Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 20, 2017 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For those wondering, I watched the raw version.

The wild boss fight was a little different from what I imagined. Steamed Bun's character design as well...

The speed of the anime is moving so fast I'm not sure if I like it... it's funnier in the novel since it's more in depth but I guess it'd get boring for people if it moved too slowly during the grinding phase.

Edit: typos

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:43 PM
Apr 20, 2017 10:38 PM
Apr 2017
MY STEAMED BUN IS PURE TREASURE (with a really pretty face)//cry in happiness

I like the adaption on "wild boss competition" between the three great guilds, and I glad they gave the entire episode on this plot, I've imagine they would stuff two plots in one episode like what they always did before and push the story even faster.

Tho, they really need to put more scene on how Ye Xiu haggled the guilds, this is the key on further story development, so far I didn't see much shameless mercenary! Ye Xiu in this anime.
Apr 21, 2017 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
I hope that this anime will not be a weekly rehash of how Ye Xiu destroys the other players and demolish bosses, it'll get old fast. I was attracted to this anime because of the first episode when the e-sports scene came into focus and I felt that episodes 2-4 never came close to episode 1's impact on me.

That being said, I still find the action pretty good, and I guess Tang Rou will play a more prominent role in the future as she just created a new character.

And wow, was his record beaten by a huge margin? (I recall him beating it at around 20 minutes or something with Lan He's party)

Apr 21, 2017 4:04 AM
Apr 2017
ClawViper said:
I hope that this anime will not be a weekly rehash of how Ye Xiu destroys the other players and demolish bosses, it'll get old fast. I was attracted to this anime because of the first episode when the e-sports scene came into focus and I felt that episodes 2-4 never came close to episode 1's impact on me.

That being said, I still find the action pretty good, and I guess Tang Rou will play a more prominent role in the future as she just created a new character.

And wow, was his record beaten by a huge margin? (I recall him beating it at around 20 minutes or something with Lan He's party)

his record got beaten was because the big guilds started to became serious and lending better tiered equips, some of them even invited pro players from the clubs that supported by their guilds. Ye Xiu himself realized that he can't do this kind of business forever because it has many flaws and only doable at the starting phase.
Apr 21, 2017 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
BiddinWar said:
Thanks... But didnt the studio say they are releasing them on YT? Why are they behind then? ._.

If I remember correctly, although the episode has been leaked, episode four is locked for VIP only right now. VIP is one episode ahead of the official release, so technically episode three was released this week for everyone.

As for subs on YT, I think they just started releasing them... as ep 1 came out on the 19th and they put up ep 2 on the 20th. I bet they'll upload episode three sometime soon to catch up to the official release.
Apr 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
Wow are you serious..? Mc Donalds going all out on their product placement in this anime.
I wonder how large the budget actually is with that much sponsor and investment dump into this.
They changed the story quite a lot from this point on to speed things up which made things seem out of place tbh.
Finally they adapt the guilds fighting for Ye Xiu to get this field boss, competing for him to beat the time record on the dungeons but too bad the scene where he got invited and hired (with a substantial amount of rare materials as payment) by other guilds (+ the reason why he is doing this) were not adapted, it was just stated explicitly when asked by Blue River. There was a lot of dungeon run before this field boss appear that was cut out.

The fight scenes are still pretty nice to watch, just a pity it turned into a somewhat shounen anime with an op mc kicking ass.
I'm still looking forward to his face off against his old team next episode really. Oh Yeah. XD
They'll probably skim through the dungeon runs while Ye Xiu teaches Tang Rou about the game from the looks of it.
Apr 21, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2008
Lambdaa- said:
Wow are you serious..? Mc Donalds going all out on their product placement in this anime.
I wonder how large the budget actually is with that much sponsor and investment dump into this.
They changed the story quite a lot from this point on to speed things up which made things seem out of place tbh.
Finally they adapt the guilds fighting for Ye Xiu to get this field boss, competing for him to beat the time record on the dungeons but too bad the scene where he got invited and hired (with a substantial amount of rare materials as payment) by other guilds (+ the reason why he is doing this) were not adapted, it was just stated explicitly when asked by Blue River. There was a lot of dungeon run before this field boss appear that was cut out.

The fight scenes are still pretty nice to watch, just a pity it turned into a somewhat shounen anime with an op mc kicking ass.
I'm still looking forward to his face off against his old team next episode really. Oh Yeah. XD
They'll probably skim through the dungeon runs while Ye Xiu teaches Tang Rou about the game from the looks of it.

Yea, they skip out on all of Ye Xiu cunning which is what makes the manga so good and funny... Also no deadpan face, he smile a lot more though.
Apr 21, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
echiomega said:
Lambdaa- said:

Yea, they skip out on all of Ye Xiu cunning which is what makes the manga so good and funny... Also no deadpan face, he smile a lot more though.
He was pretty much a stone, like nothing could shake his expression in the novel but the anime made him out to be a badass that smirks and snicker all the time. The smug face from last episode was priceless though. XD
Apr 21, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2008
Lambdaa- said:
echiomega said:

He was pretty much a stone, like nothing could shake his expression in the novel but the anime made him out to be a badass that smirks and snicker all the time. The smug face from last episode was priceless though. XD

As long as he's still a badass then that's fine XD. But they really need to add more of his cunning/trolling or else they lose a huge portion of the comedy... (they already missed the joke on his random gears)
Apr 21, 2017 6:53 PM

Sep 2007
echiomega said:
Lambdaa- said:

As long as he's still a badass then that's fine XD. But they really need to add more of his cunning/trolling or else they lose a huge portion of the comedy... (they already missed the joke on his random gears)

Agreed, I think it's a big part of his personality(and arguably the novel as well) and so far we didn't get to see a lot of those. They're moving at a quite fast pace, though. I am afraid they'll just skip most of it. Not sure how I feel about that...
Apr 22, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
I was so excited to see Steamed Bun Invasion! So pure!
however, I'm scared now of how much they'll skip because I was confused about what was happening at the beginning of the episode (since they skipped so much) and not impressed by it.
Apr 22, 2017 2:24 PM
Sep 2015
ClawViper said:

I think it's pretty clear it's headed in the direction of him building a team (fast hands girl eps 3) and will end up challenging his old team.
Apr 22, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2015
Way better than the 3rd episode!!!!!! Looking forward to the next episode! :)
For any of you wonder, I watch it on BILIBILI raw......
Apr 22, 2017 6:58 PM
Jul 2015
Maybe....... I should join the fansub team of Quan Zhi Gao Shou because I personally understand Mandarin.....
I just really like this series because I enjoy seeing Ye Xiu climb his way up to the top..... Exciting!
Apr 22, 2017 9:01 PM

Dec 2009
Nice, we get to see Steamed Bun Invasion :D

But yeah they had to cut out a whole lot of the back and forth on requests for mats heh
Apr 22, 2017 10:01 PM
Jul 2008
mrjames1026 said:
Way better than the 3rd episode!!!!!! Looking forward to the next episode! :)
For any of you wonder, I watch it on BILIBILI raw......

Next episode looks even better with Tang Rou and Su Mucheng's characters making their debut :)
Apr 22, 2017 10:30 PM
Apr 2017
My god, this episode was hard to watch. It doesn't fix any issues from the previous episode. Again, we have recycled animation, terrible camera angles, extremely weird CG (Some of them are just still frames and not even animated) and generally very bad choreography. Also, the fact that this anime chose to skip out on how sly Ye Xiu is and his meeting with Thousand Creation really makes it that much worst for me to watch.

As of now this anime is just a generate cluster of flashy(subjective) animation used to channel the viewers inner chuunibyou-ness. Overall it lacks depth so currently it is 5/10 for me. Would not recommend.
Apr 23, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2015
Kaigleser said:
My god, this episode was hard to watch. It doesn't fix any issues from the previous episode. Again, we have recycled animation, terrible camera angles, extremely weird CG (Some of them are just still frames and not even animated) and generally very bad choreography. Also, the fact that this anime chose to skip out on how sly Ye Xiu is and his meeting with Thousand Creation really makes it that much worst for me to watch.

As of now this anime is just a generate cluster of flashy(subjective) animation used to channel the viewers inner chuunibyou-ness. Overall it lacks depth so currently it is 5/10 for me. Would not recommend.

Don't be too harsh man. It's rare to see the Chinese put out such quality work. You can't really use the standard of your daily anime to rate this series. I know the camera angles are not as good and the fighting scene can be not as detailed, but you have to acknowledge the effort behind the scenes. It's not a cluster of fuck of bad cgi or anything. At least to me it is enjoyable.
Apr 23, 2017 9:04 AM
Apr 2017
mrjames1026 said:
Kaigleser said:

Don't be too harsh man. It's rare to see the Chinese put out such quality work. You can't really use the standard of your daily anime to rate this series. I know the camera angles are not as good and the fighting scene can be not as detailed, but you have to acknowledge the effort behind the scenes. It's not a cluster of fuck of bad cgi or anything. At least to me it is enjoyable.
mrjames1026 said:
Kaigleser said:

I'm trying to like it, but I'm pissed that even with that much sponsor and that much budget behind it, China cannot make a good anime. They should have just used some of that to hire some Japanese and Korean animators. There is no shame in doing that, but instead we get something like this. A cute try, but not worth watching if you read the novel or are keen on what makes something good or bad.
Apr 23, 2017 9:47 AM
Apr 2017
Since Episode 4 raw is already out, it is being worked on our discord servers by a small translation group and is almost done. Will be done uploading the file for download in like an hour or 2. If anyone want to help out with the progression for the future episodes, we could use more help.

Our discord server is:
discord.gg/p6ye3WC
Apr 23, 2017 9:51 AM
Apr 2017
Kaigleser said:
mrjames1026 said:

mrjames1026 said:

I'm trying to like it, but I'm pissed that even with that much sponsor and that much budget behind it, China cannot make a good anime. They should have just used some of that to hire some Japanese and Korean animators. There is no shame in doing that, but instead we get something like this. A cute try, but not worth watching if you read the novel or are keen on what makes something good or bad.

How do you expect China to build its own anime industry if it only hires foreign animators?.

Everyone has to start somewhere. This is just the first step. Once the local animators gain experience, they'll come out with better stuff. Don't forget, Japan has been making animation since the 1990s. Over 20 years of experience and mastering their craft. China only started a couple of years ago. It's an unfair comparison.

Apr 23, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2015
UmbrellaGun said:
Kaigleser said:

How do you expect China to build its own anime industry if it only hires foreign animators?.

Everyone has to start somewhere. This is just the first step. Once the local animators gain experience, they'll come out with better stuff. Don't forget, Japan has been making animation since the 1990s. Over 20 years of experience and mastering their craft. China only started a couple of years ago. It's an unfair comparison.

This is what I want to say. China has to start its own anime industry.
Apr 23, 2017 10:54 AM
Jul 2015
Kaigleser said:
mrjames1026 said:

mrjames1026 said:

What the hell are you even talking about.....Why you are so harsh? Their techniques are not as good as the Japanese's yet, if you don't like it just don't watch it man. Drop the series seriously if it's making you pissed. Don't watch a thing that makes you pissed. Enjoy the life dude, there are bad things and good things to different people. Don't even try to like it, it will only make you more pissed.

But I just think about that if you want the Chinese animation to be good, then I guess the studio that's working on the series will appreciate you. I am just giving you an suggestion. Alway look on the right side xD
Fuck what I am even talking about....
mrjames1026Apr 23, 2017 10:57 AM
Apr 23, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2015
The show is getting more interesting !! 4 episodes of epicness !!
MisanthropianApr 24, 2017 7:50 AM
Apr 23, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
whole episode for a single boss
is that last record notification scene for the goblin dungeon last episode? that's like record beaten by 7 mins

thanks, but same with episode 3, I think the subtitle disappear way too quickly (same times at the hard-sub chinese one), would be better if the text can stay for a bit longer.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 23, 2017 1:44 PM
Apr 2017
mrjames1026 said:
Kaigleser said:

What the hell are you even talking about.....Why you are so harsh? Their techniques are not as good as the Japanese's yet, if you don't like it just don't watch it man. Drop the series seriously if it's making you pissed. Don't watch a thing that makes you pissed. Enjoy the life dude, there are bad things and good things to different people. Don't even try to like it, it will only make you more pissed.

But I just think about that if you want the Chinese animation to be good, then I guess the studio that's working on the series will appreciate you. I am just giving you an suggestion. Alway look on the right side xD

I'm harsh because I care. Been following Chinese cartoons since 2015-ish when they started making 10 minute short cartoon episodes on random web comics from Tencent comic. One thing they improve on are the visuals (once again subjective) but fight scenes and camera angles are still atrocious to look at. This is what I don't understand because there's stuff like Kuiyu Chouyuan (Trailer on Youtube), but instead we get this.
Apr 23, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2016
Only bad thing about the anime is the Chinese to English subs, some parts are way too fast to read. However, from perspective of a guy who's only seen the anime, i really enjoyed this series.
Apr 23, 2017 3:16 PM
Aug 2015
CaptainET said:
Only bad thing about the anime is the Chinese to English subs, some parts are way too fast to read. However, from perspective of a guy who's only seen the anime, i really enjoyed this series.

well got to agree, but its not about chinese to english subs, is just that the guy didnt made 1sec longer for subtitle to be appeared.
Apr 23, 2017 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
CaptainET said:

Thats not terrible considering there are some regular anime out there with subs just as fast as these. Take Tatami Galaxy for example, they just talk really fast.
Apr 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2015
A whole episode to beat a single boss. It was pretty good. The action was smooth. Looks like another guild has beaten Ye Xiu's record for the Frozen Forest dungeon. Looking forward to see what he's going to do.
Apr 23, 2017 4:14 PM

Dec 2016
A really fun and entertaining episode!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 23, 2017 4:36 PM

Sep 2010
Ever since I seen him in promo I can never get over how Steamed Bun Invasion looks like.

It's like 100% opposite of my imagination. In my mind he will always remain as the likeable fatty that owns people with bricks and throws sand into their eyes. Somewhat stupid but how very brilliant at the same time, that's the Steamed Bun Invasion I know, not this guy, although other than appearance he is still likeable newbie that throws bricks at people

Sadly though, no matter how much I enjoy every episode as a novel reader, I can see endless flaws as well. For me, this anime is more of, animation of "certain limited scenes" from the novel that sure is nice to watch. Still for someone who doesn't know the original, how much they can understand about this story in the first place... which then brings another issue of "If I can't understand it I can't enjoy it".

I am addressing this issue again as I sure loved the novel a lot and even made one reread so my hopes for this anime ware quite large... sadly it turned out that they were also rather unrealistic.

Oh well, for personal enjoyment, in this season it falls second probably only to Berserk, which suffers from same issues. In any case no matter how many episodes no matter how many seasons we will get of this one, I will definitely watch every second of it :). If it's fate is to be buried in the internet unknown to most people just because of it's flaws then so be it.

The good news is that after 4 episodes the language doesn't bug me as much and if anything I love the ending song.
Apr 23, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Question for novel readers, obviously answer in a spoiler: How long will it take for people to know he is the "Retired" pro? I'm sure his identity has to be exposed sooner or later. I mean, he did say it to the boss but she took it as a joke.
Apr 23, 2017 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
Tyrel said:
Question for novel readers, obviously answer in a spoiler: How long will it take for people to know he is the "Retired" pro? I'm sure his identity has to be exposed sooner or later. I mean, he did say it to the boss but she took it as a joke.

TyrelApr 23, 2017 9:20 PM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 23, 2017 6:14 PM
Apr 2017
Apr 23, 2017 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
@ap1001 please spoiler tag bruh

Fun episode once again, 99% my show of the season.
Kinda sad that it's already super obvious that 12 episodes is not even close to what this show should have. Events are feeling kinda rushed.
Apr 23, 2017 8:09 PM
Jul 2015
Kaigleser said:
mrjames1026 said:

I'm harsh because I care. Been following Chinese cartoons since 2015-ish when they started making 10 minute short cartoon episodes on random web comics from Tencent comic. One thing they improve on are the visuals (once again subjective) but fight scenes and camera angles are still atrocious to look at. This is what I don't understand because there's stuff like Kuiyu Chouyuan (Trailer on Youtube), but instead we get this.
This is what you get when you expect too much......XD
Apr 23, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2015
Wow, this looks good. Hope it doesn't disappoint me.
Apr 23, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2008
Tyrel said:

Apr 23, 2017 9:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
His boss is so damn slow lol, I bet the newcomer genius girl will figure his identity out before she does xD

Other than that, we got another episode of our MC making everyone look like noobs but I think this raid was my favorite one yet
Apr 23, 2017 9:47 PM
Apr 2017
eso18 said:
Ever since I seen him in promo I can never get over how Steamed Bun Invasion looks like.

It's like 100% opposite of my imagination. In my mind he will always remain as the likeable fatty that owns people with bricks and throws sand into their eyes. Somewhat stupid but how very brilliant at the same time, that's the Steamed Bun Invasion I know, not this guy, although other than appearance he is still likeable newbie that throws bricks at people

Actually, Steamed Bun is one of the few "good looking person" specifically described by the author. Can't remember the exact sentence but in the book he was describe as "handsome, wearing stylish cloth, with dyed blond hair"
Apr 23, 2017 11:57 PM

Nov 2016
this show suprised me it is very good i am loving it so far loved the boss fight and how mc takes the kill while the top guild coundt do nothing XD.
from next episode preivew we are gonna be introudced to the blonde girl from ep1 and also the new red hair girl and also boss figth i think.
loving the show and animation for me its good cant wait to see more.
Apr 24, 2017 12:28 AM

Sep 2015
oh boii Steamed Buns is finally introduced!
Apr 24, 2017 12:34 AM

Dec 2014
Another awesome episode.

All those Big Mac's in the beginning got me hungry. :|

The world boss fight was epic, I love how Grim stole the boss right under the noses of 3 other major guilds.

The manager really needs to start believing Grim when he says who he is. xD
Can't wait for the next episode, I'm considering picking up the novel now.
Apr 24, 2017 1:02 AM

Jul 2012
Can't get enough of this show, hopefully it keeps it up.
Next Week looks really good, can't wait.
Apr 24, 2017 1:05 AM

Nov 2016
Understand said:
Can't get enough of this show, hopefully it keeps it up.
Next Week looks really good, can't wait.

same man cant wait for next week hopefully we get eng subs soon this time.
Apr 24, 2017 2:31 AM
Apr 2017
xxXHARSHXxx said:
this show suprised me it is very good i am loving it so far loved the boss fight and how mc takes the kill while the top guild coundt do nothing XD.
from next episode preivew we are gonna be introudced to the blonde girl from ep1 and also the new red hair girl and also boss figth i think.

That isnt “new” red hair girl and not boss fighting neither : )

cant wait too !!!
Apr 24, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2016
ycchen226 said:
xxXHARSHXxx said:

That isnt “new” red hair girl and not boss fighting neither : )

cant wait too !!!

ah by new red hair girl i meant the red hair girl introduced in episode 3 i didnt knew here name so i called her that and dammm thats eposorts than
i cant wait!!!!
Apr 24, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
bubbletea said:
Tyrel said:

Wait a sec....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 24, 2017 6:01 AM

Mar 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
bubbletea said:

Wait a sec....

That's probably the chapter of LN
In the manga its around chapter 20

They did cut plenty of scene from the manga/LN though

And I thought the anime will cover everything till the end?(source is not reliable LOL)

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - May 5, 2017

123 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

165 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.