Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2018 4:05 AM

Aug 2014
I am not sure what i expected but i still did get the lolibait in the first 2 episode with actual Shogi on 3rd episode.
Yet i've no idea what happened on the screen while trying spouting things i didnt understand nor understand how does Shogi rules played.

It is the 1st most popular LN during 2017/2018 via Kono light sugoi and i am expecting great things than a loli bait.
Jan 23, 2018 5:11 AM

Jan 2015
so far every character pisses me off especially the mother. And i understand Ai is a prodigy but im really annoyed how good she is, i woulda preferred the slow development much more. And ending of the 3rd episode seemed to me like its ep 12, cause thats how 1cours usually end, but no we have 9 episodes left
Jan 23, 2018 5:14 AM

Sep 2016
hot blooded battle shounen anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 23, 2018 5:27 AM

Feb 2015
>than a lolibait

Isn't that what's the good thing about it? Isn't that what we--you lot are watching this? Why are you denying what deep inside of you want which are the lolis and fanservice?

God, that's why I wouldn't understand MALers...
Jan 23, 2018 5:43 AM

Aug 2014
_Ako_ said:
>than a lolibait

Isn't that what's the good thing about it? Isn't that what we--you lot are watching this? Why are you denying what deep inside of you want which are the lolis and fanservice?

God, that's why I wouldn't understand MALers...

Not really, i came blind folded looking for answers not came with open eyes realising the answer hence why i mentioned what's make it on the top 10 heck number 1 most popular light novel in Japan.

Is it because the Loli trends for straight 2 years? That doesn't make any sense, we know loli trends have been in Japan for quite long time.
There might be lots of difference on adaptation so i cant really complain much about the anime being a lolibait with pretty much accurate speculation least according to synopsis.

I never came here for loli/fanservice though, i never thought it even once maybe other does but not me.
Not really a big fans of fanservice since i am getting tired of the same cliche.

GangsterCat said:
hot blooded battle shounen anime

That sounds accurate.

Hirugiku said:
so far every character pisses me off especially the mother. And i understand Ai is a prodigy but im really annoyed how good she is, i woulda preferred the slow development much more. And ending of the 3rd episode seemed to me like its ep 12, cause thats how 1cours usually end, but no we have 9 episodes left

Well any LN that adapted into anime mostly acts an advertisement these days which is why they don't bother to make 2 cour anime.

I don't have any hope least i want to know what makes this Popular.
Is just a typical lolicon anime,with lots of fanservice maybe harem in disguise?
Or will they actually focus on the Shogi?

I've seen something like Gamers, call them gamers yet they barely play games and shittons of romcom.
Jan 23, 2018 5:53 AM

Jan 2015
@xaelath well to be fair Gamers novel focused a lot on games and there were even tournaments and focus on some other characters, anime mostly focused on romance and misunderstandings which is the best part of the novel, there were like 3 volumes adapted in 12 eps so you know what this means.
Jan 23, 2018 6:16 AM

Aug 2014
Hirugiku said:
@xaelath well to be fair Gamers novel focused a lot on games and there were even tournaments and focus on some other characters, anime mostly focused on romance and misunderstandings which is the best part of the novel, there were like 3 volumes adapted in 12 eps so you know what this means.

Well that just sad.
Guess I'll never know then.
Jan 23, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
@Xaelath

>Not really a big fans of fanservice since i am getting tired of the same cliche.

>Is it because the Loli trends for straight 2 years?

I am not sure what i expected but i still did get the lolibait in the first 2 episode with actual Shogi on 3rd episode.
Yet i've no idea what happened on the screen while trying spouting things i didnt understand nor understand how does Shogi rules played.

Seriously, you'll never or at least will not find a series that will basically tell you what Shouji as a sport is, in fact, sport theme anime adaptation focuses more on the action side or primarily psychological aspects that might be applied to the sport it is centered. I mean, do you want to watch an anime that tells you how to move the Bishop or the Knight? Good luck with that.

There must be more to the series, hoping because there's only just EP03 being released and had been bombarded with lolis( I have no hate for it in fact I love it!), and the series might focus more, on the technical aspects of Shouji or will not focus on it but will give details as to the struggles of what a shouji player, in general tend to encounter. That's basically what is running in my head right now. Do I care about the cliche that might be injected to the series? Not really, since I'm just here to watch and enjoy how the MC will develop as a shouji player and as a romantic interest of her master. Will also wait for the master's loli harem, also the possibility of another loli waifu war xD

_Ako_Jan 23, 2018 6:28 AM
Jan 23, 2018 7:21 AM

Jan 2018
The reason it popular in Japan might come from a lot of research and reference in LN.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/7obhvg/spoiler_ryuoh_no_oshigoto_volume_1_additional/

And then after the LN published Souta Fujii became professional at 14 years old even faster than Yaichi did in LN.

https://magnavalon.com/2018/01/15/sota-fujii-ryuuou-no-oshigoto-and-the-new-age-of-shogi/
AshenKnightJan 23, 2018 8:17 AM
Jan 23, 2018 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
Xaelath said:
Hirugiku said:

Well that just sad.
Guess I'll never know then.

I mean, the title is "Gamers!" not "Games!", so it doesn't need to focus on the games themselves, it just needs to focus on the gamers. And it did.
Jan 23, 2018 8:32 AM
Sep 2010
I do not know why this thread has been kicked out in the area of Anime Series discussion, not in one of LN series discussion. but anyway, let me submit the following facts.

In 2015, the volume 1 was released on September 12, and that year's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi standing of this creature was 26th place in general and 8th place during new comers.

In 2016, the volume 2 was released on Jan.15, the volume 3 was released on May 14, and the volume 4 was released on Sep. 15. And then it got the first place in the paper back department of KLNGS in November. So KLNGS's appreciation was mainly considered for the contents of volumes of 2-4. not for 1. The anime just finished the contents of the vol.1 spending three episodes and the contents which got KLNGS's first place has not been anime-adapted yet. So it may be natural for you to doubt why this title got the first place for two years in a row only after seeing the first three episodes of anime. So I think you should wait for the contents of Vol2-4 to be animated to see the reason why.
Jan 23, 2018 3:59 PM

Aug 2014
takodori said:
I do not know why this thread has been kicked out in the area of Anime Series discussion, not in one of LN series discussion. but anyway, let me submit the following facts.

In 2015, the volume 1 was released on September 12, and that year's Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi standing of this creature was 26th place in general and 8th place during new comers.

In 2016, the volume 2 was released on Jan.15, the volume 3 was released on May 14, and the volume 4 was released on Sep. 15. And then it got the first place in the paper back department of KLNGS in November. So KLNGS's appreciation was mainly considered for the contents of volumes of 2-4. not for 1. The anime just finished the contents of the vol.1 spending three episodes and the contents which got KLNGS's first place has not been anime-adapted yet. So it may be natural for you to doubt why this title got the first place for two years in a row only after seeing the first three episodes of anime. So I think you should wait for the contents of Vol2-4 to be animated to see the reason why.

I doubt I'll get same attention and impression including opinion since i mentioned adaptation for the LN.

AshenKnight said:
The reason it popular in Japan might come from a lot of research and reference in LN.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/7obhvg/spoiler_ryuoh_no_oshigoto_volume_1_additional/

And then after the LN published Souta Fujii became professional at 14 years old even faster than Yaichi did in LN.

https://magnavalon.com/2018/01/15/sota-fujii-ryuuou-no-oshigoto-and-the-new-age-of-shogi/

We get MC that similar with the author itself?
That's amazing.
Jan 24, 2018 12:36 AM

Mar 2010
And hopefully it'll become one of the best English translated light novels out there as well! I bought it TWICE on Bookwalker for good measure!

God bless loli, god bless Japan!!!!!!!
Jan 24, 2018 12:58 AM
Jan 2018
Xaelath said:

If you want to know about Shogi then you should try this channel, the basic rule are really easy to understand. Learn this and go back to watch the anime again then everything will make more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkz0LVBg0W4

_Ako_ said:

Seriously, you'll never or at least will not find a series that will basically tell you what Shouji as a sport is, in fact, sport theme anime adaptation focuses more on the action side or primarily psychological aspects that might be applied to the sport it is centered. I mean, do you want to watch an anime that tells you how to move the Bishop or the Knight? Good luck with that.

There must be more to the series, hoping because there's only just EP03 being released and had been bombarded with lolis( I have no hate for it in fact I love it!), and the series might focus more, on the technical aspects of Shouji or will not focus on it but will give details as to the struggles of what a shouji player, in general tend to encounter. That's basically what is running in my head right now. Do I care about the cliche that might be injected to the series? Not really, since I'm just here to watch and enjoy how the MC will develop as a shouji player and as a romantic interest of her master. Will also wait for the master's loli harem, also the possibility of another loli waifu war xD

Dude you are looking forward to Harem!!? It's really rare to see someone in MAL like loli Harem and waifu(many of them REALLY hate this kind of stuff) but don't worry, I'm with you all da way.
AdolDDKJan 24, 2018 1:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

113 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Oct 14, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

105 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

63 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 13, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2018

88 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2018

59 by vadoyager7 »»
Jun 1, 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.