Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm going to actually miss thie show.

Finale felt more like a filler but overall, this series was such a fun ride from start to finish. Wish they had a more engaging story for the Bullet Club though. I love how some of the kids are inspired by Tiger Mask. Wouldn't even be surprised if some of them become pro wrestlers in the future.
Jul 1, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2016
The final episode maybe was a bit of a filler but provided excellent character development for the girls, in particular to Miss X. You gotta appreciate the fact they basically took over Zipang dojo.

Mother Devil was some serious parody material. I mean... come on. Basically Yellow Devil with tits. Heh.

I found the visuals really lacking. At the sight of Payne and Queen I almost threw the laptop out the window. Have mercy... they're going to have some serious fixing for the BluRays.

Also, loved the Mr. No cameo at the end. Apparently, either Tiger's Den isn't entirely done or someone took notes.
Tiger_The_GreatJul 1, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 1, 2017 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
Great Epilogue.

Love Spring Tiger, but had to root against her for that sweet oshiri.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 1, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2013
Haruna is cute <3 UwU
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Jul 1, 2017 3:00 PM
Jul 2015
This last episode was a filler as you've said. I mean, the show could have ended in ep 37 and this one would be a OVA or something like that.

It seems they had a contract and run of episodes. The image/art is completely different. I didn't even take this serious... Interesting or NOT Granblue Fantasy last episode was also a filler where our main character from 12 episodes became a woman and they went to the beach...

Amagi Brillant Park another anime I saw recently also ended on episode 12 and the 13 was a filler - again ova.

Enfin. Either way - good series. Not that good to be on top but interesting. After 38 weekends we finally ended this chapter. LEt us see if they restart again in 20 years :P
perkunos.blogspot.com
Jul 1, 2017 3:12 PM

Jan 2014
This was a truly satisfying episode. Sure animation was lacking, but then again this episode was mostly for funsies so the simple animation kinda contributes to the lol factor.

Still that Mother Devil was a real behemoth, like for real, just watch her become Tigress the Great and come for revenge. Haruna did a good job there.

I'm gonna miss this, and it sure went out with style.

Tiger_The_Great said:
The final episode maybe was a bit of a filler but provided excellent character development for the girls, in particular to Miss X. You gotta appreciate the fact they basically took over Zipang dojo.

Mother Devil was some serious parody material. I mean... come on. Basically Yellow Devil with tits. Heh.

I found the visuals really lacking. At the sight of Payne and Queen I almost threw the laptop out the window. Have mercy... they're going to have some serious fixing for the BluRays.

Also, loved the Mr. No cameo at the end. Apparently, either Tiger's Den isn't entirely done or someone took notes.

What Cameo? Not sure I spotted it. Where is it?
Jul 1, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
This was a great and perfectly enjoyable episode, however...
It shouldn't have been THE ending.

Makes W!Naoto looks even less relevant than he already did. The final episode isn't even focused on him for Devil's sake! Also no explanation whatever happened to Mr. X, The Third etc. Totally nothing.

They basically screwed up the main plot. Cheerful episodes are really nice, but like someone here has said, this would fit more as an OVA.
Weakness is a sin!
Jul 1, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2015
Xeogran said:

Makes W!Naoto looks even less relevant than he already did. The final episode isn't even focused on him for Devil's sake! Also no explanation whatever happened to Mr. X, The Third etc. Totally nothing.

They basically screwed up the main plot. Cheerful episodes are really nice, but like someone here has said, this would fit more as an OVA.

It's not THE ending, but an epilogue, the plot ended last week, and we got a nice final character development boost on Miss X and Haruna.

GWM got destroyed, that was the point the entire time, wasn't it?
Jul 1, 2017 5:04 PM

Oct 2013
Are you guys blind? This episode had some of the best animation in the series.
From the fluidity of the fights, to the camera angles, character expressions, etc. it was way above the usual Tiger Mask W episode.

If it had to end in a "filler", I'm glad it was like this, setting up Tiger Springer and the woman's league. Maybe for a new season/show?
Jul 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2010
BGMaxie said:
Sure animation was lacking, but then again this episode was mostly for funsies so the simple animation kinda contributes to the lol factor.

You might wanna get that checked because this episode had the best animation in the entire series. It was movie quality in many parts, had way more animation frames than usual (and of better quality) and the composition was also a cut above the rest.
Jul 1, 2017 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
Gersen said:
BGMaxie said:
Sure animation was lacking, but then again this episode was mostly for funsies so the simple animation kinda contributes to the lol factor.

You might wanna get that checked because this episode had the best animation in the entire series. It was movie quality in many parts, had way more animation frames than usual (and of better quality) and the composition was also a cut above the rest.

The drawings were pretty basic and simplistic. If you look at the colouration and lighting, you will see those diminished. But again it wasn't a bad thing, animation did its job when it had to (mostly fighting scene) but otherwise it sure went budget in most of the episode, and overall it helped sell the mood that this was mostly for funsies.
Jul 1, 2017 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
It was cool. It's like an OVA episode but not an OVA.

Loved the character development of the girls and enjoyed the wrestling. Yeah, the final match had a cheesy ending but I'm okay with that.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Sep 2012
What a surprising and awesome episode!
With an animation and a staging a little different but far more dynamic than usual. They were happy!
The atmosphere at GirlMove is awesome - financial problem, new friendships, training with a search for a Killer Move - and their first event was really cool!
A great way to end the series! Hopefully we will have other things (OVA or others) because the universe still has potential and has kept under the elbow some mysteries.
Jul 2, 2017 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Man, this episode was both completely unnecessary and also the best episode in the whole show.

Seeing how well animated and well written this one episode was just makes me mad that the res of the show wasn't this good.
Jul 2, 2017 1:31 AM

Oct 2016
BGMaxie said:

At the end of the episode. Here you go. Plus a shot of the original from Season 1 for comparison.

Xeogran said:
no explanation whatever happened to Mr. X, The Third etc. Totally nothing. They basically screwed up the main plot.

That's because they just didn't end the main plot. Out of the four Tigers, only Black was hurt bad enough to be likely permanently disabled (it was even brought up by Fukuwara Mask that the angle he hit his head from was particularly dangerous, plus his own body mass likely did the trick). The remaining three are alive. Mister X is alive. And now, at the end of the series we see one of the original season's iconic ring assassins making an appearance. GWM is no more but it is clear that Tiger's Den is still quite operational. Maybe back to square one when it comes to many things but operational nonetheless.

Ratoncito said:
GWM got destroyed, that was the point the entire time, wasn't it?

No. The point was to destroy the organization behind it, not beat the Den to the curb and leave it alone to recuperate. This is just begging for a sequel.

Not that I mind.
Jul 2, 2017 2:04 AM

Jan 2010
Maybe unpopular opinion, but I want a series for spring tiger, really... this episode was awesome and the premises are better than any tigermask. It would be like to see kon on wrestling XD (and fillers would make more sense)
Spring tiger is so cool, her gazes, and that 6 1 9, I was fapping there
Jul 2, 2017 2:17 AM
Sep 2015
Even though I love straight male I always welcome feminist movement, like GirMov. Bushiroad should support this on and on and on just like they did with their trading card game anime
Jul 2, 2017 2:30 AM

Feb 2011
This episode has some seriously great animation... and so did almost every fight in the show. I'm still baffled by how well almost all of the fights were animated, I always looked forward to them every episode.

I'll be honest, I'm gonna miss this show. 8/10, would love to see a sequel someday.
Jul 2, 2017 2:35 AM

Sep 2013
Very funny for a last episode,it was very low budget because of great animation from the episode before but the final fight looked good,i'm going to miss this anime a lot and i will be honest,THIS is the most underrated anime of the last 5 years by far,now i just hope that the Tiger Mask license isn't dead and that a new anime will arrive shortly,thank you Toei for this.

Its a big and solid 8/10 for me
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 2, 2017 3:26 AM
Dec 2013
I want a Spring Tiger sequel, there are news????
Jul 2, 2017 4:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode of this anime series, when shows how the world change and now the girls want open a way in the Wrestling!!!
This last episode was intense, Haruna how Springer did a great fight against Devil Mother and won, incredible, but won!!!!

7/10 for this anime, that started well, had a down in a midle of season but the last 7 or 8 episodes was to enjoy!!!
Jul 2, 2017 4:13 AM

May 2012
Ricky1989 said:
I want a Spring Tiger sequel, there are news????

+1

I like female fights more.

Jul 2, 2017 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
And again, Date Naoto is still missing
Jul 2, 2017 5:22 AM
Sep 2015
The Takuma-Kevin beach scene in imagination when Miss X explain 4S... yaoi bait or not?
Jul 2, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
It's sad to see this show end. It had its share of stupid and ridiculous episodes that were a pain to sit through, especially in the first half (remember those 2 idol girls who many thought to be secretly boys? or a sweets touring trip around all the city's confectionery shops?), but most of it was still decent and even entertaining. I'll sure miss it. If there's ever a sequel (not a Spring Tiger spinoff though), I'll watch it, definitely.

7/10 as my final rate.

phantomfandom said:
The Takuma-Kevin beach scene in imagination when Miss X explain 4S... yaoi bait or not?
Kevin's attachment to Takuma is very strong, to put it mildly. He even went full emotional wronged boyfriend mode when Takuma popped up on NJPW's side in Final Wars, tearing off his mask and stuff. And he was miserably searching for Takuma at the airport (yes, he was mostly included for laughs, but this is still a parallel to the two infatuated girls, Ruriko and Haruna). Actually, I was surprised that Kevin wasn't shown at Takuma's side in America, I thought he'd find out where Takuma's gone and go there after him.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 2, 2017 7:05 AM
Dec 2015
The best filler episode in all of anime. give me a second season with her adventures now. i really am going to miss this show
Jul 2, 2017 7:08 AM
Dec 2015
Xeogran said:

mr.x and the others pulled out of japan. there was explanation
Jul 2, 2017 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm going to actually miss thie show.

Finale felt more like a filler but overall, this series was such a fun ride from start to finish. Wish they had a more engaging story for the Bullet Club though. I love how some of the kids are inspired by Tiger Mask. Wouldn't even be surprised if some of them become pro wrestlers in the future.

i hope the creators know they have something special on their hands... This show pretty much made NJPW more popular to wrestling/anime fans in the west ... if they get a 2nd season and add bullet club this show would be so over!
Jul 2, 2017 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
Tiger_The_Great said:
BGMaxie said:

At the end of the episode. Here you go. Plus a shot of the original from Season 1 for comparison.

Oh that one, and that's a weird costume lol.

Anyway Tiger's Den is very much over, I mean their HQ is full of vegetation (proof the whole place is abandoned). They may be alive and still continue in with their lives but the organizations is fundamentally over.
Jul 2, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2016
BGMaxie said:
the organizations is fundamentally over.

I'd love to share your optimism but unfortunately you are sadly mistaken. It took several decades for them to rebuild with all the top executives dead and only their successors showing up. This time all four are alive (and three were seen leaving the ring while still perfectly capable of getting up a few hours later) plus today's Mister X is still alive as well. I hate to regurgitate old points but to me it's clear the organization was merely brought to its knees. Financially as well, seeing as the statue was covered by vegetation and GWM is no more - but most definitely, this isn't the last time we saw them.

Compare it to the manga events: all three masked executives and Mr. X are fine - a decade later we find out they didn't close up shop for even that long, as they have trained Tetsuo Aku after their resurgence.
Jul 3, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2016
Hilarious episode! This anime had some really intense episodes, it was great! 8/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 3, 2017 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
Give me the booty!

Despite the Toei-ism I quite enjoyed this series. Really wished they'd have let some of the matches go for more than one ep though. At any rate I'm wishing more than ever the original series will gets some English subs.
Jul 4, 2017 2:44 AM

Jun 2015
That was a fun epilogue, Spring Tiger Spin-off when?
Jul 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Nov 2016
Even if this was a filler episode like most are saying, it provided a great wrap up for Haruna's character arch and gave us bit more for Miss X's character as well. Besides, we'd all be lying if we said we weren't hoping for at least one more match with Spring Tiger in it.

I'm surprised at how much I've come to love this show. Here's hoping for a second season or a spin-off!
Jul 21, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2015
I had gotten used to this anime and damn was it good to watch. Although the finale was about Springer it was great to either way
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 9, 2017 12:56 AM
Mar 2012
Tho some eps were terrible to sit thru, some central fights were between ok & great, with a variety of matches. Last few eps & female wrestling had better budget.
Quite enjoy the op/ed songs as well, overall love the manliness.
Aug 18, 2017 6:59 PM
Jan 2014
I liked the episode, but honestly I thought that it was kinda weird to be the last episode, it looks more like a OVA.

Tiger_The_Great said:

No. The point was to destroy the organization behind it, not beat the Den to the curb and leave it alone to recuperate. This is just begging for a sequel.

Not that I mind.

I would love a sequel to this anime.
Dec 30, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2012
Nice filler episode with the girls to end the anime. I loved the animation of this episode. It looked more detailed.
Tiger Mask W is a good anime with a lot of actions. Some episodes in the middle were not the best, but since I liked all the characters I was still happy to watch a new episode. Tiger Mask is so badass with his new mask.

I am going to really miss this show, the fansub had some problems with this anime, so I got used to watch this show during one year and now it is over :/.
The OP and ED are great! Tora, tora, tora!
Nov 6, 2018 3:29 AM
May 2016
If they decide to make a fourth series of Tiger Mask, can I have just be Haruna and the girls please? I thought this was just gonna be filler, and a weird out-of-place way to end the series, but I wanna see more of it now. It feels more slice-of-life comedy too.

Overall, great series. I ended up finsihing it two years afer it actually ended but I'm glad i binged it, it was awesome! The hype I had when it premiered still lies within!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.