream raws before the crunch roll subs
Mar 10, 2018 9:06 AM

Sep 2017
Fappa said:
Angel942 said:

This one got me, along with the title. I was expecting something bad for either Ichigo or Goro (more so Goro) but we did at least have focus on them as shown in the preview, and tbh that's a good thing. I like the Zero/Hiro dynamic, but if the focus was always on them it wouldn't be as enjoyable due to oversaturation. Over the past few episodes Ichigo's had almost equal protagonist levels of focus and adding Goro drama makes it more than just a triangle with her on the lesser side. It feels like we have three protags now, rather than two plus generic childhood friend. I hope they continue to develop the whole of the squad 13 group, the set up work has been done for all of them, so no reason for it not to happen.

Another good development overall, for those who prefer characters and drama along with their action
Mar 10, 2018 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
Weak episode. Less screen time for 02 and 16 the weaker
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 10, 2018 9:12 AM
Jun 2016
D1UTURNUS said:
Weak episode. Less screen time for 02 and 16 the weaker

Ya I am ready for the plot to get moving but we most likly have to wait until the 2nd half
Mar 10, 2018 9:17 AM

May 2015
GreenEmu said:
Kind of getting sick of the relationship drama nonsense.

The dropped option exists for a reason.

Mar 10, 2018 9:22 AM
Oct 2017
i am glad trigger saved anime by animating all these action scenes in this teen love drama show and i appreciate how trigger wasted the most interesting monster design to service the really important teen love triangle
bitchassdariusMar 10, 2018 9:44 AM
Mar 10, 2018 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
What a goddess, woow
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 10, 2018 9:31 AM
Jan 2018
I was hoping he would have come up with a name and that was her gift. Anyway yeah I am sure he meant well and I think 02 appreciated the hug more than anything. It's just a way to express that sentiments are more important than material stuff in a relationship. The mirror is sure to spark insecurity but I feel Hiro will calm her down.

He did it because he considers her a normal girl in his eyes, and a normal girl would probably apprecaite a mirror as a gift. The reason why it might make 02 sad is because she doesn't know how Hiro doesn't give a damn about her being part Klaxo.
In ep 8 on the roof, 02 wanted hiro's opinion if she seemed more human in the quarrels.
So now she does not have a clear idea of what he thinks of her, about the fact that she is a monster ... So now she's in crisis, I hope that hiro will notice this thing and console her ..
Only that hiro in ep8 had said he wants to know more ...
This shows, she is insecure
So i'm happy she's really in love then hiro!
Angel942Mar 10, 2018 9:37 AM
Mar 10, 2018 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

I'm glad that Goro was able to come through and accept that he loves Ichigo. I definitely like him more than the other guys so I'm glad to see he got some focus this episode.

Miku sure laid it on Ichigo about how Goro always looks out for her. xD

The final scene where Goro confessed was good, Ichigo though flustered probably doesn't seem him in the same light but it was still a really sweet scene. :P

CodeKeima said:
Another klaxosaur whose ability seems to have the only reason to affect the relationships of our squad, very suspicious isn't it?

You're onto something there aren't you? XDD
Mar 10, 2018 9:34 AM

Aug 2017
More dumb drama -.- 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2018 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
It seems this anime is about relationship only. Probably the correct tags are Drama and Romance with Mecha.

Maybe there will be a side story about Papa and Co. to move the plot forward, but it won't be what the anime will focus.

If you are waiting for adventure, politics, shounen action and other things related... Too bad. As someone who likes Drama and Slice of Life, I don't mind.

The question is if this won't become dull fast. If we get every side couple having one episode, it will be 3 more episodes on this.

AdrianRubinskyMar 10, 2018 9:45 AM
Mar 10, 2018 9:41 AM
Jan 2018
I feel as if there is something wrong going on with ‘papa’ and the adults of the series. I somewhat noticed in last episode when they were discussing the deserted city and wondered why it had to be abandoned and there was no real reasoning and came off shady. Along with that, the council being masked is just a red flag to me of improper power. The fact that they also have the children give their lives and seal them away is shady, but doctor franxx seems to be trying to enlighten them without alerting papa, such as with giving them the beach vacation next to the deserted city as if he knew they would find it and start to question everything. Along with that, When they realized they were all going through puberty he told nana and hachi to leave them be and to “not tell papa.” It seems like he came up with the robots for good, but the program has developed into dehumanizing children who never live to even be adults. It also seems that zero two has some understanding of this as in this episode when the letter was being read aloud you saw no enjoyment on her face. I didn’t know there was a manga until just recently but I’ve only been watching the anime up to this point.
Mar 10, 2018 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
Still love the shit out of this show, but would be nice if we could have some more lore about the background of klaxosaur instead of having more relationship struggles

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 10, 2018 9:43 AM
Jul 2015
AdrianRubinsky said:
It seems this anime is about relationship only. Probably the correct tags are Drama and Romance with Mecha.

Maybe there will be a side story about Papa and Co. to move the plot forward, but it won't be what the anime will focus.

If you are waiting for adventure, politics, shounen action and other things related... Too bad.

As someone who likes Drama and Slice of Life, I don't mind.

But the Mecha scenes does indeed involve battles and Action, so the Action genre included as a Tag is a correct move. If it just involves strictly Romance without any battles, then it would be something like Gamers and Just Because.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Mar 10, 2018 9:46 AM

Dec 2017
again, the happy ending was too much. building all this intensity to destroy the klaxosaur just in 5 seconds was really stupid

don't get me wrong, i liked the past story build up and the hair pin symbolism, but other than that it seemed just kind of plain
Mar 10, 2018 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Can I ask a question? Why did this have to be a mecha and not a SOL series? I feel like I've basically been watching a high school teen drama. Would love to be proven wrong here.

Like last week it's another perfectly fine episode if you just ignore all the Sci-Fi Mecha Bullshit they throw at you and just take it as kids being kids.
Mar 10, 2018 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
Really like the show and character chemistry. But must say I like all other girls more then Ichigo. The best ones are zero two and Miku. Koko if you want cute caring girl.

But those who waits for action and everything. Will probably have to wait to after eps 12. Think the first cour will be character development, drama and finding there place. And the world building will be slow all the way to last eps.
but nice to get a confession know and not dragging on 10 eps.
Mar 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2017
i'm really looking forward for some dark shit, like some characters death, some harsh truth revealing, some really nasty and emotional segments, because so far it's been really weak
Mar 10, 2018 9:54 AM

Feb 2018
I liked this episode less than the previous ones ...
The fight was not very intense ... Although I liked to see a little the past of the characters ...

I do not really like episodes that focus only on the less important characters.
I would have preferred a mix of both.
Mar 10, 2018 9:55 AM

Feb 2017
Decent episode. Klaxosaur fight felt a bit anticlimactic but we got some development for Goro and Ichigo.
Goro is such a bro, hope his love for Ichigo is returned by the end.
Mar 10, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
uninstallthegame said:
i'm really looking forward for some dark shit, like some characters death, some harsh truth revealing, some really nasty and emotional segments, because so far it's been really weak

We most likely wont get that in this anime. It is probably going to be mostly about Relationship Drama and the different pairings in the anime which sucks. For now the anime is kind of weak and I dont care much about the characters either because their background story did not have any kind of impact on me ...
Mar 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Oct 2014
My favorite episode yet. It didn't shove the over-sexualization in our faces and just let the characters be. Despite the conflict with Goro being trapped was quite contrived and easily solved, it brought about a leap in character progression for him. I actually respect him for being so chill about Ichigo liking Hiro... what a guy ;-;
I hope more episodes are like this in the future, just letting the characters be naturally so they can work through their own issues. This show's at it's best when it's not trying to be something it's incapable of being. More doesn't always equal better.
Mar 10, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
This was a sweet episode.

Goro and Ichigo ftw,they are easily the best ship in this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2018 10:02 AM

Jan 2018
I quite like having more character development eps, would like more of that and then when we do have the action and main plot progress it seems more meaningful and impactful to me.
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Mar 10, 2018 10:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I guess when you are putting yourself on the line to defend the city the least you can ask for is presents. Hiro giving Zero a mirror that belonged to Naomi was nice though. So Goro had feelings for Ichigo since they were kids huh. Goro getting swallowed was unexpected but it allowed us to see the kind of reaction that Ichigo and Hiro would have when something unexpected happens. The operation to rescue Goro though was really impressive though as it was not only daring but also showed that degree of trust that has been formed between everyone. It was nice that Ichigo managed to make it in time though. An excellent episode as always and i loved the focus on Ichigo and Goro though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
Ichigo making a case for herself as the first BLUE HAIRED GIRL to get romanced by the end of the story
Mar 10, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2017
NamelessWaltz said:

We most likely wont get that in this anime. It is probably going to be mostly about Relationship Drama and the different pairings in the anime which sucks. For now the anime is kind of weak and I dont care much about the characters either because their background story did not have any kind of impact on me ...

i gotta agree on the background stuff, they could've developed the characters so profoundly by episode 9, yet it's really shallow and just small fragments of stories

but i do think there will be the bloody drop in the future, it just can't possibly continue like this 'till the very end. i refuse to believe that. ever since the introduction of that elite squad, i was just hoping them to show how messed up this world is, but it seems that it's not time yet
Mar 10, 2018 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
Another episode focusing more on the relationship between one of the pairs, this time Goro and Ichigo. I'm glad Goro got a chance to tell Ichigo how he feels. Hopefully we'll get to some more interesting stuff soon, as I want to learn more about some of the mysteries that have been foreshadowed in previous episodes (we'll probably get a few more episodes like this one before that happens).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 10, 2018 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
Very good episode. It gave some excellent character development for Goro. Ichigo getting flustered from his confession was cute. The action was okay, but that really wasn't the point for this episode.
Mar 10, 2018 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Ichigo gradually coming to trust Zero Two more was worth the wait. I honestly thought that someone was gonna die this episode, take that death flags!

Oh, wait...
Mar 10, 2018 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
It's getting weaker with each episode.
Mar 10, 2018 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
I really liked the episode until Ichigo was able to save Goro. I like his character, but his death would cause a great emotional impact on the team. However, I think there are reasons to keep them all alive. And the kyoryus' attacks, always with skills that lead to the development of team relationships, may have something with the fact that this team is an experience.

I don't like Ichigo very much, btw.
poortier_boyMar 10, 2018 10:38 AM
Mar 10, 2018 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
I loved that, Shone a new light on Goro/Ichigo which made me care about them both a lot more than I did beforehand.
Mar 10, 2018 10:33 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good episode. Liked how it showed a bit of Goro's past and while it's a bit cliche, it's nice. He finally ends up confessing his feelings to Ichigo towards the end.

am looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 10, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
I'm glad they made this kind of episode now instead of much later in the series where it may not find a good fitting into. I guess the staff wants to get over with the relationship stuff earlier because those kinds are really something that can help these kids survive the onslaught of klaxosaurs and hopefully avoid the fate of the squad that was there before them. Before everyone tries to bring up episode 8, keep in mind that's covering those personal stuff more broadly than for specific characters (though you can say that episode had a tad bit more focus on Zorome and Miku).
I'm not gonna be pessimistic as fuck like a handful of the people here in these comments, cause it's better to have these kinds of episodes earlier, imo, than try to dive headlong into the plot without any efficient siegeway or timeframe to insert some helpful world-building or character-building.
Mar 10, 2018 10:38 AM

Apr 2016
I'm guessing the whole point of calling this episode "Triangle Bomb" was to blow up the potential love triangle between Ichigo, Goro, and Hiro. Or at least, to resolve things. Not many shows flat out have characters confessing love and actually being able to resolve conflict -- many would prefer to just leave it suspended for a while. Good on Trigger/A1 for not doing that.

It's pretty clear that the klaxosaurs are getting way more intense than usual -- the fact that it wasn't a cut and dry victory leads me to believe that things are going to get hairy in the next few episodes. I would rather things get hairy when characters I actually care about are involved, rather than one-shot characters with no personality or development.

So, it was good.
Mar 10, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
Goro should have been the real mc, he comes to term with his love and confesses too :O
Ichigo called out by miku for her behavior too.
Mar 10, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2017
poortier_boy said:

I don't like Ichigo very much, btw.

man, why are so many people disliking ichigo, she's a nice character, far better than 002

Ryuseishun said:

I'm not gonna be pessimistic as fuck like a handful of the people here in these comments, cause it's better to have these kinds of episodes earlier, imo, than try to dive headlong into the plot without any efficient siegeway or timeframe to insert some helpful world-building or character-building.

they could've gone right away into the plot while showing the background of each character or pair of characters, it's just a matter of how you transition into it. but, well, they chose this path, i don't really mind since it's 25 episodes anyway, there's a lot of space to shape things up
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.