Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had a weird feeling about the match of this episode at first. Still, Tiger Dark really made his presence well known after going throuhg so much pain.

This guy really is a golden egg in matches and I wouldn't want to mess with him, not even The Third.
Jun 17, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
Woah, I didn't expect that.

What a crazy ep!! The Third lost.. O_O
Amazing BGM during Tiger The Dark's rampage.

Current Naoto never grew to me much as a character, so him losing his mask was nowhere as impactful as the original Naoto.

I wish they had blood or more violence though, these are The Finals afterall.
XeogranJun 17, 2017 2:05 PM
Weakness is a sin!
Jun 17, 2017 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
I had a weird feeling about the match of this episode at first. Still, Tiger Dark really made his presence well known after going throuhg so much pain.

This guy really is a golden egg in matches and I wouldn't want to mess with him, not even The Third.
Me too, I didn't expect it would play like this but it makes sense. By playing it this way they gave Takuma the chance to beat The Third and he did. That SOB of the The Third ate all the Crossbow for free, and he deserved it, and that combo at the end to finish The Second was amazing too.

Xeogran said:
Woah, I didn't expect that.

What a crazy ep!! The Third lost.. O_O
Amazing BGM during Tiger The Dark's rampage.

Current Naoto never grew to me much as a character, so him losing his mask was nowhere as impactful as the original Naoto.

I wish they had blood or more violence though, these are The Finals afterall.
He's a pretty normal dude I agree. The loss of the mask is at best a reference but indeed it does not feel as impactful (at least for now). Naoto Date's psyche (as far as I know) was quite fragile back then and when the mask was ripped he snapped and butchered Tiger the Great.

I really do not think we will see the same levels of violence as in the original, after all anime is a lot more restrained than it was in 1969 and this is a shonen for everyone, still I expect Naoto and The Third to bout it out with Naoto kicking The Third's ass for good.

I for one want Okada to beat the living shit out of Miracle 1, I swear I can no longer stand any of these cheating assholes any longer. Hopefully Okada shows why he's champion by crushing this bastard.
Jun 17, 2017 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
holy crap Takuma was such a badass being the one who defeated the third, which in all honesty definitely deserves to more than naoto. having tiger masks get his mask torn off was unexpected and yet kind of lackluster it didn't really have that much of an impact since most of the main cast already knew who he was other than the nurse of course. one thing that I was a little disappointed with was takuma not taking off the thirds mask when he had the chance (now that would have made an impact).

lastly why does the next episode feel like a final episode when I'm certain it's not?
Jun 17, 2017 6:21 PM

Jan 2014
FallenEntity said:
holy crap Takuma was such a badass being the one who defeated the third, which in all honesty definitely deserves to more than naoto. having tiger masks get his mask torn off was unexpected and yet kind of lackluster it didn't really have that much of an impact since most of the main cast already knew who he was other than the nurse of course. one thing that I was a little disappointed with was takuma not taking off the thirds mask when he had the chance (now that would have made an impact).

lastly why does the next episode feel like a final episode when I'm certain it's not?

Afaik another wrestler will voice "himself" I think for 38, and Haruna will fight in 39.
Jun 17, 2017 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
they are really protecting Okada in this..not even Tanahashi and Kenny Omega got that much protection

and it was almost felt like Takuma was the real hero of this show lol
Jun 18, 2017 3:33 AM
Sep 2015
Takuma mask get mask taking off is supposed to be drama (and it really is). But Naoto is for character development for final fight. You can see in the preview that they stich tiger and tiger the dark mask together for Naoto. The better situation is if they have 52 episodes so that Naoto directly lose to the Third first and get revenge later, but apparently they have no time for that dramatic substory now.
Jun 18, 2017 5:02 AM

Oct 2016
Hyper-stoked for the finale of Final Wars. That Crossbow from Dark was brilliant. Double-KOing two deadly tigers, that takes skill.
Jun 18, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2015
And now finally Tiger Mask's identity was revealed .... it was an epic episode
Jun 19, 2017 9:24 AM

Nov 2009
Oh man, Takuma's dad is something, 4 words and he exposed both his son and Naoto's identities before the Third ever could.

The bg music during Takuma's rampage was cool. He was ultra cool, too. From the pv, he's without a mask - apparently cool with revealing his identity, too, now that Naoto's is out in the open and even gave his mask to Naoto. I'm very glad Naoto will get his chance to beat the Third one-on-one, too, and we'll probably have a dramatic unmasking of the Third, since this seems to be the trait that started with Kevin?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 19, 2017 12:00 PM

Oct 2016
There may be no reveal of the Third's face in the first place. Unlike his grandfather, he never showed up out in the open without it, his character isn't developed in that direction and there's that.
Jun 19, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder with what reasoning they will send out Tiger Mask for the final match. To me, Tiger the Dark was clearly the better man, he knocked out The Third with one blow.
Jun 20, 2017 8:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The new attack/movement of the Tiger the Dark was a surprise and he won to Tiger the Third and Tiger the Second in a couple combat!!!
Naoto lost his mask :(
Jun 20, 2017 9:47 PM

Jan 2014
Tiger_The_Great said:
There may be no reveal of the Third's face in the first place. Unlike his grandfather, he never showed up out in the open without it, his character isn't developed in that direction and there's that.

That would be the nail in the coffin to be honest. The Third has committed so many brutalities under his mask that unmasking him for the world to see as the ultimate scumbag now defeated, would be the greatest punishment ever for a darwinist like him. Plus Naoto Date killed Tiger the Great in a sense that it was paypack for all his violence and for ripping his mask. Unmasking The Third sounds like fair retribution.

TrashDax said:
I wonder with what reasoning they will send out Tiger Mask for the final match. To me, Tiger the Dark was clearly the better man, he knocked out The Third with one blow.
Okada will likely sustain injuries as a result of Miracle 1 being a foul asshole. Takuma will prolly be injured or something since he just healed up.
Jul 3, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2016
Such an intense episode! 10/10
Nanika ga Okashii

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.