Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2017 12:38 PM
May 2017
Things escalated very quickly I would say, the MC has even developed psycho behavior.
Jul 19, 2017 3:10 AM

Nov 2016
A cool and a bloody episode , For me It made the episode actually better because there was a lot of blood and killing !! , I liked how Haruto sided with the witch and I like his character more now <3 , Those 3 boys disgusted the hell out of me !! When Kanzaki told the story of the Witch , It made me want to F***K the hell out of those boys , Especially that fat ass dude , And I'm really glad that she killed him the same way he killed her mother and that Haruto sided with her not with Kanzaki <3 , And I really like his way of solving things It's simple and cool <3 <3 ... Anyways , I'm enjoying this It's a pretty good anime with average animations and good art plus good characters , Lily is still a mysterious character so I'm kinda hyped for more and I hope they reveal who she is and I'm ready for more , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 19, 2017 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
I'm glad i didn't drop it, i mean it's still deeply flawed but way more interesting and surprising than the first episode!

And i love how they didn't get preachy about it, these scums deserved to die and suffer and this was the best happy ending, even the MC killed em and rightfully,it was a surprisingly satisfying ending.

It seems this series will go for an episodic witch of the week formula, but if it continues to be this surprising it might be really worthwhile just fpr the novelty of it.

Jul 20, 2017 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
What the hell? This was nothing like the first episode. What a strange show. Is every episode going to have a different tone? Just episodic and stand-alone?
Jul 21, 2017 7:08 AM
May 2016
The directors for each episodes are different. This fits the dream theme nicely, so the atmosphere will change each episode. That much is as expected, but I never thought it would get this dark, especially how Haruto acts - it's totally unpredictable. He looks different from episode 1 as well (I like this him better).

We also get a view of real world for once, but Haruto isn't in real world - he is never shown there. Lily shows up in his room, his supposed "reality". This and his feelings and actions (towards the witch and killing, isn't surprised by bloody sight) bring more question and speculations about him. I suppose he isn't human at all, but rather, a creature exclusive in dream world like Lily. Perhaps he serves as a helper for the witches while Lily is an observer. This makes sense on why Lily calls him brother - if they're both born in dream world, that makes them like siblings.

I never have plan to drop this (I'm not the type to drop so easily, just postpone) since I'm intrigued by dream theme in stories, but this gets even better than what I expected.

Episode 2 might be black and white morality, but I don't think it's totally black and white. Like doctor said, "even so, killing people shouldn't be done no matter what" (or something). I also feel that the girl might not kill the culprits for mere revenge, to get what they deserve after all they did to her family - I believe she has more selfish reason, like for self-satisfaction; a dream to pursue because she didn't have one.

Episode 1 is pretty normal, dreamy and almost childish (I like the music a lot, by the way). Meanwhile, episode 2 is dark from beginning to end. From the title, though, episode 3 will get lighter, maybe? That would be total shift, but as you expect from dream worlds - nothing will stay the same.

I don't think this will end up in harem. After all, there's the possibility that Haruto doesn't exist in real world. The girls who woke up shouldn't remember him (though this witch seems to remember him and wants to meet him? I need more information)...even if they do remember him, even vaguely, there's no way they can search for him. Of course, that's just my thought. I don't mind if it ends up in harem, but it's very unlikely, coming from a harem fan (who likes good harem and feels that this can be a good harem). Just to clarify, harem doesn't mean "a boy meeting lots of girls" - just because they meet, doesn't mean they establish a connection. Haruto's and the witch's connection isn't strong, it's like a one night stand without contacts, and totally blind. They meet once and that's the end. Nothing is established except the witch's satisfaction and waking up from dream. Harem can become a harem if there's connection between the boy and the girls (or a girl with boys) and they meet on regular basis to further strengthen that connection.
Jul 21, 2017 10:53 PM

Jan 2013
Haruto is kind of hard to read. I didn't think he'd be so into killing and so nonchalant about everything. Good uncensored episode though
Jul 22, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was much darker themed than the first, and quite violent.

I don't think MC is a "real boy". He seems to be a creation of the dream world.

I wonder if this anime has "direction"... that the anime is going somewhere. The studio is Gonzo, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Jul 22, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
Well then....this was pretty fucking hardcore it felt like watching an old 90's ova that was going full ham on the violence. I got to say while i dont know if id say its good i enjoyed the hell out of how much this episode averted my expectations, especially with the mc. It really seemed like this episode was going to try and prevent the girl from killing anymore, and both me and my friend while watching it were just like
"you know revenge is bad and all but like.....these guys kind of deserve it"

So I was actually really surprised and pleased that the main character basically echoed exactly what we said. Like its amoral as fuck but it was so unexpected and I really like that.

Also I think this episode set up the premise of the show alot better than the previous, I really like the idea of this dream setting more after seeing something alot more creatively thought out like this one where the art style shifted entirely compared to the fever dream the previous episode was.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 28, 2017 12:27 AM
Mar 2012
Lovely, they didnt shy away from gore & eww creatures.
Eww eye pokey
mc kinda good now, trashes morals completely but a falling out with catman.
ED new song quite cool.
Jul 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Jun 2012
I'll be honest. I freaking loved this episode. I would totally watch an entire season of the show if it was as bloody as this one, but given the episode by episode nature i'm kind of doubting thats going to happen. Still the main character is interesting, and this episode definitely got me more intrigued about his character than the first episode did.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Aug 3, 2017 5:55 AM
Feb 2016
First episode kinda made me think of dropping it but the 2nd kinda made me rethink whether I should do it or not. 2nd episode is more to my taste and I thought the guy would go into preach mode to tell the witch not killing the guys but he actually assisted her. While the 1st witch of the 1st episode is kinda safe to meet I wonder if the 2nd witch is safe as well with her having the knowledge that she is able to kill people in her dream. Despite 2nd episode being more interesting that the 1st I still think story-telling wise it is still weak. Kinda reminds me of the anime 'Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo....' I hope by the 3rd episode I can already come up with the choice of either drop or continue with this series.
Aug 26, 2017 12:57 AM

Dec 2015
I'm confused by many reactions here after I went through the first episode's ones: basically, those over-enthusiastics 180º changes of reception all boil down to "blood, yeah *_* cruelty, more blood, limbs rip, even more yeah *-*"

Anyway, a good Nightmare on Elm Street episode (makes me want to see Johnny Depp being ripped again), I was expecting it to come past the middle point of the series. Of course, the revenge apologia may make it feel a bit awkward but I have zero problem with that in fictions who aren't presented as moral lessons.
The dream radiocommunicator linked to a real radio device was too much though. Plus, it forces the dream sequences to take place in real time.

The drawings are quite average, that's sad considering how interesting it could become.

4/5 Next episode, next girl's affection to conquer?!

I guess the scientist's sister is the one behind the hero's mysterious connections. Now, who's the little dream girl then?
Aug 27, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2016
This is very intesting, so many possibilities for the story to go... Great episode!
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 3, 2017 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
Kuroko33 said:
Totally a different style than the first episode, I didn't expect that. The MC is kind of emotionless in everything he does, dunno why he thinks being a murderer is awesome, but I like how he brushed off the "good guy" by telling him he's boring. I wonder where it will go from here.

Am I the only one who's begun suspecting the MC is literally a psychopath? He showed no reaction to the gore around him. Psychopaths' reactions towards mutilations tends to be curious, because they lack empathy for other people.
Sep 24, 2017 6:31 PM

Apr 2016
That tonal shift between this, and the first episode nearly game me whiplash.
Nov 10, 2017 6:40 AM

Nov 2007
Ok but anyone else bothered by the fact that every time MC wakes up he's like "UGH SO TIRED. BACK TO BED." You just woke up! WTF :/

Nov 11, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting story if you ask me, looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 23, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2017
Holy shit that was so different from the first episode. I'm glad that I didn't dropped it.

See, kids, being a murderer is cool!

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Mar 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2015
It's quite omnipresent.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jun 5, 2020 2:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So you can kill people via dream of world? Interesting. Now we can see the true form of that cat! He surely had a moral, but the dream of world never easy to understand. Even in the reality world. The next question is, how can he linked to the MC?

It seems that this show want to show us such a bizare people think in the dream of people. Such as happen to that sleeping beauty syndrome. While the professor cat try to solved why, the MC go walk through the witch dream to portray it well. I might think this show succeeded to explain some parts. However, another parts still hang in there, especially with the question surround the MC, such as why he can do that? And that Lily is still unknown.

Hmm, idk if this show had a potential. But to me, i need to see more to see whats goin on. So far, the story still easy to understand. Comparing with the FlipFlappers, as an example (somebody just mention it, so i need to do the same thin) in the first half, i find this show quite easy rather than FlipFlappers. Idk why people dont understand that simple thing. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2020 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
OP starts to grown on me
Haruto became a much more interesting character for me now because he does not let anyone fuck around and gets straight to business if he has to. I respect that
He is also a calm ass dude man, witch makes him me like him more and he has a certain swag // Coolness to him

Also am i tripping because i tend to do that a little while watching this or did the ending song change? 0_o
Jul 16, 2020 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Okay so.... I absolutely hate the main character, how can he just say that the witch is so cool whe he saw the cuts in her arrm? Is he an idiot. Well, obviously yes. But I like the cat dude
Jul 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:
Morals, killing is different from murder, the girl and mc were justified.
Reminds me of that cement girl case in Japan.

bro what the actual fuck did i just read on wikipedia
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Nov 15, 2021 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
this was way better than the previous episode. I loved it.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 28, 2022 5:10 AM

Oct 2017
The irony is that those people have family and those that love them; what's to say they're not allowed to kill her and loads of other people? It just creates a cycle of self-centeredness, rather than justice. And what's not to say that the boys also had people close to them killed and killed the family because of that? Would it be "justified", then? Also, anyone who has no guilt or sympathy for the death of another human being, no matter how much they hate them and especially if they brutally murdered them, is no better than any other murderer. You can have justice without becoming a hypocrite.
BunilleAug 28, 2022 5:14 AM
Feb 20, 8:49 AM
Feb 2024
Much improvement from the last episode. I liked this witch a lot, i was lowkey on her side
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

67 by hrodebert99 »»
Sep 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.