Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2008
Personally I'd like to pretend Delta never happened, but now I have to watch the movie. Why, God, why japs are so cruel?
xMGMxAug 14, 2017 12:16 AM
Aug 10, 2017 6:35 PM

Sep 2013
Aug 11, 2017 10:32 AM
Sep 2009
Easily the worst in the entire franchise so I hope they move on after this. the group they got togehter is good, but I would rather just have them release CDs only.
Aug 11, 2017 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
Is this such a bad news? My only experience with theatrical Macross is Ai oboete imasuka? and this was exceptionally good (above the TV show itself).
Aug 11, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2015
More Giri Giri Ai for everyone!

The movie can still redeem Delta if they are aware of the problems that it had and they remedy those problems. I'm hopeful. Actually, it's one of my top most anticipated anime.
Aug 14, 2017 6:01 AM
Aug 2014
YAS. GIRI GIRI AIIIIIIIII~
IKENAI BORUDERAIN~
Aug 14, 2017 12:52 PM
May 2015
Kinda excited for the songs,not expecting too much from the actual movie itself.
Though there is still room for pleasant surprises. :)
Aug 23, 2017 10:41 AM

Oct 2010
Meh, I'll pretend this does not exist. Aside from few songs none of the characters appealed to me nor did it feel like the epic space-opera anime as it always was. Maybe the movie will fix few things but I doubt it.
Feb 5, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
Delta is so far the shittiest Macross from all of the Macrosses. I really hope deep down in my heart the film will be good but my mind is telling me it's highly improbable.
Feb 6, 2018 8:52 AM

Oct 2010
SpiritiaMaster said:
Delta is so far the shittiest Macross from all of the Macrosses. I really hope deep down in my heart the film will be good but my mind is telling me it's highly improbable.

I won't lie, I really do love some of the songs and it's among ones that I occasionally listen, but overall I really dislike the show. To me so far Macross 7 was there among the weaker titles but I think it's far superior then Delta. If they fix things with this movie great, if not I hope they move on and make another epic show. Maybe try multiple protagonists and not just one love triangle...
Feb 9, 2018 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
As I suspected on this site, the first come from jaded people who do not like anime, and the first notes are always negative, and are made on purpose to lower the overall rating. The lives of these people must be really sad to get there.

I am waiting to watch the film on my side, even if I do not expect much.
Feb 9, 2018 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
UltimaWeaponEX said:
As I suspected on this site, the first come from jaded people who do not like anime, and the first notes are always negative, and are made on purpose to lower the overall rating. The lives of these people must be really sad to get there.
Or maybe they just don't like things you like? Expectations for Delta were already low, and then the ending was of trainwreck proportions. It's no insult to call it the worst Macross, because to many people it is. A world where everyone likes the same things you do does not exist.

That said I do hope the Delta Movie gives them a chance to focus on making a coherent story.
Syrup-Feb 9, 2018 6:14 AM
Feb 9, 2018 7:55 AM

Mar 2010
Just saw it in theatre. The film resembles Macross Plus movie the most in the sense of consisting of mostly rearranged footage from series with some newly animated scenes and cuts rather than DYRL or Sayonara no Tsubasa (which were all original and 99% original respectively). I do think they managed to fix most of the glaring issues with the series and the ending is massively reworked for better. The film's focus is also (as you'd expect from the title and the fact they were easily the most succesful part of the series) heavily on Walküre.

I liked it and consider it an improvement on the series but it's not like this format can result in entirely new experience. Such a shame the series was screwed over by producer meddling. First cour followed by all-original movie with quality of this film's original scenes would've been far preferrable to messy 2 cour show we got - or this hybrid single feature.
Feb 10, 2018 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
some spoilers from 4chan

im hype they say its a fun movie

and still Mirage is still best girl, i always like underdog girl characters
Feb 11, 2018 11:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
My expectations for this are low after the series. Even if they fix a lot of stuff, I doubt they can address the paper thin characterizations and pantomine villains (not to mention the repetitive story). Nevertheless I hope we get a bd release soon with English subs so we can check it out and support the Macross franchise.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2018 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
what im wondering is why this and gundam franchises are still alive? it's a major turn off for me when there's prequels and sequels with mixed release dates (ex prequel came out 2010 but the sequel is from 1988) and alternate timelines
Feb 11, 2018 1:17 PM

Oct 2010
Maelstrom said:
what im wondering is why this and gundam franchises are still alive? it's a major turn off for me when there's prequels and sequels with mixed release dates (ex prequel came out 2010 but the sequel is from 1988) and alternate timelines

That's an odd statement. Why wouldn't they be? They are both popular franchises in Japan so it's normal that they produce many series, with different timelines to expand the universe and lore. Latest Macross series are all sequels so I don't see the issue. In fact, I wish we got more anime and games from Macross like Gundam has.
Feb 12, 2018 5:12 PM
Jan 2010
I have not watched the movie yet but it's currently rated at 6.15/10.

Does this imply that it's even worse than the TV series (currently rated 7.31)?
Apr 11, 2018 4:29 AM
Nov 2014
I have been waiting for this, given the first 13 episode was pretty good, and it went straight down hill from there. It was huge miss opportunity. There is potential to make three movies out of this series. Especially ditch the whole plot of the second half. They would have a whole music weapons battle between the two forces that involve the earth forces, but nothing much happens. Delta was the weakest entry of the series... hope the movies can patch this thing up.
Oct 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
I was looking forward to it though coz the Tv series was disappointing for me. But as it turns out they are giving the same thing with some minor little tweaks that doesn't change anything with the stories and everything

The songs are great though and that's the only thing I like it about it !!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Δ Movie: Gekijou no Walküre Episode 1 Discussion

Arczer - Sep 3, 2018

15 by Lucifrost »»
May 16, 12:14 PM

» First PV

Roadkiller - Dec 3, 2017

4 by Major123 »»
Jan 9, 2018 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.