Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ended with a generic fight that tried to make itself look cool.

Man, this show was a mess. I thought it had potential with its premise at first but it came down as a poorly written story. Mina got way too much screen time in this anime imo even from this finale.

The battle itself concluded but I felt it was underwhelming. Victor's parents are gone now too. RIP. I'll probably forget this show easily.
Sep 29, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty bad finale. The fight against Aiks was so boring. They were able to defeat him though. He's still alive somewhere. Figured Victor was going to come back alive. This was truly a terrible show. It started off okay, but it went downhill fast. Mina is very annoying. 2/10
Sep 29, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2017
The final episode was good imo. The fight was nothing special. Can someone tell me when will the soundtrack be released?
Sep 29, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
I liked the last arc while i didnt like any episodes prior to that, Victor's past revelations and him accepting his past and apologizing to his mother and overall lots of good family scenes, really feels like author has some experience with family stuff because of how real it felt, on the other hand fights were just straight up stupid is the best way i can word it, but he did try for sure. There is a lot of effort in the anime, since its his only work, the story and fights do fall flat a lot of times but still the effort and the idea was there...

Also some comedy parts were just a bit over the top.... pasta through nose, come on man >_< and overusing the joke again and again too lol. Mina is the best character along with Victor, but all 4 were fine to be honest. Glad hearing Kugumiya Rie voicing Mina.

Anyway im glad i ended up liking this anime in the end, i also really liked OP and ED and some osts... well thats Project 9 for ya, a great studio in sound department...
Sep 29, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
Why he nude as ghost but not his parents?
Into the Internet!
Sep 29, 2017 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
That was a poopy disaster.
Still spaghetti jokes?? Seriously?
Did no one at No. 9 have the guts to say pasta jokes aren't funny?
3/10
Sep 29, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2008
I think I'd rather die than have to hear Mina's annoying "Daaaarling" again. I feel sorry for Kiri. 5/10
Sep 29, 2017 7:29 PM

Aug 2017
Asspull fight with happy ending, plot returns MC to live. Don't make any second season of this, please! overall 2/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2017 7:43 PM

Nov 2016
Honestly felt like the fight in the first episode was more interesting than the last one. The plot point of Mina being Kiri's mother feels like an after thought, maybe being super rushed at best. Most of the characters weren't all that great, though I kinda liked Blaze's simple-minded, earnest goodwill. Series had a promising first couple episodes, but I wouldn't call it anything more than average at this point. 5/10
Sep 30, 2017 12:21 AM
Feb 2016
I really don't get the family relationship drama because some I can't find any prove that say they related or not.
Sep 30, 2017 2:10 AM

Nov 2009
5/10, can't say I enjoyed, just sat through for thoughtless time-killing. I feel no need for a second season, though the show teases the possibility.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 30, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
if only Mina was not in this series this could be batter.Kiri was only reason for me to watch
BRAWLERS
Sep 30, 2017 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
The story was a little out of loop but still, the comedy was kind of interesting and the art and character designs were actually good.
So overall ill give it 7... to hell with it, 8/10!
Sep 30, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2012
Blaze' last joke made me laugh a bit.. I'm gonna miss the ED theme song.
Sep 30, 2017 7:47 AM
Apr 2016
The only thing I looked forward to in this anime was hearing that sax music start playing for the fight scenes.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Sep 30, 2017 8:09 AM

May 2012
What chapter in manga should i start reading ?!
Sep 30, 2017 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
Hannah_Ana said:
I think I'd rather die than have to hear Mina's annoying "Daaaarling" again. I feel sorry for Kiri. 5/10

Oh my godness! I thought I was the only one feel so annoying towards Mina. Gosh, I seriously wish Kiri is not their son or something.
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Sep 30, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
salman7 said:
if only Mina was not in this series this could be batter.Kiri was only reason for me to watch

Yup me too, happy to see others like Kiri more than MINA.
"It's only us pitchers who can prove for all to see that your gamecalling' choices ain't wrong, yeah?" Sawamura to Okumura before their first official practice game as a battery.
Sep 30, 2017 2:09 PM
Oct 2016
Why should naked soul return to the fallen clothes? loL
Some first jokes were good and some other were lame.
Victor childhood city part was better than previous parts but most annoying ones are Mina and Blaze specially Mina's voice
Best part were music.
6/10
Sep 30, 2017 3:31 PM

Nov 2014
The battle seems common and no hype at all, and the story left hanging with really small chances for getting next season(seeing the rating).

Despite lack of some aspect, i still love it
one of the reason for me is the time aspect and abilities( i like this kind of thing)
the plot itself is great IMO, and actually i curious with victo,mina,kiri past as a family and the reason victo and mina became like that.

Yeah with the current rating in this series, it seems i need to read manga/manhua.

Still, it just my opinion and for me, i really enjoyed it
r16fourarmSep 30, 2017 3:40 PM
Sep 30, 2017 6:25 PM
Mar 2012
The family theme was good, and wrapping friendship-is-power is bearable.
Tactics, some fights, and the art were pretty good. But animation & pacing, esp this final fight felt so boring I had to speedup during the talk-battle.
Ehhhhh? So Aiks alive, didn't spit out all Victo's time... ok.
Oct 1, 2017 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
LOL Victo resurrected cuz his parents told him that its not his time...
They defeated Aiks by the use of Victo's UNIQUE stone!
4/5.
7/10. - it was an okay ride for me...

Oct 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Jun 2016
Would it have killed the show to have Kiri and Victo hug?

The comedy bites were corny and out of place. The story had potential, but it didn't translate well. It felt like they were trying way too hard instead of having things flow organically. The fights were boring and the characters were something else.

Throughout the show I just felt sorry for Kiri. His parents treat him like crapshoot when all he does is try to protect them. I don't get it. Especially coming from Mina. It's almost like she resents him for taking Victo away which is illogical. At least Kiri has Blaze.

I expected more, so maybe that's why I'm feeling a bit disappointed by all this.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 1, 2017 11:18 AM
Mar 2016
"See you next time?" Don't tell me there is a season 2
Oct 2, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2012
It's a "not bad" for me but could use a lot of improvement. I guess coming in with no expectations was a good idea. I do admit some episodes were pretty unentertaining and had me constantly checking the time until it ended.
I quite like the idea of a family fighting and doing stuff together in an action show.
allo
Oct 3, 2017 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
guess i'm the only one who didn't drop the anime exactely because of MINA (and her VA) =D

overall this was kinda boring, but i'll admit i loved episode 12, was probably the best episode
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 3, 2017 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
This was fairly average, but had it's charm. I could've seen it turn into a somewhat long running shounen & doing fairly well with this being a small starting arc. Also, I think they could've done better on removing Blaze from the show and using the extra time to focus more on the other characters, since they were a family & all. Blaze felt so extra after a while.

ManlyTearOct 3, 2017 2:22 PM
Oct 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ended with a generic fight that tried to make itself look cool.

Man, this show was a mess. I thought it had potential with its premise at first but it came down as a poorly written story. Mina got way too much screen time in this anime imo even from this finale.

The battle itself concluded but I felt it was underwhelming. Victor's parents are gone now too. RIP. I'll probably forget this show easily.

I totally agree with you .
Oct 3, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2017
I think fights and design of the attacks was really poor comparing to the early episodes. And my question is he wanted to go back at the first place but he couldn't, suddenly after a parental lesson he resurrected ?!!!!
Storyline was poor as well as everything else they just could add ep13 to ep12 and then take one good episode out of it. Despite of episode 8 these 2 episodes were really poormade .
IlbratOct 3, 2017 7:31 PM
Oct 8, 2017 10:22 AM

Dec 2012
This ending was predictable and underwhelming. It was sure that he survived to the fight.
I expected something better with this anime, the story could have been interesting if Blaze was not here.
Except for Victor, all the characters were so empty. It's too bad because the first episodes were interesting and then, they were all useless (except for the 12th).

Nice ending song:).
SakaitsuOct 8, 2017 10:52 AM
Oct 9, 2017 11:52 PM

May 2017
I like the humor and it's kinda interesting, Victo's family and mystery of who's water guy's real mother and has potential if executed correctly 7/10 ....but

That ass pull by Victor (plot armor) lol

6/10
Oct 15, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2016
Victor's plan has not worked but he can just come back ??? (very cheap...)

hm, actually I don't like any of the characters (everything feels very superficial)

I had hoped for more. Especially the story was not as good as I expected.
The potential of "time travel" in relation to the family situation has not been exhausted. But the story does not seem to be finished yet, maybe this would be more interesting in the next season).

4/10 for this season.
Oct 16, 2017 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
oh well I thought he's gonna get his time back, too bad it's just a "he survived somewhere" cliche, even after we see Aiks eating organ turn to dust.

5/10
Oct 17, 2017 12:52 PM

Mar 2017
I thought it was great and I hope they have a season 2. This is my favorite anime from the summer season surprisingly.
Oct 21, 2017 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
It was alright I guess. I really liked the concept that revolves around regrets of the past. I mean it almost made me feel emotional when I was watching Victor's interaction with his family. It's like you never value something until it's gone. I also like Kiri and Victor's bonding and the humor in this show especially the pasta jokes. Hope it gets a sequel because it has the potential even if the story and characters were weak. 6/10
I-JitsuOct 21, 2017 7:58 PM
Nov 11, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2017
It was so cute the father and son scene, now I can say that this anime was worth watching.

Mina ruined the whole show though, with her "darling!" It was Sooooooo annoying, I definitely hate these kind of characters. I just remembered louise from "the familiar of zero" I hate her.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Dec 19, 2017 1:50 PM

Aug 2016
God damn Mina's voice is annoying. Other than that , I enjoyed most episodes.
I really liked the OP and ED! 7/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 28, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it, this is indeed a mediocre adaptation. It makes me think the manga was still better.
(Well, not that the manga was that special but at least it's fine to me.)
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 14, 2018 11:36 PM
Aug 2014
*reads topic*

Imagine dissing the tsundere jo'ou-sama herself, teh Kugyu.

Also, unlike most people, Mina's my favourite. And this is before I know that my <3 Kugu voices her.

Kiri is generally one-dimension. In fact, I think the anime wimpified him a bit, even if the changes made more sense(in the source, it was Blaze that came to Victor's resuce while Kiri was fighting the old guy. So everything Kiri did was actually Blaze's, including the fact that the stoic guy shows fear)

Blaze is one-dimension. Wants to be evil, but is part of the good guy faction, shows no signs of betrayal and things.

Victor...verdict's not out on him yet.

Both the original source and anime did not change my stance on Mina: she's the most interesting character in the series. She is the one I am really curious about.

And her design helps. (god, she's sexy). And she uses wind powers in interesting ways.

On topic, I've read the comic up till the equivalent of eps 12, so everything in this is more or less new to me.

This show overall reminds me abit of the Trinity Seven anime: interesting premise, but the execution seems very weak and do not leave much of an impact.

Scenes I found exciting in the comic were just....there....in the anime.
Oct 14, 2018 12:57 PM

Jul 2009
Chronos Ruler is the type of anime that the detainees in Guantanamo Bay are forced to watch. It's rather ironic that a story who's central focus is driven by time proves to be such a waste of it. It dragged on with no point or likeable characters, and whimpers out like a small, dying rat with this phoned in, archetypical final story. If there's a manga that succeeds this, I will hunt down every copy and burn them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

14 by Bartfort360 »»
Mar 6, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

28 by Dawizz »»
Feb 17, 2023 2:08 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

65 by Dawizz »»
Feb 17, 2023 1:52 AM

» Why is this rated so low?

zurgboy00 - Jul 29, 2017

43 by DesolatePsyche »»
Sep 7, 2021 3:16 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

11 by ashlei191 »»
Sep 28, 2020 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.