Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 10:41 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST POKEMON ANIME EPISODES EVER.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
May 26, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2011
Omg it was great, also a little flashback from Ash, it was nice, I wish they could show more about Ash's childhood.

That was intense, I watched it raw but I think Ash told to Serena "You don't understand!" and then she gets pissed....
that ost for GreninjAsh... too many feels.
I almost cried with the last scene, with Greninja putting the pokeball in front of Ash I was like "OMG FROM WHEN HE WAS A FROAKIE, I'M CALLING IT!" And then they put the flashback. I almost tired up, too cute ;w;
Pokemon is going to kill me feelings xD hhhhhhnnnn
May 26, 2016 12:51 PM

Aug 2015
Definitely one of the best episode in Pokemon anime history.
I feel that Pokemon XY and XY&Z need more people watching it.
May 26, 2016 4:13 PM

Jan 2016
Ash is back :D Now it's time to get the last badge

This episode was really touching ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
May 26, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2009
This episode got the emotional feels and reminds me that one episode from the original series but it is not as intense as that one. Liked his past of how he attempted to go on a journey before he was 10 years old. Glad his relationship with Greninja was resolved and enjoyed listening to the instrumental version of the opening theme. Oh, Greninja's pokeball rolled to Ash like when was a Froakie, very kawaii.
pokegirlMay 26, 2016 8:49 PM
May 27, 2016 9:01 AM

Dec 2015
Well, first time trying to discuss but ok (and I'm brazillian, sorry for any mistakes in text)... XY & Z 28 was an really impressive episode to watch. As someone said in previous ep discussion, since his defeat to Shinji in Lake Acuity (DP Series) there was no intention to redevelop Satoshi psychologically. Also interactions were well worked between Satoshi and Serena, Satoshi and Gekkouga and even between Pikachu and Satoshi Pkmn Team (to not mention Team Rocket). I expected an even greater focus on Satoshi, or more than 5 to 7 minutes in bad mood, but it was good. And the final scene ... oh Arceus, can no longer wait for the rematch against Urup!!

llYukiMay 27, 2016 1:00 PM
May 28, 2016 1:34 AM

May 2009
Oh God, the League will be so EPIC.
May 28, 2016 1:52 PM

Dec 2015
Shoryuuken said:

Especially now that the XY&Z 31, 32 and 33 episode titles were revealed!
May 29, 2016 12:53 AM

May 2009
llYuki said:
Shoryuuken said:

Especially now that the XY&Z 31, 32 and 33 episode titles were revealed!

The hype is reaaaal!!
May 30, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2014
Probably best episode from XY&Z. It was really good. It had good animation, and we learned why Ash wanted to become a pokemon trainer. And he finally managed to control gekkouga's transformation.

AND HOLLY SHIT, SERENA ALMOST CONFFESED!!

10/10.
May 31, 2016 8:38 AM

Jul 2008
Have to give it to the episode staff. The non usage of any music during the first part really made the depression thing hit harder. It was so eerie just hearing the sounds of the forest.

Anyway, great episode wih a realistic fight. No one was 100% in the right and they acted accordingly.

I did found it just a bit odd - no dramatically symbolic that all the vivillions just happened to evovle. Sure, they just survived a blizzard. EXP GET! But come on, those bastards just flew away O-o'' No ''i-ii-ii-ii'' to your savers ?
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jun 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
I'm really impressed by that episode.Never seen a depressing episode like that and XYZ so far has been one of the best Pokemon series...
I can't wait for the rematch with Wulfric.
Jun 2, 2016 3:37 AM

Mar 2013
Can't get over the epic scene where ash deliberately shuts his eyes to revert greninja from the fusion, showing their bond and control over the fusion.
That's 2 small seconds of an episode full of other great moments that held unbelievable meaning.

all in all great episode.
Happy Halloween
Jun 19, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
where can i watch subbed version??
Jun 22, 2016 7:48 PM
May 2016
michaelh19 said:
where can i watch subbed version??

Just today PocketMonsters fansubs released theirs. You'll have to google for it though since linking to downloads isn't allowed.
Jun 22, 2016 9:59 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Punkbeetle said:
Have to give it to the episode staff. The non usage of any music during the first part really made the depression thing hit harder. It was so eerie just hearing the sounds of the forest.

Anyway, great episode wih a realistic fight. No one was 100% in the right and they acted accordingly.

I did found it just a bit odd - no dramatically symbolic that all the vivillions just happened to evovle. Sure, they just survived a blizzard. EXP GET! But come on, those bastards just flew away O-o'' No ''i-ii-ii-ii'' to your savers ?

I know, especially the one that got saved by Ash Greninja. Storm passes and they leave without looking back, darn those Vivillion.

It's understandable why Ash would yell at Serena. His loss to Wulfric was his breaking point after having lost important battles previously. Anyone would get heated up and frustrated after losing in such a one sided match.
However, I feel like Ash should rely on his friends. Like talk to them if something is wrong.

Oveall one of the best episodes in a while. Ash being next to those wild Pokemon before going to get those bug Pokemon reminded me of the blizzard episode from the Pokemon Indigo Plateau show.

Jun 22, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2016
It was one of the best episodes of the anime in it's 20 year run. The only thing I found odd was this is the first and only time Pikachu has been showed to be under powered when he was separated from Ash. It's nice development but it just came off as a way to shove team rocket into the episode.
Jun 22, 2016 10:04 PM

Sep 2009
XYZ has slowly been growing on me. It started off not that good but the episodes have been getting better and this is definitely one of the best episodes in recent memory for the anime. Absolutely fantastic and the little throwback to his childhood or when Grenina was a Froakie was great.
Jun 22, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2014
Looks like Gekkouga Number 2 Satoshi and of course Pikachu Number 1 Satoshi
Holy shit, can't wait next episode. Pikachu showtime!!!
Jun 23, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
what an episode!! really amazing...
Serena best pokegirl...
can't wait for next episode!!
Jul 29, 2016 4:09 PM
Dec 2009
OMG Team Rocket finally had the chance to take Pikachu and they let him go! Haha. This was a really cute episode. I loved when Ash was running through the woods and met Pokemon from all different generations (Oddish, Snorlax, Bibarel, etc).

I can't remember what season but I think there was another episode where the gang got trapped in a cave during a rainstorm or snowstorm before though... they need to learn to check the weather forecast ;)

Excited for the rest of this season!
Jul 29, 2016 4:59 PM

Jul 2008
Lararin said:
OMG Team Rocket finally had the chance to take Pikachu and they let him go! Haha. This was a really cute episode. I loved when Ash was running through the woods and met Pokemon from all different generations (Oddish, Snorlax, Bibarel, etc).

I can't remember what season but I think there was another episode where the gang got trapped in a cave during a rainstorm or snowstorm before though... they need to learn to check the weather forecast ;)

Excited for the rest of this season!

This is the most Iconic one and probably the one you are referring to : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snow_Way_Out!
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Aug 4, 2016 4:09 AM
Dec 2009
Punkbeetle said:
This is the most Iconic one and probably the one you are referring to : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snow_Way_Out!

Yes, I believe this is the one! The scene with Ash hugging all his Pokemon is classic. Thanks for sharing the episode :)
Aug 6, 2016 4:20 AM

Nov 2012
I almost CRIED over the end of a Pokemon episode. Ash and Greninja's friendship is so important!
Aug 14, 2016 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
That was a touching episode. Finally Ash came to his senses.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SERENA. Serena is the best waifu. <333
Sep 3, 2016 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
So Ash as a kid sits in a Cave with Caterpie , Weedle , Ratatta , Buterfree and Oddish , yet when he becomes 10 he doesn't know these pokemon :l
Sep 19, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2013
Great couple of episodes, especially loved the downbeat atmosphere of this one. The cave scene definitely was reminiscent of the Snow Way Out scene albeit a bit less dramatic. Ash definitely has a habit of blindly rejecting friends help but it was good to see him make up with Serena eventually.
Oct 13, 2016 7:45 PM

Nov 2014
That episode was amazing!!
Ash got hit in the face with snowballs xD And I totally called it when the Spewpa evolved together. I knew that would happen. And I loved when Greninja rolled the Pokeball to Ash! Aaahhh the feels!

But this episode had a lot of feels for me. It kind of reminded me of myself in a way, being frustrated and trying to get back to my old self, then doing things I did when I was younger and re-experiencing the same feelings I had back then, in a happier time.

Also the Ash and Greninja high five was great. And, just a minor thing, but I love the animation and sound when Greninja reverts back to its regular form with its arms crossed looking all cool ^_^
Oct 19, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Snow Way Out was the episode I thought they were gonna flashback to not his childhood but I guess either way is nice, but it was reminiscent of that. I loved the song that played during that ep in the cave, they should've used Together Forever again, it's one of my fave Pokemon songs ever.

Serena finally did run after Ash and said he wasn't acting like he normally does as he never usually gives up and to bring the old Ash back, awww!!! The throwing snowballs in his face, ouch (my mom wasn't watching but listening and thought she punched him, I said it's snowballs, pay attention lol).

It was nice how later they went back out to look for him when it started snowing. I'm glad and and Serena made up again, I didn't like their fight and when she blushed and said her words snapped him out of it that was sweet.

Ash and Greninja saving those Spewpa and they all evolved and flew off! awww.

Greninja rolling the Pokeball to Ash like when he was Froakie to say he liked him and would always be there for him sort of was nice and the fist bump was super cute! <3

What an amazing and quite grown up episode. Everyone gets frustrated at times and just wants to be by themselves and even push their friends away from time to time.

That video looks awesome, I can't wait to see the league.
Nov 12, 2016 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Rocket Gang are back from vacation.

Serena be like "Satoshi, baka!"

Snow balls in your face.

Pikachu: Serena, help me look for Satoshi.

Serena: I don't care.

Pikachu: Bitch, please.

Serena: Aw, geez! I get it already!

Pikachu: Thank you. Was that so hard?

You know Pikachu's off his game when Rocket Gang, master masochists, tell him they don't feel shit.

Squishy be like "Let me find this little grown nigga so we can advance the plot."

Good to remember that Satoshi is a Pocket Monster whisperer.

I thought "Number one" was about to play when I knew XYZ start. I love this version.

Rocket Gang getting the true Jewmanbolto we all love.

Reset to zero.
RobNov 12, 2016 9:06 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 26, 2017 7:20 PM
Jan 2017
this episode reminded me how much i actually love satoshi's personality >3
Jun 28, 2020 8:39 PM

Jul 2017
Team Rocket legit just walked out on stealing Pikachu, I'm so done lmao

Jun 24, 7:43 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao the one time Team Rocket can catch Pikachu and they don't want it because of it's lack of power.
Love how they were just so disappointed they weren't getting blasted away like usual.

Some great focus on Ash's development!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kaitonic - Oct 27, 2016

75 by PrOxAnto »»
Aug 26, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 46 Discussion

Punkbeetle - Oct 20, 2016

26 by PrOxAnto »»
Aug 26, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 45 Discussion

Punkbeetle - Oct 13, 2016

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Aug 26, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 43 Discussion

Lararin - Sep 15, 2016

38 by PrOxAnto »»
Aug 26, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 41 Discussion

Hyack - Sep 8, 2016

31 by PrOxAnto »»
Aug 26, 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.