Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 15, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
Now I don't wanna bash A-1 pictures since they can do good work from time to time. Though, I find the artwork and animation to be very poor. The character designs, outside of Saki, are very bland and uninteresting. The school uniforms are so uninspired it's laughable. It's like the creator just google search white dress skirts and red skirts/pants. The characters don't really have anything unique about on a design aspect besides their powers and hair color. I find this a shame since these characters got a lot to say.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 15, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
I'm perfectly fine with it.
Feb 15, 2017 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
Well, you're Sonic after all my dude.
Feb 15, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
I think the simplicity fits the slice of life nature of the show. Seems fine to me.
Feb 15, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
If we are talking about this show, personally the art/animation seems more fitting with this series compared to others. If I can point out, compared to the character designer who previous did Asterisk's character designs (and pretty much the anime designs didn't fit at all while it looked fine it kinda looks out of place), with this it fits perfectly since:

- It is a Slice of Life series
- Pretty much this artstyle seems fitting more for the show because it's pretty much simple + its much more liberty to do character expressions, the color usage looks good as well since its light.
- Animation is not really its best point, however it at least stayed consistent and it wasn't much of an eyesore.

These are just my two cents.
Feb 15, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
Symphyon said:
If we are talking about this show, personally the art/animation seems more fitting with this series compared to others. If I can point out, compared to the character designer who previous did Asterisk's character designs (and pretty much the anime designs didn't fit at all while it looked fine it kinda looks out of place), with this it fits perfectly since:

- Pretty much this artstyle seems fitting more for the show because it's pretty much simple + its much more liberty to do character expressions, the color usage looks good as well since its light.
- Animation is not really its best point, however it at least stayed consistent and it wasn't much of an eyesore.

Yeah but there are other SOL series with better character designs and designs artwork.
Feb 15, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Symphyon said:

Yeah but there are other SOL series with better character designs and designs artwork.

You do have a point on that which I can agree with but I think this shouldn't be put down in a way. Though since it's not the studio's fault for the uniforms at least (well from what I see that is how it looks like in the manga base on some panels my friend showed me from the Live Reaction). But I do see your point honestly.

Character designs, again... it fits but I do see where you're coming from, then again I guess it's just the A-1 thing, using the usual character models (I don't have anything against them with the character designs since I think they look nice, although yeah, probably bland can be put into).
Feb 15, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2016
yeah that's why this show will never surpass urara meirocho
this is pure boring SoL, urara is SoL AND moe AND comedy AND ecchi
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 15, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2011
Symphyon said:
MasterHavik said:

You do have a point on that which I can agree with but I think this shouldn't be put down in a way. Though since it's not the studio's fault for the uniforms at least (well from what I see that is how it looks like in the manga base on some panels my friend showed me from the Live Reaction). But I do see your point honestly.

Character designs, again... it fits but I do see where you're coming from, then again I guess it's just the A-1 thing, using the usual character models (I don't have anything against them with the character designs since I think they look nice, although yeah, probably bland can be put into).
I mean it's not a bad show. The writing makes up for it 10 fold. I also know it is how the manga is done. The author must be a young guy. He can do better than this. His writing is top notch.

GangsterCat said:
But the writing so fucking good!!!
Feb 15, 2017 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Symphyon said:

I mean it's not a bad show. The writing makes up for it 10 fold. I also know it is how the manga is done. The author must be a young guy. He can do better than this. His writing is top notch.

GangsterCat said:

Can understand tho but Idk, if he's a newbie then I can see in a way so that's not a big problem. Writing is pretty damn good which I agree with. Relatable cast and situations and its pretty nice too.

And clearly Urara doesn't really stand out much by comparison at least premieres wise, content wise I don't know but I do see by comparison Urara is pretty much down below for me.
Feb 15, 2017 1:46 PM

Sep 2016
Symphyon said:
MasterHavik said:

Can understand tho but Idk, if he's a newbie then I can see in a way so that's not a big problem. Writing is pretty damn good which I agree with. Relatable cast and situations and its pretty nice too.

And clearly Urara doesn't really stand out much by comparison at least premieres wise, content wise I don't know but I do see by comparison Urara is pretty much down below for me.
lol this show premise is garbage. INTERVIEW with MONSTER GIRL (which are not actualy monster at all)? boring af
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 15, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:
Symphyon said:

lol this show premise is garbage. INTERVIEW with MONSTER GIRL (which are not actualy monster at all)? boring af

That's your subjective opinion since you said "boring" but I think otherwise.

Personally if I want pure moe shows then I would go with Kobayashi otherwise, since Urara while being good I didn't really got back to it by comparison for my end, which is again subjective.
Feb 15, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
Symphyon said:
MasterHavik said:

I think what makes his series work so well is the characters. Especially the main character. This show could have easily been bad, but he made a respectable and smart male lead. Tetsuo is actually a real adult and a real teacher!

GangsterCat said:
Symphyon said:

It's as the title says. He does that. Also....they are monster girls. Vampire, snow women, dullhans, and scubbis are all monsters. They are not hybrids.
Feb 15, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
MasterHavik said:
Symphyon said:

I think what makes his series work so well is the characters. Especially the main character. This show could have easily been bad, but he made a respectable and smart male lead. Tetsuo is actually a real adult and a real teacher!

GangsterCat said:
It's as the title says. He does that. Also....they are monster girls. Vampire, snow women, dullhans, and scubbis are all monsters. They are not hybrids.

I can totally agree with that, and in this type of setting this really nailed it so far as far as I have seen from the show. I have mads respect in that regard.

But yeah the title does what its pretty much doing. Tho again, what the series excels is the writing itself, which the cast again, are relatable in the setting itself too, different situations where I could get into in society in cases, the cast seems varied and they don't feel like just characters, while they're monsters they feel like people too.

I still prefer Kobayashi in terms of characters which has more to them + it is extremely enjoyable to the point where I want to hug everyone, but Demi-chan does it well with the story and the cast though which works.
Feb 15, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2011
Symphyon said:
MasterHavik said:

I can totally agree with that, and in this type of setting this really nailed it so far as far as I have seen from the show. I have mads respect in that regard.

But yeah the title does what its pretty much doing. Tho again, what the series excels is the writing itself, which the cast again, are relatable in the setting itself too, different situations where I could get into in society in cases, the cast seems varied and they don't feel like just characters, while they're monsters they feel like people too.

I still prefer Kobayashi in terms of characters which has more to them + it is extremely enjoyable to the point where I want to hug everyone, but Demi-chan does it well with the story and the cast though which works.
Oh same here. I love Maid Dragon. I also like the dub of this show. I watched three eps of it when I picked up the series. Wow I really like how they approach this show. They also did a good job casting for it. ENG Tetsuo is so likeable.
Feb 15, 2017 2:02 PM
Mar 2016
It's good, not overproduced and keep the warm feeling ... I don't think we need great animation or god-tier art for anime like this, they just need keep this anime looks like they are now
Feb 15, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2016
Symphyon said:
GangsterCat said:

Personally if I want pure moe shows then I would go with Kobayashi otherwise, since Urara while being good I didn't really got back to it by comparison for my end, which is again subjective.
kobayashi, like urara, is a SoL AND comedy AND moe AND ecchi with lesser art style
CrossAnge

Feb 15, 2017 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:
Symphyon said:

kobayashi, like urara, is a SoL AND comedy AND moe AND ecchi with lesser art style

But Kobayashi isn't ecchi, its mostly 3/4 of that you mentioned. If anything ecchi that's just a bit less by comparison.

And again... Urara is still below that list because it doesn't really stand out on its own right. While Demi-chan, Kobayashi, and others from this season do otherwise. Hence why I am not focusing on that show much because compared to the rest I couldn't catch up to it in the end. That's how low the show can be. If I haven't even caught up compared to other shows this season by comparison unless I am completely busy over, then something is wrong with this.

MasterHavik said:
Symphyon said:

Oh same here. I love Maid Dragon. I also like the dub of this show. I watched three eps of it when I picked up the series. Wow I really like how they approach this show. They also did a good job casting for it. ENG Tetsuo is so likeable.

Tetsuo reminds me a lot of one of my teachers that helped me through rough times actually, except gender switches, it really touched me personally in a way. And Kobayashi has a lot more going for with its stuff, its pretty much the one show where the enjoyment levels can be up and running :P
Feb 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2011
Symphyon said:
GangsterCat said:

But Kobayashi isn't ecchi, its mostly 3/4 of that you mentioned. If anything ecchi that's just a bit less by comparison.

And again... Urara is still below that list because it doesn't really stand out on its own right. While Demi-chan, Kobayashi, and others from this season do otherwise. Hence why I am not focusing on that show much because compared to the rest I couldn't catch up to it in the end. That's how low the show can be. If I haven't even caught up compared to other shows this season by comparison unless I am completely busy over, then something is wrong with this.

MasterHavik said:

Tetsuo reminds me a lot of one of my teachers that helped me through rough times actually, except gender switches, it really touched me personally in a way. And Kobayashi has a lot more going for with its stuff, its pretty much the one show where the enjoyment levels can be up and running :P
Now all kobayashi needs is a good English dub and we're good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

94 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 8, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.