Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 27, 2017 4:48 PM
Mar 2015
Everyone is scrambling around on the board just trying to get a grasp of what the fuck happened.

As much as I want to post it, I cant find anything concrete cause everyone's all over the place in terms of spoilers, characters fates, spin-off series, etc etc.

So can someone who read the LN's all the way through step up to the plate and provide clarification for the rest of the board? (Volume 5 spoilers, ending, and spin-off spoilers. The whole works, everything.)

Thanks!
Jun 28, 2017 5:39 AM

Sep 2013
Well, I'm not an LN reader, but I had a look at the online fan translations.

It looks to me that the anime drops off at the very end of Volume 3 Chapter 5. So just start reading there, if you want to know the continuation (as I am doing).
Jun 28, 2017 9:10 AM
May 2015
I've finished all the LNs and I think you'd be better off reading the LN to see for yourself as to what happened. The anime misses out on a lot of foreshadowing for Vol 4/5 and some backstory on Leila. Worldbuilding and exposition is also glossed over for more focus on the characters. Fan translations are complete save for a few chapters near the end of Vol 5 so I will summarize what happened for the untranslated parts since I've already completed it. I have not read the EX volume or the sequel so someone else will have to fill you in on that.

The anime did gloss over some details and is missing context on the inner thoughts of the characters and was more ambiguous in the way they portrayed what happened in ep 12. By the time Chtholly woke up in ep 12, she no longer has any memories left and is essentially an empty shell with her final lingering sentiments of wanting to protect Wilhem. The anime expanded on the fight and took some liberties to animate it which made it seem like she unleashed the fairy gate in that final explosion. We also know at this point that she is no longer a fairy so she does not disappear and is able to say "thank you" to Wilhem before finally dying. There are some minor differences since in the LN as the fight is much longer and extended into the night time, and by that point her body is irreparably wounded and severely damaged.

The fate of Wilmen and Ren are hinted in the anime as the two ripples which show up with Suwon's detection magic. The LN goes into more detail but their condition is actually much worse than what we see in the anime and Wilhem's body is close to being destroyed from over exerting himself trying to save Ren.

Jun 28, 2017 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
Garloct said:

Thanks for the info glad to know the ending! I really don't see a sequel after this... The post ending scene from episode 12, where you see a baby Ctholly(I think), is it
SnaitaJun 28, 2017 3:48 PM
Jun 29, 2017 6:06 AM
May 2015
Snaita said:
Garloct said:

Thanks for the info glad to know the ending! I really don't see a sequel after this... The post ending scene from episode 12, where you see a baby Ctholly(I think), is it

Post ending scene is from the end of vol. 3 where there is a short section from the past describing Chtholly's birth. I believe they purposely made it ambiguous in the anime which is why many people thought she reincarnated. Thematically, it is a fitting way to close off Chtholly's story by showing things full circle from the beginning of her life and the end. Although she was born into this "half apocalyptic, restless, completely unsavable world", she was able to live her life to the fullest and become the happiest girl the the world ;-;.
Jun 29, 2017 6:56 AM

Dec 2011
Garloct said:
I've finished all the LNs and I think you'd be better off reading the LN to see for yourself as to what happened. The anime misses out on a lot of foreshadowing for Vol 4/5 and some backstory on Leila. Worldbuilding and exposition is also glossed over for more focus on the characters. Fan translations are complete save for a few chapters near the end of Vol 5 so I will summarize what happened for the untranslated parts since I've already completed it. I have not read the EX volume or the sequel so someone else will have to fill you in on that.

The anime did gloss over some details and is missing context on the inner thoughts of the characters and was more ambiguous in the way they portrayed what happened in ep 12. By the time Chtholly woke up in ep 12, she no longer has any memories left and is essentially an empty shell with her final lingering sentiments of wanting to protect Wilhem. The anime expanded on the fight and took some liberties to animate it which made it seem like she unleashed the fairy gate in that final explosion. We also know at this point that she is no longer a fairy so she does not disappear and is able to say "thank you" to Wilhem before finally dying. There are some minor differences since in the LN as the fight is much longer and extended into the night time, and by that point her body is irreparably wounded and severely damaged.

The fate of Wilmen and Ren are hinted in the anime as the two ripples which show up with Suwon's detection magic. The LN goes into more detail but their condition is actually much worse than what we see in the anime and Wilhem's body is close to being destroyed from over exerting himself trying to save Ren.

[spoiler="Volume 4 major plot spoilers"] Wilhem and Ren get dragged in to a dream world by the First beast and relive the final moments of humanity's destruction. By the end of this volume, they manage to slay the beast and to escape the dream world but the essence of the beast flowed into Wilhem, transforming him into a beast. Ren tries to save him and takes half into herself instead so they both become beasts. However, since Ren is a fairy, she isn't affected by the impulse to kill and instead gains immortality.

Jun 29, 2017 7:58 AM
Apr 2017
Wait how all of that happen?? And does that mean wilhem is alive?
Jun 29, 2017 12:15 PM
May 2015
amc9988 said:
Garloct said:

[spoiler="Volume 4 major plot spoilers"] Wilhem and Ren get dragged in to a dream world by the First beast and relive the final moments of humanity's destruction. By the end of this volume, they manage to slay the beast and to escape the dream world but the essence of the beast flowed into Wilhem, transforming him into a beast. Ren tries to save him and takes half into herself instead so they both become beasts. However, since Ren is a fairy, she isn't affected by the impulse to kill and instead gains immortality.

Jun 29, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
Garloct said:
Snaita said:

Post ending scene is from the end of vol. 3 where there is a short section from the past describing Chtholly's birth. I believe they purposely made it ambiguous in the anime which is why many people thought she reincarnated. Thematically, it is a fitting way to close off Chtholly's story by showing things full circle from the beginning of her life and the end. Although she was born into this "half apocalyptic, restless, completely unsavable world", she was able to live her life to the fullest and become the happiest girl the the world ;-;.

Yeah I asked that cause I thought it was when she reincarnated. Cause she appears in vol 5 as a 10 year old. So they made it ambiguous...
Damn the feels of this series, you must have had a blast reading the novels. They should have made a 2 cour anime in the first place, it would have been the perfect amount for sure.
SnaitaJun 29, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 1, 2017 8:16 AM
Apr 2017
Garloct said:

Wait where did you find the info on the epilogue; and is it the troll care taker who says welcome back?!? Or is it chtholly saying it?

Does that mean there's gonna be more volumes?
Jul 1, 2017 5:28 PM
May 2015
Nazga said:
Garloct said:

Wait where did you find the info on the epilogue; and is it the troll care taker who says welcome back?!? Or is it chtholly saying it?

I've read the final volume and that is my own rough summary. It's the troll care taker who says welcome back.
Jul 2, 2017 12:37 AM
Apr 2017
Garloct said:
Nazga said:

I've read the final volume and that is my own rough summary. It's the troll care taker who says welcome back.

Ok, but just making sure is chtolly dead? Like never coming back?

I can't find any full english translated LN's rn as well
Jul 2, 2017 2:56 AM
Apr 2014
There is a continuation after the 5th volume in the form of a sequel series titled Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Mou Ichido dake, Aemasu ka? ( 終末なにしてますか? もう一度だけ、会えますか?)

There currently 4 volumes out there, which I'm sure are not translated anywhere. I don't know if this is the final volume or not.

ibrowse_animeJul 2, 2017 3:09 AM
Jul 2, 2017 12:15 PM
Jun 2016
Garloct said:

Hi, I would like to know, after Chtholly consciousness terminated, what happened to Chtholly's corpse? Did anyone retrieve her corpse?
Jul 2, 2017 6:04 PM
Jul 2017
Ksjc20 said:

Hi, I would like to know, after Chtholly consciousness terminated, what happened to Chtholly's corpse? Did anyone retrieve her corpse?

https://fgilantranslations.com/2017/03/09/shuumatsu-v4-c1-beyond-despair/
Jul 3, 2017 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
Garloct said:

Thanks for the summary.

The story is SOO DAAMN good (based on the summary) and it could be concluded perfectly with 24 episodes.

And I thought chtholly would be revived at the end like Willem.

Based on the stuffs I read, it seemed there won't be a season 2 :(
Jul 5, 2017 8:55 AM
Jun 2016
L_Marques said:
Ksjc20 said:

Just to confirm, at the last paragraph("The spell incinerator shook the airship....") it was burning chtholly's corpse right?
Jul 5, 2017 10:37 AM
Jul 2017
Ksjc20 said:
L_Marques said:

Just to confirm, at the last paragraph("The spell incinerator shook the airship....") it was burning chtholly's corpse right?

yes, and Nygglatho cried a lot
Jul 5, 2017 11:35 AM
Apr 2017
Garloct said:

Wait no I shouldn't've read that... I was planning on reading the ln too. open spoiler tags to read by habit and there goes half the fun rip
Jul 7, 2017 5:27 AM

Nov 2009
attinat said:
Garloct said:

Wait no I shouldn't've read that... I was planning on reading the ln too. open spoiler tags to read by habit and there goes half the fun rip

There is a lot of stuff that wasn't said in the spoilers. Look forward to it.
By the way, there is quite a lot of differences between LN and anime, so it's a good idea to read from the start.
Jul 16, 2017 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
thanks for the spoilers makes me interested in reading the LN
Jul 23, 2017 12:33 AM

Nov 2014
Garloct said:

I thank you so much for this, I was wondering what happened next. I really hope they animate the rest, fingers crossed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.