Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2018 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A love story of a princely guy and Marrine hmm...

Felt a bit different compared to some of the other episodes especially with the romance chemistry going on. In particular, seeing how love ties together some characters give me a fairy tale-like vibe.

The political drama is still building up for the story and got pretty tense. Marrine is such a complex character in this story.

Stark700Feb 23, 2018 8:41 AM
Feb 23, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
Oh man, this episode is going to make what Marrine does soon leave a real bad taste in people's mouths.
Feb 23, 2018 9:46 AM
Feb 2011
GreenEmu said:
Oh man, this episode is going to make what Marrine does soon leave a real bad taste in people's mouths.

Pretty much on purpose to create impact. I was surprised that they actually adapted the short story. Though the fault is not really hers but the guy we all hate, imo :/

Too bad they didn't explain well why Marrine is pursuing this path rather than accepting the peace offer, which will make it hard for some to understand.

Still, I think it's a good adaptation this episode to make us give a damn about them, albeit maybe going the wrong way with some viewers.

On a side note, they are at least not the main couple who are getting some nice development at around the same time, in stark contrast...
Feb 23, 2018 9:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The manner of Marrine and Alexis's first meeting though sure was unique. So it was love at first sight for Alexis huh. The love story of how the two met was pretty nice though. Being too focused on the truce sure has made the lords blind though. Villar's speech though was really something though. His decision not to take the post of leader though sure was unexpected. Though no one wants to fight family on the battlefield after all. Marrine must have been angry that Alexis did not stop the arranged marriage between her and the marquis of Jalucia. Looks like there will be war despite the attempts at peace after all. The last scene was pretty symbolic though of the slide to war.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2018 9:50 AM
Feb 2011
Shingster said:
The manner of Marrine and Alexis's first meeting though sure was unique. So it was love at first sight for Alexis huh. The love story of how the two met was pretty nice though. Being too focused on the truce sure has made the lords blind though. Villar's speech though was really something though. His decision not to take the post of leader though sure was unexpected. Though no one wants to fight family on the battlefield after all. Marrine must have been angry that Alexis did not stop the arranged marriage between her and the marquis of Jalucia. Looks like there will be war despite the attempts at peace after all. The last scene was pretty symbolic though of the slide to war.

What are you talking about? The so-called marquis of Jalucia in your post is Alexis. Can't blame you though. There are many who aren't even clear about how the factions work on top of who is who.
Feb 23, 2018 9:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
larethian said:
Shingster said:

What are you talking about? The so-called marquis of Jalucia in your post is Alexis. Can't blame you though. There are many who aren't even clear about how the factions work on top of who is who.

As you say. Though it doesn't change the fact that Marrine is angry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2018 10:06 AM
Feb 2011
Shingster said:
larethian said:

Marrine is angry about Alexis's naivety and indirectly her own naivety in the past.
Feb 23, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2016
The politics and romance seem to be coming not from Theo and Siluca but finally from side characters. I applaud the show for not pushing on with the main characters' romance and instead focus on the side characters' instead. Interesting Romeo and Juliet take on the plot and I'm confused as to why Mr Kreishe refused to be leader...
Feb 23, 2018 10:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
larethian said:
Shingster said:

Marrine is angry about Alexis's naivety and indirectly her own naivety in the past.

Indeed. And i think that makes the decision to go to war even more tragic.
Feb 23, 2018 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
Some nice focus for Marrine and Alexis. They were lovers at first, but something happened afterwards that made Marrine so cold-hearted. The politics in this episode was interesting and quite intense.
Feb 23, 2018 10:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
GreenEmu said:

would you please write stuff like this in spoiler tags? Thanks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 23, 2018 11:14 AM

Feb 2016
Sigh, our fresh hero wannabe youngsters have been sidelined. I got it, I got it, there is some generic RxJ deja vu incoming, If course, I would be angry if they offered a cheap peace after invading my lands. Time to show what Alliance is made of. For Alexis, sorry man, you are not a battle-born material, just resign and run to your lover.

I hope Theo and Siluca can get away from this bad blood clash. Messing into RxJ business is a curse, stay away, be innocent and stay virgin for a while...
Feb 23, 2018 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
Alexis is too pure for this hell world
Feb 23, 2018 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
I was not expecting the groin kick, but the dude got what he deserved.

Feb 23, 2018 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Right so it looks like Marrine still loves Alexis but unfortunately due to the current circumstances

she did what she did or something like that.

Wow so many letters lol, those flowers were awesome to look at.

Bang right in the nuts lol, that definitely words every time, it's always satisfying seeing people get what they deserve.

I really liked the flashbacks to their romance.

What unfolded in the last part was rather interesting, quite the turn of events.

Very much looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Feb 23, 2018 3:57 PM
Jul 2017
Can some of you novel readers please tell me why Marrine did what she did?? It doesnt make sense, first she falls in love anf is about to marry, then the great hall tradegy happens, then the marriege idea is broght up again, however she has taken a complete 180 and says «nahh, lets have war instead» have i missed something or is it just poor writing or is there something in the novels tht explains this. Spoilers arent a problem, and do they end up together in the end?? I really want to know.
Feb 23, 2018 4:02 PM
Jan 2017
The love story between Alexis and Marrine was genuinely endearing, if a bit clichéd. It might help us gain insight into these characters, especially now that war between the Union and the Alliance is becoming a real possibility. Speaking of which, the political drama is more engaging here than in any other episode. It was suspicious of Villar to turn down leadership of the Union, but I guess he didn't want to be a public target, especially because Alexis doesn't seem like the kind of guy who embodies stern, pragmatic leadership in times of war, something Marrine also took notice of.
Feb 23, 2018 4:05 PM

Sep 2010
I guess it gets even worse from now on, disappointing show.
Feb 23, 2018 4:37 PM

Mar 2015
Best method for a woman to deal with an arrogant ass has been demonstrated: a quick kick to the gonads. 5/5.
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 23, 2018 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
Villar you naughty bastard. You're trying to get Alexis and Marrine to kill each other off, aren't you? Not only in a literal sense, but also in a sense of their respective fame as a political figure.
But you should have seen it coming. You should have seen Alexis' pureness or, should I say, naivety, coming.

Well, but if you had then our great hero Theo would have worn his golden armor, bestowed by the great story-teller, for nothing.
Feb 23, 2018 5:37 PM

Jul 2017
Troll12345678966 said:
Can some of you novel readers please tell me why Marrine did what she did?? It doesnt make sense, first she falls in love anf is about to marry, then the great hall tradegy happens, then the marriege idea is broght up again, however she has taken a complete 180 and says «nahh, lets have war instead» have i missed something or is it just poor writing or is there something in the novels tht explains this. Spoilers arent a problem, and do they end up together in the end?? I really want to know.

The novel translations I got are pretty shoddy. So I can't really tell you why she's acting like she is. But I can answer your second question. Granted the novels are still ongoing.

Feb 23, 2018 6:26 PM
Jun 2015
Regarding that Novel spoiler. You better be trolling otherwise I will seriously consider dropping this show like a hot potato. Which would really annoy me as so far I've been really enjoying it. Especially this episode. If you're not just trolling, I sincerely hope the animation studio decides to NOT have that happen and changes it to something far less
Codi_LeeFeb 23, 2018 7:18 PM
Feb 23, 2018 6:56 PM

Jul 2017
You might want to spoiler your reply. Also in regards to the spoiler

Feb 23, 2018 7:09 PM
Jun 2015
My bad, I didn't think of that. I was too frustrated after what I read while typing my response. I don't really know how to use the spoiler tag regardless. *sigh*, I really hope I don't feel like I'm forced to drop this show, because I actually really like most of the characters. Especially Theo and Silluca.
Feb 23, 2018 7:30 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda wish they would explain why Marriane is being so stubborn cuz so far it just seems like she's doing what alot of women do and that's being difficult for the sake of being difficult with no real reason behind it, I get this is most likely not the case but without a clear explanation I can't help but see her as a shitty person
Feb 23, 2018 8:15 PM
Mar 2016
Like hell would Marine accept a peace offer after Villar conquered 3 Alliance kingdoms its like the Union is saying F you to her face Villar is making excuses to justify the war Theo started into all out blood bath now im starting to think some kind of Char Aznable shit would go down and give Villar the reason to take all the lands with some pretense of forever peace and Siluca thinking its a miss opportunity to destroy the alliance makes her sound like blood thirsty what does Theo even want he can save hes home island now there is no need for war why is he persuing a world war 1 in theyre universe im annoyed when characters say they want peace but then instigate a war theyre assholes
Feb 23, 2018 9:02 PM

Aug 2015
Damn that spoiler tho. I won't drop it because of that but I can't believe they would write that. This episode was good but I wonder why she won't just go back to him. If they get back together, no more wars. You find out who killed the archdukes and kill them and live a good life with Alexis. But no. He stole you territories and so you must fight back.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Feb 23, 2018 9:13 PM
Feb 2011
Troll12345678966 said:
Jryou said:
Kinda wish they would explain why Marriane is being so stubborn cuz so far it just seems like she's doing what alot of women do and that's being difficult for the sake of being difficult with no real reason behind it, I get this is most likely not the case but without a clear explanation I can't help but see her as a shitty person

Before that, some BG information: Marrine convinced the supreme leaders of both sides to approve the marriage, to unify the two sides in order to give birth to the grancrest, which will end the era of Chaos. She did this for her own happiness as well as to fulfill Alexis dream of ending the Chaos era with little bloodshed.

For 3 reasons she is now pursuing her warring path:
1. Going forward with the marriage after the tragedy will not accomplish the original selling point of it. Because their Crest levels are too low, they will not be able to bring forth the Grancrest at this point.

2. Marrine feels responsible for her father's death because she was the one who created the situation (thus wearing black to to mourn him up till now). One of her goals behind her campaign is so that she can corner the culprit behind the tragedy and avenge her father.

3. Even if they can bring forth the Grancrest through their union, Marrine knows that there will be opposition and sabotage will happen again. She thus no longer believe the dream of Alexis is possible, IE. To summon the Grancrest in a peaceful manner. Her current belief is that only by conquering all the lands, gaining the Grancrest in that manner can she end the era of Chaos and all the shitty suffering on future generations. She has given up on her union with Alexis.

The current state is that Marrine's faction is at a disadvantage and accepting the peace offer is favourable for them. But she believe this is not a permanent solution because first Grancrest cannot be obtained to end the era once and for all and behind-the-shadows sabotage will continue to disrupt whatever shaky temporary peace that will come from this offer.

As for Villar, he doesn't want to become the supreme leader because of concern that his Kriesche blood will come and bite back at him, and it's not 'beautiful' way of life. He also likes Alexis and hope he can help him fulfill his dream, as dreamy as it may be, it is beautiful.

Siluca is not bloodthirsty. She is pragmatic. She is genuinely concerned for Villar. She knew Valdrind will not give up on destroying Artuk so if they don't seize the opportunity now Artuk will be in danger. And with majority of Union sitting in their comfy homes, cowardly as they are, Artuk far to the east, cannot depend on them. If they don't seize the tide now, it will flow against them. And of course, by seizing the flow now, they have one of the greatest chance in history to unify the lands, thus ending the era.
larethianFeb 23, 2018 9:17 PM
Feb 24, 2018 1:01 AM
Jun 2017
I love the episode for today as it shown how Marinne and Alexis love story started though it ended due to political conflict... nice one...
Feb 24, 2018 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
larethian said:
Before that, some BG information: Marrine convinced the supreme leaders of both sides to approve the marriage, to unify the two sides in order to give birth to the grancrest, which will end the era of Chaos. She did this for her own happiness as well as to fulfill Alexis dream of ending the Chaos era with little bloodshed.

For 3 reasons she is now pursuing her warring path:
1. Going forward with the marriage after the tragedy will not accomplish the original selling point of it. Because their Crest levels are too low, they will not be able to bring forth the Grancrest at this point.

2. Marrine feels responsible for her father's death because she was the one who created the situation (thus wearing black to to mourn him up till now). One of her goals behind her campaign is so that she can corner the culprit behind the tragedy and avenge her father.

3. Even if they can bring forth the Grancrest through their union, Marrine knows that there will be opposition and sabotage will happen again. She thus no longer believe the dream of Alexis is possible, IE. To summon the Grancrest in a peaceful manner. Her current belief is that only by conquering all the lands, gaining the Grancrest in that manner can she end the era of Chaos and all the shitty suffering on future generations. She has given up on her union with Alexis.

The current state is that Marrine's faction is at a disadvantage and accepting the peace offer is favourable for them. But she believe this is not a permanent solution because first Grancrest cannot be obtained to end the era once and for all and behind-the-shadows sabotage will continue to disrupt whatever shaky temporary peace that will come from this offer.

As for Villar, he doesn't want to become the supreme leader because of concern that his Kriesche blood will come and bite back at him, and it's not 'beautiful' way of life. He also likes Alexis and hope he can help him fulfill his dream, as dreamy as it may be, it is beautiful.

Siluca is not bloodthirsty. She is pragmatic. She is genuinely concerned for Villar. She knew Valdrind will not give up on destroying Artuk so if they don't seize the opportunity now Artuk will be in danger. And with majority of Union sitting in their comfy homes, cowardly as they are, Artuk far to the east, cannot depend on them. If they don't seize the tide now, it will flow against them. And of course, by seizing the flow now, they have one of the greatest chance in history to unify the lands, thus ending the era.

Best Explanation indeed.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 24, 2018 2:43 AM
Jul 2017
GreenEmu said:
Troll12345678966 said:

The novel translations I got are pretty shoddy. So I can't really tell you why she's acting like she is. But I can answer your second question. Granted the novels are still ongoing.

Wtf, i feel so bad for Alexis now! He is too pure and sweet for this evil place!
So if that aint happening, what about Theo and Siluca?? Do they end up togheter? Please tell me they do, altough i feel like Theo isl a dense MFer. And will we see more of the adoreable twin wherewolf loli maids?? We need more adoreable twin loli maids!
Feb 24, 2018 2:58 AM
Feb 2011
Whatever development about Marrine and TheoxSiluca will be happening really soon, judging from the official website preview images, so just sit tight to get the questions answered by the show.
Feb 24, 2018 8:01 AM
Nov 2013
Great episode overall looking forward for upcoming episode.
Feb 24, 2018 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
GreenEmu said:
Troll12345678966 said:

damn.. as much as i hate marrine.. that is still fked up...and also from ur spoiler she reminds of that queen from the Movie "300"..

anyways.. this was actually a great episode..not 10/10 but rather 7/10.. that love story was really sweet and 2 kisses in a single flashback? damn! when will we see that kind of development in TheoXSillica..
Feb 24, 2018 8:42 AM

Oct 2007
This show seems to be a pretty good show but the anime doesn't seem to do it justice but it is getting a little better in the last couple episodes.

I can see why most people having hard time finding this show enjoyable. This show is like watching people moving chess piece. If you can't understand why a piece was moved then it would be hard to hyped and heat up for it. And the anime barely explained anything to you. I must confess I was baffled as to why Theo is the main character in the first episode. Alexis is a good person but at the same time he has no idea what the heck he is doing. He is a character that was born at the wrong time and place. On the other hand, Marrine is a good person but she know what kind of hell she is living in. After many episodes, I am pretty sure she is taking a rough path the achieve her goal. Seeing how she decided to get rid of Theo because it wouldn't work well for her I am pretty sure whatever she does next isn't going to be pretty. The only thing I don't like the direction of this show is heading is why everyone suddenly taking a back seat and preparing for Theo to take the front seat. I understand he is the main character and he has to do something great but this is still. Anyway I hope thing is getting better and heat up. And I hope Theo doesn't just come in to throw a couple ideal words and win everyone heart.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 24, 2018 9:58 AM
Feb 2011
Technically, Theo isn't the main character. According to the author, the story is made up of many main characters with shifting perspectives. One can infer volume 1 has Siluca as main character. Volume 2 has no clear main characters. Siluca, Villar and Clara have a balance of screen time. Volume 3 has no clear main character but is focused on a lot on Union activities. Theo, Siluca, Milzar, Alexis, Villar takes v3's screentime. Volume 4 focuses a lot on Marrine.

It is the anime that made Theo the main character.
Feb 24, 2018 10:52 AM
Jan 2017
The best Episode until now. 5/5
Feb 24, 2018 11:33 AM
Mar 2016
A Marrine and Alexis romantic backstory, too bad it still gonna end in a sour note, Alexis was just too much of a pussy while Marrine is just too tough to handle.
Feb 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
Is this show ever gonna start making any lick of sense.
Feb 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Oct 2013
Whoever this 3rd party that's behind the assassination of the archdukes & is against our two lovebird's marriage is, has 'em stuck between a rock & a hard place either way right now as it seems. They can't go through with the peace and this war looks to be a stalemate,which could possibly ruin the relationships between the people & lords of the Alliance & Union enough to severely weaken both & cause enough bad blood between the two that a peace will be a far-fetched option for a damn long time. Well played by this unknown faction I guess,lol.

But there could be more to this. Like, I'm wondering what happens if the Alliance just looses to the Union and there is no stalemate war while Marine & our protagonists will most likely try to sniff out the assassins. After all,she doesn't exactly look that much in control of the situation.

Also,Alexis' smile must be protected. Shame he's covered in death flags.
Feb 24, 2018 4:38 PM

Sep 2016
Damn that spoiler! Didn't think this show would do that.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Feb 25, 2018 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
What a romantic love story between Marrine and Alexis that will never be, and has no future.
Oh! I hate these kinds of politics!
3/5.

Feb 25, 2018 1:00 AM

May 2014
Codi_Lee said:
Regarding that Novel spoiler. You better be trolling otherwise I will seriously consider dropping this show like a hot potato. Which would really annoy me as so far I've been really enjoying it. Especially this episode. If you're not just trolling, I sincerely hope the animation studio decides to NOT have that happen and changes it to something far less

Well, considering that

It also annoys me actually, but nothing can be done. At least I hope that it is for the sake of an interesting twist.
Rhapsody-Feb 25, 2018 1:08 AM
Feb 25, 2018 7:47 AM

Dec 2016
Troll12345678966 said:
GreenEmu said:

Wtf, i feel so bad for Alexis now! He is too pure and sweet for this evil place!
So if that aint happening, what about Theo and Siluca?? Do they end up togheter? Please tell me they do, altough i feel like Theo isl a dense MFer. And will we see more of the adoreable twin wherewolf loli maids?? We need more adoreable twin loli maids!

Feb 25, 2018 4:05 PM

Feb 2013
Yes yes... the lovers will be enemies...
Feb 25, 2018 10:12 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode, though I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with the anime given how horrible the storytelling is still. Like, I can tell there's good material in here, but the way they cut stuff out left and right is maddening and it's a real disservice to a war drama like this where presenting the entire picture is vital to the impact it has on the audience.

In addition...
Feb 26, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
GreenEmu said:
Troll12345678966 said:

At the pacing of the anime which episode do you think will it happen? I wonder if they'll show that scene even if just a few secs and lol I can feel the incoming rage when that scene/episode happens.
Feb 26, 2018 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
Guranto-kun said:
GreenEmu said:

At the pacing of the anime which episode do you think will it happen? I wonder if they'll show that scene even if just a few secs and lol I can feel the incoming rage when that scene/episode happens.

It will be either next one or the one after it. Most likey next one though.
readherFeb 26, 2018 12:47 PM
Feb 27, 2018 9:50 PM

Mar 2011
Thanks for spoiling...dropping this one....the story is already a big mess and we got a girl who is really stupid on handling her problem....RIP Alexis...you are a good guy but you ended up falling in love on a wrong girl ....

Still I'm hoping the best for the two and for that M guy to die a horrible death LOL

BTW..is the LN still on going?

Mar 1, 2018 7:30 AM

Jun 2017
ricardo241 said:
Thanks for spoiling...dropping this one....the story is already a big mess and we got a girl who is really stupid on handling her problem....RIP Alexis...you are a good guy but you ended up falling in love on a wrong girl ....

Still I'm hoping the best for the two and for that M guy to die a horrible death LOL

BTW..is the LN still on going?

Still ongoing, you can just even guess that it is ongoing if they made an adaptation. Pretty much all of the adaptations are made to advertise the original work. That's why most of them are shitty. And don't expect to see a sequel to an adaptation if the original material is already finished.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

490 by metalrain_15 »»
Aug 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

102 by Inconsistent1 »»
Aug 12, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

76 by Airs »»
Jun 9, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

86 by IskandarThain »»
May 17, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.