Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this episode felt a little slow imo. Besides the background storytelling, we still got some final moments of Ouma making his mind clear about his goal.

Muetta's really starting to earn the trust of Ouma and Yukina as well. I love how Ouma uses his action that speaks louder than words. Might of overextended himself a bit though. RIP cake

Lol cute date between Ouma and Yukina. I think it was a fun moment between the duo before the final fight.
Sep 22, 2016 6:42 AM
Jan 2012
Watched the raw and couldn't understand the conversation. But I am shocked by the sudden and terrible turn of event. Why did the UN do something like that to Muetta? I hope this whole series don't end with a tragedy.
calvinloSep 22, 2016 7:19 AM
Sep 22, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2010
Well one more episode left and it seems there is still one mystery left to be solved.
Though i wonder what the last episode will be about seeing the current state of affairs.
This episode was also a bit to peaceful compared to the last but it explained a lot.
Sep 22, 2016 7:10 AM
Dec 2011
Aversa said:
Well one more episode left and it seems there is still one mystery left to be solved.
Though i wonder what the last episode will be about seeing the current state of affairs.
This episode was also a bit to peaceful compared to the last but it explained a lot.

Which mystery? since 450 years ago explained in this episode.
Sep 22, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
Its not like I don't understand what UN is trying to do, but its still sad to think that way. Human willl always be human i guess, always to be safe than sorry and different "views" against those who are different from others.

After watching this episode, it really makes me want to know what will really happen in the last episode. As long as Yukina and Ken are happy together then its fine with me, the others not important.
valvravetruthSep 22, 2016 7:32 AM
Sep 22, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
D-Joe said:
Aversa said:

The mystery of what the doctor is up to.
Sep 22, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2015
Man, I have this feeling this will end on a really sad note.... I seriously hope I'm wrong. I can't wait for the finale, and I hope it will have a decent wrap-up.

Great episode by the way.

Sep 22, 2016 8:18 AM
Dec 2011
Aversa said:
D-Joe said:

Dr.House? i think he just want to dissect aliens(or people with Nanomachines) you know.
Sep 22, 2016 10:53 AM
Jan 2014
So you think ken will rescue muetta and run off together?
Sep 22, 2016 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
D-Joe said:
Aversa said:

Dr.House? i think he just want to dissect aliens(or people with Nanomachines) you know.
Well he certainly has some crazy ideas.
And it seems Mueta might become a victim judging from the things that happened tho the prisoner they got would make a better victim.
Sep 22, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder what the doctor is up to!

Ouma came up with some crazy ideas.
Sep 23, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
dramaaaaaaaaaaa he is not going to take yukina with him ,and she leave her that way nooooooooooo
Sep 23, 2016 10:32 PM

Mar 2014
humans always repeat the same mistake and must be the one getting perished by the selfishiness, and humans are the biggest enemy to humans themselves.
ButtSlapperSep 23, 2016 10:38 PM
Sep 24, 2016 3:10 AM

Jan 2015
Now it's time to silently strike back to Kennosuke and Muetta. Since they're "immortal" which means they're a threat for humanity.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 24, 2016 6:07 AM

Sep 2014
Wow that was a surprisingly good ep in my opinion!
I actually expected them to finish the movie and have a happy ending in the finale.
But now I really really hope we get another season!
Its a shame this anime seems to be rather unpopular.

The mecha fights where nice (in most mecha anime the design makes no sense considering they can fly, but here they where only flying with "upgrades").
The characters had interesting interaction between them, I also liked how they show everyone "all" the time and not forget about them like most anime do.
The developement of the characters was somewhat nice and now even the story has become more interesting with other planets, a new efidolg enemy and stuff.

Also Hausen doing Hausen things. He really is a scientist through and through. (He could be a character from rapture XD)

It looks like the quality of animation is more solid now as well.

just checked for source material.. its an original story. good thing: dont have to wait for more material. Bad thing: if the sales are low, there will be no more content.
Comander-07Sep 24, 2016 6:13 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 24, 2016 7:04 AM

Dec 2014
I liked how everyone is back to reality... I wonder what will happen to them... I still wanted Muette with the bandana guy.... one episode to go it seems
Sep 24, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2014
Very emotional episode. Really interested in how they handle the ending.
Sep 24, 2016 7:53 AM
Sep 2016
Okay, so if having nano machines in you makes you immortal and a threat to humanity, then Yukina and Tom Borden would also fall into that category. They both pledged to a Glongur which injected nano machines into their bodies. What makes them different from Muetta and Kennosuke?
Templarsmom91Sep 24, 2016 8:03 AM
Sep 24, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
I was hoping through the entire series the annoying side characters (students, especially the kid with the camera would die due to their own stupidity and selfishness.
Sep 24, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Aversa said:
D-Joe said:

Well he certainly has some crazy ideas.
And it seems Mueta might become a victim judging from the things that happened tho the prisoner they got would make a better victim.

As I understand UN are scared aliens' abilities to outlive human and pilot mechs (that are more advanced then humanity has).
UN are not trying to kill them, because there are better ways to kill their brain.
Instead UN are trying to disable nanomachines circulating in their bodies by suppressing their brain.
At least that is my guess.
Sep 24, 2016 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
I feel like Muetta & that green haired guy who I forgot his name are gonna be dissected by that scientist to try to research that nanomachine tech. What Ken did to Yukina at the end , was the right thing (despite many opposing that he was an a**hole & etc). He's immortal and if he marries Yukina she will die before him..

But still shipping, I guess :
Ken X Yukina
Akagi X Muetta
Carlos X Mika
Tom X Shenmei
Graham X Hiromi (Yukina's mom)
Sep 24, 2016 10:24 AM
Sep 2016
Don't think that was Kennosuke's reason for saying the marriage proposal was null and void. Yukina is his co-pilot in the Glongur, she was injected with nano machines also. If nano machines make you essentially immortal then Yukina is in the same boat. So Kennosuke being "immortal" and dying before Yukina could not be his reason.
Sep 24, 2016 4:16 PM
Sep 24, 2016 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
ChutneyTooSpicy said:
Really didn't expect this episode, especially how Muetta is being treated, and then Ken's decision on what to. Great episode in my opinion, and it sets up for a very interesting finale.

I afraid that this series will have OPEN ENDING or something. Because the REAL problem about Efidolg Army is still there
Sep 24, 2016 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
What the absolute fuck! I swear to god if this ends sad i ahhhhhh!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2016 10:12 PM
Mar 2012
Even more plot threads, either 1 episode to rush it, or more seasons?
So Ken with the samurai code plans to visit Oni's planet with Muetta.
Why he retracted his proposal? Would he take too long visiting, or got sick of human regulations so the immortals actually plan to live in the other planet?
Sep 25, 2016 12:39 AM
Mar 2010
gophercg said:
Even more plot threads, either 1 episode to rush it, or more seasons?
So Ken with the samurai code plans to visit Oni's planet with Muetta.
Why he retracted his proposal? Would he take too long visiting, or got sick of human regulations so the immortals actually plan to live in the other planet?

Ken wants Yukina to be safe and happy.

Zeru and Muetta are basically prisoners of the UN at the moment. Ken plans to break them out, steal at least the Kuromukuro and Zeru's mech, at most them and the Efidolg ship, and either through normal space or through the hinge go to either Zeru's homeworld which is either mostly conquered or completely conquered; or go investigate the rallying call from the unknown force fighting Efidolg. The possibilities of failure and death exist every step of the way, and only increase over time. Even in the best case scenarios where they make contact with the resistance on Zeru's homeworld, or with the Efidolg enemy sending out a call for allies things don't improve much. What follows such a contact is an interstellar war that will likely rage for centuries, against an enemy that's likely existed since before human civilization, and has conquered tens of thousands of worlds.

That's pretty much the opposite of "safe", and for Yukina who hated having to fight and was reluctant to kill - only bringing herself to do so personally when it was do or die for the whole planet - it's pretty much the opposite of happy as well.

So he thinks breaking up with Yukina and having her stay on earth will be the best for her in the long run.
Sep 25, 2016 12:52 AM

Jun 2014
I have a really bad feeling about how this is going to end!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 25, 2016 1:34 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
This series needs a second season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2016 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
damn will this show have a bitter sweet ending like most mecha anime?
Sep 25, 2016 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
Kuromukuro and Thunderbolt Fantasy ending next week. I hope next season will have shows that can fill their soon to be vacant spots as "shows with actually great actions."
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 25, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
I sense an open ending on the horizon after seeing this episode.

It's sad to see how Muetta and Ouma are being treated now after the doctor discovered their immortality. I hope they don't do anything too rash, since the main Efidolg force are on their way to Earth.

Either way, the plan that Ouma and Oni were discussing sounds ambitious, but it could work. We do see Yukina's having a hard time accepting what's happening now and is upset about it all, but in the long run, Ouma's plan should keep Yukina safe from harm.

Great episode overall and if the shows ends where a second season could continue off from, then I hope that happens. =)
Sep 25, 2016 5:07 AM
Sep 2016
At least he was thoughtful enough not to dump her at the start of the ferris wheel ride. That would have been awkward for all concerned.
Sep 25, 2016 9:12 AM
Apr 2014
What is even going on? Yukina's mother losing her job was to be expected but everything else was just ridiculous. And why are there still security guys around Yukina 24/7 if her mother is no longer working there?

I really expected a nice end after the last episode. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Looks like a "dramatic" end or worse - a cliff hanger...
Sep 25, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2010
Nanashi said:
What is even going on? Yukina's mother losing her job was to be expected but everything else was just ridiculous. And why are there still security guys around Yukina 24/7 if her mother is no longer working there?

I really expected a nice end after the last episode. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Looks like a "dramatic" end or worse - a cliff hanger...

They are still considered VIPs and "heroes" so they still need to be looked out for.
Sep 25, 2016 1:59 PM
Mar 2010
Nanashi said:
And why are there still security guys around Yukina 24/7 if her mother is no longer working there?

The security guards were never because Yukina was the daughter of the facility director. The security guards were because after the first couple episodes, Yukina and Ken were the keys to a super weapon which 1) was the best weapon humanity had against invasion, and 2) was a weapon nothing human built could stop.

Between the two, that made keeping Ken and Yukina from being abducted, or assassinated by other humans, or harassed by the media a fairly high priority. Even though the first isn't strictly true anymore, the second one still is true. The last things they need is for someone to kidnap Yukina and Ken to force them to reveal how someone else could be enabled to pilot the Kuromukuro, which would enable it to be stolen. Or for someone to simply kill them for fear of the UN making further use of them.
Sep 25, 2016 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
holyshit, this show better get 2nd season
Sep 25, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
Humans be stupid humans I guess

A strange mixture of SoL and drama, I can't imagine this concluding on a happy note with how it ended and there only being one ep left. I really would've liked a season 2, it's a shame this is unpopular
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 25, 2016 11:37 PM
Jan 2016
Zel said he's getting too old and doesn't have much longer to live, but isn't he infused with nanomachines?
Either theres a plot hole... or Kennosuke is an efidolg clone and Zel doesn't want him to know. It would also explain why only Kennosuke, Muetta, and the other guy are the only ones deemed dangerous by the UN.
Sep 28, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
this ep i mean seriously what a way to throw all of this at us with only 1 ep left

im looking forward to seeing how this series will end but seriously hate the fact that they saved the world and then just liked that they get turned on smh

also always hated that dr and after this ep hate him even more along with a few other people
"one step at a time"
Sep 28, 2016 12:36 PM
Mar 2013
Surprisingly the darkest episode of the series.
Sep 29, 2016 12:04 PM

Nov 2015

Muetta still is far better than Yukina.

I think Yukina's family is the only one being happy about the only person working for the family being fired... Ok I guess, maybe they are rich?

This was more or less the best episode since we got a healthy level of revelations, plans and suspense. I still dislike all the school drama, the school characters are so boring.

The blonde guy always swearing, I hope he gets more development since "he's not longer human", he's also a cool character.

PD: Good guy Kennosuke dumping her fiancée (one day later after proposing) when they were about to hit land and that carousel. It would have been so awkward otherwise.

PD2: Guards randomly acting like assholes, punching kids and stepping on cakes so they look bad because of yes...
Sep 29, 2016 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
As expected....humanity is incredibly stupid. These idiots will doom their descendants to be wiped out by aliens down the road. The only problem is that these morons will live blissfully in peace and the ones who will get invaded are people who didn't get enough time to prepare.

The story takes "humanity is really stupid" to the extreme. Aliens defeated and a massive army is on its way? Let's do nothing. Just sit on our hands. Oh let's thank the people who saved our planet from annihilation...by drugging them and basically holding them captive. Maybe we'll let them out in a few hundred years when an army we can't possibly stop shows up.

I don't support the story choice here.
Oct 2, 2016 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
I should have seen this coming... with all the other things hijacked from Eva...

As for the UN lady... YES we need an arms race and we need it now!
Oct 3, 2016 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
BurntJelly said:
I should have seen this coming... with all the other things hijacked from Eva...

As for the UN lady... YES we need an arms race and we need it now!

Pretty sure EVA "hijacked" that from other works as well, just like it "hijacked" everything else from Go Nagai and Tomino. Kuromukuro is more similar to the shows Evangelion ripped off, like Mazinger and Grendizer.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 5, 2016 1:59 AM

Dec 2015
An episode presenting the aftermath of the conflict, a bit unusual for me but that was interesting.
The "love between heroes" is still as useless and weird as usual for Kuromukuro.

4/5 Am I wrong or should anyone infused with the nanotech (like Yukina or the american pilot) be an Immortal à la Highlander as well?

Comander-07 said:
its an original story. good thing: dont have to wait for more material. Bad thing: if the sales are low, there will be no more content.

This was a full-length TV series like in the past. The creators are supposed to give us a full story, not something begging for a continuation/resolution. This format works better so.
Oct 10, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 2016
oh god. if kennosuke and yukina dont end up together. ..
Oct 13, 2016 8:06 PM
Jan 2010
Felt this episode was a mistake. The series crossed the line it has been dancing on and the outpouring of darkness felt as predictable as it was unneeded. Up till then its odd tone had been fairly refreshing. But now it feels like they're trying to cram in all the tragedy they avoided so far. Hopefully the last episode can salvage it because at the moment I sort of wish it ended last episode.
Jan 10, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
Suddenly Dr Hausen is a dick?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 30, 2017 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Is a mecha show for fucks sake. Why are we ending with sleazy drama instead of big fights?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

107 by JVskunkape »»
May 25, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

142 by JVskunkape »»
May 23, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.