Forums
New
Jan 11, 2017 11:59 PM

Dec 2015
I think 12 eps wont do it justice
Just in general 12 eps for a fantasy anime feel really underwhelming
Jan 17, 2017 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah, but they need to see how well it sells first. At the very least, It isn't Madhouse who is animating it.

RIP NGNL S2 HOPES
Jan 17, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
FallenZephyr said:
Yeah, but they need to see how well it sells first. At the very least, It isn't Madhouse who is animating it.

RIP NGNL S2 HOPES

Yeah ur right :s
In the meantime, have a look at the pv :p
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-16/clockwork-planet-anime-1st-promo-video-introduces-cast/.111096
Jan 18, 2017 12:42 AM

Jun 2014
Robiiii said:
FallenZephyr said:

RIP NGNL S2 HOPES

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-16/clockwork-planet-anime-1st-promo-video-introduces-cast/.111096

Nice!!
The CGI looks nice for once, but I'll have to say that the characters look a bit too cutesy and simplistic. A detailed design would've been awesome. For story, I think they'll adapt 4 volumes?

Xebec, get out of To Love-Ru and make this a decent adaptation, it'll automatically sell. It's a Yuu Kamiya Guarantee.
Jan 18, 2017 1:05 AM

Dec 2015
FallenZephyr said:
Robiiii said:

Nice!!
The CGI looks nice for once, but I'll have to say that the characters look a bit too cutesy and simplistic. A detailed design would've been awesome. For story, I think they'll adapt 4 volumes?

Xebec, get out of To Love-Ru and make this a decent adaptation, it'll automatically sell. It's a Yuu Kamiya Guarantee.

Heard vol 3 is a good stop for em if they do 12 eps, but who knows lol

Most def.
Jan 18, 2017 2:28 AM

Jun 2014
At the very end of the PV, it showed 4 volumes. So it's just a wild guess at this point.

I just have this awful foreboding in my head.

What's your opinion on the designs?
Jan 18, 2017 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
FallenZephyr said:
At the very end of the PV, it showed 4 volumes. So it's just a wild guess at this point.

Lol, that's because only four volumes are out so far. Pretty sure they will cover 3 vol since vol 2 is in the middle of an arc.

And oh God Xebec, that pv animation and designs look atrocious, reddit people were killing it after seeing. And mc hair is dark blue, not light blue kek.
Jan 18, 2017 2:39 AM

Jun 2014
Frostbytes said:
FallenZephyr said:

Lol, that's because only four volumes are out so far. Pretty sure they will cover 3 vol since vol 2 is in the middle of an arc.

And oh God Xebec, that pv animation and designs look atrocious, reddit people were killing it after seeing. And mc hair is dark blue, not light blue kek.

It's not atrocious, but it's too simple and definitely not suited for action. Which leads me to believe that many people will ignore it's genuinely good plot and premise in favour of design flaws. Stick to Rom-coms, Xebec

Damn, I'm just salivating while imagining the designs if Madhouse was adapting this.
Jan 18, 2017 2:41 AM
Jul 2018
FallenZephyr said:
Frostbytes said:

It's not atrocious, but it's too simple and definitely not suited for action. Which leads me to believe that many people will ignore it's genuinely good plot and premise in favour of design flaws. Stick to Rom-coms, Xebec

Damn, I'm just salivating while imagining the designs if Madhouse was adapting this.

For a pv quality where you are supposed to bring out the best, yep it's atrocious. It's barely animated and I can't even imagine how the animation will look like in the anime.
Jan 18, 2017 3:26 AM

Dec 2015
FallenZephyr said:

I hate to admit it, but the pv didnt look good. Lots of still frames, and it kinda looks odd just in general.
Kinda made me feel like I was watching a pv from a 2003 anime. :/
Xebec can do awesome animation n sht, like Keijo was real fun
Theres probably more pv coming, maybe they'll highlight better scenes next time
Also theres a romance tag on the LN so theres that as well :p

Well so far if they decided to go the lazy route they're just losing a huge opportunity
Atleast we have SukaSuka coming lol
RobiiiiJan 18, 2017 4:19 AM
Jan 18, 2017 9:40 PM

May 2015
It will premier in TBS and BS-TBS, so yes, it will be 12 episodes...
I’m pretty sure this won’t get a second season afterwards either (unless it becomes extremely popular and sales rather well, but taking in consideration the other series that will be airing in Spring, I doubt this will be the case).

It will probably also adapt all the current novels (4) in one go.

Frostbytes said:

Yea, this definitely doesn’t look like a high-budget series. The promotional key poster is somewhat deceiving in that regards... So yea, even if it was a small peak, the overall quality of this 1st PV didn’t look too hot.

I’m still worry that Tsuyoshi Nagasawa is directing this (just why?)... If you are going to hire the guy, then hire him to direct series like Tsugumomo instead (or something), not this.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 19, 2017 7:07 PM

May 2009
12 episodes with 4eps/volume sounds I guess. (3 volumes out of 4, no sequels imo)
Robiiii said:
FallenZephyr said:

I hate to admit it, but the pv didnt look good. Lots of still frames, and it kinda looks odd just in general.

Well so far if they decided to go the lazy route they're just losing a huge opportunity

The girls looked particularly bad (compared to the LN illustrations, well that was obvious from the beginning, but still... ><) and the guys seemed OK. Except the hair color, Naoto should be OK and the art can suit Halter.
I feel like I won't like the chara as for Lance N'Masques.
Jan 19, 2017 7:26 PM

Dec 2014
I thought there were 12....will it air more????
Jan 20, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
Djidji said:
12 episodes with 4eps/volume sounds I guess. (3 volumes out of 4, no sequels imo)
Robiiii said:

The girls looked particularly bad (compared to the LN illustrations, well that was obvious from the beginning, but still... ><) and the guys seemed OK. Except the hair color, Naoto should be OK and the art can suit Halter.
I feel like I won't like the chara as for Lance N'Masques.

I concur. A Yuu Kamiya series deserves better art than what Xebec offers. Hell even the manga looks better than this.
Jan 20, 2017 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
Eh, I watched the trailer again on my Samsung Smart TV, it didnt seem so bad as i first mentioned
Probably the magic of my TV came into play here tho lmao~
Feb 11, 2017 6:01 PM
Sep 2013
Every anime and their mother has only 12 episodes nowadays.

12 eps, single season. Because they need to fill the quota for cookie-cutter school/romance/sci-fi/fighting anime. Preferably ones where male-female pairs are necessary. Or at least ones where [generic_people_name] fight with [generic_weapons_name] manifested thanks to [generic_energy_name] in [generic_competition_name] to fulfill their dreams.

Will Clockwork Planet get a second season? Highly doubt it. It doesn't look like quality anime in the PV, so there's little hope the finished product will be better.

Am I the only one who sees the character designs as moeblob-looking?
And similar in design to this:

?
Feb 18, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
@Angius Yes i think so too and it's definitely not what i was expecting. The manga is not something amazing, just some generic story, but at least it looked pretty good. And this is simply atrocious, thought about giving a try, but after watching the PV don't want even touch this ...
Oops that was all off-topic, but about 12 episodes i think there's no need for more and i said my reasoning already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.