Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2017 6:25 PM
Oct 2014
At first I thought: great, a show about gears and machine dolls, that's gonna be great.

I was not as displeased with the graphics as other people were. (mainly a the bad sound sampling bothered me, they failed at re-mastering)

The problem with this show simply is that all the gears on stuff make totally no sense at all.
Gears have tooth to be intertwined with other gears.

A gear hanging in the air or on some pole, without beeing intertwined with another gear makes no fcking sense at all. It's like they just slap gears on everything to make stuff look as if it would be something mechanical.

But wait, there's more.

The machines. Omfs. Do they really try to tell us that gears that don't touch eachother can move eachother? Pure logic fail. Unless it's 'magic' moving through the air, which it isn't. So, yeah.

But it gets even worse than that, when they actually show some intertwined gears that absolutely do not fit into each other because of the shape of their tooth. Like this doesn't even work, how can you animate such a shit without noticing that?

This show made me cringe so hard.
Apr 28, 2017 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Well I haven't caught up to it yet, but I'm pretty sure that it can be explained due to the genre. It has a "fantasy" genre, so that maybe explain itself.

As for the final statement maybe it has to do with production. Not the show's fault perhaps for doing that.
Apr 28, 2017 11:58 PM

Mar 2016
Kinda agree with post above. In the manga version, things are drawn more detailed, the gears are more "Correctly" drawn at least than the anime version where sizes are fitting and stuffs are connected and lets not talk about the novel's illustrations because I could only say damn beautiful. But I think it must be done for the anime version to catch up release time along with production budget.

To enjoy this anime, I really recommend everyone to read the manga version at least if not able to handle novel's wall of texts. There are some part of stories skipped or slightly jumped here and there.
Apr 28, 2017 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Well I read the LN and it has a lot of flaws in the first place(awful tonal shifts etc), anime even made it worse.
Apr 29, 2017 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
Its light novel adaptation. 90% of LN adaptations are garbage. Not to mention that 90% LN are garbage...
Apr 29, 2017 12:03 AM

Dec 2015
Actually the biggest problem of this show are it's main characters, one is a freak that masturbates over stupid gears, and the other is a genius brat which we're supposed to take seriously but it's impossible since she's a brat.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 1, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
joe_g7 said:
Actually the biggest problem of this show are it's main characters, one is a freak that masturbates over stupid gears, and the other is a genius brat which we're supposed to take seriously but it's impossible since she's a brat.

Main characters are supposed to be flawed. The name for characters who have no flaws is "Mary Sue".
And as long as that flaw is not "dumb as brick" or "actually the villain of the story", I am happy. This anime does not disappoint on the characters front.

Gears do not make as much sense, sure. At the very least, they have multiple redundancies (so that they keep working despite the massive damage caused by all the fighting) and lots of kludge. I tend to look at it philosophically - gears could not make sense, because they are drawn by animators. (who are probably not paid enough to try harder)
May 1, 2017 9:05 PM
Aug 2015
AeolusT55 said:

The problem with this show simply is that all the gears on stuff make totally no sense at all.
Gears have tooth to be intertwined with other gears.

A gear hanging in the air or on some pole, without beeing intertwined with another gear makes no fcking sense at all. It's like they just slap gears on everything to make stuff look as if it would be something mechanical.

Welcome to steampunk universe, it's your first day here?
May 4, 2017 10:29 PM

Mar 2009
SHE'S MADE OF 4 TRILLION GEARS.
May 5, 2017 7:56 AM

Jan 2011
I don't hate it as much as everyone else but I think it was a premature adaption. The show and animation looks really cheap.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.