Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2016 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
I can't understand why people want this anime plot continue to go nowhere and wish the MC die?What makes me even confused,is actually people like this kind of thing,isn't if you cannot understand the plot itself,that anime will particularly become trash?

Life is empty without anime

Aug 23, 2016 1:53 AM
Jun 2016
well the one way I think it can matter, is in a series like this with war, it's a bit odd so few die, though as we find out this episode...thats been the point all along.
Aug 24, 2016 5:47 PM
Jul 2016
It's not always exactly true but having some of important characters dying usually increase the tension and the risk the protagonists have to go through in their journey. Either that or it can also be a milestone for a protagonist to change (it can be a change into either a better character or worse), it can give a character a motivation for going into vengeful path for example, or if the one who is dying is a mentor character usually the protagonist will be maturing up.

Having characters dying doesn't always means it is good story. But it can provide a good point to move the plot and tension of the story. It can be a good plot device if it's used properly.
Aug 24, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2016
Cryarc said:
It's not always exactly true but having some of important characters dying usually increase the tension and the risk the protagonists have to go through in their journey. Either that or it can also be a milestone for a protagonist to change (it can be a change into either a better character or worse), it can give a character a motivation for going into vengeful path for example, or if the one who is dying is a mentor character usually the protagonist will be maturing up.

Having characters dying doesn't always means it is good story. But it can provide a good point to move the plot and tension of the story. It can be a good plot device if it's used properly.
But I don't think this is the case of Qualidea Code,in fact,I still don't understand why Carina die in the first place.

Aug 24, 2016 6:09 PM
Jul 2016
Swordarc said:
Cryarc said:

But I don't think this is the case of Qualidea Code,in fact,I still don't understand why Carina die in the first place.

It simply means that they handled her death rather poorly. It's supposed to be a reminder for other characters that it's a war and somebody can die, and it served as a point that changed the happy go lucky tone in the beginning of the series into a darker tone. This kind of plot device was also used in MadoMagi, from simple magical girls into darker series full of desperation magical girls.

It's worth noting that they develop this anime series in a rush with extrenely limited time constraint compared to normal series so it's kinda normal that the quality is so-so or dropping as the episode goes.
Aug 24, 2016 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
Cryarc said:
Swordarc said:

It simply means that they handled her death rather poorly. It's supposed to be a reminder for other characters that it's a war and somebody can die, and it served as a point that changed the happy go lucky tone in the beginning of the series into a darker tone. This kind of plot device was also used in MadoMagi, from simple magical girls into darker series full of desperation magical girls.

It's worth noting that they develop this anime series in a rush with extrenely limited time constraint compared to normal series so it's kinda normal that the quality is so-so or dropping as the episode goes.
Oh I see.The rush is the result of the first 3 episodes wasted,the first 3 episodes are completely pointless and they should use the time for a better place.
TokumiaAug 24, 2016 11:24 PM

Aug 29, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2009
Swordarc said:
Oh I see.The rush is the result of the first 3 episodes wasted,the first 3 episodes are completely pointless and they should use the time for a better place.

They weren't pointless - they were characters introductions
Aug 29, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
bastek66 said:
Swordarc said:

They weren't pointless - they were characters introductions

only little in my opinion.It introduces a little bit about Ichiya over-confidence but mostly just arguing on little things,like who are responsible for the broken bridge,like who cares?

Also,you get a swimming episode.

Aug 29, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2009
Swordarc said:
only little in my opinion.It introduces a little bit about Ichiya over-confidence but mostly just arguing on little things,like who are responsible for the broken bridge,like who cares?

Also,you get a swimming episode.

If you don't care then why bother to watch it?
What's wrong with swimming episode?
Aug 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2016
bastek66 said:

I just want to point out that the beginning is unnecessary.
Arguments and swimming episode shouldn't be appear in just the beginning episodes,they should focus on introduction of characters and story mainly.

Sep 1, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2016
Swordarc said:
bastek66 said:

I just want to point out that the beginning is unnecessary.
Arguments and swimming episode shouldn't be appear in just the beginning episodes,they should focus on introduction of characters and story mainly.

Aside from the questionable swimming scenes, I think they tried to make the tone seemingly light and cheerful so the impact of the darker episodes starting from the middle of the series will feel more profound. It worked well in mado magi since they sucessfuly deceiving the audience into thinking that it's actually a lighthearted series, so when they pulled the twist that someone actually can die people got riled up (imagine it as if Squidward from Spongebob actually dies for real in a supposed to be joke). But in this case they failed to do so since in the beginning it's being told that it's a post-apocalypse war setting so their happy-go-lucky attitude feels a out of place, and when someone dies instead of shocked the audience wandering "It's a war, so someone is bound to die sometimes later why they seems never even think of such obvious possibilities?"

And what I mean by rush is actually the process of creating the series itself, the script is done in a rush and it's a tie in story from 3-4 different LN series by 3 authors. It means the authors doesn't have enough time to develop the anime script and fixing the plot holes or errors in their script. It's just like the developer pushed them to publish a half baked script into an anime. Not to mention there are 3 authors so it's possible there's some clash in opinions in deciding where will the series heads into, sometimes too much of authors writing a single series is messing up the series instead of improving it, somehow writing this made me remember the blasphemous Chaos Dragon...
CryarcSep 1, 2016 3:19 PM

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.